Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5 Extinct Animals That May Still Exist

Dark5

After lurking about in the forums for a while, I've been inspired to create videos exploring the mysteries of this world and beyond. I decided to tackle a bit of cryptozoology in the first video... 5 Extinct Animals the May Still Roam the Earth. Check it out below! I was particularly interested in the fact that isolated populations of wooly mammoths managed to survive until 4,000 years ago. That's when Stonehenge was being built! Feel free to give feedback or suggestions for future topics. -Dark5

Edited by Dark5
  • Like 4

Hi and welcome to UM....interesting video :)

There's one part In particular I remember seeing before. The live footage of a woolly mammoth walking through some water, that was actually a bear with a fish in its mouth. We had a thread about that some time ago.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=222048

I thought I read an article about the Tazmanian Tiger a few months ago. I can't remember if it said one was spotted or if they were going to clone or what though, just a vague memory of recent news about them...

I thought I read an article about the Tazmanian Tiger a few months ago. I can't remember if it said one was spotted or if they were going to clone or what though, just a vague memory of recent news about them...

Could be this one -

http://www.unexplain... thylacine&st=0

Hope they can save the Devil. I think they should put their effort in keeping yet another animal from becoming extinct before they try to bring back one already extinct.

Welcome to the forum.

The Thylacine and Japanese wolf seem like the best candidates for surviving. I hope it's true.

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to UM....interesting video :)

There's one part In particular I remember seeing before. The live footage of a woolly mammoth walking through some water, that was actually a bear with a fish in its mouth. We had a thread about that some time ago.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=222048

Thanks! I knew about the bear conclusion, but it was still the most compelling footage I was able to find... I'm sure the odds are against the existence of an actual mammoth, but I'm quite excited about the prospects of cloning a hybrid woolly mammoth, especially since they recently found a frozen carcass with blood intact.

Nice video, there is a possibility of all of these animals surviving in the fringes of the wild :)

I do wish for a mammoth.

I recall there being a surge in interest a few months back when that Willem Defoe movie "The Hunter" came out in the U.S. on Netflix. He plays a hunter sent by a biotech company to the Tasmanian wilderness to hunt for the last Tasmanian tiger. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but its in my queue...

Edited by Dark5

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how many people would give a second glance to seeing a Passenger Pigeon today?

Edited to add: Welcome to UM and thanks for the video. Nice find.

Edited by xsas

• 9 months later...