Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The stunning decline of Barack Obama: 2013

Kowalski

The stunning decline of Barack Obama: 2013. Ten key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown

The last few weeks have been among the worst of Barack Obama’s time in office, recalling earlier periods of turmoil for the president in 2010and 2011, when his ratings also plummeted. In 2013, the situation is significantly worse for the White House, with the Obama administration engulfed in a series of major scandals (IRS persecution of conservative groups, the Benghazi debacle, and the Justice Department seizure of journalists’ phone records) that are not only eroding trust in government but also in the office of the president itself. This is undoubtedly a period of steep decline for the Obama presidency, whose imperial-style big government approach is being increasingly questioned not only by American voters, but also by formerly subservient sections of the liberal-dominated mainstream media. In contrast to his first term, Barack Obama is finding himself less and less shielded by the press, and far more vulnerable to public criticism.

With good reason, Americans don’t feel optimistic about their country’s future with President Obama at the helm. According to the RealClear Politics polling average, less than one in three Americans believe the United States is heading in the right direction. A new Economist/YouGovpoll has the president’s job approval rating at just 46 percent, with 49 percent of Americans disapproving. Strikingly, 35 percent of Americans “strongly disapprove” of the president’s job performance, 15 points higher than the number who “strongly approve.” A mere 31 percent of Americans surveyed by YouGov believe the United States is “generally headed in the right direction.”

Taken from: http://blogs.telegra...is-in-meltdown/

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

yea he is not as popular anymore, but it does not matter, he is still a prez, and unless he is cought in a sex scandal, he wont go anywhere until 2016

yea he is not as popular anymore, but it does not matter, he is still a prez, and unless he is cought in a sex scandal, he wont go anywhere until 2016

That is a perfect reason to get the crybabies in the House and Senate to actually work with this Presidentr. There will be no change until 2016, so lets try to get SOMETHING accomplished.

But, I'm sure it will be more temper tantrums and political posturing.

It's no wonder than most of America hates politics and the do-nothing-until-our-guy-wins attitude.

• Like 3

It's no wonder than most of America hates politics and the do-nothing-until-our-guy-wins attitude.

.... even if the whole country goes to hell in a hand basket...

• Like 3

.... even if the whole country goes to hell in a hand basket...

Actually I feel much safer when the federal government is in gridlock. It is about the only time I feel safe from them anymore. Who do you think is driving the whole county to hell? I think it is the federal government.

• Like 6

These guys and gals are just listening intently for the end of the music so they can be sure to get a chair.

• Like 2

Following the election, I made the point that, just like in 2004, in 6 months both Democrats and Republicans will be scratching their heads wondering how this guy got reelected. Up until the past couple of months, all of Obama's scandals could easily be dismissed as simple partisan attacks, but the IRS and NSA stuff is really hitting people hard regardless of party. When you have a President stand up today and say "trust me" no one is listening in on your phone calls and none of this will be used against you, it's kind of hard to believe that when we're seeing what's going on at the IRS and realizing that they will soon be in charge of enforcing our healthcare policy.

"Hmmm, this guy needs a new kidney. Let me get him on the list. Oh, wait, lookee here, he gave $200 to the Romney campaign. Back of the line ****er!" You say that will never happen. Well, the IRS has already been caught targeting Romney donors. And even if you think it's silly conspiratorial crap, do you want the next Republican administration to have that kind of power?

Keep in mind that all of this is coming from a President that ran AGAINST all of this - Gitmo, the wars, the Patriot Act, FISA, big money, big oil, banks, bailouts, crony capitalism, the crashing economy, etc. etc. He was going to change all of this. It was a new day in Washington. Camelot was visible again. The grand promise that had been hijacked over the past 8 years would be recaptured and fulfilled. America would be great again.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 3

That is a perfect reason to get the crybabies in the House and Senate to actually work with this Presidentr. There will be no change until 2016, so lets try to get SOMETHING accomplished.

But, I'm sure it will be more temper tantrums and political posturing.

The main problem being half or more of the country vehemently opposes almost everything this President wants. I personally would prefer 4 years of no progress than 4 years of Obama Progress.

• Like 4

The main problem being half or more of the country vehemently opposes almost everything this President wants. I personally would prefer 4 years of no progress than 4 years of Obama Progress.

So, just like I said....do-nothing-until-our-guy-wins.

He was elected by half or more of the country, so wouldn't it make sense to at least try some of what the President wants? The American people want progress, not more posturing.

I don't think there is really a difference between the political parties anymore, just two arms on the same body. All that matters is pushing through their agenda, and to hell with the public.

Falling under the main two guises of Republican and Democrat to divide the country. But when either is in office. There is no real difference in the end.

• Like 4

We should all bow down to honor BHO and respect him in every way. We are the reason that his brilliant and benevolent policies are not working.

( I have to be careful about expressing an honest opinion. You never know who might be listening. I wouldn't want to end up in the wrong group when the government starts counting up who is with them and who is not. I was born in America but one of us has moved. Not sure where I live now) All hail the Bright Honest Omnipotent leader.

• Like 3

Aww come on guys, don't be all doom and gloom about this. You can still lead a happy life so long as you OB3Y. ;)

Edited by xFelix
  • Like 2

I don't think any of them have the excuse of saying they are doing this for our safety. If they cared about our safety they would close the border and I don't see them doing that, do you?

• Like 3

I don't think any of them have the excuse of saying they are doing this for our safety. If they cared about our safety they would close the border and I don't see them doing that, do you?

Apart from the drug war spilling over the border. I don't really see how that would help. It's the laws on the drugs that need to change so the cartels won't find enough of a profit.

• Like 3

Check this out: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/we-demand-president-obama-resign/sTtJndXm

We Demand President Obama Resign

President Richard Nixon resigned after wiretapping a handful of journalists, sparing the nation the ordeal of impeachment. We call on Obama to do the same. His administration vetted the NSA's surveillance of millions of Americans and seriously violated the Fourth Amendment. He confiscated the personal records of reporters, thus violating the First Amendment, and the IRS under his watch harassed political organizations opposed to his policies. Moreover, his administration has lied under oath to Congress. In addition to violating Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution by invading Libya, his administration engaged in torture and conducted a covert drone war. Due to the severity of these crimes, we call for the immediate resignation of Barack Obama.

It's up to 5,406 signatures so far....

• Like 1

Great idea. I just hate that you have to sign in to sign the petition. I dont want them knowing who I am, and end up on another list.

• Like 2

Great idea. I just hate that you have to sign in to sign the petition. I dont want them knowing who I am, and end up on another list.

Not that I think it will do much good, Obama is just the puppet, but at least people are trying to change things instead of waiting for them to get worse. But, they track everything you do on the internet now, so, might as well sign the dang petition....

• Like 2

So, just like I said....do-nothing-until-our-guy-wins.

He was elected by half or more of the country, so wouldn't it make sense to at least try some of what the President wants? The American people want progress, not more posturing.

My opinion isn't the end-all be-all of what should be done, but I do have one. And as I said, progress in what I consider the "wrong" direction would be better off not being made.

• Like 2

The petition number is up to 6,424 right now.....

We should all bow down to honor BHO and respect him in every way. We are the reason that his brilliant and benevolent policies are not working.

( I have to be careful about expressing an honest opinion. You never know who might be listening. I wouldn't want to end up in the wrong group when the government starts counting up who is with them and who is not. I was born in America but one of us has moved. Not sure where I live now) All hail the Bright Honest Omnipotent leader.

Wasn't that a line Bush used to get the patriot act passed and start the wars 'your either with me or against me,' no room for questioning the actions.
  • Like 2

The petition number is up to 6,424 right now.....

Almost 9,000 now in under 4 hours from your post

Edited by Orcseeker
  • Like 1

Almost 9,000 now in under 4 hours from your post

Wow. That's a lot of people....

Wow. That's a lot of people....

This just needs more exposure. If this was plastered on the main news stations. I'm sure owe would see the numbers reached quite soon. Though the thing is. I'm not sure if the replacement will even matter. He is not the one pulling the strings.

• Like 1

Obama has zero chance of being impeached or resigning. For some reason he's politically bullet proof. Even the incompetence of everyone else in his administration just seems to roll off of him.

• Like 2