Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What's a random thing that scares you?

Wookietim

I have a totally irrational scare, and that is that while sitting on the toilet a snake has managed to worm itself up through the pipes and bite me in the ***, or even worse. I have never been a subject to such an attack, neither do I know anyone who have been attacked. I don't even live in a country with any really poisonous or big snakes. I have though, read about some people being bit just that way, and for some reason it has stuck with me. It's not that big of a scare that I avoid going to the bathroom, or that I constantly look down the toilet while sitting on it. It's more of a irritating, haunting thought that lingers in the back of my head. :o:)

Edited by Saru
Removed copyrighted image

I have the same irrational fear, except its rats rather than snakes, and its outhouses rather than indoor plumbing.

• Like 2

Other than the usual spider fear, i get scared of people crawling on the floor... babies not included

I have a totally irrational scare, and that is that while sitting on the toilet a snake has managed to worm itself up through the pipes and bite me in the ***, or even worse. I have never been a subject to such an attack, neither do I know anyone who have been attacked. I don't even live in a country with any really poisonous or big snakes. I have though, read about some people being bit just that way, and for some reason it has stuck with me. It's not that big of a scare that I avoid going to the bathroom, or that I constantly look down the toilet while sitting on it. It's more of a irritating, haunting thought that lingers in the back of my head. :o:)

My grandpa way back when was going to the bathroom and a squirrel jumped up out of the toilet as he was about to sit down.

I have the same irrational fear, except its rats rather than snakes, and its outhouses rather than indoor plumbing.

Yeah rats in a outhouse is more likely, and also then, more scary I think.

My grandpa way back when was going to the bathroom and a squirrel jumped up out of the toilet as he was about to sit down.

Hah, that was cute...unless he was looking for "nuts" while your grandpa was sitting on the toilet. That might have hurt a bit. :D

Edited by EllJay

Other than the usual spider fear, i get scared of people crawling on the floor... babies not included

You mean like the Exorcist "spider-walk"? >> [media=]

[/media]

If it was like the spider walk i wouldnt think it was random. Nope it is literally is someone crawls on the floor i have to leave the area.

I don't know what they call it.

But I just hate intricate patterns packed into little things. Makes me feel all itchy, and the worst thing is that I can't take my eyes off. Insects with little intricate patterns on them... gerr...

If it was like the spider walk i wouldnt think it was random. Nope it is literally is someone crawls on the floor i have to leave the area.

Ah, strange and interesting. Can you associate the feeling you get when you see someone crawling on the floor to something else? Just so you can pinpoint why you feel this way. Do you just feel and see it as unnatural for a human crawling on the floor, or is it associated with some animal or insect?

I don't know what they call it.

But I just hate intricate patterns packed into little things. Makes me feel all itchy, and the worst thing is that I can't take my eyes off. Insects with little intricate patterns on them... gerr...

Like the facet-eyes of a fly?

11378207_l_1361542992.jpg

Ah, strange and interesting. Can you associate the feeling you get when you see someone crawling on the floor to something else? Just so you can pinpoint why you feel this way. Do you just feel and see it as unnatural for a human crawling on the floor, or is it associated with some animal or insect?

It feels really sinister to me. When i first told my husband about it he would think it is funny and make fun by crouching in the doorway of a darkened room and wait for me to pass :td:

It feels really sinister to me. When i first told my husband about it he would think it is funny and make fun by crouching in the doorway of a darkened room and wait for me to pass :td:

Some feel very scared by people crawling on the walls or ceiling in movies. I guess it is the unnatural, and as you say, sinister feel to it. You don't think you picked up your fear from a movie? Or is it lodged in you since birth?

Here is some famous ceiling-crawls, if you dare watch them.It is good to face ones fear they say :)

[media=]

muppets and garden gnomes and im not joking

muppets and garden gnomes and im not joking

Aah lol. Yeah, gnomes and clown-dolls are pretty high on some peoples fear-list, but muppets? Like Kermit the frog?

Kannin, for your viewing pleasure :)

Horror-Movie-Slasher-Garden-Gnomes.jpg20130302-093432.jpg

And Finally

Muppets-Miss-Piggy-and-Kermit-Salt-Pepper-Shakers_23325-l.jpg?v=23325

Sorry couldn't resist.

• Like 3

You mean like the Exorcist "spider-walk"? >> [media=]

[/media]

Yeah that scares the crap outta me, the first time I saw that I think I threw up lol, But I hate when they bend in ways humans aren't generally able to bend and there head turns all the way around....smh

Like the facet-eyes of a fly?

11378207_l_1361542992.jpg

This one, not really. Interestingly, when things are zoomed in, I find a little comfort in the fact that it is zoomed in.

I'm talking water bugs with little babies on it's back. and the backs of ASSASSIN BUGS... oooh... don't even go there. Just google assasin bug, see that first image to the right.

For me, it's a very very specific fear.

This one, not really. Interestingly, when things are zoomed in, I find a little comfort in the fact that it is zoomed in.

I'm talking water bugs with little babies on it's back. and the backs of ASSASSIN BUGS... oooh... don't even go there. Just google assasin bug, see that first image to the right.

For me, it's a very very specific fear.

Was it that one with the black/yellow/orange bug sitting on a green leaf?

That is one "custom-made" fear you have there.:) Interesting. Do you have any clue from where it might derive from? Childhood experience of some sort? Or was it "built in" to you from birth?

Yeah that scares the crap outta me, the first time I saw that I think I threw up lol, But I hate when they bend in ways humans aren't generally able to bend and there head turns all the way around....smh

Yeah, that spider-walk wasn't in the first edition of the Exorcist, so when I saw the Directors-cut, or what it was, I wasn't prepared. I think I threw up and fainted at the same time. :D

I think it is the "bug-connection" one gets that feels scary and unnatural.

This clip here below isn't that scary, but a bit gross and funny at the same time, and it is a bit bug-like.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

Kannin, for your viewing pleasure :)

Horror-Movie-Slasher-Garden-Gnomes.jpg20130302-093432.jpg

And Finally

Muppets-Miss-Piggy-and-Kermit-Salt-Pepper-Shakers_23325-l.jpg?v=23325

\wow thanx scared for life lol

Sorry couldn't resist.

Aah lol. Yeah, gnomes and clown-dolls are pretty high on some peoples fear-list, but muppets? Like Kermit the frog?

especially kermit

not a fear but a huge iritation to me that almost scared me are doylies(not amped on spelling atm)

Yeah, that spider-walk wasn't in the first edition of the Exorcist, so when I saw the Directors-cut, or what it was, I wasn't prepared. I think I threw up and fainted at the same time. :D

I think it is the "bug-connection" one gets that feels scary and unnatural.

This clip here below isn't that scary, but a bit gross and funny at the same time, and it is a bit bug-like.

[media=]

[/media]

hahahaha I remember I saw that movie with my ex and that scene scared the ish out of her

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, last night I was bugging my daughter and asked if she wanted to watch Candyman. She asked what it was about. I told her that a person says "Candyman, Candyman..." and that it had to be said a third time. She asked me a question and I said Candyman again. I got a little twinge of superstition. My fear would be what if that actually came true? Kinda creeped me out. Lol

well, then it would have happened before that, because you said it 4 times, the first when you asked her if she wanted to watch it.