Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Next 100 years and beyond

dreamland

We will not travel to the stars, and the furthest we will go is Mars, a manned mission. Technical problems will prevent the astronauts from returning, and space travel will fall flat on it's rear end.

What about multi generation ship?

I wouldn't buy quite as much into uploading concsciousness as some futurists want you to. There are still very large obstacles to be overcome. Keep in mind, a lot of the people you mention have books they want to sell you before you upload yourself, so they have a vested interest in what you're aware (and not aware) of.

http://io9.com/you-l...puter-474941498

--Jaylemurph

software is sufficient , hardware not required.

Our brains are being constantly 'instructed' through subliminal messages every single moment we come into contact with the media. Even when we're away from the media the messages is still active and deeply embedded in the subconscious. Takes a lot of self will to catch oneself whenever the programs kick in, how many have we seen some one walk by the shelves in the shopping markets and 'unconsciously' pick up products without realising it and ending up at the counter paying for things they have no need whatsoever for ?

Or the most effective one of all ... "buy more to save more"

And that's just on the surface .... this pool runs deep.

my dna will be mixed with that of a salamander and create a superior new race.

• Like 1

I wouldn't buy quite as much into uploading concsciousness as some futurists want you to. There are still very large obstacles to be overcome. Keep in mind, a lot of the people you mention have books they want to sell you before you upload yourself, so they have a vested interest in what you're aware (and not aware) of.

http://io9.com/you-l...puter-474941498

--Jaylemurph

Most of the objections raised here are philosphical or ethical ones, not scientific ones. The scientists invovled in this area from all around the world have very differnt opinions. The basic point is that there is no evidence that human self awareness/consciousness is anything more then an evolved organic property of our brain.

Given that, once we build computers that work like our brains (claimed to be achievable in less than 2 decades by scientists who have been working on this since the 1960s) then; first they will devlop thier own human type and level of consciousness, and second they will be suitable to store human consciousnesss in. But the real object is probably the direct transfer of conscious awareness and memory form one human host ot another. This will possibly be do-able before transfer to artificial brains as we are very close now. In that scenario, only ethical/philosphical issues remain, and they have never stopped humans from attempting anything.

In reality, for 100 years time there are only two realistic scenarios.

The first and depressing possibilty is a war, or wars, which throw(s) humanity back out of our present technological development and takes several centuries to recover from.

The second is a lot more positive and interesting if also a liitle scary to people from today.

Based on present developments in science, here are the things that WILL be real in 100 years time. First the abilty to produce energy in amounts and at prices unbelievable today.

Second the ability, with that energy, to have complete manipulation of matter and energy. This will allow two very important developments. The use of energy fields instead of solid constructs in general building of all types, and second the ability to use computer based templates to re (construct) anything, from food to solid objects, using only energy and raw materials.

Third, and something which will develop in conjunction with the first two, is the transmission of matter, including living matter/people, by "transmat beam"

So a first world person will live in a house without physical walls or furniture. They will simply "dial up" on demand, the shape of their walls, the configuration of internal walls, and the furnishings of a house constructed from energy fields. These can be made to appear solid, opaque, translucent or transparent /invisible, as desired.

So your bed will be a force field which can be turned off during the day, for example. There will be no solid windows and doors . These can be reconfigured and repositioned, as desired by the owner. In fact doors may not be used at all. People, goods and services, will be beamed into a house and leave the same way, without physically breaching the walls. Security will exist in the programming to allow legitimate entry and stop illegitimate entry. When you want a meal or a new pair of shoes you will dial up, and this will be transmitted to your home, or alternatively created "on site" from a machine in your home. The objects will be created "on demand" as they are ordered. Roads, railways, cars, planes etc., will only exist as fascinating antiques, or for thrill seeking antiquarians.

You will be able to live under the sea, or in space, in such a habitat

Next is the area of nano technology At present we can construct nano machines so small that 300 million of them can fit on one full stop in this typing, and each machine constructs others of its type. These will possibly be outdated in 100 years but in the meantime they will revolutionise medicine and all aspects of science.

Humans will be virtually immortal, either through advances in medical science or via artificial intelligences cloning etc The population will be less than it is now, perhaps considerably less, and while some gap will remain, almost all humans will be richer, healthier, longer lived, and more prosperous than any one of us is now, if you dont believe this look back a 100 years the richest person in the world could stil die from tetanus polio the flu or one of many diseases. The slightest infection could and would kill you,. heart disease was untreatable and when an organ wore out it meant death .

I am richer in material terms, and in what i can do with the money I earn, than anyone but the very richest men from 100 years ago, and i am just a humble school teacher on half pay. :innocent: For example if i wanted to, I could afford to travel around the world by air or sea in luxury; something only the very richest of people could do 100 years ago (and then not by air at all.)

Humans will control machines via thought alone and they will be able to speak mind to mind via neural transmiiters/receivers implanted in ther brains. (Mind you this is inprogress now so it might be very old hat in 100 years) For example australian scientists have just invented an implanted neural device which very accuratley predicts , using coloured lights on a small hand held device, when epileptics are in a danger zone for having a seizure, (Almost every seizure recorded occured in such a zone) and when there is almost no chance of them having one in the next few hours or more.

I could go on and on in many areas, but the truth is self evident. If we do not destroy ourselves, the next 100 years will be seen as a golden age for humanity. We WILL have habitats on the moon, mars, and the asterioid belt. There will be manufacturing stations at the lagrange points. Some of these will be self sustaining and self sufficient within a hundred years. And there will be much more exploration of space, including probably manned ships to most of the nearer planets at least. There may even be settlements on some of the more hospitable moons of the large planets.

It is not about resources but about the availabilty of energy and what humans can do with virtually unlimited energy supplies. Eg food and water simply are not a problem, given enough economical energy.

Edited by Mr Walker

in a 100 years humans will be virtually immortal having complete manipulation of matter and energy? holy sheepshit.

i can only hope these piece of **** tablets function better by then. for my sake and yours. this post editing sucks.in 100 years i believe reality tv will be common conscious synonymous with the decline of human insight. education will be even less feeble than it is now. our dna of those to come will be modified and while we may not turn into robots we will surely cater to them.

Edited by Sheep Smart

in a 100 years humans will be virtually immortal having complete manipulation of matter and energy? holy sheepshit.

i can only hope these piece of **** tablets function better by then. for my sake and yours. this post editing sucks.in 100 years i believe reality tv will be common conscious synonymous with the decline of human insight. education will be even less feeble than it is now. our dna of those to come will be modified and while we may not turn into robots we will surely cater to them.

Ah but you see, perhaps you take modern technolgies for granted and expect too much from them. I grew up before computers were in use, before television was available and long before mobile phones and the internet. To me a tablet is a wondrous apparition of the gods . I can buy the most modern and best available, for about two days pay and do magical things with it via wifi/ blu ray and my computer/smart television.

Seriously of course, any technology has initial flaws, but as we use them and as they are improved, we interface with them so seamlessly that we forget we once had to live without them. I cant wait for a pair of google glasses.

Are talking about a future of everyone or a future only for those that can 'afford' it ?

we might send a man or two to Mars by 100 years from now but i am almost positive well still be staring at the giza pyramid and puma punku while scratching our heads in awe unable to understand how they were constructed.

Edited by Sheep Smart
  • Like 1

we might send a man or two to Mars by 100 years from now but i am almost positive well still be staring at the giza pyramid and puma punku while scratching our heads in awe unable to understand how they were constructed.

But we know perfectly well how they were constructed. I explain the methods used, to children, all the time. You can watch any one of many documentaries that explain how their building was quite possible, using the technology and social structures of those times. Ps man on mars in 20 years. Probably chinese.

But we know perfectly well how they were constructed. I explain the methods used, to children, all the time. You can watch any one of many documentaries that explain how their building was quite possible, using the technology and social structures of those times. Ps man on mars in 20 years. Probably chinese.

Nope it won't ... news is the plans are for a Lunar Station first and foremost .... practical reasons.

You guys can join this though ....

AXE Company Wants to Launch 22 People Into Space

by SPACE.com Staff

Date: 09 January 2013 Time: 01:28 PM ET

The company today (Jan. 9) kicked off its new AXE Apollo Space Academy, an online contest that promises to send 22 winners to the edge of space and back aboard a private spaceship. The winning space travelers will launch aboard a suborbital Lynx space plane built by the U.S. company XCOR Aerospace and operated by the tourism firm Space Expedition Curacao, AXE officials said.

space trip link

flint ax and pullies thats right. 5 ton blocks carved out of granite from 500 miles away without the means of electricity and the wheel. it might have taken 20 men to lift up the 1200 ton blocks though. haha

i suppose ppl were stronger back then cause every simulated attempt at reproduing the build using the same methods proved a FAIL.

Edited by Sheep Smart
  • Like 1

Nope it won't ... news is the plans are for a Lunar Station first and foremost .... practical reasons.

You guys can join this though ....

space trip link

While the chinese may go to the moon before they go to mars they have the potential for ( and are planning on) a mars trip within 20 years. The americans lost the drive for space after the moon landings (and technology wasn't really up to requirements then) but the chinese will have both the drive and the technology .

Also the americans are prevented by treaty obligations from human presence on mars if it causes any contamination of the martian environment (even by human bactreria or microbal transfer.) I do not think the chinese will have this concern.

Ps while I would love to go "bodily forth" into space, my age and health make it highly unlikely. However it is not such a loss for me. Since i was a child I have Obe'd not just all through the solar system but; across galaxies, through nebulae, and the universe. I flew through the rings of saturn before anyone knew they were only a few metres thick, and into the black hole at the centre of the galaxy before anyone even suspected it was there (nineteen fifties and early sixties)

I have visited many of the moons of the major planets (and later had my images of them confirmed by imagery from probes) stopped off on rocky asteroids and travelled through the ancient stargates left behind by earlier galactic civilizations (again starting in the fifties, before the term star gate was ever thought of)

I called them portals and they look a lot more like the portals seen in the babylon five series than anything else. A sort of distortion of local space. You enter them and they spit you out instantly half a galaxy away. None of this tunnel stuff, or time lapse as seen on TV. It is instantaneous, like walking into a curtain of water and out the other side.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

flint ax and pullies thats right. 5 ton blocks carved out of granite from 500 miles away without the means of electricity and the wheel. it might have taken 20 men to lift up the 1200 ton blocks though. haha

i suppose ppl were stronger back then cause every simulated attempt at reproduing the build using the same methods proved a FAIL.

No that is not correct. Plenty of demonstrations have shown how such peoples built everything from stonehenge through the pyramids to the statues on easter island (All of which moved heavy blocks over large distances)

It doesnt matter how much an object weighs. Place it on a raft/ boat that displaces an equal weight of water, and you an float it. Put it on rollers and use a lever and you can roll it easily Ive rolled objects weighing up to several tons completely by myslef, using nothing but rollers and a lever. I've seen a small team of people move a whole (transportable)house using the same method

An organised community with a little technology can do a lot. They used earth ramps, water, and rollers/levers, and as archimedes said, "with a strong enough lever and a place to stand one can move the world"

Plus a lot of myths abound about the level of skills and precision used. Again it wasn't anything beyond the skills of a good craftsman. They observed carefully, measured twice and cut once. These people were clever, creative, and technologically capable; just like all humans, but they weren't superhuman and they had no need to be to build any of these things.

Edited by Mr Walker

double post but by the way some people argue that sleds were used rather than rollers to build the great pyramids of egypt, but in most parts of the world rollers were used. The argument that there were few trees in egypt misses the point that there were a lot more then, and hat anyway egyptians traded with other countries that did have trees and that along the nile there was access to trees easily transported on the nile.

Edited by Mr Walker

No that is not correct. Plenty of demonstrations have shown how such peoples built everything from stonehenge through the pyramids to the statues on easter island (All of which moved heavy blocks over large distances)

It doesnt matter how much an object weighs. Place it on a raft/ boat that displaces an equal weight of water, and you an float it. Put it on rollers and use a lever and you can roll it easily Ive rolled objects weighing up to several tons completely by myslef, using nothing but rollers and a lever. I've seen a small team of people move a whole (transportable)house using the same method

An organised community with a little technology can do a lot. They used earth ramps, water, and rollers/levers, and as archimedes said, "with a strong enough lever and a place to stand one can move the world"

Plus a lot of myths abound about the level of skills and precision used. Again it wasn't anything beyond the skills of a good craftsman. They observed carefully, measured twice and cut once. These people were clever, creative, and technologically capable; just like all humans, but they weren't superhuman and they had no need to be to build any of these things.

epic-picture-fail.jpg

Edited by Sheep Smart
  • Like 1

double post but by the way some people argue that sleds were used rather than rollers to build the great pyramids of egypt, but in most parts of the world rollers were used. The argument that there were few trees in egypt misses the point that there were a lot more then, and hat anyway egyptians traded with other countries that did have trees and that along the nile there was access to trees easily transported on the nile.

lets assume youre right. and you know what they say about those who assume. explain the interior shaft purpose since noone else seems to know. given there were no bodies ever found in it nor egyptian hieros on any of the walls. four_shafts.jpg

Edited by Sheep Smart

because its only fair i back up my reasoning;

Numerous people have demonstrated every conventional method (for both stonehenge and the Giza pyramid) and were unable to erect replicated blocks both of that size and weight let alone cut and quarry them, then haul them off from hundreds of miles away. In fact noone even attempted to try the last 3. If you have the demo proof of what you claim, people having successfully done this please post it. I need a good fall off my chair moment.

It doesnt matter how much an object weighs. Place it on a raft/ boat that displaces an equal weight of water, and you an float it. Put it on rollers and use a lever and you can roll it easily Ive rolled objects weighing up to several tons completely by myslef, using nothing but rollers and a lever. I've seen a small team of people move a whole (transportable)house using the same methodAn organised community with a little technology can do a lot. They used earth ramps, water, and rollers/levers, and as archimedes said, "with a strong enough lever and a place to stand one can move the world"

really? so in theory a 9,000,000,000 ton block can be hoisted up to 500 feet high using simple craftmans skills as you mention, a raft/boat a levy and/or rollers? was the house hoisted up 1/4th as high?

Plus a lot of myths abound about the level of skills and precision used.

as youve just demonstrated.

Again it wasn't anything beyond the skills of a good craftsman. They observed carefully, measured twice and cut once

how do you know how many times they measured? measured what? or cut? theres no blueprints. never any descriptions left detailing methods.

These people were clever, creative, and technologically capable; just like all humans, but they weren't superhuman and they had no need to be to build any of these things.

im not saying they were super human. im saying if you cant put out a fire dont light the match. the fact that people apply pseudo science in place of fully understand answers is sad.

Edited by Sheep Smart
  • Like 1

944903_10151451523998165_567557365_n.jpg

Concerning those sleds, read the theory of Italian researcher Elio Diomedi.

http://blog.world-mysteries.com/science/how-did-egyptians-build-the-great-pyarmid/

• Like 2

Concerning those sleds, read the theory of Italian researcher Elio Diomedi.

[media=]

[/media]

http://blog.world-my...-great-pyarmid/

"archaeologists can only put together theories on the mysterious techniques used to build the Giza pyramid". simple craftsmanship isnt one of them
  • Like 1

I'd rather the Japanese not cheat and use monolithic boulders instead ... lasts longer too

interestingly enough the Japanese tried to also duplicate the giza. it took 10 hours to drag one block several feet with several men. to no avail. :no:

• Like 1