Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Astronaut Theory

Neem

Not one of you has presented a single relative arguement, only thrown out insults and put me down for generalizing. Even though its perfectly understandable when some one generalizes... I'd bet a considerable amount of money that I'm the only one in the room thats read the bible multiple times and am working on a book describing the connection.

All you can do is insult and discredit me by putting down things that have nothing to do with the subject.. Are you going to say I'm wrong because I made a "typo" next.

I would also like to bring up another arguement that rests on that things you all have such a hard time with... the majority.

The majority of humans are very dumb, yet full of confidence in their intellect... in a room we have 4 or 5 humans picking on a single humans idea... by the laws of the stupidity majority percentage... I'm most likely the smart one with the right arguement.

It would be a mathematical impossibility that it were the other way around...

Every single on of you have the classic sickness... If it proves me wrong it must be fake!

Its actually a psychological disease that infects the infantile majority (you).

Sadly there is no known cure except self discovery and acceptance of ones social brainwashing. Then the fight may begin

Not only does the evidence prove me to be correct but the very nature that I'm being bombarded with idiotic comments and accused of lying and presenting fake evidence shows an occurence that has been happening since the beginning of time.

A small group discovers something amazing and has to fight against the large group of idiots to get it accepted....

Examples...

There is in fact something beyond the shores.

earth is not flat.

earth is not the center of the universe.

the sun is not the center of the universe.

A supernatural being did not create everything in 6 days and 7 nights and start humanity with 2 white people in the jungle.

Our presence does in fact harm the planet...

I could go on for hours (but I have to go to work)

But what REALLY shows how stupid you all are is your lack of curiousity.

You are the first men that ganged up on the one that wanted to build a boat an go see if theres anything or anyone else out there and made him feel stupid.

You are the men that burned the first scientists to suggest there was such a thing as a universe.

Again, you should all be ashmed of yourselves, as you don't deserve natures gift of conciousness.

Just as I thought.. you people have nothing. I wouldn't matter what "facts" I come up with, just like the artifacts, you would all just say its fake.

That video was a test... my point has been proven. Now ofcourse I don't expect the rats in the maze (you) to know theyre being tested though.

Yes, a test. And you failed.

Btw, did you believe Nassim Haramein when he said a planet twice the size of Jupiter had entered our solar system? I guess the answer is "Yes", right?

• Like 1

Not one of you has presented a single relative arguement, only thrown out insults and put me down for generalizing...

Tit for tat. You've just described your own approach thus far. Bandying about generalizations and opinions is not the framework for a productive or useful argument, nor is insulting other posters. You're as guilty of this as anyone. And tossing out comments like most of humanity is stupid, strikes me not only as uninformed but grossly arrogant. You do not speak for the population of this planet.

You've been repeatedly asked for evidence. Not opinions or assumptions but specific evidence. It's a perfectly reasonable request. To this point you have not supported your own argument. I would suggest it is now time to step up to the challenge or to back off, because right now this line of discussion is rather counter-productive for all concerned.

• Like 2

The artifacts in question have not been described archaeologically. They are not discussed in the video in an archaeological context. They are not consistent which any of the cultures they are ascribed to and actually contain mixed imagery from unrelated cultures. The alleged ufo imagery itself and it's interpretation is questionable in it's similarity to popular depictions in the literature. They are associated with an individual linked to other questionable artifacts with inaccurate claims. Any one of these is reason to be suspicious of them. Taken together, they do not instil confidence in their authenticity.

• Like 1

The artifacts in question have not been described archaeologically. They are not discussed in the video in an archaeological context. They are not consistent which any of the cultures they are ascribed to and actually contain mixed imagery from unrelated cultures. The alleged ufo imagery itself and it's interpretation is questionable in it's similarity to popular depictions in the literature. They are associated with an individual linked to other questionable artifacts with inaccurate claims. Any one of these is reason to be suspicious of them. Taken together, they do not instil confidence in their authenticity.

Theres a much longer video with alot more information... Just didn't want people to get bored so I posted a short version. Especially since they probably only watched a minute or two.. if that.

Yes, a test. And you failed.

Btw, did you believe Nassim Haramein when he said a planet twice the size of Jupiter had entered our solar system? I guess the answer is "Yes", right?

I already stated that I know alot of the ancient astronaut occurance information is (grand) speculation. Its a fact that people tend to over exaggerate and run wild with theories based on a shred of evidence.. ofcourse, we humans do that with almost everything.

Thats how the majority of our history books were written. By men with limited funding, wildly inferior technology, no way of testing their findings, who basically just made educated guesses.

Again... all any of you can do is mock me and say spew nonsense that in no way disputes my claims. I ask myself why?

The answer is because you cannot... Some of you are obviously somewhat intelligent, so why not debate the things I have to say? Like I said earlier, its like when a weak minded person results to violence out of frustration and anger towards their own stupidity.

The last few pages of this thread could be used as a perfect example in a psych paper or book of some kind.

Also the fact that here, the masses (ignorant) vs the few (intelligent) wage a war on reason... the masses have never in history been correct, as the masses are less intelligent than the few.

Tell you what. Let's assume that a large majority of cultures have gods coming down and ascending into the sky. Some of these cultures, most, probably, would have gotten these beliefs from previous cultures, right? So it wouldn't be surprising that there are a lot with similar beliefs, would it?

In Mesopotamia (where much, if not all, of Biblical mythology has its roots,) the concept of gods coming from the sky developed later. Originally, the sky was a god (in Sumer, the chief god, Anu.) Later, the gods lived on a mountaintop. There was no "heaven," it was just where the gods lived. This mountaintop theme carried on into Greece almost in whole cloth. In the Levant, the theme remained, but the gods didn't actually live on the mountaintop anymore, it was just where you went to talk to them. This is when the gods (in that part of the world) began to take residency in some region in the sky.

There are other reasons besides ets to have your nonexistent gods, creators, demons or whatever come from the sky.

Since the dawn of intelligence the sky has been an amazing and magical thing. Patterns in the sky will tell you the future. That's a cold fact. If you know what you are doing, you can say how many days until the Nile floods, for example, and hit it on the nose, or within a few days.

The coming of the next season is predicted by patterns in the sky as well.

Fantastic things appear in the sky, fireballs, comets, huge booms, etc.

The sky has lightning and thunder, tornadoes, rainbows, the Moon. Get it?

If you can't explain something as a hunter gatherer, then it must be supernatural.

This is a better reason for gods to come from the sky that your ET assertions.

You should try the search function here. Especially if you ever find the time to do some "research" (LOL) to find some evidence for ancient ETs. I seriously doubt you can find a single thing that hasn't at least been discussed here tens of times if not hundreds, some of it thousands.

If you were to choose to present something in the future, other than a tiresome proclamation of the superiority of your cognitive skills versus the rest of the world (or a ridiculous youtube vid made by a well-known fraud,) I would strongly suggest you look that bit of evidence up right here at U-M. It's very likely that it has been discussed, and even more likely that you'll learn something about it yourself.

And best of all, it could help keep you from looking more foolish by presenting us with some fluff that we've already chewed up and spit back out.

Harte

Exactly... The video proves you all wrong so it was made by a fraud...

Thats all ANYONE can ever say about the ancient astronaut theory. Everything surround it is fake.

That is because there is no arguement against it. You all just continue to prove my point, just like the billions that worship their gods (extra terrestrials) to this day.

You know the whole "its fake, its fake" routine is exactly what most christians will cry when presented with fossils and the proof of our evolution.

As humans, when we don't want to believe something, we write it off as coincidence, or being faked, as that solves everything. Then we can continue our lives in false confidence with our beliefs in tact, as you all do every day.

Don't you realize that the very theme of history is humanity constantly finding out and wrong and young we are. Like I keep saying, you are all as your ancestors that refuted the earth being round, then the fact that earth wasn't the middle of the universe.

Your way of thought process spawned the men that refused to look through the first telescope because it was black magic. Im sure afew of them just yelled "FAKE" and walked away too.

I guess now the Mexican government is continuing on ancient mans grand collective hoax....

You know ... even though the ancients involved had no contact, or knowledge of eachothers existence..

Theyre probably all fake anyway. Just like the dinosaur bones

Edited by Questfortruth

Thats all ANYONE can ever say about the ancient astronaut theory. Everything surround it is fake.

Is nothing fake?

Do you believe that this is a mermaid?

Picture-1.png

That is because there is no arguement against it. You all just continue to prove my point, just like the billions that worship their gods (extra terrestrials) to this day.

Why should someone make an argument against the fraud in your vid, when there is no argument made in favor of it?

Again, he's well-known as one who creates fraud. He does it for money (obviously) and he depends on ignorance such as yours to make a living.

You know the whole "its fake, its fake" routine is exactly what most christians will cry when presented with fossils and the proof of our evolution.

On the other hand, the vid presents a fake artifact. So what are we to do? Believe it anyway because of what some fundies think about fossils?

As humans, when we don't want to believe something, we write it off as coincidence, or being faked, as that solves everything. Then we can continue our lives in false confidence with our beliefs in tact, as you all do every day.

You underestimate us here at U-M. I have yet to see anything called a fake without reason.

Just because you are either too lazy or lack the cognitive skills to look closely at the facts, that does not mean that everybody else has not.

Personally, I've reviewed the facts concerning hundreds of claims of evidence for ETs in antiquity. I've yet to see a single thing that can't be explained by more mundane means. Obviously, this sort of investigation takes more work, and more intelligence, than you appear able to muster.

Don't you realize that the very theme of history is humanity constantly finding out and wrong and young we are. Like I keep saying, you are all as your ancestors that refuted the earth being round, then the fact that earth wasn't the middle of the universe.

Until observation techniques were advanced enough, there was no reason to believe that the Earth was not at the center. Regarding the flat Earth, your own ignorance is showing (again) there, since no such consensus of a flat Earth has existed since the Greeks discovered it was a sphere, despite what simplistic grade-school level of information you decided to swallow:

The myth of the Flat Earth is the modern misconception that the prevailing cosmological view during the Middle Ages saw the Earth as flat, instead of spherical. The idea seems to have been widespread during the first half of the 20th century, so that the Members of the Historical Association in 1945 stated that:

"The idea that educated men at the time of Columbus believed that the earth was flat, and that this belief was one of the obstacles to be overcome by Columbus before he could get his project sanctioned, remains one of the hardiest errors in teaching."

During the early Middle Ages, virtually all scholars maintained the spherical viewpoint first expressed by the Ancient Greeks. From at least the 14th century, belief in a flat earth among the educated was nearly nonexistent, in spite of fanciful depictions in art, such as the exterior of Hieronymus Bosch's famous triptych The Garden of Earthly Delights, in which a disc-shaped earth is shown floating inside a transparent sphere.

According to Stephen Jay Gould, "there never was a period of 'flat earth darkness' among scholars (regardless of how the public at large may have conceptualized our planet both then and now). Greek knowledge of sphericity never faded, and all major medieval scholars accepted the earth's roundness as an established fact of cosmology." Historians of science David Lindberg and Ronald Numbers point out that "there was scarcely a Christian scholar of the Middle Ages who did not acknowledge [Earth's] sphericity and even know its approximate circumference".

Historian Jeffrey Burton Russell says the flat earth error flourished most between 1870 and 1920, and had to do with the ideological setting created by struggles over evolution. Russell claims "with extraordinary [sic] few exceptions no educated person in the history of Western Civilization from the third century B.C. onward believed that the earth was flat", and credits histories by John William Draper, Andrew Dickson White, and Washington Irving for popularizing the flat-earth myth.

Source

Your way of thought process spawned the men that refused to look through the first telescope because it was black magic. Im sure afew of them just yelled "FAKE" and walked away too.

Your "thought process" appears to consist entirely of using the search function at Youtube. You refuse to support anything you say, you refuse to examine any actual evidence, and the sum total of your "argument" (term used loosely, which is a kindness to you) is "I'm smarter than everyone else, so believe what I say" despite the obvious fact that you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

Harte

• Like 1

Your "thought process" appears to consist entirely of using the search function at Youtube. You refuse to support anything you say, you refuse to examine any actual evidence, and the sum total of your "argument" (term used loosely, which is a kindness to you) is "I'm smarter than everyone else, so believe what I say" despite the obvious fact that you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

I've said about..idk, 6, 7 times that all my personal beliefs on the subject come from various religions.

So are you asking me to sit down and type the entirety of the bible, indian sanskrit epics ect... because I'd die of old age before I finished so thats just a ridiculous request.

What you are all making very clear is... that you know absolutely nothing about world religion.. as in sitting down and reading the various books. Not just knowing the gist of it.

I'm talking about sitting down and reading the entire bible, taking notes, making the connections, and seeing the big picture. Then camparing it to other various stories from around the world.

I'd bet the corvette I just bought that you didn't

So really, every single one of you are wasting MY time debating something YOU know nothing about... sir.

Do you have any idea how long it would take me to give all the evidence surrounding all the world religions??? Bits and pieces will make no sense, thats where the saying big picture comes from.. meaning you have to have viewed the whole picture, not just fragments, as you all so obviously have.

Youd have to all come to my house and sit down for a 3 day lecture. Maybe more...

So stop pretending you have any knowledge to back up your opinions.

Also, I'm not insulting all of you directly...You know what I'm talking about when I say the majority of people are stupid.

As in , the black eyed peas have platinum records, reality tv, various talk shows (oprah dr phil ellen ect), just all the most "popular" culture, world religions.

Proves the majority is stupid. For ****** sake people are more worried about keeping up with kardashians than world news and thinking "God" is responsible for bad weather. Thats what I mean.

Obviously, if youre the type of person that spends time intelligently debating on forums, you probably aren't "one of those people"

Sorry if you are... but its true, you are in fact a waste of conciousness and an embarrassment to humanity.

I'm done posting on this thread, as no one has the particular knowledge to argue against this theory so I would just like to say one thing.

If anything, the last 50 years have taught us that anything is possible, far beyond even the brightest mans imagination. And as a race, we have just begun to scratch the surface of what is technologically possible.

Don't ever forget that... Then you'll never be surprised or upset.

Edited by Questfortruth

I'd bet the corvette I just bought that you didn't

See, Harte: Quest here isn't just smarter than us, he's obviously richer and more important, too.

You need to check yourself and join me in the Waiting for Death room, so we can more quickly die off and rid humanity of our stupid. If we can manage to find it without walking off a cliff or stabbing ourselves in the eye with a pencil. (See, everybody but Quest is very stupid. You may not have picked up on his subtle barbs against the species, because you are, like me, and everybody else, painfully stupid.)

--JayleStupid

• Like 1

I'm done posting on this thread, as no one has the particular knowledge to argue against this theory so I would just like to say one thing.

Promise? Really and truly, cross-your-heart, really?

...but wait. Who will remind me how stupid I am? I'm really stupid, and sometime I forget, so I need one of the Smarts to remind me every so often.

--Jaylemurph

Promise? Really and truly, cross-your-heart, really?

...but wait. Who will remind me how stupid I am? I'm really stupid, and sometime I forget, so I need one of the Smarts to remind me every so often.

--Jaylemurph

We must muddle through on our own, it seems.

You can remind me of my idiocy, and in turn I can make sure you remember your own incompetence.

If all else fails, I'll tie a rope around my waist and your waist. That way we won't get lost. If we come to a cliff, well, at least we've reduced the stupid.

Harte

There is in fact something beyond the shores.

At the time, most people were living in villages and never left the village.

earth is not flat.

Very few people believed that - just looking at the horizon proves that. "they believed the world was flat" was used to denigrate people in the past. Most people didn't care whether or not it was flat, round or banana shaped. Know that didn't make the crops grow, and if the crops didn't grow you starved.

earth is not the center of the universe.

Technically, it is. It's the centre of the observable and understandable universe. The centre of a bubble of obversable and comprehendable space.

A supernatural being did not create everything in 6 days and 7 nights and start humanity with 2 white people in the jungle.

Even the Catholic Church says that that's a metaphor.

• Like 1

Tell you what. Let's assume that a large majority of cultures have gods coming down and ascending into the sky. Some of these cultures, most, probably, would have gotten these beliefs from previous cultures, right? So it wouldn't be surprising that there are a lot with similar beliefs, would it?

In Mesopotamia (where much, if not all, of Biblical mythology has its roots,) the concept of gods coming from the sky developed later. Originally, the sky was a god (in Sumer, the chief god, Anu.) Later, the gods lived on a mountaintop. There was no "heaven," it was just where the gods lived. This mountaintop theme carried on into Greece almost in whole cloth. In the Levant, the theme remained, but the gods didn't actually live on the mountaintop anymore, it was just where you went to talk to them. This is when the gods (in that part of the world) began to take residency in some region in the sky.

There are other reasons besides ets to have your nonexistent gods, creators, demons or whatever come from the sky.

Since the dawn of intelligence the sky has been an amazing and magical thing. Patterns in the sky will tell you the future. That's a cold fact. If you know what you are doing, you can say how many days until the Nile floods, for example, and hit it on the nose, or within a few days.

The coming of the next season is predicted by patterns in the sky as well.

Fantastic things appear in the sky, fireballs, comets, huge booms, etc.

The sky has lightning and thunder, tornadoes, rainbows, the Moon. Get it?

If you can't explain something as a hunter gatherer, then it must be supernatural.

This is a better reason for gods to come from the sky that your ET assertions.

You should try the search function here. Especially if you ever find the time to do some "research" (LOL) to find some evidence for ancient ETs. I seriously doubt you can find a single thing that hasn't at least been discussed here tens of times if not hundreds, some of it thousands.

If you were to choose to present something in the future, other than a tiresome proclamation of the superiority of your cognitive skills versus the rest of the world (or a ridiculous youtube vid made by a well-known fraud,) I would strongly suggest you look that bit of evidence up right here at U-M. It's very likely that it has been discussed, and even more likely that you'll learn something about it yourself.

And best of all, it could help keep you from looking more foolish by presenting us with some fluff that we've already chewed up and spit back out.

Harte

I think the above is brilliant!*

We must muddle through on our own, it seems.

You can remind me of my idiocy, and in turn I can make sure you remember your own incompetence.

If all else fails, I'll tie a rope around my waist and your waist. That way we won't get lost. If we come to a cliff, well, at least we've reduced the stupid.

Harte

.... sorry Harte but this is stupid ^ ... tying the rope around both of you at the cliff is TWICE as stupid !

;

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

I already stated that I know alot of the ancient astronaut occurance information is (grand) speculation. Its a fact that people tend to over exaggerate and run wild with theories based on a shred of evidence.. ofcourse, we humans do that with almost everything.

Thats how the majority of our history books were written. By men with limited funding, wildly inferior technology, no way of testing their findings, who basically just made educated guesses.

Again... all any of you can do is mock me and say spew nonsense that in no way disputes my claims. I ask myself why?

The answer is because you cannot... Some of you are obviously somewhat intelligent, so why not debate the things I have to say? Like I said earlier, its like when a weak minded person results to violence out of frustration and anger towards their own stupidity.

The last few pages of this thread could be used as a perfect example in a psych paper or book of some kind.

Also the fact that here, the masses (ignorant) vs the few (intelligent) wage a war on reason... the masses have never in history been correct, as the masses are less intelligent than the few.

Where did I mock you? All I did was ask you a question, one you haven't answered yet.

You pose yourself as being arrogant (- knowing it all, knowing how others might think, and judging them by that prejudice -) , and you do know what arrogance stands for?

Hiding one's insecurity.

The guy in the video is Nassim Haramein, the one presenting and commenting on the artifacts, a guy I can fool with a simple card trick and make him believe I must be psychic.

• Like 1

Just watch this video, and be convinced this guy is delusional:

"A comet twice the size of Jupiter"....

• Like 1

Just watch this video, and be convinced this guy is delusional:

[media=]

[/media]

"A comet twice the size of Jupiter"....

The mullet doesn't lie...

• Like 1