Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man invented religion

soulpowertothenthdegree

Sure depending on your moral framework. Remember these are hippies and their moral and values would most likely not fall into what you think of as moral. It is not like a bowling club or the old Fraternal orders of Druids. This is an Earth base Pagan religion. More philosophy than religion, like Buddhism without the guru. Nature is everything, God is life not a separate entity from it. Nature, Compassion, Education, learning are the moral imperative, The goal is wisdom, not in the next life, but this one. It is one path in Forest of many. It works for me. http://rdna.info/ I'll say one thing about them is they are honest about what it is and they are doing, dirt worshiping tree huging hippie Druids. I have come home.

ah I have a lot of empathy Every word you said fits my own approach to my spiritual path, although i have some additional understandings about the nature of god humanity and the environment eg all are a part of the same consciousness,but indeed humans and all of nature are an integral part of god and god of them.

This is a bit different from many contemporary christians, but pantheism/nonpantheism within christianity was a very contentious and widespread issue during the 1800s. For example Dr John Harvey Kellog from the Kellog's breakfast cereal's fame was a strong "panthiest" christian.

Edited by Mr Walker

Did man invent religion to allow the "priest" class? Black robes and secrecy, with a class of men who were superior in some way to others?

No they had football umpires for that.
  • Like 1

u keep following my posts like a dog to repeat same gibberish comment

it is about time for u to do wat u say, go move to ur hell for ur heaven im sure everyone is waitin for ur end there

Its nt ur txt speek tht mkes com. imp. It's ur lck of grmmr and syntx.

I thnk ur gen.; just not n't n 'glish native.

• Like 2

art is opposite to communication

WRONG

art is fondamentally free

DEBATEABLE

communication is basically a need

NO. IT IS A TOOL

what is free belongs to superiority WHO SAYS SO

purposes are by definition to inferiority reachs

INCOMPREHENSIBLE

again i just prove that u dont mean art nor communication so watever u say is an invention of the liar u r

even if u dont realize any invention or if u believe ur lies, it doesnt matter truth invent for u the liar u r constantly

PERSAONL ATTACK AND AGAINST THE RULES

that is why watever u post is exclusively to else destructions

OPINION; AND UNINFORMED OPINION AT THAT.

wat is funny is wat u really believe that lies rule over the truth or that u r equal to me, u wont have to go back to the studio soon, when individuals are true so honesty is objective then pseudoartists like u are killed

superiority is always the reason of everything and anything and positive ends

PROBABLY A BELIEF STATEMENT, BUT SO INCOMPREHENSIBLE THAT I CANNOT BE SURE WHAT IT IS.

so the sense is always to kill wat clearly is inferior n force it out of being anywhere.

WHOSE SENSE OF WHAT?

• Like 1

on the contrary, bc only what is truly possible to exist, look like being

n for any freedom it cant invent anything but itself as an objective being

obviously u dont stop a second to check honesty with what u gonna say

wat r u or wat is anyone existence but the constant same abstraction of being individual one

look sorry but one of the known abilities and wonders of hmanit yis tha twe CAN imagine and invent and hence create Your opinos as bes ti can understand them are factully wrong Humans are real, and using their minds, hands and tools/technology can shape the universe and themsleves into anything they want it or themsleves to be.

Because of our minds we can create both subjective constructs and objective realities which otherwise would never have existed.

Going back to the OP. Nature created Man, Man created religion, religion created idiots.

And just for those who do not like me posting pix, another one. It said a picture paints a thousand words.

3ab076aabbcd.jpg

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri
  • Like 2

I would not be able to reply to all of you individually...First, let me thank each and everyone of you for making this a popular thread...Clearly I touched a nerve center. Second, it is not that religion is bad; religion has a place for people to congregate and have a common belief system to share.

The problem I have with religion is that too many people think what they read in a book is based on truth; it is fictional accounts of a perspective. Being religious does not make you spiritual, being atheist does not mean you can not be spiritual; any religion that you follow is designed to instill fear.

Spiritual feelings are not based on fear; they are within you instinctively, a part of the energy that emanates from your soul. Some souls are misguided because they have been subjected to certain environments; the veil of darkness can be hard to see through.

Having faith in anything you believe in requires the ability to accept things without verifiable proof of their existence; semantics play their role in this matter as well.

Semantics, for those of you that are not familiar with the term, alludes to the way different words can have the same meaning. Religion is full of semantics; for instance heaven and hell can be good and evil, etc.

We are asked to believe many things daily that we are not given verifiable proof of and we are shown things daily that we are expected to take for facts; do you believe everything you see? This is particularly difficult in an age when we have so much technology, but religion existed long before technology we know today existed.

My thread was originally intended to implore, those of you who use religion as a way to judge others, to see what is truly important; we are all attached to each other and my faith is based on spiritual feelings for all. The source of our existence is not important; it does not change based on semantics.

How we came to be and where we are going is not important; it is the journey and having respect for all living things along the way that is truly important. I have faith in Karma, I have faith in in goodness, I have faith in the power of my soul to overcome any obstacles thrown my way; without throwing you or anyone else under the bus to get there.

My journey will never end and my quest for spiritual enlightenment of other souls will never end; do not label me a new age free spirit hippie do gooder that thinks they are better than everyone else because I believe in Love and Light, if you must place a label on me than let it be this, Love of Light and All that is Good.

Take care all,

Soul

Going back to the OP. Nature created Man, Man created religion, religion created idiots.

And just for those who do not like me posting pix, another one. It said a picture paints a thousand words.

3ab076aabbcd.jpg

Tell me who created NATURE?

Nature is everything, the universe, the multiverse. It is what is natural and not supernatural. It is not "god" and "god" did not create nature. Your use of the word "who" says much......

The Universe was born, it wasn't created.

• Like 1

I would not be able to reply to all of you individually...First, let me thank each and everyone of you for making this a popular thread...Clearly I touched a nerve center. Second, it is not that religion is bad; religion has a place for people to congregate and have a common belief system to share.

The problem I have with religion is that too many people think what they read in a book is based on truth; it is fictional accounts of a perspective. Being religious does not make you spiritual, being atheist does not mean you can not be spiritual; any religion that you follow is designed to instill fear.

Spiritual feelings are not based on fear; they are within you instinctively, a part of the energy that emanates from your soul. Some souls are misguided because they have been subjected to certain environments; the veil of darkness can be hard to see through.

Having faith in anything you believe in requires the ability to accept things without verifiable proof of their existence; semantics play their role in this matter as well.

Semantics, for those of you that are not familiar with the term, alludes to the way different words can have the same meaning. Religion is full of semantics; for instance heaven and hell can be good and evil, etc.

We are asked to believe many things daily that we are not given verifiable proof of and we are shown things daily that we are expected to take for facts; do you believe everything you see? This is particularly difficult in an age when we have so much technology, but religion existed long before technology we know today existed.

My thread was originally intended to implore, those of you who use religion as a way to judge others, to see what is truly important; we are all attached to each other and my faith is based on spiritual feelings for all. The source of our existence is not important; it does not change based on semantics.

How we came to be and where we are going is not important; it is the journey and having respect for all living things along the way that is truly important. I have faith in Karma, I have faith in in goodness, I have faith in the power of my soul to overcome any obstacles thrown my way; without throwing you or anyone else under the bus to get there.

My journey will never end and my quest for spiritual enlightenment of other souls will never end; do not label me a new age free spirit hippie do gooder that thinks they are better than everyone else because I believe in Love and Light, if you must place a label on me than let it be this, Love of Light and All that is Good.

Take care all,

Soul

I just wish to disagree with one point

any religion that you follow is designed to instill fear.

I have studied many religions. As far as i can see no religion is designed to instill fear.

Humans chose fear only if they ignore natural consequence. A child has no need to fear its parents if it obeys their rules for example. An adult has no need to fear anything if it lives life lawfully and safely

.This is true for an atheist as much as a theist. Religions sometimes point out natural consequences to people and thus cause them to fear, and perhaps not to like the religion for making the point.

But religions set people free from fear; rightly or wrongly, truly or falsely. This is the main reason religions work.

For example, Christianity releases humans from the fear of death, of loss, and of grief, if you believe you will join your loved ones in eternal life. And to ensure eternal life in christianity theology is easy and simple, and available to every human being.

All you have to do is to accept that christ has already redeemed any original sin of humanity and reconnected us as a race to god then individually each person has to chose to stop hurting people deliberately and consciously, and ask forgiveness for the hurts you have already done; then do your best not to hurt yourself or others any more. Surely that is not very hard to do? And a goal any human; atheist or theist could work towards.

If you are a non theist or non christian then the beliefs of christianity cannot force you to fear god or the consequences of your behaviour. And they are not meant to. If you obey gods law from fear then you fail the basic principle of gods law. Obedience through love

Edited by Mr Walker

The Universe was born, it wasn't created.

Then who was its mother. :innocent:

Nature is everything, the universe, the multiverse. It is what is natural and not supernatural. It is not "god" and "god" did not create nature. Your use of the word "who" says much......

Actually, to be pedantic, if nature is everthing, then it is/contains, ALSO, what is considered supernatural. Ie the supernatural is a part of nature.

Inevitably then, all forms of god are part of nature and of the universe, whether they exist only in our minds or separate from them.. So, if god only exists within us, and we exist within the universe, then god is as natural a part of the universe as we are.

Edited by Mr Walker

Actually, to be pedantic, if nature is everthing, then it is/contains, ALSO, what is considered supernatural. Ie the supernatural is a part of nature.

Inevitably then, all forms of god are part of nature and of the universe, whether they exist only in our minds or separate from them.. So, if god only exists within us, and we exist within the universe, then god is as natural a part of the universe as we are.

What ridiculous semantics

Who created them?

What ridiculous semantics

Not semantic. Pedantic. :devil:

But none the less true in logic. The "supernatural" and "gods" must inherently be contaned within the natural order of the universe in some way or form. They cannot exist outside the "universe," and they do 'exist' (even if only as human constructs) So they must be a part of the natural universe. Love is a "non material" entity within the natural universe, whose existence creates material/physical effects within the universe, which would not otherwise come into existence. Faith and belief are of the same order and nature.

Of course man invented it!!

It says bow to authority..

and pay your taxes!! be good.. or you will burn in hell!!

ooOOoOoO spooky! Boogey man will get you.

The church has always had the people in oppression and slavery for centuries !

I doubt the all powerful all knowing force of the universe REALLy cares...

if you bow to some pompous king...

or cheat him out of his oppressive tax....

yeaa that's not gonna affect an all powerful being... lol

That is man's thinking and writings... not God's!

yet since the leaders of the church say it;s God's will..

they well.. we better be good slaves..

or God will put me in hell...

What makes me more sick if when religions..

try to use scripture to get money out of the sheep....

no wonder they call them a flock....

then they say giving money to the Church..

is God's command... lol yeah right!

The see it..

you can't think... or have free will.

the state and church will do the thinking for you..

and not let you tap into your unlimited potential

That's what it's all about...

so you never find out how powerful.. and wonderful you really are...

it's always been about suppressing knowledge and power from the people!

And yes all that killing.. and Slavery in the bible..

NOT very loving.. and not very wise.

Edited by LostSouls7
  • Like 1