Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UN urges people to eat insects

Still Waters

The sad thing is that, forests are being destroyed for cattle that is used for meat.

• Like 3

i don't care what science says ... you eat much meat you get great strong body

protein is life !

however i noticed lot of vegeterians have weaker bodies who often get sick much

must be lack of meat !

not insect meat though bleech

joel.jpg

You are so wrong it's hilarious. Most vegans and vegetarians are healthy and strong compared to most people who eat meat. Without a decent amount of exercise meat can be dangerous.

Also Vegans/Vegetarians get protein. lol You can get better protein in fact.

Spirulina contains 1g protein per 5 calories. Which is only 0.5 calories away form Chicken or Turkey breast.

The sad thing is that, forests are being destroyed for cattle that is used for meat.

On top of that, it costs far more resources and water to farm cattle. You can feed the starving 5x over if you switched most farms from cattle to crop. Could completely get rid of starvation and hunger in the world.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

i don't care what science says ... you eat much meat you get great strong body.

protein is life !

Eating loads of protein does not build muscle tissue. What does result in loads of muscle tissue? Exercise !

Everyone asks vegans, "where do you get your protein? That's not a cause for concern, protein is found in lots of different foods. The question you should be asking is "where do you get your fat?" Now that can be a difficulty.

• Like 2

Eating loads of protein does not build muscle tissue. What does result in loads of muscle tissue? Exercise !

Everyone asks vegans, "where do you get your protein? That's not a cause for concern, protein is found in lots of different foods. The question you should be asking is "where do you get your fat?" Now that can be a difficulty.

who doesn't love that fatty piece of meat ?

joel.jpg

You are so wrong it's hilarious. Most vegans and vegetarians are healthy and strong compared to most people who eat meat. Without a decent amount of exercise meat can be dangerous.

Also Vegans/Vegetarians get protein. lol You can get better protein in fact.

Spirulina contains 1g protein per 5 calories. Which is only 0.5 calories away form Chicken or Turkey breast.

On top of that, it costs far more resources and water to farm cattle. You can feed the starving 5x over if you switched most farms from cattle to crop. Could completely get rid of starvation and hunger in the world.

god damn that's a vegan ?

he is bald .. there you have it .. coz he doesn't eat meat

• Like 1

who doesn't love that fatty piece of meat ?

god damn that's a vegan ?

he is bald .. there you have it .. coz he doesn't eat meat

OK then:

profile_avi_3.jpg

lol.

There are some massive Vegan Body builders and their skin generally looks healthier than non vegan body builders if you compare them..

Yip, definitely something difficult.

Edited by Coffey

I eat mostly organic chicken and fresh fish. Every now and again I will eat grass fed beef steak. I don't eat any ground meat or junk food of any kind. I also eat lots of organic fruits and veggies. I do eat dairy, but only the low fat stuff. My blood pressure and cholesterol are normal. Most of my friends my age are on all sorts of medication, mostly due (IMO) to poor eating and exercise habits. From what I've seen it's not about being a vegetarian, it's about being a very healthy eater and keeping physically active.

Oh..and I never eat bugs (*shudder*).

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 1

direct from the "UN", folks..

..i hope people are putting all this together

You know,I was sure I replied to this topic ,maybe on page one ,and I cannot seem to find it now ...

*ahem*

I dare say,the people urging us to eat bugs,are the same ones urging us to eat gmos .

The whole it will help the environment is such a farce ,given that methan foam the pig farms seem to grow ,would be a huge resource for alternative fuel,and yet they completely ignore that ,and cry the common man must eat crap.

You can bet none of them are following their own advice .

And those billions of ppl eating bugs,have done so for eons ,because of their culture .It's not like everyone in London Paris Tokyo and Chicago,suddenly gave up pasta and hotdogs,for some nummy locusts on toast .

They aren't new buggy foodie converts .Theyve always eaten them .

Some people in the western world do now indulge ,but its a far cry from even 1000s of new converts.

Edited by Simbi Laveau

The question you should be asking is "where do you get your fat?" Now that can be a difficulty.

if you're vegetarian, not vegan, you could always try veg stir-fry and veg fritters, both fried in butter, or lots of full-fat milk?

but if you WERE vegan, the only thing I can think of really is nuts?

(the oily brazil kind, not the 'i have to write in crayon coz they won't let me have anything sharp' kind!!)

• Like 1

if you're vegetarian, not vegan, you could always try veg stir-fry and veg fritters, both fried in butter, or lots of full-fat milk?

(the oily brazil kind, not the 'i have to write in crayon coz they won't let me have anything sharp' kind!!)

LMAO!!! You're a nut!!

Edited by Lava_Lady

I wonder if insects are on the menu at the UN....

Also: Unless I am mistaken, there is no food production problem in the world - it is a food distribution problem...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

All this talk is starting to remind me of that old movie, "Soylent Green"....

• Like 1

So when the UN says to eat insects,I automatically want to throw up.Now they are telling us that our food resources are running dry,they want us to eat the very insects that they are spraying & trying to kill. So how can you tell if the very insect you are about to eat isn't full of the insect spray that was used to irradicate them?

So when the UN says to eat insects,I automatically want to throw up.Now they are telling us that our food resources are running dry,they want us to eat the very insects that they are spraying & trying to kill. So how can you tell if the very insect you are about to eat isn't full of the insect spray that was used to irradicate them?

You would be suprised how insects defense systems work.

UN have fail because they are not educated! We are humans that we eat real food, but we are not animals duh!

I guess certain insects can be very nutritious and, to some locals, even tastey.

Even Spec-Ops are trained to eat the right types.

But for me, as long as my trusty grocery store still exists, I'll pass.

Knowing that I likely eat half a pound of ground-up insect parts each year embedded in my "normal" food, of course.

• Like 1

Frying veggies in oil provides some fat content. Adding a spoon on coconut oil to meals or smoothies adds some short chain satruated fats which gave actually been proven (in moderation) to be quite healthy.

UN have fail because they are not educated! We are humans that we eat real food, but we are not animals duh!

Humans are animals...duh!

• Like 1

Oh gosh,Monsanto is now making genetically modified bees ,so soon,we can eat gmo crops,and gmo bugs ! Nom nom nom

The UN can urge all it wants to. That won't get it done. Until every last bit of hide, fur or feather covered meat is eradicated from the earth I will not be eating bugs. Since there are large populations that already refuse to eat either beef or pork, I will have their share of meat and they can have my share of insects.

• 3 months later...

Necropost, but related to topic.

Farm 432: The handy kitchen appliance that breeds fly larva for protein

Flies are usually considered unwelcome guests in the kitchen, but one industrial designer is aiming to turn them into a renewable food source. Katharina Unger's Farm 432 concept is a fly-breeding device for home use that continually collects fly larva as a protein source for less squeamish diners. As unappetizing as it may sound, the designer hopes that convincing the Western world to add insects to its diet could help increase the planet's overall food supply.

http://www.gizmag.co...rva-food/28509/

Make your own protein snacks at home with this tabletop insect farm

Industrial designer Katharina Unger has created a sustainable system that will allow people to add protein to their diet by breeding and harvesting fly larvae at home. The sleek project is called Farm 432, and calls to mind iconic designs like the original iMac — if Jony Ive created insect-harvesting stations, that is. It consists of a large chamber; fly larvae are placed inside a small holding pen at the top. After they transform into flies, they exit the holding pen for the larger chamber where they mate and produce new larvae. Those fall down into a hidden chamber dubbed "kindergarten," where they grow and eventually climb up through a tube — Unger calls the process "self-harvesting" — and then fall into a removable cup.

http://www.theverge....dible-source-of