Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Japanese fishermen discover America?

Big Bad Voodoo

http://ohio-archaeology.blogspot.com/2013/05/did-japanese-fishermen-discover-america.html

During late 1960, Estrada undertook a large excavation at Valdivia, which provided a much bigger sample of pottery from the earliest levels. The following spring, he wrote us a letter with a novel suggestion. He had encountered a report on the Jomon pottery of Japan and observed that many of the techniques and motifs of decoration were similar to those of Valdivia.

• Like 3

Too many building techniques and ones like this shared by the world for it to be a coincidence. I bet ancient man got around more than we think or there really were aliens influencing them.

It seems like every year we get a story about "Did (fill in the blank) discover America?"... Maybe they should ask "Who didn't discover America?"...

• Like 1

It seems like every year we get a story about "Did (fill in the blank) discover America?"... Maybe they should ask "Who didn't discover America?"...

Maybe we should ask did Taun ever heard for historian revisionists and read link. In the end you are in speculative history sub forum. No offence.

Edited by the L

i) The Birth of Civilization - Pearson

www.pearsonhighered.com/assets/hip/us/hip_us.../020583549X.pdf‎

ii ) COMPARING CHINESE AND MESOAMERICAN CALENDAR DATES

http://mysite.verizo...lley1/id18.html

iii) Mesoamerican Subsistence Techniques - CSU, Chico

www.csuchico.edu/~sbrady/355westmeso.pdf

~edit : note "lacquer ware craftsmanship" ... sleeeepy ...

Edited by third_eye

Maybe we should ask did Taun ever heard for historian revisionists and read link. In the end you are in speculative history sub forum. No offence.

No offence taken.. I'm at work and very often links don't work on this computer (blocked)...

Valdivia%20and%20Jomon.jpg

Valdivia left Jomon right

The Valdivia culture was discovered in 1956 by the Ecuadorian archeologist Emilio Estrada. Based on comparison of archeological remains and pottery styles (specifically, the similarity between the Valdivian pottery and the ancient Jōmon culture on the island of Kyūshū, Japan) Estrada, along with the American archaeologist Betty Meggers suggested that a relationship between the people of Ecuador and the people of Japan existed in ancient times. Since then, it has been discovered that people living in the area, and in SW Japan yet uncovered, both have a low rate of a virus not known in other populations, HTLV-1. Part of the theory was that the Japanese had conducted trans-Pacific trade. This theory was controversial...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valdivia_culture

No offence taken.. I'm at work and very often links don't work on this computer (blocked)...

Im glad that you took it with positive stance. You can see similarities in picture I posted.

i) The Birth of Civilization - Pearson

www.pearsonhighered.com/assets/hip/us/hip_us.../020583549X.pdf‎

ii ) COMPARING CHINESE AND MESOAMERICAN CALENDAR DATES

http://mysite.verizo...lley1/id18.html

iii) Mesoamerican Subsistence Techniques - CSU, Chico

www.csuchico.edu/~sbrady/355westmeso.pdf

~edit : note "lacquer ware craftsmanship" ... sleeeepy ...

...you know that calendars are either based on the moon or the sun, right? The two big, giant light-y things in the sky. You may have seen them. Ancient people are no less likely to have.

Just because two cultures happen to pick the same one of the two giant, big shiny things in the sky in no way suggests contact, no more than someone choosing the same candy bar as you in a gas station presupposes deep connection. (Interestingly, his PhD is in Linguistics, a topic conspicuous by its absence in his paper.)

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

...you know that calendars are either based on the moon or the sun, right? The two big, giant light-y things in the sky. You may have seen them. Ancient people are no less likely to have.

Just because two cultures happen to pick the same one of the two giant, big shiny things in the sky in no way suggests contact, no more than someone choosing the same candy bar as you in a gas station presupposes deep connection. (Interestingly, his PhD is in Linguistics, a topic conspicuous by its absence in his paper.)

--Jaylemurph

As apparently as I can barely keep conscious after a long day my friend Jay ...this will have to wait another day ... I am on the verge of collapse ...

~cheers

So what do you think guys, did Jomons sailed to America? Pottery seems very similar.

So Who Discovered America? This documentary investigates several thousand years of history for the evidence

* snip *

Edited by Saru
Video removed due to copyright