Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

E-cigarettes face new restrictions

Still Waters

Electronic cigarettes will be licensed as a medicine in the UK from 2016, under new regulations.

The UK currently has few restrictions on the use of e-cigarettes, despite moves in some countries to ban them.

The Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency says it will regulate e-cigarettes as medicines when new European tobacco laws come into force.

Sales of tobacco-free cigarettes have boomed worldwide since bans on smoking in public places were introduced.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...health-22870301

They have been trying to do the same thing here in NY state. Smokers just can't win.

America, the land of the free... well sorta.

• Like 2

Don`t you just love this bull turd!

The jobs worths are moaning because they see someone with what looks like a ciggy, they gear themselves up to approach them with the big old law as their back up, they are ready to throw you out of there....yeehaar....and oh dear, all that testosterone and adrenaline is squashed like an ant under an elephants foot! Its a not a real cigarette!

Well, they can not have the law made look silly now because of a fake ciggy so what do the want to do now...ban them too?

We got people in big positions of power who pollute our atmosphere with their cars or have no qualms about granting permission to desecrate our countrysides while they enjoy their cigars in their Westminster cigar rooms, telling people they can not puff on a fake ciggy!?

• Like 3

God, i'm fed up with governments coming up with endless new Laws. It's always "it's for your own good/it's for your ownj protection". Well, go away and stop trying to protect me.

• Like 4

Well, they can not have the law made look silly now because of a fake ciggy so what do the want to do now...ban them too?

Watch out, drinking straws will be next. :devil:

• Like 1

Watch out, drinking straws will be next. :devil:

:cry:

London restaurants, bars and cafes have joined forces to launch the UK's first 'Straw Wars' campaign in a bid to cut down on the use of plastic drinking straws by customers.

The initiative has been launched in response to growing concerns over the huge number of straws - the figures run into billions - discarded every year and their impact on landfill and marine pollution.

Organisers of the campaign claim that in the UK alone, an average of 3.5m McDonald's drinks are sold with plastic straws every day. The idea behind the scheme is for food outlets to ban straws completely or only provide one when a customer asks for it.

http://www.edie.net/news/5/London-restaurants-opt-for-drinking-straws-ban-to-cut-plastic-waste/21811/

Edited by Still Waters
Source link added

London restaurants, bars and cafes have joined forces to launch the UK's first 'Straw Wars' campaign in a bid to cut down on the use of plastic drinking straws by customers. .......

4828066227_a63d508ac8_o.jpg

Electronic cigarettes will be licensed as a medicine in the UK from 2016, under new regulations.

And ya bet ya bottom dollar (or pound) this will mean extra taxes will be imposed.

• Like 1

London restaurants, bars and cafes have joined forces to launch the UK's first 'Straw Wars' campaign in a bid to cut down on the use of plastic drinking straws by customers.

The initiative has been launched in response to growing concerns over the huge number of straws - the figures run into billions - discarded every year and their impact on landfill and marine pollution.

Organisers of the campaign claim that in the UK alone, an average of 3.5m McDonald's drinks are sold with plastic straws every day. The idea behind the scheme is for food outlets to ban straws completely or only provide one when a customer asks for it.

http://www.edie.net/...ic-waste/21811/

yes, but leaving plastic junk lying about is different from restricting freedom to smoke (cigarette butts are biodegradable). fast Food packaging is something that ought to be taken seriously, I feel.

• Like 1

You can't win, can you...it's ok to get nicotine into the body with patches and gum...but something that looks like

a cigarette and helps many smokers to quit or cut down.....oh no...

this was the advert we had in the UK....I expect they've stopped it going on the telly by now...

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrSavppUj1k[/media]

• Like 1

And ya bet ya bottom dollar (or pound) this will mean extra taxes will be imposed.

You could well be correct.. I think that's what they mean by restrict and regulate - AKA Slap tax on them..

If all smokers used these and soon stopped altogether? The government would loose a heck of money from tobacco tax....Who will suffer soon after? Answer - Every non smoker in the country, for the government will wind up slapping the tax on everything else they see fit..

God, i'm fed up with governments coming up with endless new Laws. It's always "it's for your own good/it's for your ownj protection". Well, go away and stop trying to protect me.

i think you find its an agency trying to force the issue

yes, but leaving plastic junk lying about is different from restricting freedom to smoke (cigarette butts are biodegradable). fast Food packaging is something that ought to be taken seriously, I feel.

I agree, was just replying to Biff.

If everybody stopped smoking over night, the none smokers (and smokers) would feel the effect in their pockets because the government will increase taxes to cover the loses.

They may save money on the NHS because there would be no more smokers, but considering a lot of smokers have paid into it, the money will just carry on being used as always, to every Tombi Dickra and Hamza who pops over to use the service they have never paid a penny into.

It is not the smokers who are draining the NHS, its the above mentioned and the fast food junk eaters, along with others. Watch the taxes double if everyone stopped smoking and then the doctors will be over stretched with people suffering from stress because they can not afford to live.

• Like 1