Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rule Britannia for global crimes

Big Bad Voodoo

If the bill for Britain’s crimes against humanity in Kenya alone runs into tens of millions of pounds, then we can easily multiply that sum manifold if the millions of other victims from across the world who suffered under the British jackboot come forward to claim justice.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/05/08/302485/rule-britannia-for-global-crimes/

Press T.V. 'Press TV takes revolutionary steps as the first Iranian international news network' great source, positively no axe to grind there then.

p.s. read the comments below the 'piece' it's a hoot. Presumably the comments section is only open to Iran party members. :w00t:

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

Errr...okay but still you act like there were no victims from British empire.

Errr...okay but still you act like there were no victims from British empire.

There were many victims from the Roman empire, whats your point?

• Like 5

There were many victims from the Roman empire, whats your point?

As from Nazists so Germany paid their debt.

So question can be raised ( its democracy ,freedom of speech remember?). Does British need to pay compesation?

So question can be raised ( its democracy ,freedom of speech remember?). Does British need to pay compesation?

To whom?

Plus I think you'll find that when a case is brought against them through the due legal process & they lose, the do pay compensation.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

Maybe. I take it China, France, Spain, Portugal, Iran, Egypt, Syria, Russia, Greece, Italy, Venice, America, Norway, Germany, Hungary, Turkey, Denmark, the Netherlands, Mongolia, Sweden, Iraq, Japan, Rome, Uzbekistan and most of the middle east will be paying as well then?

All of these countries have founded empires that have caused a lot of suffering. Can't help feeling either Australia ends up with all the money or they all cancel out. It's history, it's gone. Move on rather than apportioning blame to people long dead.

Just going to draw up a compensation claim for Denmark to pay. You know, because they were obviously responsible for the vikings.

Edited by Setton
  • Like 6

To whom?

Personally Im not expert in international crimes against humanity. Plus if you ask me it would be reasonble that we dont go far in history.

So perhaps South Africa would be my numero uno. China perhaps.

Can't help feeling either Australia ends up with all the money

They'll have to give it all to the Aborigines.

• Like 2

Maybe. I take it China, France, Spain, Portugal, Iran, Egypt, Syria, Russia, Greece, Italy, Venice, America, Norway, Germany, Hungary, Turkey, Denmark, the Netherlands, Mongolia, Sweden, Iraq, Japan, Rome, Uzbekistan and most of the middle east will be paying as well then?

All of these countries have founded empires that have caused a lot of suffering. Can't help feeling either Australia ends up with all the money or they all cancel out. It's history, it's gone. Move on rather than apportioning blame to people long dead.

Im not talking about suffering, racism, slavery for which British empire was well known.

Im talking about attack on another country and stealing their resources.

Second would be for selling drug.

Im not talking about suffering, racism, slavery for which British empire was well known.

didnt attack just stole it

Well, as these things are not really about the money (as those that recieve compensation always say after being given a shed load of dosh) how about all the leaders get together around a big table & take it in turn to apologise to each other for all their countries crimes, followed by a group hug.

p.s. at the bottom of the article... "The views expressed in this article are those of the author and not necessarily those of Press TV."

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

Well, as these things are not really about the money (as those that recieve compensation always say after being given a shed load of dosh) how about all the leaders get together around a big table & take it in turn to apologise to each other for all their countries crimes, followed by a group hug.

Thats a step foward.

So we're focusing on invasion rather than empire building? Excellent. Add most of South America to that list then.

If every country that ever took resources from another has to pay compensation, that's pretty much every country in the world at some point. I reckon we'd probably get very little because we're pretty good at not getting invaded (3 times in history, not bad) but we wouldn't be paying out that much either compared to other countries.

They'll have to give it all to the Aborigines.

Yep. And the few Native Americans left. As far as I know, those are the only two nations that never invaded another.

• Like 1

So we're focusing on invasion rather than empire building? Excellent. Add most of South America to that list then.

If every country that ever took resources from another has to pay compensation, that's pretty much every country in the world at some point. I reckon we'd probably get very little because we're pretty good at not getting invaded (3 times in history, not bad) but we wouldn't be paying out that much either compared to other countries.

Yep. And the few Native Americans left. As far as I know, those are the only two nations that never invaded another.

Can you name those three times. Im just curious.

Can you name those three times. Im just curious.

Actually that is an interesting question: I would suggest the Romans, and the Norsemen (1066 and all that). Cant really think of a third one because the Vikings tended to invade a small area and hold it just long enough to engage in a bit of rape and pillage. Their have been various attempts to Usurp the throne, but that does not really count I think. The Spanish tried it but ended up with a monumental FAIL (thanks to the British weather really)

• Like 1

And how many times did British attacked others? lets say from 1800...

Edited by the L

Actually that is an interesting question: I would suggest the Romans, and the Norsemen (1066 and all that). Cant really think of a third one because the Vikings tended to invade a small area and hold it just long enough to engage in a bit of rape and pillage. Their have been various attempts to Usurp the throne, but that does not really count I think. The Spanish tried it but ended up with a monumental FAIL (thanks to the British weather really)

Just up there. Anglo-Saxons :) Somewhere between conquest and settlement really.

Must have posted while you were typing.

As an aside, the Danes (vikings to most) invaded and held five (I think) of the seven English kingdoms for a number of years. Settled properly too (that's why they're referred to as Danes not vikings. Viking comes from the word vike meaning to raid :) )

And how many did British attacked others?

Several but that's not the same question.

If you're trying to decide who's worst off, the only question to compare is 'How many times was [country] invaded?'

If you're trying to decide who's most to blame, the question is 'How many countries has [country] invaded?'

Which would you like to ask? I'll tell you now, my history's better on the first one.

Edited by Setton

I would just add that Dutch gave British one of their greatest defeats. de Ruyter and Raid on the Medway.

If you're trying to decide who's worst off, the only question to compare is 'How many times was [country] invaded?'

If you're trying to decide who's most to blame, the question is 'How many countries has [country] invaded?'

Which would you like to ask? I'll tell you now, my history's better on the first one.

Because thats not how they teach you in schools.

British empire was great for many things. But also was awful for many others thing.

Because of British far east see us (Europe) as barbarians imperialists.

What British done in todays South Africa can be compared with regime such as Pol Pot, Hitler and similar. Imho.

• Like 1

And how many times did British attacked others? lets say from 1800...

You got me to doing some InterWeb searching and I came across this from the Daily Telegraph showing the 21 (out of 22) countries NOT invaded at some point by Britain (Invasion is a bit strong because it includes Privateering raids sanctioned by the Crown or Govt.

Link to complete article (Courtesy Daily Telegraph): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/9653497/British-have-invaded-nine-out-of-ten-countries-so-look-out-Luxembourg.html

BRITAIN_2388153b.jpg