Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bill Maher: It's Rediculous

Uncle Sam

From the OP:

I simply find it AMAZING that 1/5th of US Democrats think Armed Revolution might be necessary. That is 1/5th of the people that voted for Obama!!!

They have such faith in their Leader that they believe the near future is heading into ruination.

What you have to understand is that most people support the same things. But everything gets spinned so much, lie and flip flop that alot of people end up not even knowing what it is they are voteing for.

• Like 1

Would a police officer fire on a rebel army? Would a drone operator kill the citizens he swore to protect? Maybe, but maybe we would also get a few drones and tanks defect to our side.

sure they would fire and kill, in a heartbeat. i have 0 doubt about it.

you'll need drones and tanks on your side before you fight, you'll need army on your side.

as most resent revolutions showed when army takes ppl's side, gvmnt falls within days.

44 plus 18 = like 62 percent of the country. :whistle:

On the other hand:

56 plus 82 = like 138 percent of the country :innocent:

I like fuzzy math

Edited by Bama13
  • Like 1

One demented, liberal cop paralyzed SoCal for days.

Yes, but that's Southern California, if it's anything like how it's presented here in Oz it's full of merchant bankers and hippies.

You're probably right about that--coward might not be the best word to describe Jon.

Well, if he was a Weiner he'd still be electable, not sure about a coward....

Edited by DieChecker

lol i guess Libya didn't happen :passifier:

Quite right.

Look at the French Revolution and the Russian Revolution. Also, the English Civil War, is another good example. Ordinary people, without much weapons or firepower, rose up against their governments. And suceeded.

Yes ordinary people can rise up and overthrow their governments, though as seen in the examples cited they don't need the right to bear arms to do it. So in a historical context the Second Amendment is not needed in order to protect against an abusive government. Perhaps that was the point that was trying to be made.

Yes ordinary people can rise up and overthrow their governments, though as seen in the examples cited they don't need the right to bear arms to do it.

they never had that right. they were pesants, neither they had arms.

also if you look at those examples again, you'll see it is army on the side of the ppl that made revolution happen, or in case of libia, nato's guns.

and our right to bear arms, we have it, and we will do everything to keep it.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

There are very few things that come out of Bill Mahr's mouth that I agree with. There has been a few things...like not all religions are the same...some are violent killers and some are not (in the 21st century that is)...I also agree that taxation is out of control...he said the "Liberals might lose him" over it.

Lawrence O'Donnell is just a ...erm...I'd get banned for saying what I actually think about him.

Jon Stewart is a Comedian...he pokes fun at what he disagrees with and sometimes it is funny. If you cannot look at yourself and laugh once in awhile...you are taking yourself way too serious. Same for Colbert...his satire is strikingly funny and I enjoy it even when it is a jab at some of my viewpoints.

I understand the liberal viewpoint on gun control...they have this wonderful vision that if there were no guns, there would be no gun violence...and in a sense, that would be true. However...there would be sword, knife, hammer and axe violence...guns are just tools...yes they are tools of killing...but they are tools of protection and hunting for food. The tool is not the evil problem...the wielder is the problem...regardless what tool you put in their hands.

The point is redundant but is still the truth...outlaw guns and only outlaws will have them. I never saw a gun jump out of a cabinet, walk across town and kill anyone...it's the person...not the gun. Humans are animals...we have animal tendencies no matter how hard we try not to...it is just a fact. Humans are going to kill humans until the day there is only one human left and there is no one left to kill...

• Like 3

Yes ordinary people can rise up and overthrow their governments, though as seen in the examples cited they don't need the right to bear arms to do it. So in a historical context the Second Amendment is not needed in order to protect against an abusive government. Perhaps that was the point that was trying to be made.

It does however make the revolution easier, with Less of the Rebeling Civilians killed. And it makes the necessary Revolution quicker for the Rebels. Perhaps when the time comes, the body count should be higher then necessary??

You might be right.... if Americans rebeled and say a quarter million of us got wiped out by a tyranical government, even the FedGov appologists would have to side with the rebellion....

• Like 1

The goverment doesn't fear our guns as Wearer of Hats points out. What they fear is our opinion. as long as they can control that through the media, TV, Movies, and state controlled education they have nothing to fear. get out of the bubble do some honest research into the histroy of this nation and the principles it was founded on. then the goverment will fear you.

• Like 2

There are very few things that come out of Bill Mahr's mouth that I agree with. There has been a few things...like not all religions are the same...some are violent killers and some are not (in the 21st century that is)...I also agree that taxation is out of control...he said the "Liberals might lose him" over it.

Lawrence O'Donnell is just a ...erm...I'd get banned for saying what I actually think about him.

Jon Stewart is a Comedian...he pokes fun at what he disagrees with and sometimes it is funny. If you cannot look at yourself and laugh once in awhile...you are taking yourself way too serious. Same for Colbert...his satire is strikingly funny and I enjoy it even when it is a jab at some of my viewpoints.

I understand the liberal viewpoint on gun control...they have this wonderful vision that if there were no guns, there would be no gun violence...and in a sense, that would be true. However...there would be sword, knife, hammer and axe violence...guns are just tools...yes they are tools of killing...but they are tools of protection and hunting for food. The tool is not the evil problem...the wielder is the problem...regardless what tool you put in their hands.

The point is redundant but is still the truth...outlaw guns and only outlaws will have them. I never saw a gun jump out of a cabinet, walk across town and kill anyone...it's the person...not the gun. Humans are animals...we have animal tendencies no matter how hard we try not to...it is just a fact. Humans are going to kill humans until the day there is only one human left and there is no one left to kill...

:clap: :clap:

I don't understand why people don't SEE this. People are going to kill each other, whether you can guns or not. If you ban guns, what happens when some crazy nut job BOMBS a school? Or pulls another Oklahoma City?

Are you going to ban fertilizer? Are you going to ban pressure cookers?

Well, if he was a Weiner he'd still be electable, not sure about a coward....

Maybe Noel Coward, if he were American instead of British.

• Like 1