Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trail Camera Pictures

Sakari

Wild turkey. Did a lot of low crawling and received several ticks to sneak up on this guy.

post-41803-0-59800800-1369589733_thumb.j

• Like 1

A hawk of some kind. I saw these guys repeatedly catching something in mid air. They did not seem to be interested in anything (squirrels, rabbits) on the ground.

post-41803-0-73566300-1369590332_thumb.j

• Like 1

The cardinal, love these guys. Never see them west of the Rockies.

post-41803-0-69980000-1369590635_thumb.j

Edited by evancj
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help sakari. I'll check out that website.

Anytime....

All of those birds are on either one.

Awesome pics as usual... :tu:

Beautiful! Recognized the buntings. They are one of my favorite NA birds. I've yet to see a painted one in the wild, but now that I live in it's range I'll have to be more observant. I caught sight of an Indigo once, you can't miss that blue!

We see armadillos here too. Dead along the roads.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To prove to the armadillo it could be done!

We loved our eastern bluebirds (being an Eastener) and several family members had bluebird boxes specifically designed for them to nest in. They are less and less common I believe though.

Edited by QuiteContrary

post-126843-0-22293800-1369597167_thumb.

He was taking a swim in our pool today. I would say it's a tiny Texas Brown snake but you can see it has no patterning and it didn't act like our Texas Browns. I've encountered them before. They like to play like they are venomous and coil up and strike at you, fiesty buggars. This one was not aggressive. I'm no herp, so I'll have to do some digging to identify what it is. Talk about a moving subject though!

* Possible: rough earth snake http://www.birdsandherps.com/bvsnakes/vstriatula.html

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

He was taking a swim in our pool today. I would say it's a tiny Texas Brown snake but you can see it has no patterning and it didn't act like our Texas Browns. I've encountered them before. They like to play like they are venomous and coil up and strike at you, fiesty buggars. This one was not aggressive. I'm no herp, so I'll have to do some digging to identify what it is. Talk about a moving subject though!

* Possible: rough earth snake http://www.birdsandh...vstriatula.html

You have a pool?......When is the pool party?

We used to have a Boa, gave her away when we moved, she was passed 6 feet at that point.

• Like 1

Looks like a rough earth snake to me too...

I found this....

http://www.texassnak.../RoughEarth.htm

http://en.wikipedia....ginia_striatula

I've never heard of this snake before.... Cool!

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

You have a pool?......When is the pool party?

We used to have a Boa, gave her away when we moved, she was passed 6 feet at that point.

Yep, H is half fish. Pool party time is a n y t i m e !!! Water is in the 90's. Come ooon doowwn! Just give us a heads up so we can clear out the snakes. Just kidding. They're fun to swim with.

My best friend had a boa when we were growing up. It was so cute. I remember always finding it in the bathtub. It wasn't very big though.

Here is a chipmunk that has been visiting us.

Not sure what kind it is. Apparently there is 6 kinds of chipmunk in Oregon, but only 1 or 2 that live on the south west side of the Metro area.

post-26883-0-59442400-1370208215_thumb.j

The little beggar has been digging around in my potted vegetables.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

Not sure what kind it is. Apparently there is 6 kinds of chipmunk in Oregon, but only 1 or 2 that live on the south west side of the Metro area.

Thanks Die !

Hey, I heard ( I know I could just google it and have the answer before I hit reply ) flying squirrels live in Oregon......Ever seen one?

Ok, ever see one?.....I want to.

Northern flying squirrel

The northern flying squirrel (

Glaucomys

sabrinus

) is the most distinctive of all

Oregon’s squirrels, but because it is

nocturnal, it is seldom seen. Contrary to its

common name, this species doesn’t actually

fly, instead skin folds that extend from

foreleg to hind leg allow it to glide from tree

to tree. This adaptation requires the species

to live in heavily forested areas. They are

rarely found in open or fragmented habitats

or urban environments. West of the Cascades, flying squirrels have dark

brown fur; eastern varieties are lighter brown in color. The bulk of their

diet consists of fungi and lichens, but they also eat seeds, nuts, insects,

bird eggs and nestlings and conifer cones. Twelve inches or less in length,

they produce only a single litter each year.

Edited by Sakari

Nope. I've never seen one, but supposedly they do live in Coos County and Douglas County, so going out and looking for them should be possible.

Looks like I'm going to Bandon again this year for 4th of July to visit with the Extended Family. Love that area.

Nope. I've never seen one, but supposedly they do live in Coos County and Douglas County, so going out and looking for them should be possible.

Looks like I'm going to Bandon again this year for 4th of July to visit with the Extended Family. Love that area.

We should have a beer!

@ McFarlins.....It is right at the boardwalk.

Edited by Sakari

• 4 weeks later...

Somewhere, back on this thread, I have a pic of a Fawn and a Fox......That was last year......This was 5 minutes ago....

post-92206-0-33246600-1372387621_thumb.j

• Like 3

Love it! You may have caught them when younger? That is a great find, Sakari. Wonder why they hang out together?

I must have missed this one. Snakes are cool. Thanks for the photo QC.

Looks like a chipmunk. Cute little guy ain't he.

Somewhere, back on this thread, I have a pic of a Fawn and a Fox......That was last year......This was 5 minutes ago....

post-92206-0-33246600-1372387621_thumb.j

Great shot Sakari. Looks like they enjoy each others company. Post more if you get the chance.