Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meet a Muslim Person

Yamato

I respect what these guys are doing, some of my closest friends where Muslim (coming from a family that was rather racist, Pretty much disowned em myself). I met many cultures going through colleges and alot of my closest college and current friends are of varying religion at the end of the day, we all bleed red, and where all human.

• Like 4

That last guy, the ex army who was clearly racist and downright nasty - made me really sad. However, he was one lone pond scum in a sea of warm and caring humanity who took the time to shake their hands and reach out.

• Like 4

Loved the parts where it was just people saying hi to each other, we should be able to do that without holding signs, glad they did it anyways.

The confrontation at the end kind of spoiled it but no way it was well worth it. Should have let the veteran keep going, maybe he has PTSD or something.

So what is next?

Meet a Nazi person?

Meet a Pol-Potist person?

Meet an Aum-Shinrikyo believer?

In all virulent ideologies, most of nominal followers are are just ordinary people.

The problem is the ideology.

• Like 5

That last guy, the ex army who was clearly racist and downright nasty - made me really sad. However, he was one lone pond scum in a sea of warm and caring humanity who took the time to shake their hands and reach out.

I've met some very hostile Iranian muslims. Some muslims tried to kill my mom and a Jewish friend. You'd have different view if it happened to you.
  • Like 2

So what is next?

Meet a Nazi person?

Meet a Pol-Potist person?

Meet an Aum-Shinrikyo believer?

In all virulent ideologies, most of nominal followers are are just ordinary people.

The problem is the ideology.

Those who confuse this issue to be a choice between hating everyone who wears the label of Islam and shunning and fighting against the ones who TRULY adhere to the teachings of the Qur'an regarding infidels are so deluded that there really isn't any hope for them. Islam means submission. The same people who grow angry at me for calling Islam a religious political system of subjugation will be the first to scream if their freedoms are taken from them. It's a strange disconnect that I really cannot grasp. My litmus test is simple. If you feel the need to FORCE me to believe the same as you in my faith then you are an aggressor. I will resist you. Now that should be a sentiment everyone here can grasp and even be comfortable with.

I wonder how many present there in the video had have themselves or one or more of their family or relatives and friends killed or had survived an attack at one time or another in their life

`

• Like 1

Those who confuse this issue to be a choice between hating everyone who wears the label of Islam and shunning and fighting against the ones who TRULY adhere to the teachings of the Qur'an regarding infidels are so deluded that there really isn't any hope for them. Islam means submission. The same people who grow angry at me for calling Islam a religious political system of subjugation will be the first to scream if their freedoms are taken from them. It's a strange disconnect that I really cannot grasp. My litmus test is simple. If you feel the need to FORCE me to believe the same as you in my faith then you are an aggressor. I will resist you. Now that should be a sentiment everyone here can grasp and even be comfortable with.

Exactly. Most nominal "muslims" are just ordinary people, just like most members of the Nazi and Bolshevik partys were. The problem is the ideology they subscribe to.

There are plenty of moderate muslims, but islam is not moderate by any definition.

Edited by Zaphod222

I wonder

`

I wonder if they're part of a Sleeper Cell.

I wonder if they're part of a Sleeper Cell.

I don't have to wonder why you wonder

`

I don't have to wonder why you wonder

`

Yeah, you live where? Malaysia? :ph34r:

I was seventeen when I met my first muslim. My mother and I were leaving a small grocery store here in wa. state USA ( an IGA.) and she got to the entrance/exit door, pulled it open and started to walk through as she started to walk through a muslim male whom I later found out was a cleric in the brand new temple less than three blocks where I grew up who got to the door just as she started through it Back handed her for not letting him go first. as she hit the ground I hit him then I hit him again then I tried to beat him into submission, I fully intended pounding him into a greasy spot on the ground but was pulled off him . It took four adult males to get me off this Cleric, I am glad that I beat him unconscious, I wish I had beaten him to death and I don't give a darn what they says about them, I will hate them forever. I will treat them the way the law allows/requires me to But give me a legal chance and I would be more than willing to push a little red button that says "give them the gjihad they always ask for" on it ( This incident is another of my numerous reasons for being anti religion )

I have met and worked with many since that time and only one of those whom I actually got to know because I was forced to for whatever reason was human. The rest were snarling fanatics with no regard for anyone but those of their own religion ( they seemed to hate each other as much as they hated all the non muslims around them..

I could give several more stories about muslims, all bad. I have no desire to meet another one. In part because everyone is SOOooo afraid to offend one that I don't want to get in trouble for racism and or discrimination

Edited several times for multiple spelling errors( just thinking about this makes me mad all over again even thou it was the mid seventies when it happened)

Edited by mysticwerewolf
  • Like 1

The rest were snarling fanatics with no regard for anyone but those of their own religion.

I could give several dozen more stories about muslims, all bad. I have no desire to meet another one. In part because everyone is SOOooo afraid to offend one that I don't want to get in trouble for racism and or discrimination

You're not alone. I have some horrible experiences with their male ego. It's not racism or discrimination as long as it's true.

Will I get to keep my head?

I would like to ask those 3 nice muslim outreach guys if they think Shariah should replace the law of the land.

Because about 50% of young British muslim want exactly that -- I don´t think the figure is much different in other countries.

Even Yamato might get a rude awakening from his dreamy wishful thinking, if he asked the right questions.

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 2

Will I get to keep my head?

I guess I will allow that ....

I am sure that there are nice people out there( I hope your one of them) of that faith but as I said I have only met one that was human ( he treated others with respect when they were not doing the same. he followed the same rules that Most of the rest of us, he Didn't scream and yell and assault someone then Try to yell discrimination. I know that I should not judge others By religion, ( or any one of a dozen reasons) And my apologies to those who don't fit the stereotype in the story but this dislike runs deep.

I've had an assistant manager of that faith push me against a wall ( mild concussion resulted) because I asked him to tone it down while I was on the phone with a client, ( he and another male of that persuasion were arguing in my ear... literally inches away )I thought I was polite but...)_ I knew someone ( female whom I was NOT interested at the time) marry someone of the faith we are talking about who although he promised she did not have to change faiths get beaten weekly because she refused to...eventually she just vanished. I had one stick a metal knife point up in my drivers seat..( he admitted it "you really should lock your doors Scott someone might just put a knife in your car seat. ) I woud have casterated myself if I had not first looked the car over as I always did/do. I tried to be nice and when that didn't work I ignored him up until the knife incidence I had someone of the persuasion walk up the street ( I suspect he was a cleric because of how he was dressed ) and stare into the house until I stepped outside and asked if something was wrong, he picked up a large stone and threw it at me missing me by inches but Breaking the 4' X 6' Plate glass window behind me, had a friend die in an airplane crash caused by a group of the faith. and the list goes on. I was even threatened once by a coworker that he been in Mogadishu and knew how to use a gun, but ran when I told him so did I and I tend to carry it most everywhere ( had a license at the time and Did not carry it at work but he didn't know that.) There are a couple more stories. That I am not going to go into because of the anger I still experience when I think of them.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

This video receives the PA seal of approval. Most people in the video were equally approving. It's unfortunate that the guy at the end spoiled it. Sadder still, we're two posts into page 2, and two or three posters here could conceivably slot into the role of the last guy in the video. Though being the internet, they'd probably simply walk by and not say anything to them in real life.

I've lived with Muslims my entire life. There's a large migrant population in my area and I went to school sitting in classeswhere almost every single period there'd be two or three hijab's, and an equal number of Middle Eastern men. I worked at a job that has Muslim workers. I've taught at a school where only 15 of 400 students turned up on the Muslim festival of Eid (the rest were with families celebrating the end of Ramadan).

I can say I've only rarely met the evil Muslim. The rest represent the true face of Islam. I won't but into the hatred and accuse true Islam of bring violent and extremist.

• Like 5

I can say I've only rarely met the evil Muslim. The rest represent the true face of Islam. I won't but into the hatred and accuse true Islam of bring violent and extremist.

How do you define the "true face of islam"? I would say the "true face of islam" is the content of the islamic teachings; the Koran, the Sunna, and the Haddith. And that, is virulent to the extreme.

By your logic, simply arguing that the majority of the believers are harmless, you would also have to argue that Nazism is a harmless ideology. Do you?

• Like 1

I've met some very hostile Iranian muslims. Some muslims tried to kill my mom and a Jewish friend. You'd have different view if it happened to you.

Yes, toward a hostile regardless of the colour of their skin or religious beliefs I would have a different view, I don't want to believe I would look at everyone who followed the same belief as an enemy though. I would prefer to judge each person I meet on their own merits.

• Like 9

By your logic, simply arguing that the majority of the believers are harmless, you would also have to argue that Nazism is a harmless ideology. Do you?

Here is a quick video, of a few buddies that speak about how nice of a guy their friend really was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNA2invifj0

He wasn't that bad really? Just a little hic up in Boston, a few killed and so many injured, but hey he was a nice guy...right?..Of course he was to those who knew him.

I am not saying we should judge all the same way. .. But, it goes to show you, sometimes we think we know someone and BAM shock hits us and can leave us dumbfounded. This is my point and the point of the video... People can get a shock..I have seen people over here react in shock because they found one of their neighbours was an actual IRA man..They said their neighbour was one of the nicest people they have met, do anything to help you, this news of him being a member of the IRA really left them dumbfounded..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

While I agree with the facts that you presented, that he was thought to be nice and then turned out to be the complete opposite.. I have to point something out to you and everyone else in this thread...

Everyone has that same capacity. Christians, Nazi's, everyone from every walk of life. Sitting here judging an entire religion based on some people's capacity to look nice while really being a threat is well, irrational. We all have bad apples, and we demand we don't be judged by our bad apples, but here we are judging others by their bad apples.

Look at our prisons, how many serial killers are devout Christians? How many murderers and such? Everyone has bad apples.

Edited by xFelix
  • Like 2

How do you define the "true face of islam"? I would say the "true face of islam" is the content of the islamic teachings; the Koran, the Sunna, and the Haddith. And that, is virulent to the extreme.

I'm referring to their teachings. I am of the view that the violent teachings of the Qu'ran are about wars, and only extremists believe they are "at war" with the West and/or Christianity. As such, unless Muslims are at war they cannot use the warlike passages of the Qu'ran to support their view. The Bible also has passages that can be used to justify violence, but the extremists who do so are equally wrong as the Muslim extremists. Edited by Paranoid Android

You're not alone. I have some horrible experiences with their male ego. It's not racism or discrimination as long as it's true.

Not hard to figure out where this misogynist tendency comes from, here's a valid description of a Muslim paradise.

[media=]

[/media]

I think you can disregard the poster's comments about race, I suspect these virgins were not even human but celestial beings. Perhaps I'm wrong.

While I agree with the facts that you presented, that he was thought to be nice and then turned out to be the complete opposite.. I have to point something out to you and everyone else in this thread...

Everyone has that same capacity. Christians, Nazi's, everyone from every walk of life. Sitting here judging an entire religion based on some people's capacity to look nice while really being a threat is well, irrational. We all have bad apples, and we demand we don't be judged by our bad apples, but here we are judging others by their bad apples.

Look at our prisons, how many serial killers are devout Christians? How many murderers and such? Everyone has bad apples.

Who ever said it doesn't apply to everyone? My post and the main point of it all was - It can be anyone. The video posted is just used as a more recent example of how so many guys felt shocked at the friend they felt was a good guy and then something happens and it leaves them dumbfounded

I laid out another example of neighbours feeling the same shock towards a friend / neighbour they knew so well.. Was I singling out my own people when I used the Irish man who turned out to be IRA, that left his friends and neighbours in shock...this was not another example? Listing one or two examples ( like I did ) does not in anyway single people out.. They are just examples and nothing more.

Sitting here judging an entire religion based on some people's capacity to look nice while really being a threat is well, irrational

Who here is judging the ENTIRE religion? Please by all means, show me where you have seen someone judging the ENTIRE religion, I may have missed it..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1