Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is a conspiracy now playing out?

Babe Ruth

That's why we need whistleblowers and they should be protected.

• Like 5

he writes a good polemic, does Mr. Assange. So he's been living in the Ecuador Embassy all this time? Surely they must be getting a bit tired of him by now. Anyway, it does rather seema s if he, like all these Whistleblowers, really want to tie the CIA, etc's hands and prevent them from being able to do their job at all. Stop spying on the world? That's what they're for!

• Like 3

Mr. Assange. So he's been living in the Ecuador Embassy all this time? Surely they must be getting a bit tired of him by now.

Why 'must' they be getting tired of him?

• Like 1

he writes a good polemic, does Mr. Assange. So he's been living in the Ecuador Embassy all this time? Surely they must be getting a bit tired of him by now. Anyway, it does rather seema s if he, like all these Whistleblowers, really want to tie the CIA, etc's hands and prevent them from being able to do their job at all. Stop spying on the world? That's what they're for!

That's a good point. Although I definitely see the need for whistleblowers and believe that Manning did make the public aware of questionable US activities, there is also no doubt that the way and the extent of what he did compromised active US intelligence & military operations (and thus personnel). It is quite a grey area and I have no easy answers but the good Colonel is right: it is the job of intelligence agencies to conduct intelligence gathering operations and it is sometimes necessary to maintain secrets in order to best serve the national interest.

• Like 4

Why 'must' they be getting tired of him?

He's been lodging there for a year? They're not a hotel.

In a legitimate war, I completely agree we should be spying on the enemy so that a military victory might be attained.

In an illegitimate war, such as the GWOT, that simple dynamic does not apply, as we are seeing more clearly with every month.

When the entire planet is a battlefield in a war against nothing but a concept, we end up with the lawless extremism of Big Brother.

The GWOT was brought under fraud, and continues and expands under fraud. Congress needs to come clean on that point.

• Like 1

That's a good point. Although I definitely see the need for whistleblowers and believe that Manning did make the public aware of questionable US activities, there is also no doubt that the way and the extent of what he did compromised active US intelligence & military operations (and thus personnel). It is quite a grey area and I have no easy answers but the good Colonel is right: it is the job of intelligence agencies to conduct intelligence gathering operations and it is sometimes necessary to maintain secrets in order to best serve the national interest.

At least early on in the proceedings, the SecDef Mr. Gates stated that what Manning released DID NOT compromise or harm any US soldier.

• Like 1

485444_571443716255038_577546726_n.jpg

take a moment ... another minute ... yeah .... uh uh ?

`

• Like 2

To borrow from Don Henley, how does love survive in such a graceless age?

How does trust in government survive in such a graceless age?

• Like 3

To borrow from Don Henley, how does love survive in such a graceless age?

How does trust in government survive in such a graceless age?

"Trust me" said the grinning wolf, right before he ate grandma. :cat:

;)

:cat:

• Like 2