Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If God loves me

Mnemonix

~snip

Please Start your " femists defence thread" and discredit the bible teaching with its theology via feminist facebook style pictures..I Dare You. Take the challenge if your so sure of yourselves..I doubt I will have to post a single comment in that thread but certainly will, equality from feminism? Not possible.

I have nothing further to add here but will keep a look out for your Feminism thread (if you dare). take the challenge.I really hope you can give a stimulating and educational read. If you don't start that thread I guess I believed in you more than you do.

Esther and Ruth .... in your good book ....

Seems your bible doesn't know you as well as you believe it does ....

I recommend KAren Armstrong, and a peek at the pages of " The Word According to Eve : Women and the Bible in ANcient Tmes and Our Own" by Cullen Murphy before your start disrespecting your fellow sisters in existence ....

From a woman sin had its beginning, and because of her we all die.

~Ecclesiasticus 25:24

Are you this very woman that you speak of ?

~ 'me' UM forums, thread 'If God loves me' post #102

~edit : not telling

Edited by third_eye

One more thing, I think that "unconditional love" means that uh, "Jesus", or God, would have to love me no matter what religion I choose, or don't choose to believe.

Otherwise it's not really unconditional love, because there's a condition attached.

Or does that mean that God loves me but is still going to throw me in Hell. Doesn't make sense to me.

Just my opinion.

That's kind of what I'm trying to understand in my post, because it's confusing.

Islam and Christianity both say that God is loving or is love, but then he's going to punish countless people in an eternity in hell.

I'm not saying God doesn't exist and I don't want to say bad things about him if he does, but I'm just using the reasoning he gave me. It doesn't make sense either if he gave me this reasoning and didn't intend for me to use it. So I believe he'll forgive me in the end, if he exists.

If not, that's not true love.

The "unconditional love" I'm trying to get across to you is actually an emanation or a radiating power. It engulfs your being. To be around it is like being in Heaven. There's nothing like it on earth, for it has nothing to do with action. It just is.

The Bible clearly states that we, all of us, will face that "unconditional love" presence one day. We will see God on Judgement Day. I really don't believe that God would just send someone to destruction. Again, I was not a practicing Christian when Christ saved me from the Void...but He also didn't automatically send me to paradise.

Have you ever heard someone say that on Judgment Day a person will judge himself? When I was in the Void, I knew deep in my soul that being in that reality was a HUGE mistake, and I didn't deserve the horror of it all. Betrayal came to mind as well. There's so much to say, and I'm finishing a theatre piece...

Like you said: "I don't care if he's just going to let me fade away into the nothingness I once was before I came into existence." Yes, that's a choice, we all have that option, but that's not my style, and I've already proven that to myself in the Void. Don't forget, the soul is not automatically eternal, at least according to the Bible.

Not all of us are cut out to serve or to be a servant -- eternity is forever, after all. Have you ever tried to serve people? Does it go against your class status? Does it go against your culture and lifestyle? In a way, one has to have a new set of thinking or mind to be able to do that. In addition, would you be able to go on knowing that some of your friends and family chose to be destroyed, instead of serving God? Alas, God is brilliant: "For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind" -- Isaiah 65:17.

Have a good day, Mnemonix.

• Like 1

All that lays before us now is of our own creation....

through action or inaction... we all help create the world as it is...

I like the above saying. God did not make the world as we know it today - we did. We are the ones who can make it better for ourselves and all the men and creatures on this third planet from the sun. Faith can help us along the way.

Well, thank you for the input, but I can't help feeling that my questions have been answered. But I also can't say that I didn't learn anything.

Edited by Mnemonix

I think the reason you are not getting an answer is because there is no answer that can explain such an individual issue of religious beliefs and faith. A relationship with God is a deep and personal issue. Nobody here will be able to give you an answer to your questions.

A few people will tell you there is no God and they push their agenda pretty hard. Others will offer alternate religion of various types. Some will offer advice based on their personal religious beliefs. Such is the way of things in this world. The question is what do you believe? Look in your heart and do not despair. From your postings, you are religious. Again, faith is a very personal thing between you and your God. The only answer to your questions must come from within. If you need advice, seek it from a religious leader. If your current religion does not agree with you, study other ones to see if there are alternatives. If you feel depressed to the point of not wanting to live, immediately seek mental health counseling.

• Like 2

If you feel depressed to the point of not wanting to live, immediately seek mental health counseling.

Probably should, felt like that again and again.

• Like 1

Mnemonix-

I'm curious why you believe God has abandoned you? What circumstances have led you to that conclusion?

I'm not just being nosy, and I promise I won't tell you "there are other people who have it worse than you" (or some other self-righteous platitude).

Your responses have been rather vague, making it impossible for anyone to offer specific advice. There are a lot of people on this forum that really do have your best interests at heart (though we will disagree on the remedies).

Everyone here is anonymous, so have it.

God did not make the world as we know it today - we did. We are the ones who can make it better for ourselves and all the men and creatures on this third planet from the sun. Faith can help us along the way.

The only thing missing is Nimrod. Faith in ourselves can help us along the way? Satan is working you overtime and doing a great job.

The only thing missing is Nimrod. Faith in ourselves can help us along the way? Satan is working you overtime and doing a great job.

I do not want to expend too much energy on this.

God did not make the world as we know it today - we did. - God created the world. We (humans) are the ones who are destroying it. The world today is not what God created for us. It is a world we have created without following the message of God.

Faith can help us along the way. - I did not say faith in ourselves as you indicate I said. Faith in God and doing what is right. Belief in ourselves is in no way a negative at all.

Satan is working you overtime and doing a great job. - I personally cannot fathom you making this comment on an open forum where you do not even know me. I don't play on the devil's team. I forgive you though.

Edited by Glenville86

I do not want to expend too much energy on this.

God did not make the world as we know it today - we did. - God created the world. We (humans) are the ones who are destroying it. The world today is not what God created for us. It is a world we have created without following the message of God.

Faith can help us along the way. - I did not say faith in ourselves as you indicate I said. Faith in God and doing what is right. Belief in ourselves is in no way a negative at all.

Satan is working you overtime and doing a great job. - I personally cannot fathom you making this comment on an open forum where you do not even know me. I don't play on the devil's team. I forgive you though.

What's there to forgive? You were being cagey. I'm the one who should forgive you for assuming that I did you wrong. :yes:

I think probably that if "god" exits then he must be very busy I mean he never really answers my prayers but then I think 'well there are so many other people asking and praying to him so it must be hard work'

I think probably that if "god" exits then he must be very busy I mean he never really answers my prayers but then I think 'well there are so many other people asking and praying to him so it must be hard work'

Sure, a being with unlimited power and sees and hears everything with zero effort can be very busy at times.

He created humans, so he should be responsible for us. If he can't handle the responsibility, he should have thought about it before creating us.

Edited by Mnemonix

Sure, a being with unlimited power and sees and hears everything with zero effort can be very busy at times.

Not to mention iron chariots gave him a few problems.

I really hate that hell thing, its not needed at all, and there is no hell. Yeah gods gonna kill you and then send you to a place to burn for all eternity. What the **** is the point of that. Gods not like that once you die your dead.