Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

Abramelin

Edits

2 [033/11]

INLANDISKA ORLOCH

[O-S p.49]

civil [:inlandish] wars

5 [199/17]

ET FOLK FON THA FÉRE KRÉKA.LANDA

[O-S p.239]

het volk van de verre Krekalanden

the [folk of the] far Krekalanders

6 [202/15]

TWISK THA BVW.FALA THÉRE VRHOMELDE BURCH STÁVJA

[O-S p.243]

Tusschen de bouwvallen van de verwoeste [:verhommelde] burgt Stavia

Among the ruins [:'build-falls'] of the destroyed citadel [:burgh] of Stavia

What's that supposed to mean? Seriously, did I miss something?

Yes, but it wasn't about you, lol. Nevermind.

Govinda is finder of cows - vinda/finda/finder - but yes, you could say herder I guess.

Just as Christ is the shepherd, herder of sheep.

The Finda were cow people, finders, herders. OK.

Findas name is based in 'find' then. Finns is 'fine' accordingly.

Fryas name is probably free, they were the free people, Finda's folk were cow herders.

Since they bought in the ra kys from the East I never doubted they weren't cow herders but the connection between finder and herder is new.

I have also been thinking about these guys as candidates for the Finda, because of their name and location:

Vindland

http://is.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vindland

http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=is&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fis.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FVindland

Wends

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wends

Veneti

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venedes#Relation_between_Veneti_and_Slavs

Relation between Veneti, Balts and Slavs

The Veneti were geographically and temporally contiguous to the Germanic and Slavic peoples and were eventually assimilated by both groups, perhaps even more decisively by Slavs, who later settled in the territory which erstwhile belonged to the Veneti. The Germanic peoples subsequently transferred the ethnonym Veneti to their new easterly neighbours, the Slavs. This tradition survived in German language where Slavs living in closest proximity to Germany were originally called Wenden or Winden (see Wends), while the people of the Austrian federal lands Styria and Carinthia referred to their Slavic neighbours as Windische. It should be emphasised, though, that Slavic peoples never used the ethnonym Veneti for themselves but were called thus only by the neighbouring Germanic peoples. Such transfers of ethnonyms from one group to another are not unusual and have occurred frequently in history. Although Tacitus listed the Venethi as a tribe in Germania, in his Getica, Jordanes equated the Venethi with the Sclavenes and Antes. Slavists such as Pavel Josef Šafarík have criticized Tacitus for erroneously identifying the Venethi as Germanic, due to the similar appearance of Slavs and Germans.

Considering Ptolemy's Ouenedai and their location along the Baltic sea, a German linguist, Alexander M. Schenker, underlines that the vocabulary of the Slavic languages shows no evidence that the early Slavs were exposed to the sea. Proto-Slavic had no maritime terminology and even lacked a word for amber which was the most important item of export from the shores of the Baltic to the Mediterranean. In view of this, the very fact that Ptolemy refers to the Baltic as the Venedic Bay appears to rule out a possible identification of the Veneti of his times with the Slavs. Schenker's conclusion is supported by the fact that to the east of the Ouenedai, Ptolemy mentions two further tribes called Stauanoi and Souobenoi, both of which have been interpreted as possibly the oldest historical attestations of Slavs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venedes#Relation_between_Veneti_and_Slavs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandals

Prior to their arrival in the area of Wenden in the 12th century, the Vends are believed to have settled in Wynda county (Latvian: Ventava) by the Venta River near the present city of Ventspils in western Latvia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vends

Yes, but it wasn't about you, lol. Nevermind.

Oh good, OK.

Oh good, OK.

No i think he is having a go at me again ! C'est la vie

re the Asatru Edda , i see from this that they thought that the first humans were born from two trees that grew from seeds spouted from the Yggdrasil tree , and that

Odinn was was also called Yggd , which was why he was called the allfather , the god from whom sprouted/ created man and woman , one each from these two trees.

Krishna ......en.wikepedia.org/wiki/krishna

Dr.E.J.H.Mackay who was excavating the site of Mohenjo Daro , in the Lankana district of Sindh was the finder of a steatite tablet (soapstone ) dated to the pre-indus

or indus valley period............The tablet depicted a young boy "thought to be Krishna uprooting two trees , from which are appearing two human figures.

it is thought the two figures may be the two cursed Gandharvas , Nalakubara and Manigrava."............or is this connected to scans and asars 1st humans

i know Abe is not impressed at all , but they were in India for a very long time , if we are going to look at the languages being similar by the time they came back , ie :

looking at Findas being Go-vindas , Cow finders , then maybe we could consider Rig Veda , being the book of the Rik (Kings ) v= of Edda , and as Higgins thought in

his book Maha (great ) bharat (Britons )

Edited by NO-ID-EA

The Rigveda (Sanskrit: rgveda, a compound of rc "praise, verse" and veda "knowledge") is an ancient Indian sacred collection of Vedic Sanskrit hymns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigveda

There are several theories concerning the origins of the word edda. One theory holds that it is identical to a word that means "great-grandmother" appearing in the Eddic poem Rígsþula. Another theory holds that edda derives from Old Norse óðr, "poetry." A third, proposed in 1895 by Eiríkr Magnússon, but since discredited, is that it derives from the Icelandic place name Oddi, site of the church and school where students, including Snorri Sturluson, were educated. The derivation of the word "Edda" as the name of Snorri Sturluson’s treatise on poetry from the Latin "edo", "I compose (poetry)" by analogy with "kredda", "superstition" from Latin "credo", "creed" is now widely accepted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edda

From "The Incas, explorers of the Pacific" thread (thanks to The_Spartan):

A study led by researchers of the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, now finds evidence of substantial gene flow between Indian populations and Australia about 4,000 years ago.

Researcher Irina Pugach and colleagues now analysed genetic variation from across the genome from aboriginal Australians, New Guineans, island Southeast Asians, and Indians. Their findings suggest substantial gene flow from India to Australia 4,230 years ago. i.e. during the Holocene and well before European contact. “Interestingly,” says Pugach, “this date also coincides with many changes in the archaeological record of Australia, which include a sudden change in plant processing and stone tool technologies, with microliths appearing for the first time, and the first appearance of the dingo in the fossil record. Since we detect inflow of genes from India into Australia at around the same time, it is likely that these changes were related to this migration.”

http://www.mpg.de/68...India-Australia

"Out of the populations considered in the study, Dravidian-speaking groups are the best match to be the source populations for this migration, but this does not mean the ancestors of these groups actually were the source population. It is possible, that there is another group which we didn't sample yet. Another possibility is that this group doesn't even exist anymore," she added.

http://articles.timesofind

It would be interesting to know why they traveled from India to Australia. I think Alewyn would know....

It's comfortably close to the 2194 BCE date.

++

EDIT:

The second link in my quoted post appears to be dead.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-01-16/science/36373691_1_irina-pugach-substantial-gene-flow-stone-tool-technologies

Edited by Abramelin

The Rigveda (Sanskrit: rgveda, a compound of rc "praise, verse" and veda "knowledge") is an ancient Indian sacred collection of Vedic Sanskrit hymns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigveda

There are several theories concerning the origins of the word edda. One theory holds that it is identical to a word that means "great-grandmother" appearing in the Eddic poem Rígsþula. Another theory holds that edda derives from Old Norse óðr, "poetry." A third, proposed in 1895 by Eiríkr Magnússon, but since discredited, is that it derives from the Icelandic place name Oddi, site of the church and school where students, including Snorri Sturluson, were educated. The derivation of the word "Edda" as the name of Snorri Sturluson’s treatise on poetry from the Latin "edo", "I compose (poetry)" by analogy with "kredda", "superstition" from Latin "credo", "creed" is now widely accepted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edda

yes the Rig Veda is a praise/verse or a history of your people verse , put into rhyme so they say to help people remenber it by rote .

but when people write a poem they usually do not just call it "poem " or "praise verse " they give it a name like " Kings of Edda "

funny you should mention the Rigspula , because by the same theory i would make that history poem to be called " Rigs of Thule " or kings of Thule , the thorn being Th. ...........shown on the Carta Marina as Tile , and variously as Thula , Thila , Thylea ,

i note Magnusson thought the word morphed into Kredda and then probably our word Credo , your statement of religious belief, which christians later used as a word

for the poeticised nicene religious creed ........ you may also find a meaning somewhere buried here for your Kroda

There are lots of words that by speculation could come from the Asa northmen into the old Rig Veda , for instance their verses are called "Sasana's " etymology : from

old Irish Saxain , from Saxa (Saxon )........Vyasa was the revered Hindu who collated the rig veda , and the Mahabharata , and the bhagavatam Gita ,

Vyasa ... Of I Asa , ....Rig Veda ...Kings of Edda , Mahabharata ( Higgins ..Great Britons ) and maybe Dharma , their word for a way of living your life in peace....If Bhagavatam Gita was written in the OBL , how would Gestur be reading it..... Be gave to them Gita...Maybe ??

Dh = The Arma ..... shortening of Aeromother ,,,,,,,,so you live by the Aeromothers laws ........Speculation Yes.. but worth a few thoughts surely.!!

Edited by NO-ID-EA

"Dh = The Arma ..... shortening of Aeromother"

Come one, this is just child's play.

Instead of dissecting a word like one would dissect a butterfly, what are your ideas about my post #3832?

Sorry for taking the topic off track,. But there is this need to straighten some stuff said in here.

Krishna ......en.wikepedia.org/wiki/krishna

Dr.E.J.H.Mackay who was excavating the site of Mohenjo Daro , in the Lankana district of Sindh was the finder of a steatite tablet (soapstone ) dated to the pre-indus

or indus valley period............The tablet depicted a young boy "thought to be Krishna uprooting two trees , from which are appearing two human figures.

it is thought the two figures may be the two cursed Gandharvas , Nalakubara and Manigrava."............or is this connected to scans and asars 1st humans

1st. I doubt Mackay's interpretation of the soapstone tablet.

The said tablet, though the pic is not of large size is shown below

f50c41c3-42f0-43b3-be87-1d7f45c0c3be_zpsa95deee6.jpg

I dont know , or i cant see, where exactly in the tablet is the depiction of a "Boy" and the image of two human figures coming out of the "uprooted" trees??

What i can see in the tablet is

• A person in a Pashupati like headgear sitting on the left.
  • A cow or a bull in the center.
  • Two trees and another person standing in between them. The trees are shown with branches.
  • The size of the person standing in between the two trees is proportionate to the size of the trees.
  • The person standing in between the two trees is also shown wearing a Pashupati like headgear.
  • The person standing in between the two trees is not shown as holding the two trees nor are the trees shown as being uprooted.
  • Behind the figure seated on the left, is some sort of Table or platform

The tablet in nowhere does show any young boy uprooting two trees with his hands and nowhere is depicted any human figures coming out of the uprooted trees.

i know Abe is not impressed at all , but they were in India for a very long time , if we are going to look at the languages being similar by the time they came back , ie :

looking at Findas being Go-vindas , Cow finders , then maybe we could consider Rig Veda , being the book of the Rik (Kings ) v= of Edda , and as Higgins thought in

his book Maha (great ) bharat (Britons )

What languages are you talking about?

Just because "Findas" rhymes with the tail of a Hindi/Sanskrit word, are the two languages similar?

does that show that "they" (who are these "they"??) were in India?

Do not make statements about subjects you dont know anything about.

Or if you do know about , please share that knowledge, backed by evidence.

I am from India.

I know that rig veda is a compound word in sanskirt meaning "knowledge of praise for the gods" literally.

The "rig" doesn't stand for rik or kings. It stands for "praise or adulation or to some parts verse", Veda stands for originating out of vetti which means "to know", out of which the word "vidya" or knowledge arises.

Of course Maha means great.

But where in the whole hell or heaven or earth did he or you arrive at the conclusion that Bharath means Britons.

I am a Bharatiya, meaning person from India and of Indian origin and do i look like some birt????

The name Bharatha for India is from time immemorial, from the Vedas and Upanishads and Puranas.

See for yourself at this link

• Like 1

Sorry for taking the topic off track,. But there is this need to straighten some stuff said in here.

I dont know , or i cant see, where exactly in the tablet is the depiction of a "Boy" and the image of two human figures coming out of the "uprooted" trees??

• Two trees and another person standing in between them. The trees are shown with branches.
  • The size of the person standing in between the two trees is proportionate to the size of the trees.
  • The person standing in between the two trees is also shown wearing a Pashupati like headgear.
  • The person standing in between the two trees is not shown as holding the two trees nor are the trees shown as being uprooted.

The tablet in nowhere does show any young boy uprooting two trees with his hands and nowhere is depicted any human figures coming out of the uprooted trees.

Just because "Findas" rhymes with the tail of a Hindi/Sanskrit word, are the two languages similar?

I am from India.

I know that rig veda is a compound word in sanskirt meaning "knowledge of praise for the gods" literally.

The "rig" doesn't stand for rik or kings. It stands for "praise or adulation or to some parts verse", Veda stands for originating out of vetti which means "to know", out of which the word "vidya" or knowledge arises.

But where in the whole hell or heaven or earth did he or you arrive at the conclusion that Bharath means Britons.

I am a Bharatiya, meaning person from India and of Indian origin and do i look like some birt????

The name Bharatha for India is from time immemorial, from the Vedas and Upanishads and Puranas.

Now we are talking, I speak Diets:

Verse meaning fresh, a new line: vers (fresh line) in our language.

As you have an Indian background: Arca also meaning shining (illuminating), what do you think: is there a link with Rig?

And what about the cows: only animals to look for? Or more meta/symbolical?

Edit:

And for the Veda: da's weten: wedde, wetje? Laws need to be known to act on it.

Edited by Van Gorp

Now we are talking, I speak Diets:

Verse meaning fresh, a new line: vers (fresh line) in our language.

As you have an Indian background: Arca also meaning shining (illuminating), what do you think: is there a link with Rig?

And what about the cows: only animals to look for? Or more meta/symbolical?

Edit:

And for the Veda: da's weten: wedde, wetje? Laws need to be known to act on it.

The words in sanskrit meaning the same was Verse, would be ऋचा/Rc or ऋच्/Rca both meaning the same as in Rig of Rig Veda.

Other words that means the same as ऋचा/Rc or ऋच्/Rca are श्लोक/Shloka or पद्य/padya (which is literally meaning poem)

The sanskrit words for "Fresh" would be नवीन/navina, नूतन/Nutana, नव/nava all arising out of the same root in PIE "newo" meaning NEW!!

The sanskrit word for Shining would be शोभन/Shobana, भासुर/Bhasura, etc. The nearest sounding word to "Arca" for shining, in sanskrit, is अर्चत्/Archat.

Veda arises from the root "vid" which means "to know". The word "Vidya" is sanskrit for "Knowledge". Arising from the PIE Root weid- meaning "to see"

What does "weten: wedde, wetje" mean? same as veda/vidya/weid??

The words in sanskrit meaning the same was Verse, would be ऋचा/Rc or ऋच्/Rca both meaning the same as in Rig of Rig Veda.

Other words that means the same as ऋचा/Rc or ऋच्/Rca are श्लोक/Shloka or पद्य/padya (which is literally meaning poem)

The sanskrit words for "Fresh" would be नवीन/navina, नूतन/Nutana, नव/nava all arising out of the same root in PIE "newo" meaning NEW!!

The sanskrit word for Shining would be शोभन/Shobana, भासुर/Bhasura, etc. The nearest sounding word to "Arca" for shining, in sanskrit, is अर्चत्/Archat.

Veda arises from the root "vid" which means "to know". The word "Vidya" is sanskrit for "Knowledge". Arising from the PIE Root weid- meaning "to see"

What does "weten: wedde, wetje" mean? same as veda/vidya/weid??

Ok, thnx for all that clearification.

'Weten' is the Dutch verb for 'to know'.

'Wedde' or 'wetje' is the spoken language (at least in my neighbourhood in Belgium) to say: "Wanna bet on it?".

This to mention that by my feeling the Dutch word 'wet' ('law' in English), is related to the verb 'weten' (to know) and maybe Veda could also be linked to kind of natural or divine laws to know.

Laws as being the natural way.

Sidetrack would be the dutch word for 'to bet' ('wedden', as if you want to gamble) could be related to 'being in the knowing' by putting your monney on it.

I am from India.

Hi Spartan ..Thanks for taking the time to reply ........i note you doubt Mackays interpretation .. however i have just quoted it as it was stated in wiki ... no mention was made there of it being like the Asatru Edda story of Odinn and the two trees from which the two first humans emerge either , but Mackays description is so similar to the Edda story i thought it was worth mentioning .you could be right that the tablet shows a Pashupati Sharma , but their has also been some thoughts here that shamen could also figure in the lives of frisians .

re the language i am talking about and the "they ".........i am currently posting about words that are similar in hindi or Sanskrit transcriptions to frisian words ., i have already said in a prior post that in talking about some of the similar words i will probably be wrong , more times than i will be right .....but we are on a disscusion forum , therefore i have raised them for discussion... no where have i made a statement that any of these similarities are "facts" indeed my last comment on the post you replied to says it's speculation..........i cant give you "evidence " for something i just admitted was speculation , i still however maintain i have a right to offer subjects for discussion

and the "they " are a group of people from the North part of the world, who came to live in India from about 1500 BC to about 300 BC circ , so around 1200 years if OBL is correct , some have thought it possible that they either formed or intermarried with the upper classes in India and eventually became rulers , they may have started the caste system .if they were aser's or Magi they may have brought Shamanism , or they may have found it in India and taken it home. so the possibility....note : possibility is there that they may have either brought their language to North India , or it may have mixed and morphed with the native language.......who knows that is why it came up as a subject for discussion.

.....One of your countrymen Lokamanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak wrote a book saying that there are passages in the Rig Veda that actually say the origins of the ancient North Indians was in the Arctic Ring........

Godfrey Higgins in his book Celtic Druids was the man that said mahabharata meant great britons , but we are way too late to ask him how he arrived at that conclusion

After all that...... i thank you for your input , but in the interests of discussion i hope you understand why i continue to make mine

Edit : whats a Birt by the way , a slang word for a bhirat , or a bhrit. ?

Edited by NO-ID-EA

Researcher Irina Pugach and colleagues now analysed genetic variation from across the genome from aboriginal Australians, New Guineans, island Southeast Asians, and Indians. Their findings suggest substantial gene flow from India to Australia 4,230 years ago. i.e. during the Holocene and well before European contact. “Interestingly,” says Pugach, “this date also coincides with many changes in the archaeological record of Australia, which include a sudden change in plant processing and stone tool technologies, with microliths appearing for the first time, and the first appearance of the dingo in the fossil record. Since we detect inflow of genes from India into Australia at around the same time, it is likely that these changes were related to this migration.”

Well I think that is super interesting.

Edited by The Puzzler

Some of Lokamanya Tilak's thoughts on Arctic Origins .

It is commonly stated that the region of the North Pole has 6 months of continual daytime , and 6 months of continual nights , this is more true of the actual North pole than it is of the circum polar region , the truth may be nearer to say it has 194 days of continual light/sun , 76 days of continual darkness/night , 47 days of continual dawn , and 48 days of continual dusk.

during the light days the sun does not rise in the east and set in the west , but it continually revolves as a wheel around the sky , this fact and the 95 days of a twilight like dawn lights in the sky , and the perfect vision of the celestial skies for a further 76 days , cannot have failed to impress itself on anyone living in this region , having only one morning and one evening throughout the whole year .These characteristics are unique to the North Polar regions , and cannot be observed anywhere else in the world .

Varamsi is thought to mean expanse or space , and Vritra spins the world on a pole , and the world is like a chariot wheel , the heavens in the tropical and temperate zones , can be watched to see that as the sun rises in the east and descends in the west , but its continuing journey cannot be seen , until it again rises in the east , so the temporate areas cannot be the point of balance for the Gods pole .The pole can only support the wheel at the point of the North Pole .

Rig Veda .1.24.10. the constellation Ursa Major (Rikshah)is placed directly overhead (uchhah ) ......this is only possible at a circum polar region .......

The idea that the days and nights of the Gods are 6 months in duration are common throughout vedic texts , Siddhanta X11,67, says Mount Meru ( he think the terrestrial North Pole ), and at Meru the Gods behold the sun after but a single rising during half of its revolution beginning in Aries . ( ie: 6 months )

According to Puranas... Meru is the home/seat of ALL the Gods, the gods were the ancestors of humans and they lived at Meru where one night and day took one year.

Manu 1.67.. Says describing the division of time , that a human year , is but a night and a day to the Gods .

people have said that they could have found this out by the use of mathematics , but Lokamanyu says there are too many descriptions of the land of the Gods for them not to have been describing something they have personally witnessed.

In Mahabharata Arjuna visits Mount Meru ( North Pole ) (Vanaparvan 163,164 ) " where the sun and moon go round from left to right (Pradakshinam ) every day the mountain by its lustre becomes overcome by the darkness , but the darkness can hardly be distinguished from the day .and later Arjuna says " a day and a night together equal a year to the residents .

At the very least this should convince us that at the time the great epics were written , Indian writers had a comprehensive knowledge of the North pole both meteorologically and astronomically , and that they thought the Aryan Gods came from there .

In Taittiriya Brahmana .111,9,22,1. Kasyapa the 8th Aditya says 2that which is a year is but a single day for the Gods".and that once found he never again left the land of the Gods

Lokamana says he is forced to believe that in Ancient days the Indians had a home (colony ) in the North Polar region.

Vendidad of the Parsis . Fargard 11,para 40 , "they regard as a day , what is to us a year , the second part of Fargard is a conversation between Ahura Mazda , and Yima , AM warns Yima the first king of men , that a great winter approaches , which will destroy all living creatures , by covering the land in thick ice ,and that he should build an enclosure to preserve seeds , and animals and plants of all kinds ....... in the Fargard epic they are in the Airyana Viejo ( Paradise acc to the Persian/Iranians )Yima asks how will the land be lit , and AM says amongst other things , the moon and the sun will only rise and set once each year , and a year seems only a day ....Airyana Viejo was also considered the Ancestral home of the Iranians , he believes it is the same place as Mount Meru the Ancestral home of the Indians .

Devayana was the long day and Pitryana was the long night , corresponding with the Uttarayana and the Dakshinayama .

Devayana is the light road of Agni , whereas the Pitris or Pitrayana road , is the road of death , and according to Agni there were only two roads/paths , one was the road of continuous night , and the other the path of continuous day .....These paths could only be in the North Pole .

Dr.Warren . in his book also notes that in both the lliad and the odyssey , they refer to two kinds of days/nights , some that continue for a year , and usually are mentioned in connection with the Gods , and some that only last 24 hours , usually when the text refers to humans .

Norse mythology frequently mentions the Twilight of the Gods, in the rein s of Odinn and Aesir , which would only come to an end , and be revived again when from the dead son , arises a daughter more beautiful ........

.If the dead son/sun , presumably the long night , as it is followed by the beautiful daughter ( assume the long Dawn ) .....if this were pagan propaganda you would assume the christian son/sun was being seen as the dark path , and presumably the daughter/ dawn grows up into the light path (mother ) but i presume this is all way before christianity? also has to be coincidence that the dark long night is called Pitris ( as it reminds you of Petros , the rock of christianity too)

Edited by NO-ID-EA

So where is everyone ? No Abe to tell me i am wrong minutes after i have made a post ! ..has there been a worldwide holiday announced but someone forgot to tell me .

No one interested in commenting about why the Ancient vedic writings , zoroastrian writing , writing of Mani , all thought the Gods came from the North pole ,a hint in lliad and Odyssey that the greeks may have thought the same .

Who were those Goths , were they the Gods , and who were the Angles , were they the Angels

Edited by NO-ID-EA

Well I think that is super interesting.

And it get's better:

There is a pattern of SNPs in aboriginal Australians that is not found in people from New Guinea or the Philippines. But it is found in some Indians—particularly in Dravidian speakers from the southern part of the subcontinent. That discovery both meshes with the Y-chromosome data and enriches it, because the pattern of the SNP data meant that she and her colleagues could calculate when the Indian genes (and thus the Indians who carried them) arrived in Australia.

The answer is 141 generations ago. Allowing 30 years a generation, that yields a date of 2217BC. Obviously, this is not a precise date. But it is probably good to within a century or two. And that is interesting for two reasons. One is that the 23rd century BC is slap-bang in the middle of the period when Indian civilisation was emerging. The other is that it coincides with a shift in both the culture of Australia and the composition of the continent’s wildlife.

(...)

One technology it managed to develop was seaworthy ships, rather than mere boats, and Indus valley states used them to trade with their Middle Eastern neighbours. Such ships could have provided the means to get to Australia, either deliberately or by accident, for by then the sea had risen close to its modern level.

Archaeological evidence suggests that the Indus valley civilisation did not extend into the area where the telltale SNP patterns came from, so any connection is speculative. But many anthropologists believe Dravidians were once more widespread than they are today. (There is, for example, a group of Dravidians living south of Quetta, in Pakistan, on the edge of the territory occupied by the Indus valley civilisation.) In any case, Dr Pugach and her team could find no sign of the relevant SNP pattern in South-East Asia. That suggests the people who brought it may have travelled directly across the Indian Ocean, rather than coasting through what is now Indonesia. If so, they probably came by ship, rather than boat.

http://abitmoredetail.wordpress.com/tag/indus-valley-civilization/

And the reason these people went on the move may have had nothing to do with a natural disaster ( - comet impact in the Indian Ocean forming the Burckle Crater, the impact Alewyn thinks took place in 2194 BCE, but is supposed to have happened between 3000 and 2800 BCE, and may not even have been an impact at all - ) but with violence:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=240716&st=225#entry4757616

So where is everyone ? No Abe to tell me i am wrong minutes after i have made a post ! ..has there been a worldwide holiday announced but someone forgot to tell me .

No one interested in commenting about why the Ancient vedic writings , zoroastrian writing , writing of Mani , all thought the Gods came from the North pole ,a hint in lliad and Odyssey that the greeks may have thought the same .

Who were those Goths , were they the Gods , and who were the Angles , were they the Angels

Yo Idea, you haven't missed the 1st of May (Fest of the Labour Day)?

Next year there will be another :-)

I find it all very interesting, but allready a bit stuck with the concept 'Gods'.

I'm afraid i'll have to take that barrier first:-) meanwhile, glad to learn more, I'll stay tuned.

When I read the Rig Veda, I'm personnaly not very much tempted to look for locations/personifications (this is of course pure my interpretation i wanna see in it):

do you see Agni/Varuna and consorts as 'the Gods' who could have walked on earth somewhere?

And the reason these people went on the move may have had nothing to do with a natural disaster ( - comet impact in the Indian Ocean forming the Burckle Crater, the impact Alewyn thinks took place in 2194 BCE, but is supposed to have happened between 3000 and 2800 BCE, and may not even have been an impact at all - ) but with violence:

http://www.unexplain...25#entry4757616

Alewyn:

Incidently, and in response to Puzzler’s remarks about the Burckle impact:

Dr. Massey guessed the date at about 2800 BC. Dr. Dallas Abbott guessed 2500 BC.

In response to an e-mail question from me, Dr. Abbott replied that it is quite possible that the Burckle Impact could have happened in 2200 BC. They have not as yet dated the chevrons on Madagascar.

http://www.unexplain...40#entry3744914

Google "Burckle Crater" . You will see a link to a site that doubts these chevrons were the result of a tsunami. Can't find it right now.

But what I remember is that these chevrons are oriented the wrong way, that is, if they were supposed to have been created by a tsunami coming from the east, the Indian Ocean.

+++

EDIT:

This was not what I was looking for, but it will do:

"Chevrons" are not mega-tsunami deposits - A sedimentologic assessment

Joanne Bourgeois and Robert Weiss

ABSTRACT

Since the introduction of the term “chevron” for large v- or u-shaped bed forms in Egypt

and the Bahamas, others have adopted the term to describe large-scale coastal bed forms

in Australia, Madagascar, and elsewhere. These authors interpret “chevron” bed forms as

deposits of mega-tsunamis resulting from Holocene oceanic asteroid impacts. We reason that

chevron-type bed forms are common and are present far enough from the coast to preclude

tsunami genesis. Moreover, we argue that “chevrons” are not mega-tsunami deposits by modeling

tsunami behavior and evaluating sediment-transport conditions under which such features

formed. We model the southern Madagascar case, with an impact source in the Indian

Ocean, and show that a modeled wave approach is inconsistent with “chevron” orientation.

We then evaluate sediment-transport conditions under which these “chevron” bed forms

could persist, i.e., bed-load transport. In our analysis, no conditions specified generate pure

bed-load transport, and most result in pure suspended-load transport.

http://faculty.washington.edu/jbourgeo/BourgeoisWeiss2009final.pdf

Edited by Abramelin

I find it all very interesting, but allready a bit stuck with the concept 'Gods'.

I'm afraid i'll have to take that barrier first:-) meanwhile, glad to learn more, I'll stay tuned.

When I read the Rig Veda, I'm personnaly not very much tempted to look for locations/personifications (this is of course pure my interpretation i wanna see in it):

do you see Agni/Varuna and consorts as 'the Gods' who could have walked on earth somewhere?

I dont Know any more than you VG , i have just been an avid reader of books over the years, who is posting things that i find or remember , that i think may be relative to OBL ,.......

Could you please put all this veda stuff on another thread ? It has nothing to do with the OLB.

• Like 1

Could you please put all this veda stuff on another thread ? It has nothing to do with the OLB.

I agree.

I truely hate all this wordfk and socalled 'etymology'.

By that you can 'prove' Santa was Frya or Obama by dissecting words to the letters they are composed of.

Google "Edo Nyland". He is a Dutch guy who posts all over the internet to 'prove' the Basque language was the source of all languages.

What he does is dissect a word into bits, and then translate those bits into MODERN Basque words.

He is an idiot.

http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/bronze/nylink2.htm

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=edo%20nyland

Edited by Abramelin