Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Right-wing fear of government isn't paranoid

Kowalski

After IRS scandal: Right-wing fear of government isn't paranoid

Whatever the motivations for the IRS targeting conservative groups, it has drawn condemnation from across the political spectrum. Liberals also worry the scandal will feed right-wing paranoia of government. But for conservatives, fear of federal agencies is rooted in history, not hysteria.

Last week’s revelation that the Internal Revenue Service targeted conservative groups was met with near universal disapproval. The IRS singled out organizations with words like "tea party" and "patriot" in their name for scrutiny. In the words of Treasury officials, this focus was clearly “inappropriate.”

Taken from http://news.yahoo.co...-162227877.html

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
2c. Plagiarism and copyright: ...Members are asked to copy only as much as is necessary when quoting material from external sources, do not copy and paste entire articles or web pages.
  • Like 4

And this is why I don't like politics, slandering and bad mouthing. It isn't debates anymore, more of a competition who can make the other look worse....

• Like 3

It is better to stand IN the political aisle in this country. There is more power of The People if we are standing IN the aisle.

That said, I once heard from a GOP source that the Russian mafia was partially funding The Tea Party. I think you have to remember that the USA CIA conceived of the formation of radial madrasses to fight the Russians in an opium-rich Afghanistan. The Russia we knew as Iwas growing up crashed and burned. It stands to reason that Russis would strike back in very covert ways. The adage "what goes around, comes around" is at play here.

It also stands to reason that even the GOP didn't like the Tea Party in so many ways because they were out of political party control. So it could well be that the IRS was also asked by the GOP to look into the financing of the Tea Party.

I have to say that this country needs at least five media-honored political parties. In instigating this, the voice of the people is more likely to be heard.

You have to admit that some of what the Tea Party stood for was reasonable and worth paying attention to. No wonder they were so attacked. Both USA political parties had much to gain from the demise of the Tea Party.

• Like 1

And yet oddly enough conservatives want to govern what people do in their bedrooms.

• Like 2

And yet oddly enough conservatives want to govern what people do in their bedrooms.

Uh, I don't care what people do in their bedrooms....

• Like 2

Uh, I don't care what people do in their bedrooms....

Then you are in the minority amongst conservatives!

After IRS scandal: Right-wing fear of government isn't paranoid

1. it's not a scandal

2. they were possibly breaking the law

1. it's not a scandal

2. they were possibly breaking the law

Excuse me, but the only people who were breaking the law were the IRS. Just like usual. But I guess it's okay since you weren't the one being targeted....

Then you are in the minority amongst conservatives!

I believe in smaller government. And that means we need to stay out of everyone's business. If gays want to get married let them. I could care less what people do in their personal lives. Like I don't agree with abortion, but I don't feel the need to ram my ideology down someone else's throat, you know what I mean?

• Like 2

If there was not a historical foundation of out of control Government...then there would be nothing to fear. But the history of the world has far too many examples of overpowering Gov.

Inevitably, the Gov that starts out the smallest....eventually becomes the largest. In their journey of growth, they seemingly feel the need to justify their positions...so they legislate and legislate and legislate...even when there is nothing really broken, they do it anyway. They create more laws, regulations and controls and then have to create organizations to enforce them....an ugly and wicked spiral down the drain.

I personally think we are through the threshold and beyond the tipping point. Gov is not now going to suddenly diminish it's presence....we are pretty much screwed at this point.

I have spent a lot of thought on the topic of how we can "get back" what so many have willingly given away...joyously throwing their freedoms and rights at the boots of their overlords....I have come to the conclusion there are very few real solutions...this one being the most likely...

cataclysm-883479_zpsf068bfcc.jpeg

• Like 1

If there was not a historical foundation of out of control Government...then there would be nothing to fear. But the history of the world has far too many examples of overpowering Gov.

Inevitably, the Gov that starts out the smallest....eventually becomes the largest. In their journey of growth, they seemingly feel the need to justify their positions...so they legislate and legislate and legislate...even when there is nothing really broken, they do it anyway. They create more laws, regulations and controls and then have to create organizations to enforce them....an ugly and wicked spiral down the drain.

I personally think we are through the threshold and beyond the tipping point. Gov is not now going to suddenly diminish it's presence....we are pretty much screwed at this point.

I have spent a lot of thought on the topic of how we can "get back" what so many have willingly given away...joyously throwing their freedoms and rights at the boots of their overlords....I have come to the conclusion there are very few real solutions...this one being the most likely...

cataclysm-883479_zpsf068bfcc.jpeg

I have to agree. Too many are more concerned with the Kardashians then with their rights being taken away.

Edited by Kowalski

Excuse me, but the only people who were breaking the law were the IRS.

Really? prove that outlandish declaration. The IG said there was no law broken.

Really? prove that outlandish declaration. The IG said there was no law broken.

Isn't targeting political groups against the law?

Pretty sure there is something in the Constitution about that....

But, hey, I guess it doesn't matter since you weren't the one who was targeted.

Remember this VERY well, it may happen to you:

When the Nazis came for the communists,

I remained silent;

I was not a communist..

When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I didn't speak up,