Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Atlantis

darkbreed

kmt_sesh

Nice to know but I found nothing about "bosses" online. And unless you are the Boss of the Giant Megalithic mound and temple builders I'm a skeptic of the "dots" being "bosses". Why have two per stone and one on other stones? I'm not saying they are astrological devices. The dots/bosses may indeed have carry a message of the heavens since they were left in the pattern that resembles the Pleiades. The Pleiades dots/bosses are embossed on clay tablets and stone art around the world, at every scale. Have you yet to check out the work of Wayne Herschel at the Hidden Records? I would be interested to see how you discredit his work on the subject of the Pleiades star map and of the "home star of the Gods", the Gods who came to earth to leave their starmap here. Anyway, thanks for the feedback as weak-legged as it seems. Peace

I'd have to echo jaylemurph's surprise over your failed efforts at finding something about bosses in ancient stone construction. Allow me to post an explanatory link similar to jaylemurph's. These Wiki articles are not opening properly on my end, so just to play it safe, I'm directing you to the Google page in my search. It's the very first link on the page:

Click top link on this page

Note especially the photo in the top-left corner, of a masonry wall at Segesta. There really is no mystery here. Anyone who's conducted research in ancient masonry construction is familiar with this and a myriad of other fundamentals.

There is also this from Dieter Arnold's book The Encyclopaedia of Ancient Egyptian Architecture (page 33):

Bossed stones are blocks whose surface has been left completely or partly unfinished. This feature is not a decorative element in Egyptian architecture, but is instead an indication that the smoothing process has not been completed.

(Italic emphasis mine.)

Arnold is one of the leaders in the field of pharaonic masonry construction, so I'd feel quite comfortable in trusting his word. These bosses are not the same as "dots" found on clay tablets or on ancient art. They're simply a construction byproduct.

On a closing note, no, I was not familiar with Wayne Herschel so I googled him and found his website. I perused some of the pages so I could get an understanding of what he's about. In short, I am not impressed. He strikes me as another modern New Age proponent advocating ancient aliens, Atlantis, the Giza Orion "theory," and any number of other misrepresentations of ancient cultures. My apologies for being so blunt, especially if you enjoy this fellow's work, but if you want to come at me in a debate environment, you had better choose your sources a lot more carefully. I prefer academically sound, peer-reviewed research, not something from the woo-woo cult.

Here's a pic of a wall of the temple Kmt is talking about:

799px-Bosses_at_segesta_temple.jpg

Harte

Harte

You sure those are bosses Harte? Looks to me like the constellation Bullscheise I. :lol:

cormac

Harte

Uh oh...Where is Zoser when you need him?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Uh oh...Where is Zoser when you need him?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Bad badeskov! Don't encourage him!

• Like 1

Bad badeskov! Don't encourage him!

:whistle:

is contemplating getting bad a muzzle if he keeps it up sesh :D

is contemplating getting bad a muzzle if he keeps it up sesh :D

Whatever it takes, Dingo. Whatever it takes. :devil:

Whatever it takes, Dingo. Whatever it takes. :devil:

Uh oh...*slowly backs away mumbling to self*

• 2 weeks later...

indeed The Amerikas was Atlantis, the center or capital was in the central Andes region, which it was called "KA" that means Land, country, the districts were called MAR'ka. The whole continent was called AMARUKA or the noble Dragon's land.The ancient amerikhans called themselves KARA O KAIRA that comes from KA "land" ARA "man". so KARA o kaira meant "country man" o citizen.

The KARA were a maritime civilization, they reached the so called old world thausand years ago,with their rituals, knowledge, and crops, The Kara did expedition to rest of the world by boats, each fleet was commanded by a MANu leader("man.MENEN. MEN). The leaders or MANUs had a trail that would distinguished from the rest, it was their long ears.

The Kara stopped to rest on the TAHITI "far from home" and Eastern island. that is it, the Moai were placed around the island border as reference points

They founded

Saqa kara "those who came to stay" - egipt

KArachi (those who are completed), Harapa in the indian continent.

UR, URU "day, or morning star or VENUS", URUK " the land of river, land of lagoons or the land of swamp" in Mesopotamia.

1. old world's - ayamra/runa simi

Milk milky

Mark "land" marka "district, land"

parla "talk" parlay "talk"

yellow

jungle yunga

theacher ta'tichir'ry

six, seis, sexto (6) sexta

ill "God" ill " splendorous"

amurru ( plummed snake) amaru Andean Dragon

chakras (tibet, Space) chakra ( parcel as for land)

Kala (time) kalasasaya (rock columms to track the sun)

Edited by AMARUKHAN111666888

1. Charqui or charque, is a form of jerky common in South America made from dried and salted meat, originally llama where this animal roamed.
  2. the earliest mummy that has been found in Egypt dated around 3000 BC,[1] while the oldest mummy recovered from the Atacama Desert is dated around 7020 BC.[2] The artificial mummies of Chinchorro are believed to have first appeared around 5000 BC and reaching a peak around 3000 BC. Often Chinchorro mummies were elaborately prepared by removing the internal organs and replacing them with vegetable fibers or animal hair. In some cases an embalmer would remove the skin and flesh from the dead body and replace them with clay.
  3. Did the ancient egiptcians used salt to preserve their death? the answer is yes, where did get that knowladge? from the KARA

So are there any sources for this... I am hesitant to use the word information, since that implies it wasn't just a voice in your head. It certainly wasn't from someone educated in linguistics.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1

So are there any sources for this... I am hesitant to use the word information, since that implies it wasn't just a voice in your head. It certainly wasn't from someone educated in linguistics.

--Jaylemurph

Besides that, a Charqui is a wood burning oven in Greek

Anubis

Anubis4.jpg

Anubis is one of the most iconic gods of ancient Egypt. Anubis is the Greek version of his name, the ancient Egyptians knew him as Anpu (or Inpu). Anubis was an extremely ancient deity whose name appears in the oldest mastabas of theOld Kingdom and the Pyramid Texts as a guardian and protector of the dead.

ANU (dog in aymara)

black_dog.jpg

In the Andean oral tradition, there is an ANU "black dog" waiting for the souls to help them to cross a river to the afterlife.

Anubis

Anubis4.jpg

Anubis is one of the most iconic gods of ancient Egypt. Anubis is the Greek version of his name, the ancient Egyptians knew him as Anpu (or Inpu). Anubis was an extremely ancient deity whose name appears in the oldest mastabas of theOld Kingdom and the Pyramid Texts as a guardian and protector of the dead.

ANU (dog in aymara)

black_dog.jpg

In the Andean oral tradition, there is an ANU "black dog" waiting for the souls to help them to cross a river to the afterlife.

Generally speaking, linguist relationship is determined by a little more than the partial correspondence of a three-phoneme utterance. It usually requires a series of dozens of correspondances, along with descriptive rules describing regular sound changes between the proposed sister languages.

Presenting two words as if they were related without a rigorous description and analysis is one of the cheap tricks used by fringe hacks to make their arguments persuasive to readers unfamiliar with language. I'm not saying or even implying this was your intent, but you wouldn't want to be mistaken for a Hancock or a Sitchin, would you?

--Jaylemurph

Generally speaking, linguist relationship is determined by a little more than the partial correspondence of a three-phoneme utterance. It usually requires a series of dozens of correspondances, along with descriptive rules describing regular sound changes between the proposed sister languages.

Presenting two words as if they were related without a rigorous description and analysis is one of the cheap tricks used by fringe hacks to make their arguments persuasive to readers unfamiliar with language. I'm not saying or even implying this was your intent, but you wouldn't want to be mistaken for a Hancock or a Sitchin, would you?

--Jaylemurph

Legolinguistics? Yes, Legolinguistics. It's very popular here at UM.

Amarukhan pointed out that "Anubis" is the Greek rendering of the original ancient Egyptian pronunciation, which was something approximating Inpu. This is correct...to an extent. The problem here is, however, Egyptian hieroglyphs don't preserve vowel sounds, only consonants and weak consonants. So as far as we know, there was a vowel or two preceding Inpu, perhaps one or more within the collection of preserved sounds, and perhaps even one or more terminating the name.

In other words, the way the name in ancient Egyptian was pronounced might be considerably different from our own skeletal Inpu fragment. So to suggest that there must be some connection with an Andean dog because the two words sorta-kinda sound similar is, well, Legolinguistics.

I have just joined after reading this fantastic thread. I have always been interested in unexplained things and this definately perked my interest.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned and i have missed it, or mis interpreted it. The whole Atlantis thing, I notice that South America is constantly referred to as where

Atlantis could have been. Is it not possible that the continent of South America is infact Atlantis, and was once known as such?.

It certainly stands to reason that the ocean surrounding Atlantis could be called the Atlantic? As mentioned, the capital of the continent, also known as Atlantis, could have

sank into the sea, following a natural disaster. Further 'Unknowing' populations later labelling the continent South America?

It certainly stands to reason that the ocean surrounding Atlantis could be called the Atlantic?

It doesn't so much stand to reason as it stands to be abused by fringe flim-flam artists taking advantage of people's ignorance and credulity. The more accepted origin of the name is:

late 14c., occean of Athlant "sea off the west coast of Africa" (early 15c. as occean Atlantyke), from Latin Atlanticus, from Greek Atlantikos "of Atlas," adjectival form of Atlas (genitive Atlantos), in reference to Mount Atlas in Mauritania (see Atlas). Applied to the whole ocean since c.1600.

Source.

--Jaylemurph

Edit: spelling

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 1

I have just joined after reading this fantastic thread. I have always been interested in unexplained things and this definately perked my interest.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned and i have missed it, or mis interpreted it. The whole Atlantis thing, I notice that South America is constantly referred to as where

Atlantis could have been. Is it not possible that the continent of South America is infact Atlantis, and was once known as such?.

It certainly stands to reason that the ocean surrounding Atlantis could be called the Atlantic? As mentioned, the capital of the continent, also known as Atlantis, could have

sank into the sea, following a natural disaster. Further 'Unknowing' populations later labelling the continent South America?

To add to jaylemurph's contribution, think about the source. The source for the Atlantis fable is Plato. The story as told by Plato exists in no form or tradition of even a vaguely similar nature prior to Plato's work. Therefore, Plato is the source for the Atlantis tale.

That said, how in the hell would a fourth century BCE Athenian philosopher know anything about the land mass we call South America, let alone that it even existed?

The egiptians were the source o the island continent beyond the hercules" pillars. Plato called the island continent Atlantis after the atlas Mt. The farthest place to the west.

The symbol for planet Earth is a globe bisected by meridian lines into four quarters or, more simply put, circle with a plus sign in the middle. There have been many interpretations of the symbol over the years, some mythological and other religious. Either way, it is a symbol that has been used the world over for thousands of years.

The egiptians called this sign KA earthsymbol.jpg

this sign is also found tiwanaku bolivia, and many site in the Americas;in runa simi Ka means Land,

The inkas called their kingdom TAWANTISUYU "the land of the four corners"

The egiptians were the source o the island continent beyond the hercules" pillars. Plato called the island continent Atlantis after the atlas Mt. The farthest place to the west.

The symbol for planet Earth is a globe bisected by meridian lines into four quarters or, more simply put, circle with a plus sign in the middle. There have been many interpretations of the symbol over the years, some mythological and other religious. Either way, it is a symbol that has been used the world over for thousands of years.

The egiptians called this sign KA earthsymbol.jpg

this sign is also found tiwanaku bolivia, and many site in the Americas;in runa simi Ka means Land,

Nope, there's no evidence of any place that could be remotely misconstrued as Atlantis in Ancient Egyptian myths, legends, texts, etc.

Care to try again, as these are the signs for KA in Ancient Egyptian:

post-74391-0-49997900-1374391543_thumb.j

http://www.ancient-egypt.co.uk/transliteration/dictionary.htm

cormac

To add to jaylemurph's contribution, think about the source. The source for the Atlantis fable is Plato. The story as told by Plato exists in no form or tradition of even a vaguely similar nature prior to Plato's work. Therefore, Plato is the source for the Atlantis tale.

That said, how in the hell would a fourth century BCE Athenian philosopher know anything about the land mass we call South America, let alone that it even existed?

Right and all of the world the greeks knew of even in the third century bc.

111.JPEG

Reconstruction of world map according to Dicaearchus (300 B.C.)

earthsymbol.jpg

I think that's interesting .... i always wonder about how long some symbols have been in use and passed along. Not everything that is similar was developed coincidentally ?