Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pilot reports 'UFO' as he lands at UK airport

Still Waters

most plausible explanation so far me thinks.

I have heard something about something being tracked but still looking for more info/confirmation

edit to add: something about something...hmmmm ok- that is about as vague as one can get

lame answers...

How do you see something as small as a balloon from 300ft away o.O

I mean... really? It would look like a dot.

I find the biggest problem to be that with all this alleged tracking, we do not have one case across all time that has been tracked going into, or coming from space. They all seem to originate, and disappear right here. If even one went into space, we could consider even a certain region of the galaxy as inhabited with intelligence. The WOW! signal gave us a direction, this is what I suspect should be even easier to ascertain from a physical body. When Pilots report things like this:

pink-doughnut_1838966i.jpg

One can see how the more zealous might jump at far fetched conclusions when dealing with only a description.

Why is it hard to believe that alien aircraft isn't radar invisible like the radar invisible bombers?

• Like 1

From 300 miles away, would a glider appear big enough to worry a jumbo jet? I didn't see any reference to whether the object was in motion or hovering. As the jet was moving the object could have been stationery and the jet flew over it.

Why is it hard to believe that alien aircraft isn't radar invisible like the radar invisible bombers?

Stealth capabilities are a design feature in the shape and components of the aircraft. The traditional descriptions we get about UFO's (i.e. saucer, hat, cigar shape etc.) aren't shaped for stealth, they would show up rather easily. One could argue the UFO may have some exotic 'skin' to nullify radar but if we go that route we might as well throw unicorns in the mix for all the evidential value that has.

Edited by Slave2Fate

Stealth capabilities are a design feature in the shape and components of the aircraft. The traditional descriptions we get about UFO's (i.e. saucer, hat, cigar shape etc.) aren't shaped for stealth, they would show up rather easily. One could argue the UFO may have some exotic 'skin' to nullify radar but if we go that route we might as well throw unicorns in the mix for all the evidential value that has.

So, the stealth technology of any possible extraterrestrial civilization, even if is thousands or millions of years ahead us, must appear essentially like our own?! We have the report of what the two pilots saw, and what the airport couldn't see with its radar. That seems to add up to radar invisibility, whether we can explain how it was done, or not.
  • Like 1

So then they simply admit it was a UFO... was about time that people stop looking for decepetion where there isnt any..

It is just too bad there isnt any pictures ( again... ). People buy all sort of this HD gazilionmegapixels cameras yet no one ever records something good for a change.. The pilots word does carry some weight but not enough to sound amazingly out of the world.

For what they saw might be the Hessdalen phenomena.

The two pilots did not report a light, which is what the Hessdalen phenomenon produces. The BBC report quotes them as stating that it was a craft of some sort, with blue and yellow colors on its surface. They saw it at close quarters, saying it loomed up from below them, and was traveling in the opposite direction.
  • Like 2

So, the stealth technology of any possible extraterrestrial civilization, even if is thousands or millions of years ahead us, must appear essentially like our own?! We have the report of what the two pilots saw, and what the airport couldn't see with its radar. That seems to add up to radar invisibility, whether we can explain how it was done, or not.

Well, we've got to go with what we know right? Otherwise it ends up being assumption stacked on top of speculation all mixed with a little opinion which is a recipe I think we can agree gets the field nowhere.

• Like 1

I have to agree with Bison,If E.T is smart enough to get here,then they are way smart enough to not be seen or even picked up on any of our systems of detection.Even bending the light its self is in our reach. Add to that the ability to not even be here in the first place. Afterall Why muck up an already Mucked up World like were doing ? :tu:

there has been a lot of UFO activity in Scotland or Ireland although i think it's Scotland though.but i am sure it in both as well,but a near miss that's some pretty crazy stuff lol.i said before and i say it again i hope i see a UFO soon in my life.believing it's one thing for me but seeing that's better to sat the least.was it one of the grey's flying saucer or the good guys because there are good one's and bad UFOs out there.also as for the air traffic control i learned not to trust them or believe them for various reasons one never believe a official story and two i don't believe they tell the truth.i mean if our technology is so powerful and advance I'm sure they would pick up something

• Like 1

Er...how big is a balloon....

would have to be hot air balloon or blimp size

He's just a stupid pilot. He didn't see crap. As for the rest of the crew, mass hallucination covers that.

WOW, you really know it all don't you? You weren't even on the plane yet you know exactly what it was! Sounds like a case of, "Don't bother me with the evidence, my mind is made up!" :yes:

ITs the thing that the UFOlogist Love to read ,the lack of facts,then they can fill in what ever they want ! :tu:

My Pilot report would of been a first person sighting,without any proof ,but for my eyewitness !

Read some of Stanton Friedman's books and you'll be blinded with facts! :tu:

• Like 1

no doubt some of the most credible testimonies are from pilots around the world. whether those of airlines, military, independent..

I find it interesting and quite difficult to dispute their accounts. im sure many have seen history channels 'Black box reports'. incase not do check it out. its been out for about 3-4 years or so. that may not be the specific title but you can type that into youtube im almost positive itll come up. pilots have nothing to gain but their reputation to lose by making such hysterical claims. There are apparently over 10,000 ufo sighted eports in the last century (past 100 years) from pilots of all sorts worlwide. including radar reports from ground control.

I totally agree. However, some posters on this site have the gall to dismiss such credible reports as if they know better. I think the video that you refer to is: ' UFO Files - Black Box UFO Secrets', and it is a very interesting watch indeed. :tu:

I totally agree. However, some posters on this site have the gall to dismiss such credible reports as if they know better. I think the video that you refer to is: ' UFO Files - Black Box UFO Secrets', and it is a very interesting watch indeed. :tu:

That be the one. Thanks for the correction.

I also find ancient history (really its ancient mystery since theres boatloads of ish that leave even the best minds baffled) just as interesting. In fact if i ever had the chance to ask an alien a question it would be regarding the Giza, Teotihuican, puma punku, DNA, etcetera etcetera ×10000..)

• Like 1

Good Old Stanton Friedman eah ? THats another bag of worms. If its Got His name on it THen ITs for Sell ! :tu:

• Like 1

WOW, you really know it all don't you? You weren't even on the plane yet you know exactly what it was! Sounds like a case of, "Don't bother me with the evidence, my mind is made up!" :yes:

Sweetpumper is not just a believer. He's a member! I know sarcasm is hard to detect on the net

• Like 1

This ufo had to be big.this is happening more and more.

Years ago over long island where i live a jet liner saw a ufo also

I think it's rather funny that at every sighting there is a report and activity.

I have reason to believe that these sightings won't be acknowledged and released to the public, because the public won't even care to respect.

I also won't answer to this.. I just feel bad that no one has actually researched furthermore upon themselves before chasing aliens.

Because some are reported to be captured by RADAR. And those are the ones I am talking about. All RADAR tracks indicate terrestrial origin. You will not find a one that shows RADAR tracks leading into space, coming from space. The tracks indicate terrestrial targets. We can track any rocket leaving the earth, but never one UFO. Shouldn't all spaceships go into, or come from, space?

Yet RADAR tends to capture UFO's and is used as confirmation of "exotic craft". You believers just stop at the fact that confirmation stops short of space. As such, it means the tracks indicate terrestrial origin, or nothing at all, RADAR confirmation does not indicate UFO's are from space, but rather the opposite.

Your imaginary "advanced species" bit is tiresome, it's just regurgitation of religious zealots that claimed God was responsible for every happening in the world. Time to grow up a little I reckon. Why are all aliens advanced? Why do we never see any at our level of development? We can cross interstellar space so why can't others? The Voyagers wont pass other systems for about 40,000 years, we have not ever seen such relics from advanced species have we? No space junk, no signal talk nothing, and every species expect us seems to be highly advanced, and does not want to speak to us. Does that include all of Stones 57 or whatever species? Sounds like a lousy novel to me.

Best we have is the WOW!, and we ought to be working more on that side of things. It's the only decent and real indication we have ever got from possibly another species.

Edited by psyche101

I have to agree with Bison,If E.T is smart enough to get here,then they are way smart enough to not be seen or even picked up on any of our systems of detection.Even bending the light its self is in our reach. Add to that the ability to not even be here in the first place. Afterall Why muck up an already Mucked up World like were doing ? :tu:

Thing is, the UFOlogists claim they are indeed picked up mate.

LINK - Here is about 20 alleged cases.

People call aliens based on characteristics, the fact that these things do not go into space seems to be another matter. They are in our airspace, not space.

Read some of Stanton Friedman's books and you'll be blinded with facts! :tu:

What does any book by Friedman have to do with facts?

That be the one. Thanks for the correction.

I also find ancient history (really its ancient mystery since theres boatloads of ish that leave even the best minds baffled) just as interesting. In fact if i ever had the chance to ask an alien a question it would be regarding the Giza, Teotihuican, puma punku, DNA, etcetera etcetera ×10000..)

Dead Set, this site will give you that actual facts about alot of that. The Puma Punku explanations are particularly good.

LINK