Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman finds dead beetle in ready meal

Still Waters

Insects were considered a delicacy among Roman aristocrats, but weren’t quite as well received by a young woman who found one in her Marks and Spencer dinner.

Jenna Murray, 29, bought the £3 supper of smoked mackerel, new potatoes and beetroot after work from her local store in Camden, north London - and it contained a dead beetle.

Single designer Miss Murray had bought the meal from the Delicious and Nutritious range. It came with a creamy mustard and dill dressing and was ready to cook.

http://www.dailymail...ready-meal.html

Your ready to eat meals are fancier than ours. Beetroot and mustard and dill dressing. Yum. We get stewed apples and corn.

Horse meat in lasagna? Beetles in ready to eat? Lizards in lettuce? I see a trend. Will it catch on though?

A dead Beatle would be really sad.

Edited by QuiteContrary

The news here ,had a huge piece on bugs for meals ,and will be the new protein source for the USA .

So,no biggie ?

Swansons will have frozen grasshopper in basil Verde sauce on the shelves in no time .

*vomits a little*

I wonder what people in third world countries would think of this unnecessary fuss, accidents happen and nature is persistent. I once found a caterpillar enjoying my lettuce, I placed said caterpillar in the garden, removed outer leaves of lettuce and made my sandwich o.o

• Like 3

Hey the UN is encouraging us to eat bugs lol

• Like 2

A dead Beatle would be really sad.

so you were upset when john lennon got shot too huh....?

;-)

• Like 1

so you were upset when john lennon got shot too huh....?

;-)

I said it would be sad. It'd be pretty heavy to carry home too.

But seriously, I was shocked by Lennon's but more saddened by George's.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

See, it doesn't matter how fancy your meal is, it's still some unpaid worker who doesn't give a **** about hygiene putting it together.

• Like 2

I wonder what people in third world countries would think of this unnecessary fuss, accidents happen and nature is persistent. I once found a caterpillar enjoying my lettuce, I placed said caterpillar in the garden, removed outer leaves of lettuce and made my sandwich o.o

I would normally agree with you but today I'm home with a bout of gastro from a ready made lean cuisine meal, go figure. Mine was chicken - which doesn't fill me with much confidence considering how many dang things supposedly "taste like chicken". :unsure2:

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 3

The fact that the beetle was dead makes me wonder what killed him? If I were that lady I wouldn't be opting for that particular brand of meal any longer.

Who's to say I can't bring in a dead beetle, throw it in my food, and scream "lawsuit"

Edited by pallidin

You may-or may not-be surprised at what other things find themselves in our food.

Extra protein to me.

• Like 2

I found live bugs crawling around in my cereal once, I just ate them. They're rich in fiber.

i've never been lucky enough to find ANYTHING!!

oh, wait, I tell a lie, I did find a lump on one of my balls once!

I wouldn't have minded so much, but it made it look funny compared to the other two.....

:-)

i've never been lucky enough to find ANYTHING!!

oh, wait, I tell a lie, I did find a lump on one of my balls once!

I wouldn't have minded so much, but it made it look funny compared to the other two.....

:-)

Unless you were eating your own balls, how is this related to the topic. Lol.