Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How can you be a real life Wizard ? (wise one

LostSouls7

I agree. He should have not claimed it was himself.

I don't think the Pharaoh's magicians were just doing tricks a la parlor magic but were serious about their craft.

Yeah I didnt mean parlor tricks...

The question is are there any Wizards today as powerful

as Moses.. or the Pharoah's Magicians?

What do you think ?

What do you think ?

I havent seen it with my own eyes...

Crowley was an idiot. He just wanted to make a show, which he did and he paid for it. This not about making a show, it is about learning, understanding and hopefully in the end wisdom. Isaac Bonewits wrote a book called Real Magic, read that, throw Crowley in the trash where he belongs. Bonewits was a good person and did a lot for the Pagan movement. He is gone now, but his spirit lives on.

• Like 1

Crowley was an idiot. He just wanted to make a show, which he did and he paid for it. This not about making a show, it is about learning, understanding and hopefully in the end wisdom. Isaac Bonewits wrote a book called Real Magic, read that, throw Crowley in the trash where he belongs. Bonewits was a good person and did a lot for the Pagan movement. He is gone now, but his spirit lives on.

I'd like to read this book called Real Magic.

Edited by LostSouls7

My recommendation is Postmodern Magic: the art of magic in the information age by Patrick Dunne.

Great book and he also has a blog. It is very simplistic, for beginners, and quite fluid, so not for those set in their ways.

His latest entry has this tidbit:

You don’t need a guru. You can be your own guru. You can take charge of your life. You don’t need external validation.

Dude, this stuff works because it happens to be true.

It’s a nice example of postmodern spirituality, actually. The forms and rituals don’t matter...

http://pomomagic.wordpress.com/

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 1

:tu: Be your own guru, I been saying that for years. I put that site on my favorites bar. Thanks.

Yes I think I am my own Guru. I learn new things everyday try them out.

Such as herbs potions incantations. They seem to be working very well.

So i take not of what works and what doesn't.

The main thing is gaining and applying new wisdom and also teaching and spreading it to those around me.

I believe we must become the change we want in the world.. then go from there.

So always start with the self i think :)

• Like 1

Yes I think I am my own Guru. I learn new things everyday try them out.

Such as herbs potions incantations. They seem to be working very well.

So i take not of what works and what doesn't.

The main thing is gaining and applying new wisdom and also teaching and spreading it to those around me.

I believe we must become the change we want in the world.. then go from there.

So always start with the self i think :)

You got it grasshopper, go and be happy. I think of magic as a little hobby, like making airplanes. It is fun and educational. Check out root magic when you get time, I think you will like it if you're into potions and herbs. It is a traditional mountain magic in the US.

You got it grasshopper, go and be happy. I think of magic as a little hobby, like making airplanes. It is fun and educational. Check out root magic when you get time, I think you will like it if you're into potions and herbs. It is a traditional mountain magic in the US.

Awesome! I love herbs... and mixed potions...

my health vitality and increased a lot.

I like Ginsing root a lot!

Yes I think magic is wonderful... i try to use the herbal and incatation side of it..

at least everyday...

i also make planes and toys out of paper.. they will be glowing toys :

• Like 1

What do you think ?

No I dont think there are any, there may be some that try and do tricks using various demons. But not as Powerful as Moses was because Moses himself had no power, It was God that was behind him allowing him to do all the "tricks" he performed.

Yes Crowley was " different" didnt he start that DO AS THOU WIll thing.

Can you command your own spirit to do these things. Can we realize an omnipresence that ascends our minds and can not travel a distance but be present and alert of the vaster realms... this I think is hard to do but perhaps is possible.. even so are you blessed with this gift and demeanor or are you responsible for opening up these actualities, can they be stripped from you and is there any greater mind that you have yet to achieve?

Just a thought....

No I dont think there are any, there may be some that try and do tricks using various demons. But not as Powerful as Moses was because Moses himself had no power, It was God that was behind him allowing him to do all the "tricks" he performed.

Yes Crowley was " different" didnt he start that DO AS THOU WIll thing.

I think his verson is "Do as thou will and that be the whole law." You can do that if you want, but it might not work out all that well.

I think his verson is "Do as thou will and that be the whole law." You can do that if you want, but it might not work out all that well.

I have a few friends who are younger than me..

and they chose the Do As Thou Wilt thing....

not magickly.. but just as doing anything without caring about consequence..

and now they deal with bad health.. and other drama...

but people bring it on themselves.. just the whole anything goes philisophy...

there has to be some balance in life....

In the end it never really works out very well..

i've seen the results from relative and friends...

and this is because they lack wisdom...

they chose the path of the fool..

not of the Wizard :)

• Like 2

Well said, Grasshopper. It is good you learn from the mistakes of others, it saves a lot of time and grief. Kind of like the potato chip aisle at Walmart, oh no, not going down that path.

Well said, Grasshopper. It is good you learn from the mistakes of others, it saves a lot of time and grief. Kind of like the potato chip aisle at Walmart, oh no, not going down that path.

thank you Darkwind my wise friend :) Yes I observed from those older and younger. And similar choices led

to similar bad results. So I gained knowledge made my own path... physically, spiritually, and mentally...

and now am happy and living good.

Iearned not to just follow what others do.. because they are cool or everyone does it.

Yes the potatoes chips at walmart.. good example!

they look and do taste good..

however very bad for the soul.. lol

I prefer to make my own organic baked french fries at home..

with organic kectcup :)

My dad makes homemade tomato jam... (used like ketchup) im so glad I get to see him this weekend.. hes the best cook I ever met. He makes homemade everything and there us always stuff from his garden. Off topic I know but you made me think about it with your potato talk.

• Like 2

Oh I dont live by that law and I think it was that attitude which He was living by that ultimately killed him, didnt the guy have like 3 different stds. I mean if everybody lived like that it would be total anarchy.

I have a few friends who are younger than me..

and they chose the Do As Thou Wilt thing....

not magickly.. but just as doing anything without caring about consequence..

and now they deal with bad health.. and other drama...

but people bring it on themselves.. just the whole anything goes philisophy...

there has to be some balance in life....

In the end it never really works out very well..

i've seen the results from relative and friends...

and this is because they lack wisdom...

they chose the path of the fool..

not of the Wizard :)

I actually learn from others misakes also, I mean Im 25 and two of my cousins which are the same age as me have kids! I mean thats crazy, I dont even wanna think about having kids and I gurantee you those kids where accidents.

• Like 1

My dad makes homemade tomato jam... (used like ketchup) im so glad I get to see him this weekend.. hes the best cook I ever met. He makes homemade everything and there us always stuff from his garden. Off topic I know but you made me think about it with your potato talk.

Wow wonderful! Yeah I love making homemade pizza....

Jam sounds tasty on a nice warm toast!

Stuff from the garden is always wonderful and tastes so good.

Oh I dont live by that law and I think it was that attitude which He was living by that ultimately killed him, didnt the guy have like 3 different stds. I mean if everybody lived like that it would be total anarchy.

I actually learn from others misakes also, I mean Im 25 and two of my cousins which are the same age as me have kids! I mean thats crazy, I dont even wanna think about having kids and I gurantee you those kids where accidents.

Yes many of my cousins and other relatives have done some crazy things..

and created major needed drama in their lives.

It really messes with my whole Zen thing man! lol

Yes many of my cousins and other relatives have done some crazy things..

and created major needed drama in their lives.

It really messes with my whole Zen thing man! lol

Im just saying if your gonna bring another life into this world you better be ready for it.

• Like 1

I have a fourteen year old cousin with a baby... I know it sounds sad but im kind of happy for her because she needed someone to love. I really dont know how she is doing now but she had it pretty rough growing up. Pls no negative comments about this... we know life is sometimes .....

• Like 2

So back to wizard topic.... what if you mess up a spell? Doesn't your main intention prevail?

It depends on what you messed up. Your intent maybe missplaced. You might think you want the hot babe across the street, but once you got her..... That is why one must clearly think about the outcome of that you do. What you think you want might not be whats best for you or who you are helping. In other words be careful what you wish for.

You don't what to ask for money in a spell and not add" with no harm to no one." The money doesn't appear out of no where it comes from the material world.

There is an ethic in magic of not causing harm. Like all of life.

Magic is not good or bad, it is all in how it is used. It is a tool.