Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why does my pet love me so much?

BiffSplitkins

For those of you that have pets. Did you ever wonder why your pets love you so much? Do you think they might suffer from Stockholm syndrome??? Are animals even capable of that?

Not really, I have a Dog, and I beleives its a common knowledge, that dogs seem to 'love' you alot because you are a pack leader - You feed it, take care of it, and order it around.

I beleive animals arnt capable of process thought, therefore I beleive cannot develop such pyhcological conditions.

and every time I say that, I can't help but think, my dog is saying:

"Man, this thing feeds me, pick up after me, gives me treats when I sit or shake its hand. Gosh wounder if it can process thoughts or just reacting to my actions....." HAHAAH

perception is a funy thing

1014291_604366319587519_334093788_n.jpg

the kittens calls the shots ...

`

• Like 4

Why does my pet love me so much? I think it is because animals experience the emotion of love.

• Like 5

According to Cesar Malon what we interpret as affection & love from our dogs, like wanting to sit in our laps, resting their head on our leg, sleeping close to us in bed, is actually dominant behavior. Crossing cultures is hard enough, crossing species is darn near impossible. That said, I'm pretty sure the last dog I had, Jake, a cocker spaniel, was smarter and more intuitive than me. He loved my granddaughter. He was her baby doll spaniel, dancing spaniel, bunny spaniel, hip hop spaniel, witch spaniel, and never ever struggled or tried to get away from her; he just gazed adoringly at her and drooled.

• Like 2

We own a pug and they were bred to be 'companion' dogs. Shes always in our laps and snuggling up on the couch. I hope she feels love but maybe it's just something we bred into them back in the day :huh:

• Like 2

dogs particularly appreciate superiority, enjoy that superiority rule

but of course they are not conscious of that, but they show how any is of truth

superiority is always the reason then positive could b free means

that is why also it is said that dogs look like their masters

but dogs are the deformation of the premise in truth

truth is infinite superiority

then any free recognition to is also superior

true existence is only real of superiority interactions of infinite relative objective freedom

Animals give us something we fail to completely give to one another: Unconditional Love.

When I look at my dog, especially when he sleeps, I realise that what I am looking at is a creature with his own personality, his own way of doing things and his ability to enjoy Life, without having to worry about how to 'live it' for he -just- lives it. Dogs have no concept of time. We do. (unfortunately) Because we do have a concept of time, then I would say that it is possible that it makes it difficult for us to live in the moment and experience to the fullest what is Life is really all about.

My dog expresses how much he loves life. He wriggles his entire body and will get his 'greeting' bone every morning and come to me all wonderfully joyous. 'I'm alive! I'm alive! Life is wonderful and I love living it with you!'

And as I stand there in my waking stupor, all the worries and stresses of life just quickly fade away, because what I am witnessing is a non-human being living his life with me and he is absolutely over the moon about it!

As to the OP's question of: Why does my pet love me so much? My only answer is this: Perhaps, your pet is responding to your own love for them.

Kind Regards :)

• Like 3

dogs are things possessed they are not self aware to talk about them individually

animals in general gives a sense of free drives that all share through same natural life

animals are the proof that existence is true, so anything is free somhow if meant to b

but in things free sense is according to the limitation of being, so it is negatively

while being self aware is always positive freedom where the being dont matter at all and that is why anyone is constantly his will

Here's a theory about cats: we don't let them grow up. We continue to be their mothers by giving them food and water and petting (cleaning) them just like a mother cat would. Domesticated cats remain kittens. That's why completely feral cats generally aren't that friendly.

Dogs are pack animals. You the owner are part of their pack. If you provide them food and safety, you're doing a great job and they appreciate that. That's why dogs will usually defend their owners.

These animals are the product of centuries of selective breeding. We've only bred the ones that behave this way.

• Like 2

For those of you that have pets. Did you ever wonder why your pets love you so much? Do you think they might suffer from Stockholm syndrome??? Are animals even capable of that?

Because you are reliable source of food.

Duh.

Here's a theory about cats: we don't let them grow up. We continue to be their mothers by giving them food and water and petting (cleaning) them just like a mother cat would. Domesticated cats remain kittens. That's why completely feral cats generally aren't that friendly.

Dogs are pack animals. You the owner are part of their pack. If you provide them food and safety, you're doing a great job and they appreciate that. That's why dogs will usually defend their owners.

These animals are the product of centuries of selective breeding. We've only bred the ones that behave this way.

cats are to nature freedom and dogs to being freedom

that is why dogs are very aware of their surrounding bc it is according to it that they would react or b

cats are to their own wills, watever is there is the same unless of course to get smthg to their comfortable wills

a lot of people prefer cats, those are the evil ones

it is obvious that dogs are in absolute perspective of right in being, which is to b objective first

which is confirmed by what i said before, why they appreciate superiority so in a way it is true that they mean being right

or at least they admit else existence being first, and dont invent their wills

cats are to nature freedom and dogs to being freedom

that is why dogs are very aware of their surrounding bc it is according to it that they would react or b

cats are to their own wills, watever is there is the same unless of course to get smthg to their comfortable wills

a lot of people prefer cats, those are the evil ones

it is obvious that dogs are in absolute perspective of right in being, which is to b objective first

which is confirmed by what i said before, why they appreciate superiority so in a way it is true that they mean being right

or at least they admit else existence being first, and dont invent their wills

??? :cry: ???

• Like 1

Animals give us something we fail to completely give to one another: Unconditional Love.

...and what we are looking at here, ladies and gentlemen, is a case of inter-species misunderstanding.

...and what we are looking at here, ladies and gentlemen, is a case of inter-species misunderstanding.

Hey there, Zaphod!

Really glad you quoted me, because it gives me a chance to tell you this:

I sometimes forget to feed my dog yet I know he still loves me, because he hasn't used his 30kg / 66lbs muscular body to smother me while I'm sleeping. Or use them huge canine teeth of his to tear into me.

And to your most recent and I must say, riveting comment of which I have quoted, I say this to you:

...and what we are looking at here, ladies and gentlemen, is someone who epically fails to understand how to appreciate someone's views due to their own selfish and perhaps nonsense 'reasoning'.

And if you do have an animal in your household, I really do feel sorry for them.

My dog I have no doubt loves me, the cat is waiting for me to die so she can feed off my carcass. I bet she'll get the dog in on it in the end.

I have little doubt that dog behaviors have "animal" sources: Dominance, pack mentality, etc...

But after all this time of human/pet interaction, do we still need to go back there for an explanation?

Yes, they may still respond to pack animal directives from an owner, but is that all they are about anymore?

Clear as mud?

• Like 1