Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ohio Classroom Shooting: Teen Shoots Himself

Commander CMG

A student at an all-male Catholic high school is said to be critically injured after pulling out a gun in a classroom and shooting himself in an apparent suicide attempt.

Police described the weapon as a semi-automatic handgun and said the episode was over "in a matter of seconds".

The youth was taken to hospital from La Salle High School, a private school west of Cincinnati.

Green Township Police Chief Bart West said there were 22 other students in the classroom at the time, but no one else was injured or threatened.

arrow3.gifView: Read more

• Like 1

Well at least he didn't hurt his classmates. :)

Not physically..

• Like 1

Not physically..

Actually, this is one I'll stick up for. In bullying cases, I've noticed some things. Sometimes, the bully just stops, the bullied forgets about it in time - this is the ideal scenario. Other times, the bullied becomes the aggressor, and most of the time it's a simple assault towards the bully - we generally cheer on this response, and say that the bullied stuck up to the bully. Fewer times still, the bullied becomes the aggressor, and retaliates beyond what most people deem reasonable - Columbine. It is in these cases that we turn on the bullied (which is justified, in my opinion), and paint a picture of someone who is mentally ill and/or evil. Then there's the cases that the bullied reaches their breaking point, but kill themselves - these cases are plenty, and we feel bad for the bullied, and everyone cries out about what we could have done.

Then there's this case. This person obviously hit their breaking point, and if it was because of chronic bullying, their bullies should be thankful that instead of pointing the weapon at them, this individual decided to make his last protest.

Personally, I feel bad for him. The emotional trauma that some of his classmates received from seeing this, I would bet pales in comparison to how they made him feel to commit such an act.

• Like 1

Very sad, I hope he makes it and recovers fully so he can tell us why he did this.

Very sad indeed... what kind of pain drives an individual to such lengths... he wanted to show them how badly he was effected but by what?

How much worse wool our be if he survives?

Actually, this is one I'll stick up for. In bullying cases, I've noticed some things. Sometimes, the bully just stops, the bullied forgets about it in time - this is the ideal scenario. Other times, the bullied becomes the aggressor, and most of the time it's a simple assault towards the bully - we generally cheer on this response, and say that the bullied stuck up to the bully. Fewer times still, the bullied becomes the aggressor, and retaliates beyond what most people deem reasonable - Columbine. It is in these cases that we turn on the bullied (which is justified, in my opinion), and paint a picture of someone who is mentally ill and/or evil. Then there's the cases that the bullied reaches their breaking point, but kill themselves - these cases are plenty, and we feel bad for the bullied, and everyone cries out about what we could have done.

Then there's this case. This person obviously hit their breaking point, and if it was because of chronic bullying, their bullies should be thankful that instead of pointing the weapon at them, this individual decided to make his last protest.

Personally, I feel bad for him. The emotional trauma that some of his classmates received from seeing this, I would bet pales in comparison to how they made him feel to commit such an act.

I'm sorry, I read the story twice and never saw anything that said he was bullied.

Why the need to point out that it was a semi-automatic handgun? How does the type of pistol he used impact the story considering that he could have done the exact same thing with a flintlock pistol from the 1800s?

Why the need to point out that it was a semi-automatic handgun? How does the type of pistol he used impact the story considering that he could have done the exact same thing with a flintlock pistol from the 1800s?

Maybe it's the wrong time to joke, but I'd be interested in a story where an old flintlock was the primary weapon :gun: "the suspect then [unsuccessfully] attempted to reload his weapon with what appeared to be some sort of black powder."

At home

Drawing pictures

Of mountain tops

With him on top

Lemon yellow sun

Arms raised in a V

Dead lay in pools of maroon below

Daddy didn't give attention

To the fact that mommy didn't care

King Jeremy the wicked

Ruled his world

Jeremy spoke in class today

Clearly I remember

Pickin' on the boy

Seemed a harmless little ****

But we unleashed a lion

Gnashed his teeth

And bit the recess lady's breast

How could I forget

He hit me with a surprise left

My jaw left hurting

Dropped wide open

Just like the day

Like the day I heard

Daddy didn't give affection

And the boy was something that mommy wouldn't wear

King Jeremy the wicked

Ruled his world

Try to forget this...

Try to erase this...

From the blackboard.

• Like 1

Oh that is sad. I hope he makes a full recovery, has to be very difficult for his family. A member of my family once attempted suicide and it was very traumatic for us all, luckily their life it totally turned around now.

This wouldn't have happened if there was a law against it.

• Like 2

Yeah, Columbine - bad example. Kliebold and Harris weren't bullied so much as they were bullies.

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread.

My heart breaks for kids like the one in the OP.

Nibs

Edited by HerNibs

I'm sorry, I read the story twice and never saw anything that said he was bullied.

I apologize, I shouldn't have made an assumption.

I feel bad that he had bad wiring and randomly decided to shoot himself in front of his peers.