Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

AZ State Militia To Be Formed

Sweetpumper

At a time when militias may be needed more than ever, Governor Jan Brewer of Arizona has signed a bill creating a state militia that she could deploy at any time, and for any reason.

The bill, SB1495, creates a volunteer state militia, separate and apart from the National Guard Arizona Capitol Times reports.

http://www.libertyfederation.com/blog/az-governor-signs-bill-authorizing-state-militia-be-formed

• Like 1

Scandalous

So anyone can join? like the original militias in the war of independence? that would be cool

Scandalous

How? People are volunteering, it isn't a bunch of cops or state officials. It's volunteers. Every state should have this.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2
  • Like 3

sounds like she wants to create her private army. but hey if it is what it takes to properly guard border, than why not, however i don't think it is real reason, she needs someone to stand up against feds, when they come to enforce federal laws. A new Arizona bill is trying to make it a crime to enforce federal gun laws.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4

How? People are volunteering, it isn't a bunch of cops or state officials. It's volunteers. Every state should have this.

I know, I just wanted to be the first poster :tu:

• Like 2

sounds like he wants to create his private army. but hey if it is what it takes to properly guard border, than why not, however i don't think it is real reason, he needs someone to stand up against feds, when they come to enforce federal laws. A new Arizona bill is trying to make it a crime to enforce federal gun laws.

he?????? lol Jan is a woman!!!!!!

lol, my bad, she.

At least it's all volunteers, not a bunch of state elected people. If that was the case it would raise a red flag for me.

At least it's all volunteers, not a bunch of state elected people. If that was the case it would raise a red flag for me.

it does raise flags.

it doesn't matter if "cannon meat" are volunteeres, their COs are state elected officials. or even appointed, not elected.

why would she need another paramiliary force, when she has, national guard, state police, at her disposal. if one doesn't listen to her reasons, media, and just looks at the situation, it is prety clear, she goes against feds, and needs a force that reports to her only, in case feds come knocking on her door for ordering not to obey federal laws. first they wanted to legalise gold\silver currency, than backed off, than bill not to enforce federal laws.. and pbly other things we don't know about, she is geting ready to oppose feds. imo

i don't believe for a second she will be useing them to guard border, national border is federal jurisdiction, unless she wants to fight feds, kick out dhs, and take over border, but i don't see it happen.

• Like 1

it does raise flags.

it doesn't matter if "cannon meat" are volunteeres, their COs are state elected officials. or even appointed, not elected.

why would she need another paramiliary force, when she has, national guard, state police, at her disposal. if one doesn't listen to her reasons, media, and just looks at the situation, it is prety clear, she goes against feds, and needs a force that reports to her only, in case feds come knocking on her door for ordering not to obey federal laws. first they wanted to legalise gold\silver currency, than backed off, than bill not to enforce federal laws.. and pbly other things we don't know about, she is geting ready to oppose feds. imo

i don't believe for a second she will be useing them to guard border, national border is federal jurisdiction, unless she wants to fight feds, kick out dhs, and take over border, but i don't see it happen.

Then I say "good". We're supposed to be a collection of sovereign states.

• Like 1

Then I say "good". We're supposed to be a collection of sovereign states.

i agree however the degree of soverreingity is what in question.

Edited by aztek

hmmm... another gang in need of an excuse to go with a case of beer into the wild on Saturday morning?

• Like 2

hmmm... another gang in need of an excuse to go with a case of beer into the wild on Saturday morning?

What does that even mean? Being overly cryptic and not funny isn't an effective way of communicating.

What does that even mean?

Stereotyping. Y'know, what the champion left strive to eliminate.

AZ is becoming the political backwater of America.

Sadly because a few there are rather sophisticated and do not agree with the desert hillbillies who want to turn that state into a laughing stock.

AZ is becoming the political backwater of America.

Sadly because a few there are rather sophisticated and do not agree with the desert hillbillies who want to turn that state into a laughing stock.

Would you care to elaborate on that opinion?

the desert hillbillies who want to turn that state into a laughing stock.

See what I'm sayin'?

• Like 6

See what I'm sayin'?

Yes, yes I do.

But, call any other group a derogatory name and watch the fir fly and how quickly it gets deleted. The hypocrisy is unbelievable if I didn't see it with my own eyes.

• Like 3

What's the bet if a bunch of civilians decided to do exactly the same thing there'd be hew and cry across the state?

• Like 3

So AZ will be the newest state with a State Militia, Guard, Defence Force, seperate from the National Gaurd and Military Reserves.

Since there are already a number of US States which have them I dont see this as a problem. Unless they start you know waging war on a neighboring state.

• Like 3

So AZ will be the newest state with a State Militia, Guard, Defence Force, seperate from the National Gaurd and Military Reserves.

Since there are already a number of US States which have them I dont see this as a problem. Unless they start you know waging war on a neighboring state.

Even the progressive state of California has one. People really should be better informed before they make assumptions.

Edited by Michelle

Even the progressive state of California has one. People really should be better informed before they make assumptions.

According to Wiki there are 22+PR that have State Defence Forces and nearly every US state has the laws on the books authorizing the creation of one.

I think it's a good thing, something that doesn't require the US Federal Governments approval to deploy incase of emergency.

• Like 2