Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Occum's Razor = some Crop Circles are 'real'

laver

quote...'most of the circles that you think are made in the dead of night,in seconds,by aliens, aren't they're made during the day, in around an hour by people'

You say most.. what about the rest that would take hours to set out and make even in broad daylight.....

you just answered your own question laver, they're set out over a number of hours, in broad daylight.

the application of occam's razor will tell you that.....

;-)

• Like 1

P.S, thank god you've got the sense to only quote the relevant parts and delete the rest of the post instead of posting it in it's entirety, clogging up the board like a lot of lazy posters do!

:-)

If all the crop designs are manmade the hoaxers will eventually get bored or too old to play the game or die off and the phenomena will then die out.

If some designs are not manmade they will continue as they must be there for a reason and we will eventually find out why.

At present, after many years, they are going strong....

Pranking has a shelf life?

I do not think so.

• Like 2

Hardly a fair comparison unless the hoaxers are on some sort of 'divine' mission to convert the world to cropianity offering life after death...

fans of Sherlock Holmes then.

Not a one person who read Holmes hot off of the presses is alive today. And yet .... people still know Holmes.

• Like 2

I feel like crop circles are probably fake, but there's a chance they're real & I just really want to believe... :alien:

• Like 1

Crop circles are obviously all fakes...... The only shred of evidence I've ever heard that made me think maybe there's something to it was something I read in a book that claimed that ancient people of the united kingdom claimed that a race from the stars shot beams down from heaven and created patterns in their crops from time to time... That gave me pause, if there was proof that it existed that long ago, then maybe you could argue there's something to it... But when all it really takes is a board and a rope im pretty sure ancient people could have created them just as easily as people do nowadays... Not to mention that im pretty sure that claim in whatever book I read it in was made up...

Here's my next working theory, if there are a couple crop cricles that aren't made by humans or some sort of natural phenomenon.....

This would be my guess:

Since an advanced race of space faring beings drawing shapes in our fields as a form of communication is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.... If you have to blame it on some form of ET's, I'd like to propose that perhaps the idea that the alien greys are actually robotic machines created by a more advance alien race could be responsible, IF a couple of these robotic greys were accidently dropped into some water, or maybe got a bad bump from a ufo crash....then maybe it would have fried it's circuitry enough to confuse the mechanical grey into believing it's prime directive was to draw simple shapes in earth grass and crops. Maybe that's what's happening?!

:yes:

• Like 1

Here's my next working theory, if there are a couple crop cricles that aren't made by humans or some sort of natural phenomenon.....

This would be my guess:

Since an advanced race of space faring beings drawing shapes in our fields as a form of communication is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.... If you have to blame it on some form of ET's, I'd like to propose that perhaps the idea that the alien greys are actually robotic machines created by a more advance alien race could be responsible, IF a couple of these robotic greys were accidently dropped into some water, or maybe got a bad bump from a ufo crash....then maybe it would have fried it's circuitry enough to confuse the mechanical grey into believing it's prime directive was to draw simple shapes in earth grass and crops. Maybe that's what's happening?!

:yes:

I do not think aliens are going to cross space to "pee in the snow"

These guys explain it well.

LINK - Circlemakers

Really, the principal is quite basic. Easy to do without being seen even.

• Like 2

I do not think aliens are going to cross space to "pee in the snow"

These guys explain it well.

LINK - Circlemakers

Really, the principal is quite basic. Easy to do without being seen even.

Easy to do? I prefer an open mind on the phenomena

I do not see you showing an open mind, you do not seem to think a Crop Circle would be easy to construct, yet I have even given you step by step instructions on how to do so, and remain covert. What more do you want? All you have done is pick out a wild claim that has no substance and quite frankly is somewhat hard to believe, coupled with an unobservant plane passenger. How is that keeping an open mind? And how is it open minded to dimiss the bleeding obvious?

• Like 1

I feel like crop circles are probably fake, but there's a chance they're real & I just really want to believe... :alien:

THIS is what an open mind sounds like laver.....

• Like 1

Son you don't have an open mind. You've a "I've my answers and everyone else is wrong" mind.

• Like 2

Son you don't have an open mind. You've a "I've my answers and everyone else is wrong" mind.

No... I just keep an open mind because I don't know, as I did not see them all being made... nor did you!

Nope his mind is open alright, so open his common sense escaped thru it.....

No... I just keep an open mind because I don't know, as I did not see them all being made... nor did you!

You are absolutely right. You didn't see them all being made :P

I however possess something called an imagination. I don't need to see things in order to be able to think about them. I used my imagination, and my (admittedly shaky) grounding in what we call "common reality" and came up with the staggering realisation that it makes no sense for aliens, who even though they're alien, to try and communicate with us via cereal grafitti. Especially when it doesn't happen in the really big cereal production countries like Australia and America.

You are absolutely right. You didn't see them all being made :P

I however possess something called an imagination. I don't need to see things in order to be able to think about them. I used my imagination, and my (admittedly shaky) grounding in what we call "common reality" and came up with the staggering realisation that it makes no sense for aliens, who even though they're alien, to try and communicate with us via cereal grafitti. Especially when it doesn't happen in the really big cereal production countries like Australia and America.

You can 'imagine' that all crop designs must be man made if you wish. But the evidence leaves areas of great doubt that this is the case, so... I keep an open mind

You can 'imagine' that all crop designs must be man made if you wish. But the evidence leaves areas of great doubt that this is the case, so... I keep an open mind

So your argument continues to be:

129185867237633005.gif

• Like 1

Fine, so long as the term 'people' can apply to extraterrestrials, in some cases! ; )

Fine, so long as the term 'people' can apply to extraterrestrials, in some cases! ; )

Really? So another version of Lavers claim is what you deel is the answer?

elmer.gif

I guess we can consider the options

1 - Aliens use some sort of unknown beam to cross space and make lovely patterns in crop fields that apparently mean nothing to anyone

or

2 - People are playing pranks and utilising math to accomplish this overnight.

What seems more likely again?

Really? So another version of Lavers claim is what you deel is the answer?

elmer.gif

I guess we can consider the options

1 - Aliens use some sort of unknown beam to cross space and make lovely patterns in crop fields that apparently mean nothing to anyone

or

2 - People are playing pranks and utilising math to accomplish this overnight.

What seems more likely again?

psyche101 We all ought to of bleed to death by now in here on this Occum`s Razor Im all out of bandages ! :tu:

• Like 1

'...that apparently mean nothing to anyone'

But they do... and the message may be to do with math and geometry so worth a look

'...that apparently mean nothing to anyone'

But they do... and the message may be to do with math and geometry so worth a look

What do they mean? The alleged Arecibo answer contained errors!

Creating them with people takes math and geometry?

psyche101 We all ought to of bleed to death by now in here on this Occum`s Razor Im all out of bandages ! :tu:

I keep trying to say it's not a real life razor, what else can we do?

occam.jpeg

• Like 1