Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Search For Jimmy Hoffa's Remains

Kowalski

Investigators are digging up a Michigan field in hopes of discovering the remains of labor leader Jimmy Hoffa, whose disappearance has baffled authorities for decades.

Mobster Tony Zerilli, 85, said earlier this year that the former Teamsters president was buried in a vacant lot in northern Oakland Township, which is about 20 miles from the restaurant where Hoffa was last seen in July 1975.

Zerilli added that the plan was to move Hoffa’s body at a later date, but it never materialized.

"Once he was buried here, he was buried and they let it go," he said. Zerilli was in prison at the time.

Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said during a press conference Monday says bringing closure to the case is "long overdue."

"This has been one of those open wounds for a long time and actually as this was spinning up and we were chatting earlier last week and especially yesterday I was thinking about what Father's Day means to the family that doesn't have closure on this case, and families like them all across the country that have a missing loved one and didn't know what happened," he said.

Hope they are able to bring some closure to this case.....

Edited by Kowalski

would there even be anything left to find after all this time

would there even be anything left to find after all this time

Well, his bones would still be there, I believe.

• Like 1

I thought he was crushed in a car in some NJ mob junk yard, the the car was chopped up for scrap.

Wish they would find his remains there. It will bring an end to one of life's mysteries and give closer to a family.

Just was reading about this in the News. Hope they find him.

It always comes down to some guy in his 80s wanting a clear contience before he dies..... :innocent:

Am I the only one that finds this 'Breaking News' headline on CNN completely hysterical? :w00t:

StillMissing_zps670e337a.jpg

• Like 1

Am I the only one that finds this 'Breaking News' headline on CNN completely hysterical? :w00t:

StillMissing_zps670e337a.jpg

So they didn't find him?

He's in Al Capone's secret vault.

• Like 1

He's in Al Capone's secret vault.

Ah, that explains it!

:yes:

great ,so they wasted tax payer dollars for this/ He might be in cement shoes at the bottom of a lake somewhere.Next time some gumba talks about Hoffa, the police should just ignore it.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait until you see the price tag for looking for his body and you might say let sleeping dogs lie.

http://www.nationalj...efid=mostViewed

I know I wouldn't dig up bones for that much money, besides why do they even need to find him I mean just let it go