Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The truth.

John Adams

The Tavern and the red eyes of Abingdon. (Thats what I call it). I am interested in this eatery as well as the eyes. I want to stay in The Tavern over night and I would LOVE to see the eyes! If these spirits are real IMAGINE what they could teach and tell you. I love american history and since I live in Damascus I am only a stones throw away. I used to be licensed and bonded for 5 million dollars and I have never stolen anything in my life. I am 41 so I am not a kid and as a general rule I always respect others property. Please help me out guys cuz I am in research mode at this point. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

• Like 1

The red eyes are often seen in a haze of smoke, particularly when a group of young teenagers get together, they signal to eachother that they have recieved the spirit of the red eyes by using the word "Dude" alot, they then go to the eatery and share there experience, and everybody at the eatery goes home saying that they saw the red eyes there.

• Like 2

The truth.

The Tavern and the red eyes of Abingdon. (Thats what I call it). I am interested in this eatery as well as the eyes. I want to stay in The Tavern over night and I would LOVE to see the eyes! If these spirits are real IMAGINE what they could teach and tell you. I love american history and since I live in Damascus I am only a stones throw away. I used to be licensed and bonded for 5 million dollars and I have never stolen anything in my life. I am 41 so I am not a kid and as a general rule I always respect others property. Please help me out guys cuz I am in research mode at this point. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Your title of the thread is misleading, It says the truth yet it isn't since I bolded the words "If these spirits are real" from your earlier statement. I am infact pretty annoyed that you also couldn't give us any background except red eyes, where is this tavern? what is it background, how many sightings, has any video or photo evidence been found? You assume we all know about what happened and the location.

So after i use google here is what I found.

Site: http://abingdontavern.com/

The backstory:

Information: They do not allow people sleeping over. only time allowed is the ghost walk.

http://www.appalachianghostwalks.com/haunted-historic-virginia-ghost-tours/abingdon-va-ghost-walk-spirit-tour.html

• Like 1

Also to add, There is no evidence "physical" evidence what so ever to back up their claims.

A lot of the stories said were vague, noises can be explained since the building is old, the floors are wood and can make noise from settling down, which is caused by the tempature settling down.

The one about the red eyes that she saw from the window, well it could of been a cat's eye reflecting from the light inside.

I used to be licensed and bonded for 5 million dollars and I have never stolen anything in my life.
Licensed for what? What relevance does it have to anything? Why did you say this?
  • Like 1

its all Spam i think..

Well, It's hard to understand if he is asking for help, braging or just too excited to hold a sentence. The place isn't that fantastic and really my car is insured against potatos. I really think he needs to rethink his thoughts.

• Like 1

Those Red Eyes are spooky and horrible looking...

don't look him directly in the eyes

Yes indeed the red eyes are a tell tale sign of aggregation, and anti-theft tactics. I am glad that you mentioned this since I am sure that the owners wouldn't appreciate if you stole their s**t. When you start a thread it behooves you to post a link so people actually know what and which you are talking about. Just saying that Mac and cheese is a tasty side dish with chicken and green beans.

• Like 1

Licensed for what? What relevance does it have to anything? Why did you say this?

Duh, we don't have to ask for references or run a credit check on him now.

• Like 2