Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Regular abductees/experiencers have NO EXCUSE

Well it is not uncommon for amateur astronomers to see UFOs in the sky at night.

http://www.astronomy...159791-ufo.html

No disrespect but you have a linked to a forum where a newbie is talking about something he saw. See my vid above for a REAL astronomer and astrobiologists views on UFO's etc. And/or see what this astronomer says:

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/astronomer_looks_at_ufos_a_lot_less_than_meets_the_eye/

Favorite quote from that link:

"It’s also remarkable how unlucky the UFO occupants are in their choice of people to kidnap. Never do “aliens” seem to snatch a person with a good knowledge of astronomy or physics or someone with high-level government clearance. Time after time, their “victims” turn out to be homemakers, agricultural workers, or others whose relevant knowledge base seems to be limited to reading UFO enthusiast literature"

• Like 1

Not at all, I think that is common knowledge. But never has thousands of amateur astronomers simultaneously observed something that could only be attributed to ET.

True but then an UFO (assuming that it is an Alien spacecraft) cannot be simultaneously visible for all around the world to see. I would say though that it has been reported that entire crowds or people saw what appears to be flyers saucers and it is common for UFO organisations such as MUFON to get multiple reports of the same sightings around the same time.

No disrespect but you have a linked to a forum where a newbie is talking about something he saw. See my vid above for a REAL astronomer and astrobiologists views on UFO's etc. And/or see what this astronomer says:

I don't think it is respectful indeed, these persons may not be ''professional'' astromomers but have nonethless years of stargazings behind them. They know what a plane or a satellite is.

Edited by sam_comm

True but then an UFO (assuming that it is an Alien spacecraft) cannot be simultaneously visible for all around the world to see.

Indeed, nor has that ever happened. Ever!

I would say though that it has been reported that entire crowds or people saw what appears to be flyers saucers and it is common for UFO organisations such as MUFON to get multiple reports of the same sightings around the same time.

Not from around the world simultaneously, nor are amateur astronomers the typical reporters to MUFON as they tend to be somewhat more critical in their reporting.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

Its all up to the people that think they see these UFO`s to try and remember just what number of beer there on that night !

And never,ever believe the ones that have more than ten books on the market at one time ! THe Clue is always in the forward of these books.

• Like 1

It amazes me that aliens with such incredible technology have to wait till people are asleep to sneak into their bedrooms to abduct them plus despite abducting humans for 40 plus years they still haven't realised that their wiping of the abductees memory is easily retrieved by even non professional hypnotists.

Good one. Seriously.

Lately I've been making a few posts from the POV of wild speculation.

The common assertions stretch the limits of credulity so far as to neutralize an 'argument from absurdity'.

• Like 1

They don't always show up just when people are asleep. For example, the Betty and Barney Hill case in New Hampshire, when they both were abducted after coming in contact with a ufo. One of many examples of the same type.

Edited by Spacenut56

They don't always show up just when people are asleep. For example, the Betty and Barney Hill case in New Hampshire, when they both were abducted after coming in contact with a ufo. One of many examples of the same type.

They made a movie about it when I was a kid, so naturally I soaked it in, believing for a long time.

Besides, hypnosis is evidence, well, unless it's not.

" Although the popular version of events is that Barney Hill's hypnosis description is the first appearance of a so-called gray alien in modern culture, that first appearance actually came twelve days earlier, on national television, in an episode of The Outer Limits called The Bellero Shield."

"A woman who clearly had an obsession with UFOs saw a light in the sky that her husband described as an airplane. She then spent two years writing an elaborate story and no doubt telling and retelling it to her husband. Later, under hypnosis, Barney was asked about the events described in Betty's story, and surprise surprise, he retold the story she'd already told him a hundred times, with an added dash from The Outer Limits episode of twelve days before. So far, we have a tale that's hard to consider reliable."

http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4124

Brief scene from "The Bollero Shield":

Edited by HDesiato
  • Like 4

It doesn't work that way.01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

WHY did you make this same post on 5 different topics? Please don't do it...

Edit: And in response to OP:

It's the same with paranormal stuff. Globally popularized and millions of claims but no proof.

If these things were really happening then there would be proof by now.

Other unexplained things get explained because they are real. :w00t:

Edited by Timonthy

The vast majority do as you know.Barney and Betty Hills hypnotherapist never believed they had been abducted by aliens either

My understanding of the results of the hypnosis was inconclusive, that he thought they had been through something though, yes?

UGH i`ll say this as i have to

This is about people who claim to be abducted or experience et contact on a regular basis

the one thing that p***es me off is that out of all these thousands of abduction cases not ONE has the breaking evidence - a photo, even a cctv photo of the beings!

now i understand if you are being abducted it isnt the easiest thing in the world to say `hey you mind pausing while i take a photo`.. i understand and i`m not going to insult your intelligence by saying it didnt happen if no pic`!

HOWEVER.. many of the people claiming to be abducted say it happens regularly.. so its THOSE PEOPLE who really should be setting up some kind of camera system if they want to be taken seriously.. and if they answer `the aliens turn off all nearby electrical equipment` not a problem.. get a neighbour or somebody to set up something from across the street aimed at your house, and if we see a weird object hovering and then all goes blank, then we will believe you

the point is, not a single one out of these thousands of abductees can do it, and now.. especially with the ones who claim it happens regularly... and with cameras being so cheap (anyone with a acess to the internet can make a cctv system out of a webcamera), now there just isnt an excuse anymore

The fact that they cannot produce a shred of evidence for such claims should tell you everything you need to know. (clue :- mental illness takes many forms)

From the skeptics dictionary :-

Another contributor to the mythology of alien abductions is Robert Bigelow, a wealthy Las Vegas businessman who likes to use his money to support paranormal research (see entry on Charles Tart) and who partially financed a Roper survey on alien abductions. The survey did not directly ask its 5,947 respondents if they had been abducted by aliens. Instead it asked them if they had undergone any of the following experiences:-

--Waking up paralyzed with a sense of a strange person or presence or something else in the room.

--Experiencing a period of time of an hour or more, in which you were apparently lost, but you could not remember why, or where you had been.

--Seeing unusual lights or balls of light in a room without knowing what was causing them, or where they came from.

--Finding puzzling scars on your body and neither you nor anyone else remembering how you received them or where you got them.

--Feeling that you were actually flying through the air although you didn't know why or how.

Saying yes to 4 of the 5 "symptoms" was taken as evidence of alien abduction. A 62-page report, with an introduction by John Mack, was mailed to some 100,000 psychiatrists, psychologist and other mental health professionals. The implication was that some 4 million Americans or some 100 million Earthlings have been abducted by aliens. As Carl Sagan wryly commented: "It’s surprising more of the neighbors haven’t noticed." The timing of the mailing was impeccable: shortly before the CBS-TV miniseries based on Strieber’s Intruders.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I believe something was really happening to this guy - it's a long thread but very interesting:

He used to answer any and all questions and claimed to be abducted regularily for years and he does address the difficulty in trying to obtain evidence....

http://www.unexplain...pic=177786&st=0

or if you don't want to read the whole thread, i summarised a LOT (some 261 questions we asked him) of just the Q & A here: http://marcjager.com/gilfaer.html

p.s. itsnotoutthere - No evidence could just aswell be due to the fact that the abductors are thousands of years ahead of us in technology... try thinkin of it in terms of an insect trying to gather evidence of you putting it in a jar for a while and then releasing it.....

Edited by Paxus

Why don't the abduct somebody important and get some real information?

Why have they been abducting people for the purpose of doing the same thing over and over again?.Some of these procedures have been going on 40 years.

• Like 1

Why have they been abducting people for the purpose of doing the same thing over and over again?.Some of these procedures have been going on 40 years.

What makes you think they would be doing the same thing over and over....

seems pretty obvious they wouldn't be,...

What has David Attenburough been doing all these years?... the same thing over and over????

:blush:

That's the problem. And abduction phenomenon virtually never happens outside of CONUS area.

Abductees would probably need a mechanical camera of sorts, any kind UFO based localized EMP would probably knock out something electronic. If they have tech to travel here, they probably have tech to detect surveillance systems setup by the average joe.

That makes me wonder, what the heck kind of EMP gun did Batman have to make a dirtbike stall out in The Dark Knight Rises, or is that a plot hole? :D

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

But they havent, its just the usual story told by those who are not creative enough to come up with a good one of their own

At least the Betty and Barney Hill story come up with a real cracker...apparently the aliens flipped when Barney removed his false teeth, haha, scaring those old aliens Barney, good man!! Then, again apparently, they became very interested in studying his dentures!!

( My nan used to drop her top set of teeth down if I had to give her a kiss goodnight when I was a nipper......used to FREAK me out big time, much to her amusement, then I couldn't sleep very well)

Now having aliens freak at seeing false teeth isnt in your typical abduction stories... but I can imagine it making sense

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

I believe people can get abducted and some might be taken more than others .I also believe people get addicted to the thought and continue reliving the abduction over and over though it's not happening .For those who want proof of such event should wait till it happens to them .When your being abducted usually your asleep . And have little or no memory or way of avoidance .As well as if you were to put a hidden camera wouldn't work for nothing . You can record an encounter only if they want you too. Not when you feel that you can . At times they screw the electrical system causing blackouts. Cams and cells don't function .Computers freeze or either don't work .So this might help with the video evidence many want from those who claimed being abducted. Good luck to those who can't see and God be with the ones who can..

Abductees would probably need a mechanical camera of sorts, any kind UFO based localized EMP would probably knock out something electronic. If they have tech to travel here, they probably have tech to detect surveillance systems setup by the average joe.

Wonderful, would it not be great to see a cctv camera say across the road suddenly a dark circular shadow hovers over the street and all goes sizzle blank!?!!

Even that kind of thing would be a good start

Edited by eley

Yeh its always swiss farmers, or a `night guard from peru` or guys passing back from the pub that seem to be abducted.

And YES i know there have been people high up with good reputation - pilots/ military personnel who claim to have seen ufos, i dont doubt that but once again its all hear say and no clear footage ever

• Like 1

Yeh its always swiss farmers, or a `night guard from peru` or guys passing back from the pub that seem to be abducted.

And YES i know there have been people high up with good reputation - pilots/ military personnel who claim to have seen ufos, i dont doubt that but once again its all hear say and no clear footage ever

you're pretty enraged for a panda bear.....

I read a story once where the aliens landed and abducted a wolverine. The experience was such that they decreed the earth too dangerous and put it on a banned planets list.

• Like 2

you're pretty enraged for a panda bear.....

Nah im just chillin`

I dont appreciate the nasty men in black taking away all the good stuff :cry:

:tu:

• Like 1