Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

40% don't know Obamacare is law.

Merc14

The Kaiser institute released a study showing that 42% of Americans don't know Obamacare is law. Some thought the SCOTUS had repealed it, others that congress had done so and still many who never knew it became law. Could this be how Obama got reelected, because of a stupid, uninformed electorate?

http://abcnews.go.co...naware-its-law/

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 4

This is the less on the validity of the bill, and more on the plain ignorance of the American public.

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if 40% of the people didn't know who the vice president is.

• Like 5

Wouldn't be surprised if 40% of the people didn't know who the vice president is.

An idiot?

• Like 6

Well then,he shouldn't be surprised when 40% of the population tell him to take this new law and.....

Health should not be law ,but choice . Feh

• Like 2

Is it that 40% don't know, or is it actually 40% don't give a flying...duck?

• Like 2

Is it that 40% don't know, or is it actually 40% don't give a flying...duck?

Definantly both. The ones who don't give a "duck" are the worst. The enablers of the government. The silent, medicated flock

• Like 3

Well then,he shouldn't be surprised when 40% of the population tell him to take this new law and.....

Health should not be law ,but choice . Feh

Obamacare has nothing to do with health and everything to do with power.

• Like 3

sad that this dosent even suprise me a littel bit.

• Like 1

I posted this in another thread and I wanted to re-post it in another. I guess this thread I will. Last week, a close friend who is a nurse was complaining about how her deductible had gone through the roof. I found out that we have the same insurance. Knowing that, I told her that our insurance had already instituted Obamacare. She got very mad at me for saying so because she is an ardent Obama supporter. She tersely told me that I was wrong and that it was the insurance companies doing this. I backed off and decided to let her figure it out. This just shows how nothing that he does or is responsible for will even have his fingerprints on it. He has never governed, only campaigned against the fiber and foundation of this country.

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Like 3

A few years back when Obamacare first started, my boss was kicking around the idea of raising labor costs with his customers a few dollars an hour for Obamacare because some of our competitors did. He decided not to because he was worried that Obamacare might really raise costs and he didn't want to use the same excuse for a cost hike twice. (That and the extra few dollars would help him out on competitive jobs versus the gain in profit we would have over our maintenance projects.) I guess the moral of the story is that if given an excuse to charge the customer more, a company will do so. Especially if the customer has no choice.

• Like 2

The Kaiser institute released a study showing that 42% of Americans don't know Obamacare is law. Some thought the SCOTUS had repealed it, others that congress had done so and still many who never knew it became law. Could this be how Obama got reelected, because of a stupid, uninformed electorate?

http://abcnews.go.co...naware-its-law/

YES, it's also how Bush jr. was elected twice.

YES, it's also how Bush jr. was elected twice.

Bush got reelected because people didn't think Obamacare was law?

The Kaiser institute released a study showing that 42% of Americans don't know Obamacare is law. Some thought the SCOTUS had repealed it, others that congress had done so and still many who never knew it became law.

You can thank your buddies at Fox news for this. The most uninformed viewers of ANY network.

You can thank your buddies at Fox news for this. The most uninformed viewers of ANY network.

HS stupid response. Wow! What union did you service?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Uh? Fox didn't know Obamacare was law? I watch Fox very rarely so I can't say they do or don't but I would think that of all the MSM, they would know for sure. Or at least present that to its viewers on a regular basis. Thanks for your logical enlightenment. coughcoughbulls-hitcough

• Like 4

And that's why Republicans keep losing - they want to debate issues and show how Obama's policies will be disastrous, but unfortunately almost half the electorate doesn't even know such issues and policies exist.

But I bet they can all tell you Kim Kardashian's due date and when the next I Phone is being released.

• Like 2

HS stupid response.

Study Confirms That Fox News Makes You Stupid

A new survey of American voters shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources.

December 15, 2010 |

Yet another study has been released proving that watching Fox News is detrimental to your intelligence. World Public Opinion, a project managed by the Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland, conducted a survey of American voters that shows that Fox News viewers are significantly more misinformed than consumers of news from other sources. What’s more, the study shows that greater exposure to Fox News increases misinformation

http://www.bullionbullscanada.com/bulletin-boards/11-off-topic/3981-study-confirms-that-fox-news-makes-you-stupid

Uh? Fox didn't know Obamacare was law? I watch Fox very rarely so I can't say they do or don't but I would think that of all the MSM, they would know for sure. Or at least present that to its viewers on a regular basis. Thanks for your logical enlightenment. coughcoughbulls-hitcough

Health Care

In 2009, an NBC survey found “rampant misinformation” about the healthcare reform bill before Congress — derided on the right as “Obamacare.”It also found that Fox News viewers were much more likely to believe this misinformation than average members of the general public. “72 percent of self-identified Fox News viewers believe the healthcare plan will give coverage to illegal immigrants, 79 percent of them say it will lead to a government takeover, 69 percent think that it will use taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions, and 75 percent believe that it will allow the government to make decisions about when to stop providing care for the elderly,” the survey found.

By contrast, among CNN and MSNBC viewers, only 41 percent believed the illegal immigrant falsehood, 39 percent believed in the threat of a “government takeover” of healthcare (40 percentage points less), 40 percent believed the falsehood about abortion, and 30 percent believed the falsehood about “death panels” (a 45 percent difference!).

In early 2011, the Kaiser Family Foundation released another survey on public misperceptions about healthcare reform. The poll asked 10 questions about the newly passed healthcare law and compared the “high scorers”—those that answered 7 or more correct—based on their media habits. The result was that “higher shares of those who report CNN (35 percent) or MSNBC (39 percent) as their primary news source [got] 7 or more right, compared to those that report mainly watching Fox News (25 percent).”

http://www.salon.com/2012/04/10/foxs_misinformation_effect/

And that's why Republicans keep losing - they want to debate issues and show how Obama's policies will be disastrous,

no they really don't. They want to whine about cultural issues like abortion/gay marriage and perks for the rich.

no they really don't. They want to whine about cultural issues like abortion/gay marriage and perks for the rich.

What union were you a member of? Why are you afraid to answer this question?

Health Care

In 2009, an NBC survey found “rampant misinformation” about the healthcare reform bill before Congress — derided on the right as “Obamacare.”It also found that Fox News viewers were much more likely to believe this misinformation than average members of the general public. “72 percent of self-identified Fox News viewers believe the healthcare plan will give coverage to illegal immigrants, 79 percent of them say it will lead to a government takeover, 69 percent think that it will use taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions, and 75 percent believe that it will allow the government to make decisions about when to stop providing care for the elderly,” the survey found.

I thought the question of the OP was “40% don’t know Obamacare is law” and of which I’m sure Fox news keeps its viewers informed. And you’re still trying to push the party line. All of these other things are there, you just have to study the bill. It’s all in the unintentional consequences of all the regulations that have been written. This is one reason Obama is pushing amnesty, so this caveat doesn’t get activated. And rationing is already happening, hence the high deductibles. But like my friend, I’ll let you figure it out all on your own in the next few years.

• Like 3