Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Impossible dream

Mr Walker

I have a very interesting dream life but last night I had one out of the box,

I had been reading a novel when my wife turned of her bedlight and indicated she wanted to go to sleep. So i turned off my own closed my book marked at the page I was reading and went staright to sleep.

Among other dreams I became conscious I was dreaming about reading my book. It was clearly a dream because i was reading it without light or a body. But i was able to see the open pages and read them.

I read about 3 pages before i thought, "Well I'd better do a reality check," because I didn't think it was possible to read this well and easily/ accuratelyin a dream. So I checked and there I was now apparently physically in bed reading the book with the light on.

Staright away I knew something was wrong because, first I hadnt turned the light on and if I had my wife would have been yelling at me to turn it off. So I read a bit more now apparently awake in a very brightly lit room with my wife sleeping on by my side. I was still aware that I was dreaming. Again, I thought, "Better wake my self up and check that I havent turned the light on in my sleep " Not something I have ever done inmy life, incidentally.

So i woke myslef up and as i figured, I was lying in the dark onmy side in the bed under the covers. No book No light .

Ok fair enough just an interesting dream then But the real kicker was when I woke up in the morning and went to go on reading my book. It was onmy bedside table where I'd left it the night before. I opened it up to the page marker and went on reading. But I soon realised that I was reading the pages i had read in my dream that night.

Now I had not woken up and turned on the light, and i had not physically opened the book and read it, but somehow I had read 5 or 6 pages in total, further on from where I had shut and marked my book the night before; in my dream and in total darkness .

One for the book I reckon.

I am open to any suggestions as to what happened or how this was physically possible, but want to make it clear that when i woke up in the morning I had read at least 6 pages on (In a new book I had never opened before) from when i stopped the night before, while asleep and in total darkness..

• Like 1

This shows that a part of your self is in the future & has already seen everything that happens in your life. And it can walk you through the future in the dream state; which shows that it controls your mind & consciousness, astral bodies & soul, spirit etc, at some level.

I'm quite literally shown the future in visions nearly every night or morning & it makes it clear to me that someone else is with me who knows my life better than I do.

This shows that a part of your self is in the future & has already seen everything that happens in your life. And it can walk you through the future in the dream state; which shows that it controls your mind & consciousness, astral bodies & soul, spirit etc, at some level.

I'm quite literally shown the future in visions nearly every night or morning & it makes it clear to me that someone else is with me who knows my life better than I do.

Thats a different take on it ANd one i should have thought of. I regularly use dreams to study the past, and i am often given very accurate dreams of the future (although the future is not fixed and so these dreams can be used to alter my future for the better) As you suggest, I might have gone into the future slightly and then "remembered" what i had read the next morning before I had physically read it.

Neat theory. It would also explain how one can predict lottery numbers (or indeed the winners of horse races) One visits the future and reads the winning numbers then returns to the present with those numbers in ones mind somewhere even if not at the forefront of one's consciousness.

I had been reading a novel

I had read 5 or 6 pages in total, further on from where I had shut and marked my book the night before; in my dream and in total darkness .

I am open to any suggestions as to what happened or how this was physically possible, but want to make it clear that when i woke up in the morning I had read at least 6 pages on (In a new book I had never opened before) from when i stopped the night before, while asleep and in total darkness..

I would suggest that the mind is good at predicting how events can unfold in a novel. Like how we can guess as to what will happen in a movie. So as you are reading you can make a fair guess as to where the story is going in the next few pages. So I would say its possible that you did this and created it in the dream because it's what you did just before going to bed. So it was one of the last things you were thinking of.

I would also say that even glancing at the chapters as you open the book for the first time(because its at the start) could also add to where the information might of been created from and where the story is going.

Edited by Kazahel

I would suggest that the mind is good at predicting how events can unfold in a novel. Like how we can guess as to what will happen in a movie. So as you are reading you can make a fair guess as to where the story is going in the next few pages. So I would say its possible that you did this and created it in the dream because it's what you did just before going to bed. So it was one of the last things you were thinking of.

I would also say that even glancing at the chapters as you open the book for the first time(because its at the start) could also add to where the information might of been created from and where the story is going.

Thats a logical explanation. However I have a pretty well photographic memory and so was able to compare, almost verbatim, what I read in my dream with what I read the next morning.

Your suggestion about precis or chapter headings is also sensible and logical but unfortunately this novel didnt have any chapter headings and the precis on the back didnt really refer to this section, But still a good suggestion. ON a similar vein, one might be able to fairly accuratley predict the next few ages of a book one is reading, but my experiences didnt feel like this. I had in my mind the words from about 5/6 pages and then those words appeared as i read them in the morning I knew what word, what line, was coming next and even what was over the page, sentence for sentence.

One further possibility is this. I have the ability to read a whole page in a second or two as a whole, and know what is on it accurately, so i might have been subconsciously doing this. However this would not explain how i knew what was on the next page or pages before I turned them over.

It really has me intrigued.

I'm not at all opposed to the idea that you would be capable reading the book from from a distance while sleeping. Especially with your talents. But haveing a photographic memory and the reading skills you do opens up other avenues as well. It's entirely possible that you have seen those pages before. Mabey while looking to buy it you thumbed passed them or Mabey you have thumbed through it before but passed on it for another. Anytime those pages where in your sight at all you could have stored them for reading latter.

That might be an interesting experiment. Quickly thumb through a book ( without reading it), then enter a dream state and see if you can then read it. With a skill like that, you could go to the book store and 'steal' books with your mind and read them while sleeping. Extra reading time at its finest.

Incidentally Yesterday while oob, I decided memorize the layout of a hose stretched across my yard as an experiment . It was morning so I got up to check the layout. It was dead on.

Unrelated but funny, I just woke up from a dream that I had a pet ferret. While playing the ferret was teasing a horse, but then strangely it took on the size of the horse. Realizing that I now had a half ton preditor as a pet I started to get nervous . Sure enough, the little bastered turned on me. I barely got away into the house before he got me. I'm headed back into a dream state now to wrestle a bit with him. I'm going to try not to kill him, just tame him.

Take care. Happy dreaming.

Thanks seeker. Your comments are always welcome. Your suggestion is very reasonable. I borrowed the book from the library without reading any of it, but it is possible that either i had read this bit in the first book in the series as a sort of teaser, or I read it online somewhere.Good luck with your ferret wrassling My nieces had pet ferrets, which made good pets but they both got bitten a few times. They handled them quite a lot, like kittens, and took them for walks in a harness but sometimes the ferrets just felt like biting, so they did.

Hi,

I have a much simpler explanation. You really wanted to read a few more pages before going to sleep, as your wife suggested, so you did that in your dream state. No big deal as I see it. You can do these things if you wish.

John

• Like 1

I'm reminded of times when I was a kid and I would read passages of a new book and could swear I'd read them before but I had not.

I like the 'future self' idea Perfection offered but disagree with the 'prediction of events' theory because it wasn't just a prediction of events in the books it was a verbatim memory of the text.

Edited by AZDZ

Hi,

I have a much simpler explanation. You really wanted to read a few more pages before going to sleep, as your wife suggested, so you did that in your dream state. No big deal as I see it. You can do these things if you wish.

John

That is my personal opinion but I am prejudiced :innocent: and I appreciate the range of possibilities presented by others. They help me identify possibilities which do not at first come to my mind. But thank you for confirming my own diagnosis.Indeed I think this is quite a possible thing to do.

I'm reminded of times when I was a kid and I would read passages of a new book and could swear I'd read them before but I had not.

I like the 'future self' idea Perfection offered but disagree with the 'prediction of events' theory because it wasn't just a prediction of events in the books it was a verbatim memory of the text.

Yes that was my thought. It seemed to me a verbatim rereading of what I had read in my dream But i am aware that the mind (even one in such a finely honed condition as my own) :whistle: can fool itself.

These are friggin' hard.6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

This seems to be the same response you gave to a completely different post. My computer is reluctant to open these images. Any reason why this might be so?

I have a very interesting dream life but last night I had one out of the box,

I had been reading a novel when my wife turned of her bedlight and indicated she wanted to go to sleep. So i turned off my own closed my book marked at the page I was reading and went staright to sleep.

Among other dreams I became conscious I was dreaming about reading my book. It was clearly a dream because i was reading it without light or a body. But i was able to see the open pages and read them.

I read about 3 pages before i thought, "Well I'd better do a reality check," because I didn't think it was possible to read this well and easily/ accuratelyin a dream. So I checked and there I was now apparently physically in bed reading the book with the light on.

Staright away I knew something was wrong because, first I hadnt turned the light on and if I had my wife would have been yelling at me to turn it off. So I read a bit more now apparently awake in a very brightly lit room with my wife sleeping on by my side. I was still aware that I was dreaming. Again, I thought, "Better wake my self up and check that I havent turned the light on in my sleep " Not something I have ever done inmy life, incidentally.

So i woke myslef up and as i figured, I was lying in the dark onmy side in the bed under the covers. No book No light .

Ok fair enough just an interesting dream then But the real kicker was when I woke up in the morning and went to go on reading my book. It was onmy bedside table where I'd left it the night before. I opened it up to the page marker and went on reading. But I soon realised that I was reading the pages i had read in my dream that night.

Now I had not woken up and turned on the light, and i had not physically opened the book and read it, but somehow I had read 5 or 6 pages in total, further on from where I had shut and marked my book the night before; in my dream and in total darkness .

One for the book I reckon.

Hi, Ive had a lot of dreams like these though its been sometime that ive been in a dream where I was aware I was dreaming. I lucid dream all the bloody time lol. Anyway ive had plenty of dreams down through the years that were but fragments and when I awoke from them I was left drained and only remembering those fragmented dreams. So I wrote them down.

6 months later I was working and we just finished paving a driveway and in the dream I was sitting on a gray long object looking at something that was black on the bottom and yellow on the top but I loved the smell. basically the long gray object was the wall, the black thing was the fresh tar and the yellow part was the house and I love the smell of fresh tar. So it was basically foresight. ive had ALOT of dreams like these, so its your choice if you want to believe it. I believe that some things are fated to happen, and if there fated a person could 'argue' that its set in stone, that certain things are set in stone, otherwise my dreams wouldnt come true, right?

Another perspective is that your opening yourself up to the lieks of astral projection and al lthat stuff. Id recommend reading and researching more into it. fascinating subject.

Were you "sleepreading" instead of sleepwalking? People do strange things while sleepwalking, like eat a meal, leave their home, etc.

Edited by little_dreamer

Hi, Ive had a lot of dreams like these though its been sometime that ive been in a dream where I was aware I was dreaming. I lucid dream all the bloody time lol. Anyway ive had plenty of dreams down through the years that were but fragments and when I awoke from them I was left drained and only remembering those fragmented dreams. So I wrote them down.

6 months later I was working and we just finished paving a driveway and in the dream I was sitting on a gray long object looking at something that was black on the bottom and yellow on the top but I loved the smell. basically the long gray object was the wall, the black thing was the fresh tar and the yellow part was the house and I love the smell of fresh tar. So it was basically foresight. ive had ALOT of dreams like these, so its your choice if you want to believe it. I believe that some things are fated to happen, and if there fated a person could 'argue' that its set in stone, that certain things are set in stone, otherwise my dreams wouldnt come true, right?

Another perspective is that your opening yourself up to the lieks of astral projection and al lthat stuff. Id recommend reading and researching more into it. fascinating subject.

Ive been controlled lucid dreaming and obeing all my life, so I know what you mean. It is just that I havent had this experience before. If i can walk through walls in an OBE then theoretically I could open up a book and read it while doing so. But normally my obes are real time/ real space so that if it is dark/night in real time it is dark/night in my obe. That would make it physically hard to read a book. But there are other ways this might be done via the power of the mind.

Were you "sleepreading" instead of sleepwalking? People do strange things while sleepwalking, like eat a meal, leave their home, etc.

I did consider this. I have only ever slept walked once ( as a child when I was away from home) so it is unlikely although possible. But the bigger problem is that if I had turned on the light to physically read the book my wife would have woken up and told me off. :cry: So however I "read it", it was in darkness.

Ive been controlled lucid dreaming and obeing all my life, so I know what you mean. It is just that I havent had this experience before. If i can walk through walls in an OBE then theoretically I could open up a book and read it while doing so. But normally my obes are real time/ real space so that if it is dark/night in real time it is dark/night in my obe. That would make it physically hard to read a book. But there are other ways this might be done via the power of the mind.

Well Ive often read a book in dim light as I have sensitive eyes. To be totally honest, we are capqable of so much and we dont realize the 16th of it in my opinion. Anything is possible!!

Well Ive often read a book in dim light as I have sensitive eyes. To be totally honest, we are capqable of so much and we dont realize the 16th of it in my opinion. Anything is possible!!

I have to agree with that.