Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drunk Aussie lets seven-year-old drive home

seeder

I'm not sure that's the case Third_Eye... I think people did die, so did kids... lots of them... no one ever heard about it or talked about it. I actually think far LESS kids die due to the poor judgment on the parents or caretakers parts. For example, by the time I was 26, I had more than half a dozen dead friends. My daughter and her friends, at the same age? None.

I lost more than a few friends due to illegal motor cycle races ... I know the feeling ... but what is seldom mentioned is that the ones that organised the races are adults, the ones who should know better ...

Now there are unmarried 'mothers' dumping new born infants here and there ... I don't know MissMels ... some days such as these I get that grouchy monster stirring deep from inside of me ...

Actually when I first saw the OP I thought "oh here we go" ... another of those threads that just stirs the stink and bad vibes ... so I thought I'll just lighten the mood a bit from the start ...

Maybe it worked too well eh ? :lol:

I am still wondering who the 'man' was in relation to that kid who was made to drive him home ... was there any action taken against him ?

" charged with serious traffic offences "

traffic summons ... I would have thought the offense would have been much more serious ....

if that was my kid I would probably be in court facing a manslaughter charge by now.

~cheers MissWells :)

~edit : just edits

`

Edited by third_eye

Drunk Aussie lets seven-year-old drive him home

Police on Friday charged a drunk man after pulling over a car on Australia's Gold Coast to allegedly find a seven-year-old boy driving him home at 3:00 am.

A patrol car stopped the vehicle after it went by without its headlights on early Friday, to find the boy at the wheel and the man in the passenger seat.

"A man has been charged with serious traffic offences after police intercepted a car allegedly being driven by a seven-year-old boy at Surfers Paradise in the early hours of this morning," police said.

The 41-year-old was charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle and being an adult in charge under the influence of alcohol.

The boy is now in the care of relatives with Queensland state Transport Minister Scott Emerson saying he was stunned.

"I shake my head and am shocked by the madness of this," Emerson told ABC radio.

more

http://uk.news.yahoo...99.html#hfpoP5Z

Good job the kid didnt have a beer too, they might have got lost if so

What is really scary is that they only got caught because the headlights were not on. Otherwise this might never have been noticed. This is a disgusting example of parenting, and I hope the guy loses custody of any children in his charge. Surfers is one of the busiest places in Queensland. At 3am all the clubs close and the streets are alive with cars, cabs and busses. It is both amazing and a blessing that nobody was hurt.

I cannot help but be reminded of some idiot drunken father doing burnouts in another Gold Coast Suburb just a couple of years ago, not 5 minutes drive from where this kid was caught. Both his sons died when he crashed, and he fled the scene.

• Like 1

Both his sons died when he crashed, and he fled the scene.

barstard

• Like 1

Sorry, uh, son, I'm too drunk to, uh, drive.

Let's call a cab.

By the way, son, what the heck are you doin here at 3 in the mornin?

Did I leave you in the car?

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Even better.......

MITCHELL, S.D. -- South Dakota police say a 14-year-old boy who was driving drunk has been arrested, along with his father, who sat intoxicated in the passenger seat.

Police caught the vehicle after receiving reports the boy was driving.

The boy's blood-alcohol content level was 0.165, more than twice the legal limit to drive. He was arrested for drunken driving, while his father was arrested on charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and having an open alcohol container in a vehicle.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/20/14-year-old-arrested-drunk-driving_n_1810152.html

• Like 1

must have been an older make of vehicle for the lights not to come on during operation

must have been an older make of vehicle for the lights not to come on during operation

Not really, it is not common in Australia, but funny enough it is in New Zealand.

If I was not aware that some New Zealand Cars have lights that come on whenever thy car is in operation, I might not have known what you were talking about. My Wife's car has auto headlights that come on at dusk but is is not common to my experience here. Often I see people who forget to turn on headlights on the road who just pulled out of a service station or the like at night.