Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Alien Structures on the Moon"

Dark_Grey

Indeed, and to me, then the question becomes "how did certain artifacts and edifices get here, if man was still in the hunter-gatherer stage?"

For example, how could hunter-gatherers have the knowledge displayed by the work at Gavrinis Island, but for one example?

What is beyond mans abilities at Gavrinis Island? When it was built in 3500 BC, the Island was still connected to the mainland.

psyche101 its like talking to a Blank wall in regards to some of these members in here,Time will tell If we are ever able to even get to 10% th espeed of light,much less get a chance to talk to E.T. I remember A talk ten years ago at Davis Mtns Observatory in West Texas Mc Donald observatory ! ITs not too bad as they go quite the great bunch of people to heard you around the place. Any who the Milky way was in discussion that night and the Curator went into wonderful detail about Just How Big Our Universe really is ! Remember this was way befor the Kepler,and Deep Space shots were all used to now !

But IT stuck into my mind so well,I always will remember it ! Cheer`s Mate Till we meet in Texas !just DONTEATUS

• Like 1

While it seems interesting what is so odd about it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavrinis

I read most of the Wiki stuff, but it seems not to mention that mathematicians have decoded the various engravings inside, and discovered that it encodes among other things, the value of pi out to like a gazillion points. THAT is what's unusual about it.

Long before Pythagoras and others, presumed cavemen were scribbling advanced mathematical concepts.

THAT is what's unusual about it.

Archimedes and Psyche and others, ditto response. It's not the structure itself gents, it's what the structure contains.

Edited by Babe Ruth

I read most of the Wiki stuff, but it seems not to mention that mathematicians have decoded the various engravings inside, and discovered that it encodes among other things, the value of pi out to like a gazillion points. THAT is what's unusual about it.

Long before Pythagoras and others, presumed cavemen were scribbling advanced mathematical concepts.

THAT is what's unusual about it.

Archimedes and Psyche and others, ditto response. It's not the structure itself gents, it's what the structure contains.

And just what does the structure contain babe? Please enlight us on this, Do yuo not think that If Advanced Alien races that supposed to of done,helped,ect do all this that by now we would of not found any evidence of such tech?

To travel the universe and build,aid,help evolution on this world so many years there would be no actual proof?

Do you know how long our little probes and bits and fiddley bits weve put on other worlds are going to be around?

Long enough for even us to some day go to these places and touch them again,see where they lay again. So ? Wheres the Alien proof of there envolvment here ?

The Ston henge ? The grand Caynon ? Oh! Oh ! I got it its right under our nose`s right? Just a thought Babe maybe you can show us the Fusion power plant buried under the Great Pryimid of Jeezza`s ?justDONTEATUS :tu:

Don

Why do you so frequently NOT read the posts of others before replying? Are you just consumed by ad hom type sentiment?

The information engraved into the stones inside the building, when decoded by mathematicians, among other things gives the value of pi, 3.1416 out to many many decimal places.

How can the 'cavemen' of 3000 BC have known about such mathematical concepts?

Can you be more specific? As in how exactly pi is encoded to a gazillion places inside? With sources please.
If you presume they are cavemen then you presume wrong. The inhabitants of north west Europe at the time were a settled civilised farming people. In the case of similar people in Ireland who built similar megaliths at the same period in history, they were known to be keen astronomers as plenty of their monuments are known to have impressive astronomical alignments. They are far more advanced than the mere cavemen you insist on describing them as.

You belittle them by calling them cavemen and it does you no favours by betraying your ignorance of matters you wish to tell others about. If you don't even know that the people who built Gavrinis weren't cavemen, how can we expect to take you seriously when you make other assertions about them and their monuments?

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 4

What about the Gavrinis monument indicates that extra-terrestrials had anything to do with it?

Agriculture in north west Europe dates back to thousands of years before the megalithic tombs like Gavrinis were constructed, indicating that it was built by settled farmers, not by hunter-gatherers.

Does this look like something built by extra-terrestrials who had the technology to cross inter-stellar space?

800px-Cairn_Gavrinis_entrance.jpg

"Dear Lord, I know I'm insignificant in the great scheme of things and a lousy believer, but please dont let anyone tell zoser there is a thread that is now going on about ancient structures and the ET connection. You know, things that ancient man just simply couldn't have done without ET help. Please? Amen. seeder.

• Like 2

Thats Golden Babe ! Cave men scribing onto Cave walls advanced mathmatics and Quantum Mech`s ! Sweet ! Wheres my Safty Helmut ? Bring one for Babe Ruth too !

at least throw in a few rolls of Tin Foil If we have tomake our own ! :tu::alien::no:

• Like 1

Don

Why do you so frequently NOT read the posts of others before replying? Are you just consumed by ad hom type sentiment?

The information engraved into the stones inside the building, when decoded by mathematicians, among other things gives the value of pi, 3.1416 out to many many decimal places.

Hardly cavemen, around 2500 BC the pyramid builders likely used Pi for the base measurements.

Did you get that from the Ancient Aliens show? I am afraid I am going to ask for sources, I can only find your claim on some woo woo sites. Any reputable site says the lines represent many things such as sunrise and sunset times or festivals. And that evidence was uncovered to show that they smoked pot when making these carvings.

Edited by psyche101

"Dear Lord, I know I'm insignificant in the great scheme of things and a lousy believer, but please dont let anyone tell zoser there is a thread that is now going on about ancient structures and the ET connection. You know, things that ancient man just simply couldn't have done without ET help. Please? Amen. seeder.

I do not think there is, Babe Ruths research is about as firm as Zosers. He is the soapbox king, plenty to preach, but never any backup, and it's all the Governments fault to. They must be keeping his computer from allowing him to post links. So is the aliens cover up, and every single tragedy that befalls America, ohh and yeah, another one who thinks the US is the entire globe.

Very Meh. Not sure who this nonsense is supposed to convince.

• Like 1

The moon is a man-made product of prehistoric people. It is hard to believe but it is the Truth.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

The moon is a man-made product of prehistoric people. It is hard to believe but it is the Truth.... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well haven't you been taken in. The Moon does not even exist - check this out:

LINK - The Moon A Propaganda Hoax.

2015. man once again lands on the moon

moon man sais: "welcome earthling. mind telling us something?" :alien:

earthling: "whats that?" :st

moon man : "what really crashed here in 1969?" :alien:

earthling: :unsure2:

• Like 2

2015. man once again lands on the moon

moon man sais: "welcome earthling. mind telling us something?" :alien:

earthling: "whats that?" :st

moon man : "what really crashed here in 1969?" :alien:

earthling: :unsure2:

It was obviously a Balloon. Nothing that flimsy made of all those bits of tin foil and aluminum tubing could possibly cross the vast distances of Space ...

It was obviously a Balloon. Nothing that flimsy made of all those bits of tin foil and aluminum tubing could possibly cross the vast distances of Space ...

i dont think you got the joke. :huh:

• Like 2

Well, the assumption that cavemen couldn't have known such things is fair enough, but the assumption that people living 3000 bc were cavemen is yours and yours alone.

• Like 1

OK, I've heard enough - I CALL.

Now bear in mind I know absolutely nothing about this topic, other than what I know about π and how it has been fleshed out to those 'gazillion' decimals over the years, subject to very earthly and readily explainable methodologies..

But you just made a VERY BIG CLAIM, namely that these 'cavemen' were given completely unknown (and unknowable) data on π to exceptionally high levels of accuracy by some 'otherworldly' technology, and I'm calling you on it.

First up, I challenge you to present the evidence that you (or others) have on this claim - show us exactly what you based this claim on. Take your time, as I shall when I respond, in a logical, reasoned, provable, documented and cited fashion...

If I'm wrong, you will have the unbridled joy of getting an unreserved apology from me. I'll happily wear the consequences if this doesn't go my way, but something tells me I don't have a lot to be concerned about..

BTW, feel free to back down immediately, but you better have an explanation for THAT, as well. Oh, and if you won't engage in this little challenge, that's OK, I'll do all your work for you - but that won't be a good look, Babe..

So you go first - show us these engravings/symbols and how they were interpreted to encode π. I'm very eager to see this.

Yes, deepest apologies to all the folks that inhabited Gavrinis island. Did not mean to impugn your humanity or your intelligence, or your reputations. So Sorry! :cry:

And to all the readers here, I hope you are sitting down. Please do, if you're not already. Shocking revelation coming......yes, the source of my information was History Channel's Ancient Aliens!

I know that is heresy 'round here. :innocent:

Yes, deepest apologies to all the folks that inhabited Gavrinis island. Did not mean to impugn your humanity or your intelligence, or your reputations. So Sorry! :cry:

And to all the readers here, I hope you are sitting down. Please do, if you're not already. Shocking revelation coming......yes, the source of my information was History Channel's Ancient Aliens!

I know that is heresy 'round here. :innocent:

Feel free to post something over on the AA thread, you know how much I like ripping the History Channels AA series to bits dont you?

No, I was not aware of that Seeder, but thanks for the heads up. And thanks for you guidance in commenting on threads. How could I go on without you? :tu:

i dont think you got the joke. :huh:

No, I was playing along with the joke, if the joke was, as i presume, an allusion to the Roswell incident of 1947.

Maybe I'm just too subtle & sophisticated.

I shall be as polite as I can, though none is deserved.. Let's clarify - Babe Ruth brought a claim here based on his memory/interpretation of some unnamed episode of an entertainment program that doesn't even pretend to be serious.

He doesn't think it was important to say that at the start.

He doesn't think it's important what episode.

He doesn't think it might be important to verify claims properly (or in any way whatsoever) before sprouting them as 'truth'.

He seemingly won't now back up the claim nor research it in any depth whatsoever..

And why do you, dear reader, think that might be? Could it be that he *has* looked into it more deeply and doesn't want you to know what he found? I doubt it. More likely his attitude is that anything that supports him should be 100% unquestionable. He won't research it as he, deep down, knows exactly what the outcome will be. Frankly, I think this is just pitiful. It's shameful deception. It might be ok when it is self-deception, but trying to take others along.. disgraceful.

If this was me, I'd immediately either:

- back up the claim by doing the legwork required

- apologise to all at this forum for my misinformation.

But it isn't me, and Babe will do neither, I suspect - but the wiggling and weaselwords will continue - he thinks everyone here should just take his (or "Ancient Aliens") word for it. I don't. And the reason why is pretty clear from this debacle.

BTW, is there anyone here who agrees with Babe and unlike him, has the moral fortitude to take up the case properly? Anyone else who saw the episode and did what Babe should have done, namely check the claim properly? I'd be delighted to debate this with anyone who will put their case in good faith and without deception...

No, I was playing along with the joke, if the joke was, as i presume, an allusion to the Roswell incident of 1947.

Maybe I'm just too subtle & sophisticated.

I hate to triumph over your sophistication but i was refering to the "supposed" moon landing.

• Like 1

I shall be as polite as I can, though none is deserved.. Let's clarify - Babe Ruth brought a claim here based on his memory/interpretation of some unnamed episode of an entertainment program that doesn't even pretend to be serious.

He doesn't think it might be important to verify claims properly (or in any way whatsoever) before sprouting them as 'truth'.

He seemingly won't now back up the claim nor research it in any depth whatsoever..

And why do you, dear reader, think that might be? Could it be that he *has* looked into it more deeply and doesn't want you to know what he found? I doubt it. More likely his attitude is that anything that supports him should be 100% unquestionable. He won't research it as he, deep down, knows exactly what the outcome will be. Frankly, I think this is just pitiful. It's shameful deception. It might be ok when it is self-deception, but trying to take others along.. disgraceful.

But it isn't me, and Babe will do neither, I suspect - but the wiggling and weaselwords will continue - he thinks everyone here should just take his (or "Ancient Aliens") word for it. I don't. And the reason why is pretty clear from this debacle.

BTW, is there anyone here who agrees with Babe and unlike him, has the moral fortitude to take up the case properly? Anyone else who saw the episode and did what Babe should have done, namely check the claim properly? I'd be delighted to debate this with anyone who will put their case in good faith and without deception...

you think thats bad? Ive been head to head with him over his Vietnam Combat experience....(hehehe), and his claims the boston bomb victim who got his legs blown off....didnt really get his legs blown off as it was really an amputee actor... no kidding :yes:

post 2458

http://www.unexplain...=246333&st=2445

Edited by seeder

You must have missed my previous post Charles, in which I gave my source, History Channel and AA. I understand you may not accept that, and probably don't. No problem here.

Your innuendo that you are such a perfectionist regarding sources and scientific method rings rather hollow, but your animosity towards me is not so subdued. No problem. I think you're just sore because you cannot prove the OCT on the other thread.

Your bravado regarding sources and scientific method is exposed as being way beyond disingenuous by the simple fact that you accept all the premises of the OCT, even though they have been disproved many times by many people. By putting me down for accepting History Channel and AA as authentic, whilst accepting the pap that is the OCT, you come across very strongly as operating by double standards.

AA is reviled by many in a most passionate way, and that is the opposite of the cool and calm rational analysis demanded by the scientific method. Sorry Charlie.