Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Difference between liberals and conservatives

Clarakore

Out of all the western nations, the US is arguably the most conservative. Does your photo reflect the reality of that?

According to a study released by the Bay Area Center for Voting Research, Detroit is the most "liberal" large city in America.

Beginning with its incorporation in 1802, Detroit has had a total of 74 mayors. Detroit's last mayor from the Republican Party was Louis Miriani who served from 1957 to 1962.

This photo is not representative of conservatism at all, but of unfettered liberalism for over 50 straight years.

• Like 1

Did this happen because it's no longer legal for a man to rape his wife; or because women got the right to vote; or because gay people can marry; or because black people got equal rights; or because we no longer get christianity rammed down our throats from birth........I could go on, but I'm sure you get my meaning.

To state that the "photo represents liberalism in its fullest implementations" is not really accurate seeing as America is just about the most conservative nation around. Most of your liberals are more right wing than our conservatives. It's telling that none of you can actually respond to any points I've raised. You've resorted to quote mining, taking out of context, obfuscating, and a photo that could have been taken just about anywhere in the world.

Everywhere has shitholes.

I ain't quotin nothin. Most of America is conservative. The inner cities are not. When generations are taught to depend on the government first and themselves second self responsibility disappears and that is not a photo of a responsible community. Mostly though, liberal policies are fiscally irresponsible policies and that is not a photo of a fiscally responsible community. And wether or not that is really Detroit in the photo that does not dismiss my points about the city.

Detroit counted on the United States for purchasing its products so it could keep producing them, instead cheap foreign labor gave industries the opportunity to move elsewhere and still create products for non Union and cheaper labor. That is what killed Detroit, not liberalism, but capitalism unfettered to do what it does, make the most money. If the US chooses to purchase imported goods, give away whole industries to other countries so that they receive manufacturing jobs and we do not, it isn't liberalism, again it's the structure of the free market. Who supports the free market and hates Unions? Hmm I think I know...

While this is a conservative's brain.

science-republican-brain-2.png

I think hate takes up more space, alot more space.

well...here is a good time to jump on a soapbox.....

soapboxrant_zps0690d4a2.gif

Oh snap….let me make some of you recoil in horror and others say….hmmm….

I do not…for an instance…want to see another human being suffer in the anguishes and pains of hunger. I have seen the charts…we can feed them and not hurt a thing….

What bothers me is those that proclaim themselves to follow a living God and yet they seem to be totally ok with the suffering of multitudes….that is not the God I know. They love the corporations that starve the multitudes....ok....Godlike?....nah....

I am an ugly abomination to the right….I am a Libertarian with a conscience….I value freedom….I value opportunity and I value free trade. I also value the need of taking care of our workers. I value them being able to show up for work on time because they had a fever and it was efficiently treated. I value when they get injured that they will e taken care of and their electric bill will be paid so that their alarm clock goes off on time and they show up for work on time.

I am not a freak of nature…I am a Libertarian. I know what is valuable and what is selfish bullsh!t. Some folks might want to break away here...but I am right and they are selfish.

I want….more than anything….for all of us to come together on a fair and level playing field… a fair and open market. I like to grow things….i should be able to sell them for whatever I can get from them….if someone really-really likes my product, they should be able to pay me whatever they want to pay me for that product.

Likewise….if I want to sell a mediocre product….I should be able to do whatever it takes to get people to say…’that is a damn good product, I am glad I bought it”…

We have a problem…

Our markets are totally broken….we have agents breaking fair market value….we have folks breaking the value of nearly everything because of big money dollars….do you not understand what I am saying?

I am working to do everything I can to be able to buy a farm where I can produce everything I need. What I do not produce…I want to be able to trade for….and some folks in very high places absolutely hate this scenario.

If you are not dependent on some part of the GOV….you are doing something wrong in their eyes…and they are hunting for you.

Wake up….W.VA is the home for the future…a sparsly populated region…not too far from the real world…but hard to march on……find a mountaineer and hug them….montani semper liberi…….mountaineers are always free…..

Detroit counted on the United States for purchasing its products so it could keep producing them, instead cheap foreign labor gave industries the opportunity to move elsewhere and still create products for non Union and cheaper labor. That is what killed Detroit, not liberalism, but capitalism unfettered to do what it does, make the most money. If the US chooses to purchase imported goods, give away whole industries to other countries so that they receive manufacturing jobs and we do not, it isn't liberalism, again it's the structure of the free market. Who supports the free market and hates Unions? Hmm I think I know...

Do you think it's possible that the unions priced themselves out of business?

Do you think it's possible that the unions priced themselves out of business?

Considering for example the garment workers in Bangladesh making $38 a month, I'd say America has priced itself out of the labor business.

Edited by Gromdor

According to a study released by the Bay Area Center for Voting Research, Detroit is the most "liberal" large city in America.

Beginning with its incorporation in 1802, Detroit has had a total of 74 mayors. Detroit's last mayor from the Republican Party was Louis Miriani who served from 1957 to 1962.

This photo is not representative of conservatism at all, but of unfettered liberalism for over 50 straight years.

The 50's is also when detroit began it's self destruction.

Detroit began it's downfall when it was being run by conservatives/republicans.

I ain't quotin nothin.

The "you" was plural. You picked the one that wasn't relevant to you. No, you personally have not misquoted me. But if you've been keeping up with this thread you'll know I joined it by commenting on what I saw as the difference between liberals and conservatives. One member tried to address what I said but could only do so by misrepresenting me. You've joined in a classic case of distraction. Read my original comment (#33), and explain how putting a picture up of a rundown, urban craphole addresses what I said at all.

And wether or not that is really Detroit in the photo that does not dismiss my points about the city.

I'm sure it is Detroit. I wasn't suggesting otherwise. Many major cities have areas like that. You appear to want to focus on the economy. Fine, but that has nothing to do with anything I wrote.

Myself personally am a moderate liberal leaning Constitutionalist.

I don't think I fit into either liberal or conservative. I agree with some parts of all stances.

I'm not libertarian. Though some would assume I should check it out... I did but isolationist is not in my vocabulary.

I believe American companies should hire American employees and not outsourcing out of the country for things we can do right here.

I believe smaller government with fiscal responsibility is a must.

I believe that social security and Medicare make a more stable economy with less burden on working families.

I believe in short term welfare and it should include job training.

I believe the constitution is sound and says what it means without interpretation.

I believe we are all equal and everyone has a right to marriage gay straight and even plural if that's what you want to deal with.

I believe affirmative action was necessary to change a mindset and now it should be phased out. My generation doesn't have the mindset my parents or grandparents grew up in.

I believe insurance companies should be non profit.

I believe the top 1 percent could reinvest into more business which would provide more employment.

I do not believe in redistribution of wealth. As fun as that sounds it the most terrible idea I have ever heard.

I believe that lawmakers should cap out at 99,000 per year and potus at 150000.

I believe church and state are seperate for a reason and creationism should not be taught in science class. Its science for Pete's sake.

I believe education should be first and foremost at the top of every agenda.

Above all else I believe in cause and effect and logic when making decisions not what my political party or my friends think.

I believe in a lot of things and I could sit here writing a book on it I'm sure.... so where do I stand am I a bleeding heart liberal or a stuck in the past conservative? I don't know but I do know I'm American and I will always make my choices based on what I feel is best. To stick to just one side retards your own growth and decision making. So go ahead and keep standing on your side of the line that way you can be proud to stand your ground and defend your illusion of morality.

Have a great day to all.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch
  • Like 1

The 50's is also when detroit began it's self destruction.

Detroit began it's downfall when it was being run by conservatives/republicans.

Well, you are wrong, but I'm too tired to do your homework for you...

He probably isn't slandering. It's likely he's telling you the truth. Listen to that yank.

The difference as I see it is liberals are worried about hurting peoples feeling too much. I don't think it helps overall when you tip toe around anyone. Even more is the spending.

The lines between the 2 are not as cut and dry as some try to make it seem. Conservitives are not all religious. Liberals go to church too. Liberals own guns. Conservatives are for gun control.

Well, you are wrong, but I'm too tired to do your homework for you...

Population of Detroit from 1900-2000, the downfall began when it was being run by conservatives. First number is city, second is metro, third is region. http://en.wikipedia....tion_of_Detroit

1900 285,704 542,452 664,771 1910 465,766 725,064 867,250 1920 993,678 1,426,704 1,639,006 1930 1,568,662 2,325,739 2,655,395 1940 1,623,452 2,544,287 2,911,681 1950 1,849,568 3,219,256 3,700,490 1960 1,670,144 4,012,607 4,660,480 1970 1,514,063 4,490,902 5,289,766 1980 1,203,368 4,387,783 5,203,269 1990 1,027,974 4,266,654 5,095,695 2000 951,270 4,441,551

From 1950 to 1960, the city lost 179,424 people, almost 10% of its' population. That is pretty good size amount of people.

Edited by HavocWing

Population of Detroit from 1900-2000, the downfall began when it was being run by conservatives. First number is city, second is metro, third is region. http://en.wikipedia....tion_of_Detroit

1900 285,704 542,452 664,771 1910 465,766 725,064 867,250 1920 993,678 1,426,704 1,639,006 1930 1,568,662 2,325,739 2,655,395 1940 1,623,452 2,544,287 2,911,681 1950 1,849,568 3,219,256 3,700,490 1960 1,670,144 4,012,607 4,660,480 1970 1,514,063 4,490,902 5,289,766 1980 1,203,368 4,387,783 5,203,269 1990 1,027,974 4,266,654 5,095,695 2000 951,270 4,441,551

From 1950 to 1960, the city lost 179,424 people, almost 10% of its' population. That is pretty good size amount of people.

So?

If you do some simple math, over 700,000 people left from 1960 to 2000, which is where your numbers stop.

700,000 is more than 179,000.

Start a new thread if you really think that Conservatism ruined Detroit. School me!

So?

If you do some simple math, over 700,000 people left from 1960 to 2000, which is where your numbers stop.

700,000 is more than 179,000.

Start a new thread if you really think that Conservatism ruined Detroit. School me!

The only thing I was doing was stating the obvious, the downfall of Detroit began when conservatives where in office. I'm not going to get into a "who has a bigger penis" contest with you.

I'm not going to get into a "who has a bigger penis" contest with you.

I won't get invited as I'd have an unfair advantage.

• Like 2

I won't get invited as I'd have an unfair advantage.

Good one! :tu:

The only thing I was doing was stating the obvious, the downfall of Detroit began when conservatives where in office. I'm not going to get into a "who has a bigger penis" contest with you.

Well, the 'downfall' is still happening. It didn't start with or during any supposed conservative rule of the city and the facts remain that unions, liberalism and anti-white racism destroyed a once great American city.

• Like 2

Well, the 'downfall' is still happening. It didn't start with or during any supposed conservative rule of the city and the facts remain that unions, liberalism and anti-white racism destroyed a once great American city.

Have you ever seen that show, Detroit Pawn Stars? I watched a couple of episodes once, cause there was nothing else on. But, I don't know if this show is faked like most of those "reality shows" on TruTV, or if it's real or what, but some of the stuff on there was crazy. I mean, you'd have people, who were black, starting all kinds of trouble, and you could tell that most of them were on crack....There were always TONS of security guards, and this place was like in the MIDDLE of a really bad place in Detroit, so maybe it was real, I don't know. But if that IS what most of Detroit is like now, that's pretty scary....

You're talking about Hardcore Pawn and there are some way crazy people in that town. Btw, it's located on 8 Mile Detroit and from what I understand it's pretty hardcore.

• Like 1

tapirmusic what you don't understand is when conservatives screw something up we do it so good no liberal (no matter how smart they are) can fix it. take the current president for example 5 yrs. and no headway.

Edited by MiskatonicGrad
  • Like 2

You're talking about Hardcore Pawn and there are some way crazy people in that town. Btw, it's located on 8 Mile Detroit and from what I understand it's pretty hardcore.

Yep! That's the show I'm talking about.

But it shows you just how bad things are in Detroit...

Yep! That's the show I'm talking about.

But it shows you just how bad things are in Detroit...

Mm yes, I like a show called Moonshiners and that shows me how everyone who lives in the Appalachians makes moonshine. :rolleyes:

Mm yes, I like a show called Moonshiners and that shows me how everyone who lives in the Appalachians makes moonshine. :rolleyes:

Hey, I have moonshiners in my family....

:)