Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN human rights official on Boston bombing

tapirmusic

Richard Falck is also a 9/11 "troother" conspiracist and an antisemite who parrots the Islamist hate propaganda against Israel.

No surprise there.

And he fits right in with the current UN.

UN Human Rights Council “expert” Richard Falk has published a statement saying Bostonians got what they deserved in last week’s terror attack. He quotes W.H. Auden to make his point: "to whom evil is done/do evil in return.”

Falk explains the attacks as justifiable “resistance.” In his words: “The American global domination project is bound to generate all kinds of resistance in the post-colonial world.”

http://www.breitbart...hat-It-Deserved

How is this even remotely acceptable? Get US OUT of the UN!!!!

Breitbart.com is a conservative site, so we can expect bias, but they are simply distorting now and being manipulative with our emotions.

Richard Falk never stated that. His original essay can be found on his wordpress. What Richard Falk did say about the attacks was to call them "murders" and "horrific".

In fact the word "deserve" does not even appear at all in his essay. They do appear in the comments by a one Rabbi Ira Youdovin who stated: "What you characterize benignly as a “reflection” was, in fact, an extended and detailed indictment of American policy throughout the world, with the strong implication that America deserves what it gets, including the murder and maiming of some 200 men, women and children at a sporting event."

Rabbi Ira Youdvin is the one who said that, not Richard Falk.

We should also look at who wrote the article you linked us too, Anne Beyefsky wrote the article and not only is the title false "UN Human Rights Official Says Boston Got What It Deserved" but it was her, and her alone, who wrote those words.

Anne Bayefsky is a board member of the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs and has ties to Israel.

http://en.wikipedia....sky#Standpoints

So the runners and people in the crowd were part of an American global domination project and deserved what they got according to him?

Hope someone gives him what he deserves!

You are the only one calling for violence here.

This is what Falk said: The American global domination project is bound to generate all kinds of resistance in the post-colonial world.

This is what Breitbart said: Boston’s dead were "canaries" that "have to die" because of America’s “fantasy of global domination."

See the difference? Maybe...but will you understand the difference?

From the article; "Richard Falk is the UN’s “Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories occupied since 1967.” He has held the post since 2008, despite exposure as a 9/11 conspiracy theorist."

That's all I need to know, thanks. next.

ofc you are against protecting the rights of Palestinians, just because your view includes intolerance towards Muslims.

All people deserve rights.

The guy needs assassinating by the CIA.

Assassination for what? For writing an article which you clearly didn't read?

Some are too ready to believe the words of someone (Bayefsky) whose interests lies with Israel and maintaining policies of separation and aggression.

Justifiable resistance, Boston deserved this, think not Falk and what terrorist organization do you belong to other than the UN.

The words "justifiable resistance" never appear in Falk's essay.

I understand some might have difficulties reading his essay but one should at least understand the original material instead of assuming that the claims of an intermediary are accurate, what Bayefsky claims was on it, simply is not.

A telephone call from Oby's office and this idiot is gone - today - but do you think it will happen?

edited to add: This same opinion appears often here at UM. I think it's distasteful here but the big difference is that here it's just individuals stating an opinion. THERE we are PAYING for this *&^)% to insult us.

The chickens do come home to roost. No American wants our country to be attacked which is why we should adapt our foreign policy to be more conducive to peace.

I understand some have a view which places their hatred for Muslims and maintaining aggression as a greater priority than keeping us safe back at home. That view is the danger. Progress will balm us from attacks and foster greater peace in the world.

Right-wing religious views that Israel is a Holy Land that only Jews deserve and others should not have rights there is simply causing instability in our world and brings harm to our nation.

Basing our foreign policy on the Bible in the modern era is something no one should accept as agreeable not even Christians.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 3

I do think we should reexamine some of the stances that we make in the name of Israel. I still really do not understand why our country seems so entranced by them.

• Like 1

I do think we should reexamine some of the stances that we make in the name of Israel. I still really do not understand why our country seems so entranced by them.

Because of a 2000-year-old book from which we need to disentangle our foreign policy from.

The amount of money AIPAC contributes to certain policiticans might be influential but is a minimal investment in light of the money we give to Israel as foreign aid...do they really need it? They are just destabalizing the region. The have had years to make peace and they do have the upper hand, the power, and the money to be more responsible as the dominant force in the region.

double post

No, I have to agree.

The Bostonian invasion of Checnya is a blight upon the good character of common humanity.

Exactly - remember when they unearthed those mass graves and found that the bodies were all wearing Yankees, Lakers, and Rangers gear?

Then there was the social purge of all school teachers who continued to use the letter "R" when they spoke.

And who could forget the governmental mandate that forced all Chechens to build a yahd next to their house where they had to pahk their cahr.

• Like 3

You are the only one calling for violence here.

This is what Falk said: The American global domination project is bound to generate all kinds of resistance in the post-colonial world.

This is what Breitbart said: Boston’s dead were "canaries" that "have to die" because of America’s “fantasy of global domination."

See the difference? Maybe...but will you understand the difference?

How am i calling for violence? Did I say anything about violence? NO!

As for the rest, you are :

5399805046_0d30e4dd70_z.jpg

By what I have read, it seems he is blaming the American people along with the government, that is where he is wrong.

How am i calling for violence? Did I say anything about violence?

----------------

This thread is a perfect example of how the right manufactures fear of Muslims and how much the media can shape our perceptions to believe something that is not true. Falk never said those words, everyone in this thread who had been up in arms got duped, by the media, by the right, so your opinion which you believe you made as an informed person was actually, in this case, formed through disinformation.

----------------

This thread is a perfect example of how the right manufactures fear of Muslims and how much the media can shape our perceptions to believe something that is not true. Falk never said those words, everyone in this thread who had been up in arms got duped, by the media, by the right, so your opinion which you believe you made as an informed person was actually, in this case, formed through disinformation.

IMO the man should be sacked, not hung or shot. This thread is a perfect example of how the left manufacture fear of the truth.

• Like 3

IMO the man should be sacked, not hung or shot. This thread is a perfect example of how the left manufacture fear of the truth.

Thank you for clarifying, I was wrong.

Sacked for what though? He did not say that, you got fooled into beliving he did by someone else, but I could be wrong, maybe you actually read his article and have your own reasons in your own words to find fault with it. All I see is everyone getting emotional over lies for now...

The media is out of control. Both the Right Wing and the Left.

I can understand the anger towards this man, according the the Breitbart article....but it seems they are just using this as an opportunity to illustrate why we should hate the UN.

It's almost impossible for an average citizen to really know what's happening, without our opinions being manipulated.

• Like 2

Sacked for what though? He did not say that, you got fooled into beliving he did by someone else, but I could be wrong, maybe you actually read his article and have your own reasons in your own words to find fault with it. All I see is everyone getting emotional over lies for now...

And then he attacks Bostonians head-on. The police action in Boston was a "hysterical dragnet." Boston’s dead were "canaries" that "have to die" because of America’s “fantasy of global domination."

He minimizes the crime and predicts worse if America doesn’t change its ways to better accommodate the demands of “the Islamic world.” As he puts it: “In some respects, the United States has been fortunate not to experience worse blowbacks, and these may yet happen…”.

As I said earlier, he is blaming the American people along with the government, that is where he is wrong. He should not hold every American accountable for the actions of the government, like we can not hold every muslim accountable for the fundamentalists.

And as for emotional, I`m cool.cool_smiley.gif

----------------

This thread is a perfect example of how the right manufactures fear of Muslims ....

If anything this is an example of how the right manufactures anger toward some ***hat at the UN.

• Like 1

blah blah blah

Fine, you don't like Breitbart?

Yahoo is a liberal as it gets :

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-admin-slams-un-official-blaming-boston-bombings-171623771.html

Even your Messiah's administration sees that Richard Falk was way out of line when he spoke.

"Outraged by Richard Falk's highly offensive Boston comments. Someone who spews such vitriol has no place at the UN. Past time for him to go." - Susan Rice

• Like 1

One might think that saying something shockingly insensistive is something that runs contrary to his job...

• Like 1

Fine, you don't like Breitbart?

Yahoo is a liberal as it gets :

http://news.yahoo.co...-171623771.html

Even your Messiah's administration sees that Richard Falk was way out of line when he spoke.

"Outraged by Richard Falk's highly offensive Boston comments. Someone who spews such vitriol has no place at the UN. Past time for him to go." - Susan Rice

Susan Rice has always followed the line of her superiors, she has no true compass, and while her and Obama intitially seemed to disapprove Israeli agression, including taking great concern over the Goldstone Report, since Obama's second term both have reversed course so that both of them appear like Bush Neocon clones when it comes to foreign policy over Israel and the use of drones and domestic policy in fiscal matters including backing off from taxing the wealthy in favor of either raiding Social Security, in essence taxing it, or a carbon tax, which will cause everyone to pay more at the pump.

That Susan Rice initially advocated the Iraq war due to her alignment with her then supervisors it does seem she has returned full circle.

This proves nothing, AIPAC has become enamored with Susan Rice, as has Israel, ever since Obama has chosen to betray the left in the aforementioned policies.

Suan Rice is acting as an Israeli puppet.

One might think that saying something shockingly insensistive is something that runs contrary to his job...

One might think that if they were uninformed or misnformed regarding the composition of the UN Human Rights Council which has a longstanding tradition of not condoning Israeli agression.

For those informed the UNHRC is right on the money, this is what they do, they dislike drones, they dislike Israeli aggression, and other human rights violations.

Now what we have here is a Mexican standoff. If Falk is fired it would mean that Israel was able to control both the US (no surprise) and the UN (with US help but oh noes) and it would seem to a viewing worldwide audience as if Israel has manipulated the UN via the US. There will be blowback.

In essence Israel has a bone to pick with the UNHRC and will use the US to try and destabalize it. Good luck to them, they will need it. Israel has excellent dodge skills but this will be a test, if they suceed their influence has grown, especially if they corral Ban Ki-moon to their side, I have already ready conflicting reports on if he is taking sides or remaining neutral (does anyone know?)

Human Roghts Abuses ... such as blowing up an eight year old because you don't like people saying nasty things about yor religion?

you've proven my point. He should be standing up against human rights abuses, not saying "meh, you lot deserved it". His comments paint him not as a defender of the wounded or the oppreased, but ratheras someone with a spcfifc bone to pick with America.

• Like 3

Human Roghts Abuses ... such as blowing up an eight year old because you don't like people saying nasty things about yor religion?

you've proven my point. He should be standing up against human rights abuses, not saying "meh, you lot deserved it". His comments paint him not as a defender of the wounded or the oppreased, but ratheras someone with a spcfifc bone to pick with America.

Exactly...or drawing funny cartoons about their prophet. Don't see other religions trying to kill people over similar artistic expressions.

• Like 1

The following in an excerpt from an editorial published in the 'Spectator' 23rd.April 2013. I post it without comment (aside from the highlighting)....

One of the first world statesmen to send a message of sympathy to Boston after last week’s outrage was Gerry Adams, president of Sinn Fein. ‘Just watching news of the explosion in Boston,’ he tweeted, ‘Sympathy with people of that fine city.’ Mr Adams has every reason to think fondly of Boston. Throughout the troubles, while he sat on the IRA war council, Boston was one of the major American centres which he (through Noraid) could rely on for support and funding. Bostonian money would have been used to help pay for the IRA attack on Margaret Thatcher’s democratically elected government in Brighton, the grotesque Birmingham pub bombings that left 21 dead, and of course the Lisburn van bombing of 15 June 1988. On that terrible occasion six off-duty British soldiers were killed by an IRA bomb just after they had completed a half-marathon for charity.

By no means all Bostonians supported the IRA. But far too many for comfort filled in the collecting tins that went round the bars of the south part of the city, where IRA terrorists were treated as heroes. This activity was smiled on by many local politicians, and overlooked for a time even by the FBI. Of course one’s heart goes out to the dead and wounded from last week’s hideous attack, and the sympathy here in Britain has been universal. But it is not easy to draw the distinction between the horror inflicted on Boston last week and the IRA (and loyalist) atrocities of the Troubles. Yet US sympathisers are funding the ‘Real IRA’ even today. In the light of last week’s horror, would it be too much to ask them to desist?

• Like 1

----------------

Yeah because 9/11 and the Boston Bombings played no part in that.

Give me a break, just another anti-christian Islamic sympathizer.

• Like 1

You might as well have bombed them if words like those come out of your heart, You do not belong on the human rights council of anything.

• Like 1

Falk explains the attacks as justifiable “resistance.” In his words: “The American global domination project is bound to generate all kinds of resistance in the post-colonial world.”

Yes, I suppose we’ve thrown our weight around and stepped on toes, but too bad. Every time I see a comment like this I really wonder if those that make the statement or believe it have ever considered what this world would be like without American Hegemony? This sentiment that “our chickens have come home to roost” is based in nothing but Apathy and Ignorance. Where ambition is great there is also great opposition. This so-called “American global domination project” has presided over one of the most prosperous and peaceful periods on this planet. So if anyone says that Bostonians deserve it, then it is a badge of honor for all Americans.

• Like 1

This thread is a perfect example of how the right manufactures fear of Muslims

One does not need the media to provide history, facts, and track record on Islamic intent. I guess for the low information voter, the media is real good at creating fear. But the facts came before the fear and those that are aware are vigilant.

and how much the media can shape our perceptions to believe something that is not true. Falk never said those words, everyone in this thread who had been up in arms got duped, by the media, by the right, so your opinion which you believe you made as an informed person was actually, in this case, formed through disinformation.

I’m not up in arms that Falk didn’t say this. You have shown that to be the case. It really doesn’t matter that he said it or not. The thought already existed and is being spread by defeatists, which is more Left than Right. They are the ones that think that America is on the downturn. The bottom line is that it is still up to the American people if we stay at the top and do what we must to remain there. To do so, I think, is still worth any sacrifice.

• Like 1

The thought already existed and is being spread by defeatists, which is more Left than Right. They are the ones that think that America is on the downturn. The bottom line is that it is still up to the American people if we stay at the top and do what we must to remain there. To do so, I think, is still worth any sacrifice.

We are leaving a unipolar world and entering a mulipolar one. That is inevitable. Attempting to stay on top will harm us but finding ways to share power will bring global stablility.

As far as "the thought" already existing, you are right. I disagree with the rest of your editorialization since win-win games are preferable to zero-sum games, that is cooperation over competition.

And then at the same time, you know, over the coming days, we have to look at the root causes. Now we don’t know now whether it was, you know, terrorism or a single crazy or, you know, a domestic issue or a foreign issue, I mean, all of those questions. But there is no question that this happened because there is someone who feels completely excluded, completely at war with innocents, at war with a society. And our approach has to be, okay, where do those tensions come from?

—Justin Trudeau

http://blogs.canoe.c...#comment-179801

You cannot exercise your powers to the point of humiliation for the others. That is what the Western world -- not only the Americans, the Western world -- has to realize. Because they are human beings too. There are long-term consequences," Mr. Chrétien said in the pre-taped interview.

And I do think that the Western world is getting too rich in relation to the poor world and necessarily will be looked upon as being arrogant and self-satisfied, greedy and with no limits. The 11th of September is an occasion for me to realize it even more.

—Jean Chrétien

http://www.nationalp...af-5b93736230f1

So the runners and people in the crowd were part of an American global domination project and deserved what they got according to him?

Ill do it,where does the Big yuck mouth live,Ive got something for him.