Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

House of Horrors Abortion Clinic

OverSword

This case has nothing to do with safe, legal and medically sound abortion. There have been cases of people who are unlicensed working as fake plastic surgeons, who injected people with odd substances and caused their deaths. That those cases exist doesn't negate that real plastic surgery in the hands of professionals with integrity shouldn't be allowed, that would be insane. Just because this one man committed terrible acts outside the confines of legal medical practice doesn't damn every abortion as a terrible act (even if you do not agree with abortion). The reason morning media outlets are shying away from this is because one, morning shows in particular try to be positive and cheery. They also rely on ratings and hearing the gruesome details of this man's acts aren't something people want to hear over breakfast. That being said other media outlets are covering it, as I've read and heard extensive coverage on other news outlets including CNN and the networks on their nightly editions.

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 2

The reason morning media outlets are shying away from this is because one, morning shows in particular try to be positive and cheery. They also rely on ratings and hearing the gruesome details of this man's acts aren't something people want to hear over breakfast.

They reported the Arias case. Also, the *nightly* network news programs ignored this case.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Verdict reached!

Waiting to see what the verdict is....

PHILADELPHIA — Abortion provider Kermit Gosnell was convicted Monday of three counts of first-degree murder for severing the spinal cords of infants born during abortions at his West Philadelphia clinic.

Gosnell also was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the 2009 death of 41-year-old Virginia woman Karnamaya Mongar, who died from an overdose of drugs while undergoing an abortion at the clinic. Prosecutors described the clinic as a “house of horrors” because of the unsanitary conditions and unsafe practices that defined it.

The trial now moves into a sentencing phase to decide whether Gosnell should receive the death penalty or face life in prison on the capital murder counts.

Gosnell reacted calmly to the verdicts, but jurors and lawyers displayed more emotion. One prosecutor was sobbing.

Taken from

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/jury-in-kermit-gosnell-trial-hung-on-two-charges/2013/05/13/b4444bdc-bbda-11e2-97d4-a479289a31f9_story.html

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 2

Abort the abortionist!

• Like 1

Abort the abortionist!

Is that Sherman???

Edited by Merc14

Is that Sherman???

'Tis he. :)

• Like 1

'Tis he. :)

i've been living in VA now for a few decades and it provides a unique opportunity to view the places the war was fought. When I drive to DC and head north out of Richmond all I can see is the battle of the wilderness (Ardennes 50 years earlier?). I used to drive home to Buffalo (I was in the Navy) and take a few days extra leave to stop in places where battles were fought that were especially brutal but not well known, like Chambersburg, PA and spend a day or two looking around. The locals loved it and always made it a better experience. Phil Sheridan was one helluva general and IMHO was probably the best of that war and possibly in US history. Brutal, smart, took care of his men and won. He is the guy I'd want to follow into battle.

Sorry folks, I am not thread robbing but who has Sheridan as an avatar? Had to say something. :tsu: Plus he is abrit and they were a huge influence in the war albeit indirectly..

Edited by Merc14

i've been living in VA now for a few decades and it provides a unique opportunity to view the places the war was fought. When I drive to DC and head north out of Richmond all I can see is the battle of the wilderness (Ardennes 50 years earlier?). I used to drive home to Buffalo (I was in the Navy) and take a few days extra leave to stop in places where battles were fought that were especially brutal but not well known, like Chambersburg, PA and spend a day or two looking around. The locals loved it and always made it a better experience. Phil Sheridan was one helluva general and IMHO was probably the best of that war and possibly in US history. Brutal, smart, took care of his men and won. He is the guy I'd want to follow into battle.

Sorry folks, I am not thread robbing but who has Sheridan as an avatar? Had to say something. :tsu: Plus he is abrit and they were a huge influence in the war albeit indirectly..

Forgive me too guys and gals for going off topic but it'd be rude not to reply. It's my dream to go on a pilgrimage to see the battlefields, Manassas, the Wilderness, Shiloh (the name alone makes me shudder). I could quite happily spend the rest of my life doing that.

Sheridan, what a guy! What he lacked in height he made up in military genius. Missionary Ridge, ending J.E.B. Stuart, Appomattox, it's hard to believe one man could deliver so many decisive victories and yet he did. I'd follow him anywhere, to battle, to the shops, anywhere. :)

• Like 1

Then again, the abortion doctor is guilty and off to prison. So this thread is more or less done, might as well go off topic now.

Edited by Walter White
  • Like 1

Forgive me too guys and gals for going off topic but it'd be rude not to reply. It's my dream to go on a pilgrimage to see the battlefields, Manassas, the Wilderness, Shiloh (the name alone makes me shudder). I could quite happily spend the rest of my life doing that.

Sheridan, what a guy! What he lacked in height he made up in military genius. Missionary Ridge, ending J.E.B. Stuart, Appomattox, it's hard to believe one man could deliver so many decisive victories and yet he did. I'd follow him anywhere, to battle, to the shops, anywhere. :)

Let me know if you make it and maybe we can have an beer together. VA Beach was a swamp back then but history is all around. 30 minutes away they have the most beautiful museum dedicated to maritime happenings and at the center is the remains of the Monitor. http://www.marinersmuseum.org/

PM me if you make it over and I'd be glad to visit with you as it really is a first class operation.

BTW, my avatar is Nucky Tompson, I don't know why but maybe Grant would be better.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Who are the military geniuses in the military today? Maybe we should cheer them on too?

So Merc14, you're a yankee conservative who's not afraid to steal or kill to get what you want, is that it?

Who are the military geniuses in the military today? Maybe we should cheer them on too?

So Merc14, you're a yankee conservative who's not afraid to steal or kill to get what you want, is that it?

Who p***ed in your cornflakes? :hmm:

Let me know if you make it and maybe we can have an beer together. VA Beach was a swamp back then but history is all around. 30 minutes away they have the most beautiful museum dedicated to maritime happenings and at the center is the remains of the Monitor. http://www.marinersmuseum.org/

PM me if you make it over and I'd be glad to visit with you as it really is a first class operation.

BTW, my avatar is Nucky Tompson, I don't know why but maybe Grant would be better.

I'll have to take you up on that offer if I ever do make it across the pond. Appreciated. :)

Good ol' Nucky, watched first season of Boardwalk Empire but lost track of it after that, very good show.

Was General Petraeus a military genius? Not sure, never read about him (apart from his non-military affairs if you know what I mean ;) ).

Anyway, it's possible to respect a man or woman for their military expertise even if you disagree with what they're fighting for, the American Civil War being a perfect example of that.

• Like 1

Who p***ed in your cornflakes? :hmm:

Is he talking about Nucky Thompson and/or William Sherman? It's a mystery to me. Some of these comments come out of the clear blue sky. You often don't know why.

Is he talking about Nucky Thompson and/or William Sherman? It's a mystery to me. Some of these comments come out of the clear blue sky. You often don't know why.

He was responding to Yamato's comments.

LOL, I don't know, honestly, hence my question? His nick here is a Japanese Imperial Batteship from WWII so not sure why he is all up in arms about Sherman's activities during the recent unpleasantness (as some still refer to it down here). :rofl:

Edited by Merc14

Anyway, it's possible to respect a man or woman for their military expertise even if you disagree with what they're fighting for, the American Civil War being a perfect example of that.

I have a lot of respect for Grant and Sherman. Even though they were on the wrong side! LOL :)

Honestly, if it hadn't been for Grant and Shermans extremely lenient surrender terms to the Confederates, the war probably would have gone on longer...Washington was NOT happy about that.

I think Lee was a better military tactician than Grant, but Grant never gave up, like many other Union generals did. You have to respect and admire that.

• Like 1

I don't think Grant or Sherman would have been as successful as Lee if their roles were reversed. I think Lee only lost two battles with the Army of Northern Virginia, and (apart from one occassion) he always had inferior numbers. So at a time when the main battlefield tactic was to match your man, what Lee accomplished was extraordinary.

Grant basically just fought a war of attrition, which wasn't entirely his fault as other Union Generals failed him, but it can be fairly said that his tactics lacked subtlety. Although fighting wars of attrition takes guts, which as you said, was what previous Union Generals lacked, like McClellan for example.

I try to be fair to McClellan but I just think he was a coward.

I've enjoyed this! I'm going to watch my Civil War documentaries again.

• Like 1

I don't think Grant or Sherman would have been as successful as Lee if their roles were reversed. I think Lee only lost two battles with the Army of Northern Virginia, and (apart from one occassion) he always had inferior numbers. So at a time when the main battlefield tactic was to match your man, what Lee accomplished was extraordinary.

Grant basically just fought a war of attrition, which wasn't entirely his fault as other Union Generals failed him, but it can be fairly said that his tactics lacked subtlety. Although fighting wars of attrition takes guts, which as you said, was what previous Union Generals lacked, like McClellan for example.

I try to be fair to McClellan but I just think he was a coward.

I've enjoyed this! I'm going to watch my Civil War documentaries again.

Don't forget Grant's work on the Mississippi. Brilliant use of combined arms to cut the south off from the west. The war in the east was definitely a different beast

• Like 2

Don't forget Grant's work on the Mississippi. Brilliant use of combined arms to cut the south off from the west. The war in the east was definitely a different beast

He was at one point the only success story in an fruitless Union campaign. I do overlook Grant I must admit, not intentionally, I read your post and I thought to myself "I did forget that actually" :lol:.

I'm just more interested in Sherman, his letter to Atlanta is one of the most terrifying things I've ever read, more so than any horror novel.

• Like 1