Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scott Carpenter's Dogman/Bigfoot videos

Skeptic Chicken

Yes, but I heard the VC could smell our soldiers because of our diet. But it could have been from a movie, for all I know.

they could tell we were not Asian spy or fecal matter in urine we left behind in the jungle.

they could tell we were not Asian spy or fecal matter in urine we left behind in the jungle.

Pareidolia...

IMHO.

What I don't get is that these guys make a video from 100 yards away, and "see" bigfoot or dogman or whatever... and instead of moving half that distance forward and confirming that there is something really there, or even more bravely.... going to the spot where the supposed critter is and looking for tracks or scuff marks... They instead end the video with lines drawn around some shadows and then proceed to show another long range video of shadows culmonating in lines drawn to help show what is supposed to be there.

For goodness sakes.... Even moving 20 or 30 feet to the left or right (if they are too "afraid" to move forward) while taping would go a LONG way toward showing that there is really something there or just shadows...

Similar to the infamous Monstertalk segment up at Cross Lake where they were in the cabin and absolutely convinced that Bigfoot was throwing rocks down on the tin roof. So what do they do when confronted with what could be irrefutable proof that the creature exists - why they cower in fear in their cabin of course - including the guy who just slept out the previous night in a tent on the far side of the lake all by himself hoping bigfoot showed himself.

So do they want to find him or not?

I remember that............pitiful.

I'm not sure but I think one of the guys began crying.......they needed Super Rick Dyer to come to their rescue.

8-foot Biggie: "Whatcha doin' son?"

3-foot Biggie: "Just throwin' rocks, Dad."

8-foot Biggie: "Okay, have fun. Just be home for dinner."

Edited by QuiteContrary

What do you label an "encounter"?

Was the smell enough to send you the opposite away?

You could distinguish this creatures smell from the surrounding smell of the swamp.

What do you think they eat? If a carnivore/omnivore how do you think it might sneak up on or surprise ambush an animal with a nose?

Even if it "sets" some kind of trap, wouldn't the trap smell of this highly odorous creature?

keninsc could answer this, but couldn't the VC smell us too? Or is that a myth.

The smell of the skunk ape is quite different form the smell of the swamp itself. Kind of like how nothing else smells like wet dog. I would hazzard a guess at omnivore, but I don't think they use traps.

Every Bigfoot, or to use the colloquial "Skunk Ape", I have encountered has had a horrible odor. Maybe it is just the environment and other's in dryer climates might have a different scent.

Can you possibly make a topic on your encounters? With some details?

Edited by Sakari

Can you possibly make a topic on your encounters? With some details?

Back after I fought in Nahm,, I spent time in Florida, after hiking all of the USA. And, I am familiar with the environment, and smells there. Being a Ex Sniper / Tracker / Bomb expert in Iraq, I also learned a lot of things, with my hiking in every State if the USA, to maybe help you decipher your experiences.

Yeah. I want to read more about these SkunkFoots too!!!!

My only "encounter" was with a nasty odor while deer hunting in Georgia, I'd have to say it's not much of an "encounter". Didn't see or hear anything, found no prints, but never have smelled anything like that in my life. The only reason I think it might have been one is because a couple days later is when my first Buddy told of seeing one while he was hunting, And yes, I filled in the blanks, truth is I have no idea what it was, I describe it as smelling like a dozen smelly Frenchmen, a very body ordor-y, pungent, slightly sulphur-y smell. I recall sitting on my stand at the base of a tree and almost having tears in my eyes it was so bad. Now they was a pulp and paper mill about five miles away as the crow flies, but it didn't smell like that, but then I can't completely rule that out. To call it an encounter based on just a smell is at best a reach, but what the hey?

My only "encounter" was with a nasty odor while deer hunting in Georgia, I'd have to say it's not much of an "encounter". Didn't see or hear anything, found no prints, but never have smelled anything like that in my life. The only reason I think it might have been one is because a couple days later is when my first Buddy told of seeing one while he was hunting, And yes, I filled in the blanks, truth is I have no idea what it was, I describe it as smelling like a dozen smelly Frenchmen, a very body ordor-y, pungent, slightly sulphur-y smell. I recall sitting on my stand at the base of a tree and almost having tears in my eyes it was so bad. Now they was a pulp and paper mill about five miles away as the crow flies, but it didn't smell like that, but then I can't completely rule that out. To call it an encounter based on just a smell is at best a reach, but what the hey?

We lived near a paper mill in Georgia too ( near Augusta). They stiiiinnkkk!

We lived near a paper mill in Georgia too ( near Augusta). They stiiiinnkkk!

You damn right they do, but you sort of get used to what they smell like, so when you smell it you know automatically what it is. This smell wasn't like what the paper mill smelled like at all. This was in Coosa, right outside Rome GA.......the paper mill that is, not my encounter. However, I found it interesting that a number of years later after I moved away someone had reported an encounter to the BFRO (?) at least I think it was them in the very area I was in, so?

That still doesn't make my encounter anything more or less than what it was at the time.

Edited by keninsc

You damn right they do, but you sort of get used to what they smell like, so when you smell it you know automatically what it is. This smell wasn't like what the paper mill smelled like at all. This was in Coosa, right outside Rome GA.......the paper mill that is, not my encounter. However, I found it interesting that a number of years later after I moved away someone had reported an encounter to the BFRO (?) at least I think it was them in the very area I was in, so?

That still doesn't make my encounter anything more or less than what it was at the time.

Yeah, it isn't any kind of "animal" smell, for sure.

We actually got kicked out of the trailer park we lived in there (Waynesboro). Bet no one thinks it's possible to get kicked out of a trailer park! lol

Hey, I believe if you're gonna do something do it right!

Edited by QuiteContrary

You got kicked out of a trailer park in Georgia? Damn, I don't want to know what ya'll were doing to make that happen.

Too bad there was no reality TV, then. We could have had our own show!

Nah, nothing crazy. The owner refused to fix the awful road into the park. It had huge holes and we even had a big truck and they were still bad to drive through and around. So H wrote the owner a letter, you know one of those anonymous ones. Anyway the owner went through everyone's trailer park paper work until he matched the handwriting. Adios!

How dare you complain!?!

• Like 1

Too bad there was no reality TV, then. We could have had our own show!

Nah, nothing crazy. The owner refused to fix the awful road into the park. It had huge holes and we even had a big truck and they were still bad to drive through and around. So H wrote the owner a letter, you know one of those anonymous ones. Anyway the owner went through everyone's trailer park paper work until he matched the handwriting. Adios!

Should have used cut out words from the newspaper. :yes:

• Like 1

Should have used cut out words from the newspaper. :yes:

We did, but unfortunately that was also how we filled out our trailer park application.

Who knew no one else would? lol

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Yeah, if you're going to write an "anonymous" letter, it's best to not hand write it.......or make it traceable in some way.

I worked at a place where a guy wrote this completely inappropriate letter/note to a rather hot female employee stating very specific things he wanted to do with her.....yadda, yadda, yadda. Unfortunately he hand wrote it and misspelled words that he commonly misspelled, but the kicker was he wrote it on the back of a time sheet with his employee number on it.

Can you say, "Terminated" boys and girls?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely go to this thread but some one hadasked me to check it out.

Just from watching the Dogman 3 times and then reading every ones comments, I noticed that no one mention so factors apart from the camera zoom.

1. The angles,the camera man is moving so much around that the camera position and angle is different. So it will "look" like the object is moving. I found it strange how the creature can remain still and in each video the creature seems to be taller than him or same height etc.

2. Plants, Well you got plants blocking what ever he is looking at it and is making an object appear to be seen, it could be bark of a tree, Also It's windy, some plants are moving with the wind, add the camera movement it ends up looking like it is moving but all it is doing is changing the shape of the dogman.

3. The camera is poor, The quality is bad and his "staring eyes" can not be seen unless you apply imagination. The last video he used a digital zoom that distorts the quality of the video.

4. Being a true born bush walker, I have myself walked into sticky situations of kangaroos and even rabbits bursting out of the bushes next to me. Yet at times I would hear noises around me, like when a kangaroo was walking down the bush and eatting plants, i heard faint movement. the only problem i have with this video is the lack of noise the dogman is making.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Agree. Like I posted earlier, if the fellow had gone 5 meters forward, or to either side while filming, or taken more stills, we'd have a much better idea what is really there. This is the reason you always get a single "bigfoot" picture from people, because the other 3, 5 or 10 pictures they took all show the object to clearly be a stump, or something...

• Like 1

I watched the video/documentary about his "dogman" encounter, and the first encounter seemed oddly like a small black bear or the Image that he used in the opening credits. It was badly done, but still think this one was a hoax or a "recreation" without telling the viewer that information.

Edited by Jessem
  • Like 1