Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Archived] Lets Count to a Million (Game)

Bracket

1179. Westminster School was founded by the monks of Westminster Abbey in 1179 AD.

• Like 1

WHAM 1180 AM is Rochester's (NY) news weather and traffic station

1181 - Saint Francis of Assisi, Italian founder of the Franciscan Order was born.

In 1182 Genghis Khan is captured and carried in a cage to a rival's camp.

Moroccan King Mohammed pardoned or reduced the sentences of 1,183 people to mark the Eid al-Fitr feast, which comes at the end of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan

Edited by Junior Chubb

In 1185 the Heian period ends and the Kamakura period begins in Japan.

1186 - Baldwin V, the boy king of Jerusalem is killed by his mother, Sybilla after she discovers he has contracted leprosy. She had previously watched her brother suffer for many years before dying an agonising death from the same disease and wanted to spare her son the same painful fate.

1187 is my lucky number.

• Like 1

In 1188 Richard Lionheart allies with Philip II of France against his father, Henry II of England.

1189 - Henry II of England dies.

In 1190 the feudal era of Japan begins.

1191 Raksi Sdarnip is imprisoned for murdering 16 people while travelling with a circus across europe. He was soon released after his sister admitted committing the murders herself.

In 1192 Conrad of Montferrat (Conrad I), King of Jerusalem, is assassinated in Tyre, only days after his title to the throne is confirmed by election. The killing is carried out by Hashshashin.

And another history post... or not? on 31.12.2012 in France, total of 1193 vehicles were set on fire and burned, what has become somewhat of a regular tradition in France to burn cars whenever something interesting is(n't) happening...

• Like 1

In 1194 the Yellow River of China experiences a major course change, taking over the Huai River drainage system for the next 700 years.

1195 is the only number in the world that has no historical significance in any way... In fact if you type 1195 into Google it would break the internet.

1196 The first year the name 'Katherine' was recorded in England.

Edited by ealdwita

In 1196 in London, a popular uprising of the poor against the rich is led by William Fitz Osbern.

1197 is the number Pax should have used in his last post...

Does that mean one thousand one hundred and ninety eight should be in this post or the next one?

• Like 1

1198 is the number Junior Chubb should have used in his last post... :w00t:

And this is post 1199...

• Like 1

1200 out of 1200 is the score you get for that comeback... ;)

Also we are back on par, the post count now matches the number. What I thought was a clanger by Pax was actually a carefully considered plan that has at last brought balance to the Force.

Edited by Junior Chubb
  • Like 1

In 1201 John of England puts an embargo on wheat exported to Flanders in an attempt to force an allegiance between the states. He also puts a levy of a fifteenth on the value of cargo exported to France, and disallows the export of wool to France without a special license. The levies are enforced in each port by at least six men, including one churchman and one knight. John also affirms this year that judgments made by the court of Westminster are as valid as those made "before the king himself or his chief justice".

1200 out of 1200 is the score you get for that comeback... ;)

Also we are back on par, the post count now matches the number. What I thought was a clanger by Pax was actually a carefully considered plan that has at last brought balance to the Force.

The force is strong in you, Padawan... :tu:

Edited by Pax Unum
  • Like 1

The Behringer XENYX 1202 Is one of the best instrumental pre-amps you can buy. I know - I use one. (But it doesn't improve my playing, dammit!)

In 1203 Minamoto no Sanetomo becomes shogun of the Kamakura Shogunate.