Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5yr old kills Sister with Gift

The Id3al Experience

lmao. realy??

Federal Firearms License

A Federal Firearms License (FFL) is a license that enables an individual or a company to engage in a business pertaining to the manufacture of firearms and ammunition or the interstate and intrastate sale of firearms. Holding an FFL to engage in certain such activities has been a legal requirement within the United States of America since the enactment of the Gun Control Act of 1968.

http://www.atf.gov/f...ome-an-ffl.html

after that i se no point to argue with you, if you deny common knowlege and obviuos facts.

good bye, you will be in good company of likeminded ppl on my ignore list.

Well, that is surely not the license for a gun owner, if you want to digress: There also is a Federal license for liquor makers. But that is not what we are discussing here.

The majority of the time the people who resort to stabbing or shooting their significant others are involved in gangs. They have a completely different mindset where most of us would never even think of slapping someone across the face. I've started looking up the criminal histories of the people in the news who assault their partners and most of them have very long rap sheets. It makes me furious they aren't still in jail.

I blame the lawyers who defend them, they should be in jail too. The mindset of the lawyer who defends these people is generally based round money, not morals...says it all really.

I blame the lawyers who defend them, they should be in jail too. The mindset of the lawyer who defends these people is generally based round money, not morals...says it all really.

Actually it's our judges and the whole justice system. The lawyers these gangs members get are public defenders. Those guys don't get paid a lot of money.

• Like 2

Well, that is surely not the license for a gun owner, if you want to digress: There also is a Federal license for liquor makers. But that is not what we are discussing here.

Why would he digress? He responded to you saying "there's no such thing as a Federal Firearm License". He simply provided the evidence that there is. You're the one now making the jump that it's not an individual license.

And thanks to the NRA the federal government is prohibited from registering arms. And there is no such a thing as a federal firearm license. Don't know where you got that from. The only firearm licenses that exist are from the states. All the Federal government does is regulate who may buy a gun, which is all who have no screw loose in their brain or are not convicted felons. And that is all they register, that somebody asked if he could buy a gun and the answer they gave to that.

The Federal government is prohibited from registering arms because of the Second Amendment, the NRA just helps keep that amendment from being infringed.

• Like 1

Actually it's our judges and the whole justice system. The lawyers these gangs members get are public defenders. Those guys don't get paid a lot of money.

I hear the public defense lawyers do not earn mega money, but wonder how many of the drug dealers actually use them, would imagine many could afford a private solicitor.

Why would he digress? He responded to you saying "there's no such thing as a Federal Firearm License". He simply provided the evidence that there is. You're the one now making the jump that it's not an individual license.

If we are discussing individual firearms licenses over 20 posts one might conclude that it is that what we are talking about, but I know, lost the argument, did not know what we he is talking about so lets try an old trick from the 80s in discussion forums: just change the subject. That is digressing.

I hear the public defense lawyers do not earn mega money, but wonder how many of the drug dealers actually use them, would imagine many could afford a private solicitor.

You would think, but majority of drug dealers are small time. Obviously the major players have their own lawyers, but bank accounts get cleared or are frozen by the authorities in a lot of drug cases, because they assume the money was made from the drugs. I believe they have a separate judicial process to determine how much of one's money was made by illegal activities.

• Like 1

Not at all. These guys are small time scum.

Edit: You beat me to it, green dude.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

If we are discussing individual firearms licenses over 20 posts one might conclude that it is that what we are talking about, but I know, lost the argument, did not know what we he is talking about so lets try an old trick from the 80s in discussion forums: just change the subject. That is digressing.

Maybe we're reading two different things, but he was talking about gun dealers and their licensing when he first mentioned it. He was thinking that guns could be traced that way, but they can't, as all they do is give clearance to the person inquiring that they are allowed to purchase a firearm. The dealer retains records of the purchase, I believe for 20 years on new gun purchases. I would know, I bought a brand new handgun some years ago, and the dealer still has record of the sale and the weapon I bought.

Then you were the one who simply stated that license didn't exist, so he provided the evidence as such. He might not be totally correct about being able to trace the weapon, but that's not what I'm defending.

He didn't change the topic.

I do think that is what you are attempting to do now.

You seem to continually suggest that I don't care about the loss of a 2 year old. What makes you think that?

~snip

Just because I don't agree with some of your opinions doesn't mean I am suggesting you that don't care ....

From what I read from the news of this incident :

The boy's rifle was kept in a corner of the mobile home, and the family didn't realise a bullet had been left in it.

I can't help but think that maybe the rifle wasn't loaded in the first place, the kid loaded it himself .... as ...

White said the boy received the .22-caliber rifle as a gift, but it wasn't clear who gave him the gun, which is known as a Crickett.

"It's a little rifle for a kid. ... The little boy's used to shooting the little gun," White said

and

In a horrific accident that shocked a rural area far from the US debate over gun control, the boy, Kristian, killed his 2-year-old sister, Caroline, with a single shot to the chest

that's a crack shot, one bullet one life ... isn't that the mantra of a perfect shot ? An accidental perfect shot ?

and I'm more inclined to agree with the views of

Sharon Rengers, a longtime child advocate at Kosair Children's Hospital in Louisville, said making and marketing weapons specifically for children was "mind-boggling."

"It's like, oh, my God," she said, "we're having a big national debate whether we want to check somebody's background, but we're going to offer a 4-year-old a gun and expect something good from that?"

link

Thanks to Silver surfer for this link I know that :

Semi-automatic shotguns and rifles bought back as part of new gun control measures in Australia after a 1996 mass shooting in which 35 people were killed. The country also prohibited private sales of guns. From 1995 to 2006, homicides by firearm in Australia plunged 59 percent – and they haven’t had a mass shooting since.

The number of laws the NRA has pushed through in the past four years making guns easier to own, carry in public, and harder for the government to track. Eight states currently allow firearms in bars.

$17 million

What the NRA spent on campaigns during the 2012 election cycle.

Did the kid murder his kid sister ?

If he knew what he was doing .... yes ... but he's only five years old ... so did he know the consequences of his action ? No I don't believe so.

If he was fifteen years years old ... they'll be filing charges of murder and nothing less ... don't you agree ?

I'm not suggesting that you or the others don't care, I'm just saying I care.

Those who insists that we who are ignorant about guns knows nothing about this tragedy and is blaming guns ... no we are not .... I assure you.

I am blaming those who made this situation possible on such a increasing persistent and alarmingly consistent widespread occurrences.

Just within these past six months ... how many lives of children were cut short so tragically ?

I don't have the heart to google those numbers ...

Just because I don't agree with some of your opinions doesn't mean I am suggesting you that don't care ....

From what I read from the news of this incident :

I can't help but think that maybe the rifle wasn't loaded in the first place, the kid loaded it himself .... as ...

and

that's a crack shot, one bullet one life ... isn't that the mantra of a perfect shot ? An accidental perfect shot ?

and I'm more inclined to agree with the views of

link

Thanks to Silver surfer for this link I know that :

Did the kid murder his kid sister ?

If he knew what he was doing .... yes ... but he's only five years old ... so did he know the consequences of his action ? No I don't believe so.

If he was fifteen years years old ... they'll be filing charges of murder and nothing less ... don't you agree ?

I'm not suggesting that you or the others don't care, I'm just saying I care.

Those who insists that we who are ignorant about guns knows nothing about this tragedy and is blaming guns ... no we are not .... I assure you.

I am blaming those who made this situation possible on such a increasing persistent and alarmingly consistent widespread occurrences.

Just within these past six months ... how many lives of children were cut short so tragically ?

I don't have the heart to google those numbers ...

Good, I was perceiving that it was being suggested that I did not care for the loss of life.

The only thing I'm going to nitpick in your post is this part: "that's a crack shot, one bullet one life ... isn't that the mantra of a perfect shot ? An accidental perfect shot ?"

Let me clear that up. People are taught to aim for center mass because of the higher probability of the bullet hitting it's target. It's not a 'crack shot'. A perfect shot is any shot that hits it's intended target, so an accidental shot would be far from perfect. Usually, the term 'crack shot' is used for either 1)someone who doesn't miss, even at extreme distances or 2)a shot that not many people could make. Sharpshooters are 'crackshots', and when they land one of those inside the eye shots, that's a 'crack shot'. At least that's the common use of the terms I've been around, which would be Ohio and Arizona.

• Like 2

I admit I didn't read this earlier, but wow! I hate it when most any animal has to be put down though.

We've recently been seeing bobcats around here. :sk I hope they stay a safe distance from other people's homes so as not to cause a conflict.

The Onus is clearly on the Parents for this incident.

• Like 3

I am looking forward to May 16th. Getting a 9mm and a .45.

Then, hoping on a AR-15 or two shortly after.

Mine will all be in a locked safe, except for the 9mm, that will be by the bed. If we had kids here, it would be in the safe also.

These parents should be charged, pure stupidity. And saying " we did not know it was loaded ".....Who ******* cares!!!.........A gun should always be treated as if it is loaded, it should never be able to get into the hands of a child, unless a educated adult hands it to them.

P.S. Where are the CP's saying this never happened, and it is a Government made up story to help ban guns??

I am glad to see for the most part, people are not blaming guns, and see just how stupid the parents were in this.

• Like 2

Would you like to say a few words at this child's funeral ?

I just hope you mean "guns" by anything .22 or up. I think a BB gun is okay for kids under 14. But, yes .22s and anything more lethal, should be suprivised by an adult. Guns are NOT TOYS, either. I was brought up with a great respect for guns. But, I think BB guns should be okay for kids. I mean it was okay in past, to buy a 9 year old a BB gun. What's wrong with that? That's all I've been trying to say throughout my posts. I'm sorry if some people are taking my words out of context. Five year olds should not be allowed to "play" with .22s. That's stupid. And You can't fix stupid.

You certainly can't. So today we were putting in a long day roofing. There I was just pounding another shingle in and all the sudden something hit my hand that felt like a rock or bug hitting your hand sticking out the car window at 80mph. I yelled what the f was that and my one guy next to me said it was a bb. He seen it bounce off my hand, hit the roof and roll off. Oh man was I p***d. We couldn't see who did it. I called the cops. They were there real fast. They identified the best vantage point coming from an apartment sitting lower and sort of caddy corner with several windows facing us. In the end they couldn't go busting down doors and I get that but I had to do something. They told me I was lucky it's daytime because if it was night bb's weren't the only thing they'd be shooting at me. The place is a ghetto or "low income housing complex" for the PC and me and my guys were certainly the minority and that had me concerned after I called the cops in a place like that. I had to get back to it and finish the damn roof ASAP all the while being a sitting duck again out in the open so they could shoot the guy who called the cops on them again. Luckily, it hit the bony part of my hand and straight on. If that would've hit my sunglasses or my neck or Adam's apple... I was jacked.

There I am just trying to fix and make their shlthole place look nice and some idiot uses me for target practice and if that's not stupid enough they're using me for target practice while I'm on a freaking roof. Anyways, sorry for the selfish and off topic post. But it just happened and you're talking about BB guns so...

• Like 1

Would you like to say a few words at this child's funeral ?

If you are talking to me, yes.

More so, I would like to say a few words to this child's parents.

If you are talking to me, yes.

More so, I would like to say a few words to this child's parents.

Yes ... that would be appropriate .... but respect the child's innocence in this matter ... they had no intention of getting their parents in trouble.

Yes ... that would be appropriate .... but respect the child's innocence in this matter ... they had no intention of getting their parents in trouble.

First, do not tell me what to do....

Second, where did i not respect anyone?.....Especially the child?

First, do not tell me what to do....

Second, where did i not respect anyone?.....Especially the child?

I apologise if it sounded like I was 'telling' you ... merely suggesting ... perhaps I should have said the 'deceased' ?

I apologise if it sounded like I was 'telling' you ... merely suggesting ... perhaps I should have said the 'deceased' ?

LOL...Yes, I am married, and having one person trying to tell me what to do at home, and others telling me at work, the last I need is someone on a forum.

Again though, where did I dis-respect her?........Quote it please.

~snip

Again though, where did I dis-respect her?........Quote it please.

Well I guess you didn't then ... my mistake .... I'm tired of the matter and I have not the heart to pursue the matter.

I need to rest ...

o'er and out

Well I guess you didn't then ... my mistake .... I'm tired of the matter and I have not the heart to pursue the matter.

I need to rest ...

o'er and out

No I did not, and I new I did not......Thank You.