Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jeantel's Lies: Trayvon's Star Witness

Yamato

I'm still shaking my head on the fact that Cracker is not a racial slur.

Try using the n word and look how fast everyone gets upset....

But cracker is okay.....

:no:

• Like 3

Well, it does not trigger the language filter, it can't be that bad. Also, what about Cracker Jack? Just saying, no opinion.

I also remember on American guy, who called others cracker. When I told him that I thought it's a derogatory (coming from the slave owners cracking the whip, I believe?), he replied he'd never heard of that. Unfortunately, I do not remember where exactly he was from.

Because creole culture teaches not to trust authority, don't get involved with the police, and there is no justice in the justice system so there is no reason to get involved.

Oh please - Creole culture? John Kerry is more Creole than she is.

I grew up in Creole culture and that couldn't be further from the truth. She's nothing but thug life and to try and position her as Creole is frankly insulting to those who are truly Creole.

• Like 3

When she didn't think cracker was a racist term, it was obvious then that I will never understand her.

• Like 3

I'm sure her and Martin had some extremely, stimulating intellectual conversations on the phone.....

(Sarcasm)

• Like 1

^

It might be that in Florida and Georgia that word is not used as a pejorative but outside of those regions it is. But who really knows how they were using it, not from there myself.

Really? You really think? It's quite obvious that it is pejorative.

• Like 3

Because creole culture teaches not to trust authority, don't get involved with the police, and there is no justice in the justice system so there is no reason to get involved.

I don't trust authority. That's a far cry from the pathetic display of contempt for a trial which is the only possible avenue of justice for her friend. This example embodies the old phrase 'you find out who your friends are' perfectly well. She just blew the case against Zimmerman in all likelihood. _*insert kudos here*_

• Like 3

Try using the n word and look how fast everyone gets upset....

But cracker is okay.....

:no:

There was an outpouring of outrage when Zimmerman was being accused of saying "coon". He was guilty of murder on that alone, just like OJ was innocent because some cop used the N word.

• Like 2

There are dynamics between the races at play here that are true for one race and not for the other. One of them is the sensitivity to language. I could argue that Jeantel admitting Trayvon called Zimmerman a "creepy azz cracker" improved her credibility on the stand since it's not something that would help the jury's emotional reaction to the case. Still, would I let Trayvon's language alter my view on guilt vs. innocence? Absolutely not. Someone doesn't deserve to be shot because they're a racist. That includes Paula Deen by the way, no matter what kind of pie she bakes.

• Like 1

Wonder if Deen's rabid fans who said they would never patronize the Food Network again over their decision are going to be hypocritical now that Wal-Mart cut Deen too.

Most likely they will still be going to Wal-Mart. Lol, egg on their face and their convictions.

^^^ I doubt very many people really care much about that issue.

• Like 3

Wonder if Deen's rabid fans who said they would never patronize the Food Network again over their decision are going to be hypocritical now that Wal-Mart cut Deen too.

Most likely they will still be going to Wal-Mart. Lol, egg on their face and their convictions.

You seem to have bee in your bonnet about Paula Deen. I think you should be the last person to talk considering the bigoted statements you make against a huge specific group of people..namely Republicans. Bigotry isn't only towards other races, it's against other nationalities, religions, political parties, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status or disability.

"Progressives" seem to loose track of the fact that we are all human and make mistakes. I'm Irish and to hear me telling Irish jokes someone might misconstrue me as being a bigot. I tell black friends black jokes...it's no different. Under oath I couldn't say I've never used the n-word. There is a difference between black people and n****** and our black friends will be the first to set you straight on exactly what that difference is.

Your feigned ignorance on the use of the word "cracker" is laughable, by the way.

• Like 5

You seem to have bee in your bonnet about Paula Deen. I think you should be the last person to talk considering the bigoted statements you make against a huge specific group of people..namely Republicans. Bigotry isn't only towards other races, it's against other nationalities, religions, political parties, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status or disability.

"Progressives" seem to loose track of the fact that we are all human and make mistakes. I'm Irish and to hear me telling Irish jokes someone might misconstrue me as being a bigot. I tell black friends black jokes...it's no different. Under oath I couldn't say I've never used the n-word. There is a difference between black people and n****** and our black friends will be the first to set you straight on exactly what that difference is.

Your feigned ignorance on the use of the word "cracker" is laughable, by the way.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Why is it okay for this girl to say "cracker" yet when Paula Deen says n******* 20 years ago, people get all bent out of shape? Political Correctness at it's worst...

• Like 3

There was an outpouring of outrage when Zimmerman was being accused of saying "coon".

I didnt even know this was a "racial" term until you posted it. To me "coons" are medium sized furry critters that sneak onto the porch and try to get into the house/cause havoc in the neighbours shed. Not a "racial slur" lol.

• Like 2

I didnt even know this was a "racial" term until you posted it. To me "coons" are medium sized furry critters that sneak onto the porch and try to get into the house/cause havoc in the neighbours shed. Not a "racial slur" lol.

Or a brand of cheese if you happen to be from the Antipodes (named after the town it's from Coonabarrabran).

• Like 3

Once the liberal media admits (though it will never happen) that racism is a two way street I figure the world will implode. the old "I didn't know it was bad" defence shouldn't stand in this day and age. we "crackers" have had it pounded into our brains that if you refer to anyone by anything other than their name you are a racist. when the mirror is held up to the African-American community you get to see why race relations in this country haven't moved forward since the 1950's or is that a racist statement. I bet MLK is puking in his grave.

• Like 2

Ill just leave this here:

pu6h.jpg

Al Sharpton, is the biggest racist out there, and he still has a job....

• Like 1

The government uses "race" to keep everyone in check....they know perfectly well what would happen if all of us got together and told the government where to go...the US government killed Malcolm X, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Because they were smart enough to figure this out...

Malcolm X, once said, "I don't care what color or creed you are, we need to be breathing down the neck of our government!"

That is what the elite fear most....

• Like 3

Cracker actually comes from back in the slave days. When the Master used to crack the whip on the slaves back. "Here comes the cracker." I don't see it as an insult myself.

Cracker actually comes from back in the slave days. When the Master used to crack the whip on the slaves back. "Here comes the cracker." I don't see it as an insult myself.

These days it has new meaning and I do find it insulting to be generalized as a slave master just because I'm white not to mention there isn't a white man on Earth today that owned a black slave in America. It is an insult and everyone knows it. And the hypocrisy in saying otherwise is laughable considering the liberal handbook deems the words, among many other everyday words, 'Chicago' and 'angry' as racist-toward-blacks code words.

• Like 5

The term is used as a proud or jocular self-description. Since the huge influx of new residents into Florida from the northern parts of the United States and from Mexico and Latin America in the late 20th and early 21st centuries, the term "Florida Cracker" is used informally by some Floridians to indicate that their families have lived in the state for many generations. It is considered a source of pride to be descended from "frontier people who did not just live but flourished in a time before air conditioning, mosquito repellent, and screens."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_cracker

There is also a pejorative entry...

We would need someone from within that region and community itself to tell us exactly which sense of the word is being used.

Oh please - Creole culture? John Kerry is more Creole than she is.

I grew up in Creole culture and that couldn't be further from the truth. She's nothing but thug life and to try and position her as Creole is frankly insulting to those who are truly Creole.

Her mom speaks Creole. She speaks Creole. Places like Miami need police officers who speak Creole to translate. Could be that some Haitians live in insular communities, others live in more integrated mainstream American ones, and yet others live in black communties so will begin to share and take on features depending who they live with.

Doubt they would all be the same. Keep in mind we are specifically discussing Haitian Creole language and Haitian heritage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Creole

Edited by The world needs you

If you listened to the video, you will learn that a black person had a gun pointed at her head. i wonder what words you would use to describe someone who was pointing a gun at your head?

• Like 2

If you listened to the video, you will learn that a black person had a gun pointed at her head. i wonder what words you would use to describe someone who was pointing a gun at your head?

Poor misunderstood victim of society.

• Like 3