Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pilot reports 'UFO' as he lands at UK airport

Still Waters

WOW, you really know it all don't you? You weren't even on the plane yet you know exactly what it was! Sounds like a case of, "Don't bother me with the evidence, my mind is made up!" :yes:

LOL, one thing, you canot detect sarcasm. That's one thing you definitely do not know.

What does any book by Friedman have to do with facts?

Wait, I got it...it's...uhm....never mind.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Because some are reported to be captured by RADAR. And those are the ones I am talking about. All RADAR tracks indicate terrestrial origin. You will not find a one that shows RADAR tracks leading into space, coming from space. The tracks indicate terrestrial targets. We can track any rocket leaving the earth, but never one UFO. Shouldn't all spaceships go into, or come from, space?

yes in point however, just as pilots claims report the crafts just seem to take off in a blink of speed. and lets assume for a second that is the case,.. i dont believe any radars today are able to track such a fast maneuvering object at those speeds. and good evening psyche :D Edited by Sheep Smart

yes in point however, just as pilots claims report the crafts just seem to take off in a blink of speed. and lets assume for a second that is the case,.. i dont believe any radars today are able to track such a fast maneuvering object at those speeds. and good evening psyche :D

Hello Sheep Smart

Was hoping you would be back :D

RADAR should be OK with the speed, recently a 3 meter meteor was tracked coming in at 103,000 km/h. (28.6 km/s)

I did not notice those binoculars last night, but I looked for them.

Cheers

Hello Sheep Smart

Was hoping you would be back :D

RADAR should be OK with the speed, recently a 3 meter meteor was tracked coming in at 103,000 km/h. (28.6 km/s)

I did not notice those binoculars last night, but I looked for them.

Cheers

should be ok or is?

there are also plenty reported where radar didnt pick up anything. i would believe those 'blink' speedes may well surpass 100,000 kmh. something that advanced may even travel alittle differently. lets assume.

yea im working on a pair of binos to see through he earth and be able to 45 degree it over your way. in time..

• Like 1

should be ok or is?

there are also plenty reported where radar didnt pick up anything. i would believe those 'blink' speedes may well surpass 100,000 kmh. something that advanced may even travel alittle differently. lets assume.

yea im working on a pair of binos to see through he earth and be able to 45 degree it over your way. in time..

Radar hardware is just fine with such velocities, although built-in signal processing filters could remove such traces so a radar operator would never see them.

Cheers,

Badeskov

when these blips do show up on radar they suddenly go off . so if it is being seen then suddenly not ... ( insert xfile theme soundtrack )

when these blips do show up on radar they suddenly go off . so if it is being seen then suddenly not ... ( insert xfile theme soundtrack )

Could have many reasons.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Could have many reasons.

Cheers,

Badeskov

:no::alien:

should be ok or is?

My position would be "is". Considering it uses radio waves for echo and dopler shift, and radio waves move at the speed of light, anything below the speed of light should be trackable.

Or a type of natural phenomena that does not reflect the waves.

Neutrino Binoculars :D

I'll keep an eye out ;)

:no::alien:

Atmospheric phenomena, interference, target ambiguity, radar malfunction are a few that springs to mind.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

Or a type of natural phenomena that does not reflect the waves

in that case natural phenomena may be far more intriguing. i mean that term alone is basicall like saying ..we have no idea.

especially in some famous case where 2 seperate pilots both report a massive craft minutes apart on the same track which also corrugates radar tracking,.. its hard to regard it as natural phenomena. atleast with consideration of a ufo theres some type of explanation.

Edited by Sheep Smart
  • Like 1

in that case natural phenomena may be far more intriguing.

especially in some famous case where 2 seperate pilots both report a massive craft which also corrugates radar tracking,.. its hard to regard it as natural phenomena. atleast with consideration of a ufo theres some type of explanation.

I think they are pretty intriguing. The Hessdalen Project is making leaps and bounds in this area, LINK, and when things like this one from the Flyingdales is submitted

pink-doughnut_1838966i.jpg

You can see how descriptions like the JAL 1628 Mothership might be explained by something very much like this.

• Like 1

Atmospheric phenomena, interference, target ambiguity, radar malfunction are a few that springs to mind.

Cheers,

Badeskov

atmospheric phenomena.. like what?

interference..from what?

target ambiguity... how and from what?

malfunction... from what and why?

this is the same as answering questions with another question.

either thats a flying carpet psyche or something far more perplexing than a ufo. again atleast a ufo is an explanation.

Rubbish obviously the pilot was drunk and it was a weather balloon. Good God man, swamp gas is not blue and yellow. It's only yellow.

Doubt the drunk part really. An A320 isn't the sort of a/c anyone under the influence could readily handle. Also, weather balloons generally aren't released anywhere near a glide path or whee the wind might take it into one.

But seriously, do any witness reports exist? The Pilot thought an ultralight might be the answer, but too high up I am guessing, so does that indicate what he saw would appear to be man made and not natural phenomena?

3500' is a bit high for an ultralight but it's not out of range either. Usually they operate a bit closer to the ground but you know these Scots* ... ;-) The colors would be right however according to the BBC story one would be "radar significant" (which is a new phrase for me) as would any of a number of other possibilities. There was another witness on board - a dead-heading pilot, I think - so the A320's pilot did have a second set of eyes on it.

The coloration may well indicate paint, which seems to indicate a terrestrial answer as well?

That would be my take although precisely what I'm not sure. Again, referring back to the article, pretty much all the possibilities would have been spotted on radar. OTOH, radar can be fooled in any of a number of ways. I'm not talking about stealth but other means that are known and understood ... although things may have changed a lot since I was a scope dope.

Why would one consider this event as even possibly ET?

Good grief, doesn't UFO ==> ET? Come now, old buddy, we both know the woo woo crowd will make that association automatically. :alien:

* I'm part Scot so I'm kind of poking fun at myself as well. :-)

Edited by Kludge808

No Sheep?

Nah, we got goats, remember? :-)

I knew you would fit in well, vitrification has been a hot topic here for some time now with regards to Ancient Aliens. Mostly mirthful, but all the same heavily featured.

You just had to mention that word, didn't you. Da Big Z will pop in any moment now, you know, with tales of Dunn & Foerster and the rest.

Quite frankly, I cannot wait to learn more about you. I do hope you become a regular. :wub:

Ahhh, but I'm single ... and, of course, quite interesting. ;-)

I am more than interested in learning more about you, I have to say you are one of the more interesting people I have met in a while, however, some of the people I have met here are indeed outstanding, and I am sure I will never forget some of these people as long as I live. Some I hope to, and some I am working on forgetting, but all the same, the good outweighs the bad.

Gotta agree with this. There are "interesting" people and there are interesting people. We both know both types.

I think Pilots might be good to tell if a flight characteristic, but we have some here, Hazz is a pilot Donteatus has flown too I understand, but these guys seem to feel just like anyone, something alien is new to us all.

*ahem* :-) Skyeagle is one too although he talks more about his experience with the hardware than flying. There were a few others but who they are slips my mind. I think MID (RIP) was one as well but I'm not 100% certain.

Leslie Kean did a lot of claiming in her book, but Jim Oberg has put up what I think is a pretty decent rebuttal that puts her book into perspective. I reckon Kean is just a sneak, an FTB masquerading as a skeptic.

Hmmm ... now would that be a healthy skepticism (as defined by Andromeda Starseed a while back) or an unhealthy one? :-)

lame answers...

maybe :alien:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this mystery object turned out to be a BAE Systems Taranis under test. These are pilot-less combat aircraft with a stealthy design, they are pointy at the front and are supposedly radar invisible.

What better way to test its stealth capability than rattle an airliner and have the UK equivalent to the FAA check all of the data from many, many radars and report they saw nothing.

Edited by Occams Razor

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this mystery object turned out to be a BAE Systems Taranis under test. These are pilot-less combat aircraft with a stealthy design, they are pointy at the front and are supposedly radar invisible.

What better way to test its stealth capability than rattle an airliner and have the UK equivalent to the FAA check all of the data from many, many radars and report they saw nothing.

Oh yeah that's brilliant !!!! and if something goes wrong, try to explain why the test just killed 200 or so people.
  • Like 2

Oh yeah that's brilliant !!!! and if something goes wrong, try to explain why the test just killed 200 or so people.

We would be talking about the MOD here, by definition they are risk takers.

It could also be a Taranis that malfunctioned, perhaps they got it back under control and managed to get it back to base. It does fit the description rather well, the pilot described the object as "pointy at the front" and suggested it may have been an ultra-light aircraft. This suggests a delta shape. The many radar stations would have seen an ultra-light on their radar but saw nothing. The Taranis is delta shaped, it also has a pointy front and is supposedly radar invisible. Taranis is where my money stays.

Edited by Occams Razor

Sweetpumper is not just a believer. He's a member! I know sarcasm is hard to detect on the net

Thanks for that. I didn't realise he was being sarcastic! :passifier:

Good Old Stanton Friedman eah ? THats another bag of worms. If its Got His name on it THen ITs for Sell ! :tu:

For your information Stanton Friedman is a BSc. and a MSc. in physics. He worked for numerous companies for 14 years as a nuclear physicist. He has been researching the UFO subject for 39 years. In that time he has lectured at more than 600 colleges and 100 professional groups in 50 US states, 10 Canadian provinces and 18 other countries in addition to various nuclear consulting efforts. He has published more than 90 UFO papers and has appeared on hundreds of radio and TV programs including Larry King in 2007 and twice in 2008, and many documentaries. He has interviewed many reliable witnesses to the Roswell incident and has studied countless government documents as well. He has yet to be talked down by anybody about the subject of flying saucers. You, on the other hand, haven't done anything that remotely compares to what Mr. Friedman has done and achieved - have you?? :P

• Like 1

I like Friedman myself. Im not sure as to what exactly he 'sells'. Ive yet to hear him distort claims or over exagerate upon his investigations.

• Like 1