Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wellington Market Ghost

Brian Topp

Gotta love how the time stamp disappears and the lighting jumps slightly, and the boxes are suddenly hanging half out and falling, all on the same frame.

Hmm. what could it possibly mean?

:o Ghosts are editing cctv recordings! Horrible. Horrible and terrifying.

• Like 2

If He or She was a smart ghost, they would hang out in the liquor aisle, and spend the "afterlife" getting p***ed(drunk here in America, like your(British)word better).

Edited by ancient astronaut

I watched that several times and can't see any "dark figure" climbing the stairs.

And as others have noted, the time-stamp is all screwed up. Just before the stuff falls, it jumps backwards a few seconds and then disappears entirely.

• Like 1

And how does a ghost move objects? Not saying it isn't possible, but how? Or is that just one of the great mysteries of this universe...

With willpower maybe. Tulpa effect reversed? But considering how few cases of humans and ghosts moving objects in that manner there are, it's not the most probable explanation of there's a possibility it's something else.

By looking at the way the stock was dangerously stacked precariously near a stairwell,without a protective barrier,& the rubbish around the place,this is obviously a blatantly neglectful Occupational Health & Safety issue.They should be fined for breaking the rules.Failure to comply with safety regulations!That was a near miss incident on a stairwell where traffic flows.If staff or customers had been there,there would have been injuries & cause for litigation.Yes,this is definitely going to work against them now!Proof on video!! Someone do something now!!

Edited by GirlfromOz

I can see some very slight distortion on the stairs prior to the boxes falling but nothing that looks like a figure.

As we can barely even see the boxes until they start to fall there's no way to tell from the video what has knocked them over.

• Like 1

It's a god damn RAT! look closely..

EDIT: And why the hell would a ghost bother knocking boxes down? There's nobody there for it to impress ;P

Edited by b0wn

Didn't see no rat, though it might've been. Even pet rats are stronger than they look like, wild rats even more so. Saw only one little movement in that side of the view so can't say. The staircase's shadows changed a bit, I wonder what caused that. The lower staircase's at least.

Footage seems to be a bit choppy. :unsure2:

considering there was almost certainly a cut, I'm guessing what they took out was a cat.

Actually the thing that I did found a little intriguing-

The timestamp disappears at 0:27, and the boxes are suddenly half falling.

But, if you're savvy enough to know that a jumping timestamp is going to show you up- then why would you remove it altogether and be even more blatant? That's the real mystery here! ^_^

• Like 1

Man, this is some pretty lame stuff. This and Crisb's story^^^ :whistle:

You sound pretty lame yourself.. Most of you have never experienced anything paranormal in your lives. So, why don't you tell this to my grandkids, one's 8, one's 5, and one's 15. Until you have, please do not call us lame and wrong. Hoiw do you know that it isn't you. Just because you don't believe, doesn't mean that some have not. Lame for you, yes, lame for us, definitely not. I can tell you other expereinces if you like. This wasn't the first one.

crisb

To Mesuma;

Yes, this story may be lame to you and others because most of you have never experienced a paranormal experience in your lives. Which is okay. However, those of us would not call my story or anyone else's experiences lame. Tell that to my grandchildren, one's 8, one's 5, and one's 15. They have all expereinced something. So has my daughter. But, we don't expect anyone to believe us. If you don't believe that's your problem, not mine. I can give you countless "stories" if you like. How about one that had to do at a hospice where my mother was dying. I asked a nurse if she felt anything unusual in my mother's room. She asked "as in more people than are actually here/" I answered yes but there was no one in her room at the time but myself and the nurse. Do you know what she said to me "I feel them all of the time when someone is close to death." Is that lame too. Maybe it's you that's lame and a closed mind at that.

crisb

Edited by crisb
  • Like 1

So, you poor people that don't believe all I can say is good for you.

With condescending talk like that, are you surprised people aren't welcoming to what you have to say?

I thought your story was interesting, but that bit annoyed me too. Why do people who think of themselves as 'believers' feel the need to defend every single claim of paranormal activity, regardless of its merit? and anyone who suggests it's a hoax is a poor fool.

If I told you someone tried to sell me a fake piece of jewellery, would you feel the need to argue for the existence of gold, and then suggest I was an idiot for not believing the jewellery was real?

Dear oh dear.

Edited by Ad hoc
  • Like 1

Funny ,I was by the Reading Terminal Market in Philadelphia on Tuesday.

Lots of history over there.

Ben Franklin lived up a few blocks from it. Started a post office there,and his personal privy is still on display ....

Been there many times before,but this time,I parked in an all night garage there.It's just above the market .

I was on level 3 ,all alone ,and I as I walked to the elevators ,during the day mind you ,I saw ...something in my peripheral vision ,and I whipped my head around ,and there was nothing there.....

I was a little creeped out walking to my car alone at 2am ....

I think the French Market in New Orleans has incidents too . Maybe markets are just all haunted .

:lol:

With condescending talk like that, are you surprised people aren't welcoming to what you have to say?

I thought your story was interesting, but that bit annoyed me too. Why do people who think of themselves as 'believers' feel the need to defend every single claim of paranormal activity, regardless of its merit? and anyone who suggests it's a hoax is a poor fool.

If I told you someone tried to sell me a fake piece of jewellery, would you feel the need to argue for the existence of gold, and then suggest I was an idiot for not believing the jewellery was real?

Dear oh dear.

Most of us don't defend every alleged paranormal event ,but do take offense when ones we have personally been witness too,are mocked.

It's not as if people who continually poo poo the paranormal,stop when someone claims it actually happened to them personally .

Dear OHHHHHH dear .

Most of us don't defend every alleged paranormal event ,but do take offense when ones we have personally been witness too,are mocked.

It's not as if people who continually poo poo the paranormal,stop when someone claims it actually happened to them personally .

Dear OHHHHHH dear .

Thing is, when you go in at square one with a condescending attitude, that's all you're going to get back. You've set the tone.

And- sure, most probably don't defend every event, but there are more than enough who just respond to these claims with a generalized 'I am a believer, and if you're not, more fool you' and a bunch of random anecdotes.

I used to consider myself a believer, once, but I decided being 'open minded' is kinda not about going in with your mind made up.

Thing is, when you go in at square one with a condescending attitude, that's all you're going to get back. You've set the tone.

And- sure, most probably don't defend every event, but there are more than enough who just respond to these claims with a generalized 'I am a believer, and if you're not, more fool you' and a bunch of random anecdotes.

I used to consider myself a believer, once, but I decided being 'open minded' is kinda not about going in with your mind made up.

I think chrisb was unhappy with their personal experience being disparaged ,and it just went from there .

Just a live and let live atmosphere was lacking ,and they responded in kind . I don't think it was you who set it in motion .

I think chrisb was unhappy with their personal experience being disparaged ,and it just went from there .

Just a live and let live atmosphere was lacking ,and they responded in kind . I don't think it was you who set it in motion .

I can understand people getting irritated with the glib dismissals around here and being preemptively defensive.

I do sometimes wonder why there are so many people who have everything figured out on a site called 'unexplained mysteries' :unsure2:

• Like 1

Dear oh dear.

Maybe because you're rarely being polite about questioning other people, often you see some sort of remark or "humor" added, more or less obvious ways. Not meaning you personally Ad hoc. There's already a lot of condescending tones from sceptic side.

Classic, *Claps*

What is this if not condescending?

Edited by Mikko-kun

Maybe because you're rarely being polite about questioning other people, often you see some sort of remark or "humor" added, more or less obvious ways. Not meaning you personally Ad hoc. There's already a lot of condescending tones from sceptic side.

What is this if not condescending?

You've got me seeing condescension everywhere, now :lol:

I see condescending people

walking around like regular people.

lets see what other tired cliche's I can pull out...

Oh, now I'm doing it to myself. :mellow:

Let's keep it friendly please - there should be no need for condescension from anyone.

No, as a skeptic I posted this. The fact some people get offended when skeptics say that there is no real evidence then boxes falling a. Then you get ones who take it personal because "they had an experience".

• Like 1

What about condensation? Can we have that?