Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An ancient Ainu man found in wacoTX cave

Brazos Paranormal

Which Ancient Ainu man are you talking about???? in the video???

There is nothing in the video about any 10,000 years old ancient Ainu man.

Are you talking about The Kennewick Man??

One request - When you post something in the forum, at least write a few lines to explain what your post is about.

You have posted 2 videos. None of them have anything in it which is remotely even connected with any ancient man.

Watching a waterfall or an arrowhead doesn't stimulate discussion.

• Like 4

Exciting news to me , cause i'd never heard of it..(or forgot) .. I didn't watch the videos... But I did find this .. ( from University of Texas )

http://www.texasbeyo...rn/burials.html

Face from the Past

Because of the rarity of Paleoindian skeletal remains, little is known about the physical characteristics of earliest peoples. A number of features, however, suggest that Horn Shelter man derives from different ancestry from modern Native Americans. His long, narrow skull and relatively short face more closely resemble the Ainu of Japan, who are known to carry European traits, rather than the more round skulls, broad faces, and pronounced features represented in some modern Native American populations.

post-86645-0-30216900-1366852072_thumb.j

• Like 2

I thought it was pretty well known that Ainu type peoples traveled into the Americas with the ancestors of the modern Native Americans? Like Spartan said Kenniwick man is a good example, but I've read about several other skeletons found that were very Ainu like.

The Ainu very well could be decended from the same people who traveled into the Americas, as the Jomon culture that predates the current Japanese people goes as far back as 16,000 years.

Thank you lightly.

i couldn't make head or tales from the two videos.

Your Welcome Spartan, it just peeked my curiosity ... I'm interested in the coastal immigration (Pacific&Atlantic) ideas for helping to people the Americas.

Yup DieCHecker, and your reminding me of the Jomon style pottery found in Ecuador ...

Your Welcome Spartan, it just peeked my curiosity ... I'm interested in the coastal immigration (Pacific&Atlantic) ideas for helping to people the Americas.

Yup DieCHecker, and your reminding me of the Jomon style pottery found in Ecuador ...

They may even have come from further away:

http://shinku.nichibun.ac.jp/jpub/pdf/jr/JN1902.pdf

Sundaland.

• Like 1

And they had a good reason to go on the move: their country was getting flooded fast after the end of the last ice age.

Ya, interesting Abramelin. I always imagine their earliest water craft to be two bundles of bamboo lashed together, with a platform on top.. and soon, a sail. Much easier than chopping or burning out a canoe from a huge log..

From your pdf :

Sundaland had some glaciers in the highlands, but would generally have been a rela- tively warm environment even during the Ice Ages, albeit with less tropical and subtropical mountain forests in the upland areas than at present, but overall larger areas of monsoon tropical forest and large expanses of savannah grassland vegetation on the coastal plains that were later submerged.5� Thus Sundaland could have supported a relatively large and dense population. With such rapid rise in sea level, however, Sundaland lost more than half its land area, an area “the size of India.”60 The loss of productive lowland would have been so rapid that whole communities would have had to shift to new land or adapt to a marine way of life in order to survive. Oppenheimer deduces that Sundaland was a heartland of Neolithic migration in response to this “flooding.”

And this :

Either way, the point here is that the inhabitants of Sunda–Sahul had already accumulated some 25,000 years of seafaring expertise before the end of the Pleis- tocene, and were by no means novice sailors by the time the Sunda shelf was inundated.

When you study the time scales i involved it starts to become clear that there need be no mass migration, especially if we are talking about a land bridge crossing or simply following the coast while fishing.

In 3,000 years all a people has to do is travel and spread 100 miles in an entire generation or lifetime of 50 years to cover 6,000 miles worth of migration. Hunter gathers following animals could easily cover much more than this in a generation. It was probably simply their day to day activitities that brought them to the America's as opposed to to expedition style image that most people have of early people arriving in the early Americas.

This is imortant to note, because the technology used to facilitate this need be no more than very simple day to day tools, and not any kind of mass undertakeings.

• Like 1

When you study the time scales i involved it starts to become clear that there need be no mass migration, especially if we are talking about a land bridge crossing or simply following the coast while fishing.

In 3,000 years all a people has to do is travel and spread 100 miles in an entire generation or lifetime of 50 years to cover 6,000 miles worth of migration. Hunter gathers following animals could easily cover much more than this in a generation. It was probably simply their day to day activitities that brought them to the America's as opposed to to expedition style image that most people have of early people arriving in the early Americas.

This is imortant to note, because the technology used to facilitate this need be no more than very simple day to day tools, and not any kind of mass undertakeings.

Very true. Even today, you can go from Siberia to Alaska without ever getting more than twenty-five miles from land.

And they had a good reason to go on the move: their country was getting flooded fast after the end of the last ice age.

Such moves were likely made even earlier:

Most researchers have believed that Homo erectus lacked the social and linguistic skills to pilot the deep, fast-moving waters that separate most Asian and Australian faunas, but in this week's issue of Nature, an international team presents new dates for stone tools from the Indonesian island of Flores that confirm H. erectus's presence there 800,000 years ago.

Though part of the Sunda Shelf, Flores is thought to have always been an island and, given the swift currents (even swifter when there was more land in the way,) it is unlikely that numbers of H.Erectus swam there.

Harte

Google is a powerful resource . There is also a Nolan shelter close to Blum TX , it has not been excavated yet .The Horn shelter man was probably a world traveler , he had a turtle shell that they said came from lousiana . Also he had many artifacts from all over .The fact a man was buried in a tomb by large slabs of stone in texas is an eye opener. Seems like the Brazos at one time was a mile wide and rainfull was three times what it is now . This tells me the brazos was a highway consider Clovis New Mexico is were it starts . And also so the Stevenson man and the Clovis people ,all ancient discoveries .

The Horn shelter man was probably a world traveler , he had a turtle shell that they said came from lousiana . Also he had many artifacts from all over.

Or that he managed to trade items.

• 2 weeks later...

What I meant was the Brazos river begins in clovis, new mexico. Where the clovis people where found , they were some of the oldest known peoples of America. Also this man was found about three hundred miles down from clovis in Waco on the same river. Then also 150 miles down from clovis they found the Stevenson man on the brazos too. So all these finding were dated back to same time on the same river . It was the meca of cilvilization at the time and I want to go back and see what else can be found.

When i hear the name Brazos, the first thing that comes to mind is about the author of two books i read and liked very much - Lloyd Tackitt - A Distant Eden and Adrian's War.

Both novels read like a combination of survival manuals and fiction. Good reads for me.

I hadn't heard of this before at all.It's not well known. I personally believe that our ancestors traveled quite a bit,and traded with various peoples which is how Horn Shelter Man wound up with the items found with him.However God forbid somebody might suggest that some of the Aztecs could have moved into Texas or New Mexico,or that europeans besides the Vikings came to North America or that the chinese could have come here to the west coast,and so on.Acedemia is ready to hang anyone who doesn't follow the party line .

I hadn't heard of this before at all.It's not well known. I personally believe that our ancestors traveled quite a bit,and traded with various peoples which is how Horn Shelter Man wound up with the items found with him.However God forbid somebody might suggest that some of the Aztecs could have moved into Texas or New Mexico,or that europeans besides the Vikings came to North America or that the chinese could have come here to the west coast,and so on.Acedemia is ready to hang anyone who doesn't follow the party line .

...and your extensive personal experience with professional historians bears this out, does it?

--Jaylemurph

I hadn't heard of this before at all.It's not well known. I personally believe that our ancestors traveled quite a bit,and traded with various peoples which is how Horn Shelter Man wound up with the items found with him.However God forbid somebody might suggest that some of the Aztecs could have moved into Texas or New Mexico,

It appears that the Aztecs may have come from what is now the U.S., and not moved into it.

or that europeans besides the Vikings came to North America or that the chinese could have come here to the west coast,and so on.Acedemia is ready to hang anyone who doesn't follow the party line .

Bullsheet.

Plenty of academics are following that line. No so much the Chinese one, though. More like Polynesian.

There's no evidence for any Chinese incursions, though there wouldn't be much anyway for simple incursions.

There's no evidence for any European one either, with the same caveat.

Harte

It appears that the Aztecs may have come from what is now the U.S., and not moved into it.

Bullsheet.

Plenty of academics are following that line. No so much the Chinese one, though. More like Polynesian.

There's no evidence for any Chinese incursions, though there wouldn't be much anyway for simple incursions.

There's no evidence for any European one either, with the same caveat.

Harte

There have been ancient Chinese anchors found off the California coast, but I've always assumed that they were brought as ballest in early trading ships holds... In near modern times, not in ancient times.

But, the fringies always neglect to mention the whole context of where/when/how an artifact is found and focus only on that it was found. If I buy a 12th century sword and bury it 12 feet down in the woods. Then "accidentally" discover it, it does not mean that 12th century englishmen were in Oregon.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

There have been ancient Chinese anchors found off the California coast, but I've always assumed that they were brought as ballest in early trading ships holds... In near modern times, not in ancient times.

Ancient style.

There was quite a population of Chinese fishermen living in that part of California in modern times. If the anchors came from China, that would indicate nothing more than that the Chinese fishermen brought their boats when they moved here.

IOW, there's no way to date those anchors.

Harte

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On unearthing America on history channel . They found a tombstone of a guys name died 1113 Ad in an Arizona cave. It was carved in old English. They researched found out this guy owned a tavern in Great Britian .He traveled all the way over from England in the 12 century.And they have also found the remains of an old roman legion in mississsipi .

On unearthing America on history channel . They found a tombstone of a guys name died 1113 Ad in an Arizona cave. It was carved in old English. They researched found out this guy owned a tavern in Great Britian .He traveled all the way over from England in the 12 century.And they have also found the remains of an old roman legion in mississsipi .

Well, there's the first clue somebody's scamming you. Very few people would have been speaking Old English in the 12th Century. After the Norman invasion of 1066, the elite (and anybody who warranted an actual tombstone) would have been speaking and writing in Old French. Everyone else would be well on the way to speaking Middle English.

--Jaylemurph