Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lawmakers/Aides try to get out of Obamacare

Merc14

More

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/07/01/the-insiders-democrats-are-trying-to-suppress-the-confusion-and-hide-the-cost-of-obamacare/?hpid=z2

The Insiders: Democrats are trying to suppress the confusion and hide the cost of ObamaCare

I don’t know if Members of Congress will be hearing about it in town hall gatherings and other meetings back home over the Fourth of July recess, but the rolling thunder of the approaching ObamaCare train can be heard in the distance. Smart Democrats are beginning to get frantic about the need to suppress the confusion and hide the cost of ObamaCare between now and the 2014 midterm elections. We are just three months away from the October 1st enrollment start date and so far, nothing about the ObamaCare implementation process should be politically encouraging for Democrats. In fact, the more people learn about ObamaCare, the more frightened they become.

• Like 1

My mother in law, is scared to death about all this.

why?

I, and be repealed soon....Luckily, Texas Is not participating....

no and no. I have repeatedly reminded you that even if a state does not setup an exchange THE FEDERAL GOVERMENT WILL. Which of course puts the Federal government in charge. If that's what you want....

My mother in law, spent an hour and forty minutes, on the phone line, with the IRS! She told them, What are people gonna do when Obamacare kicks in, and they die waiting on the phone, wondering if they can or should go to the doctor!

I hope you are being sarcastic here because that's just about the craziest thing I've heard yet. The ACA is mostly about insurance. What does the government care if you can or should go to the doctor?

We are just three months away from the October 1st enrollment start date and so far, nothing about the ObamaCare implementation process should be politically encouraging for Democrats.

In fact the opposite is true. The first exchanges setup and information shared shows that rates will be less than current for those that need to participate in the exchanges.

The ACA is mostly about insurance. What does the government care if you can or should go to the doctor?

From a liberal pov and from the sales pitches cast upon it this is absolutely supposed to be because the government does care and they are making the right move towards a healthier and more productive society. And why would you as a liberal support a bill that is simply all about making insurance companies richer?

• Like 2

In fact the opposite is true. The first exchanges setup and information shared shows that rates will be less than current for those that need to participate in the exchanges.

I guess the law is bad enough to worry your party to the point that they delay a key part until AFTER the 2014elections. Why? If ACA is so great why keep putting the most important parts off?

Obama Administration Delays Health Care Law Employer Penalty Until 2015

The Obama Administration announced on Tuesday that it is delaying implementing a key component of the Affordable Care Act for a year following complaints from the private sector about reporting requirements.

The so-called employer mandate, which penalizes employers with more than 50 employees if they fail to provide a minimum standard of affordable health insurance, was set to kick in in 2014, but now will take effect in 2015, the Treasury Department announced in a blog post first reported by Bloomberg News. The delay not only allows the Administration time to alleviate concerns among business owners, but also takes a controversial component of the law off the table before the midterm elections.

Love to hear how keeping such wonderful legislation from taking effect until after the 2014 elections means it is a GOOD thing. LMAO.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

I guess our resident cheerleaders didn't see this one coming but I certainly did. 2014 congressional elections so delay the curse. I'm waiting for explanations.

http://www.dailymail...-elections.html

Obamacare employer mandate delayed until 2015 to give Democrats breathing room until after 2014 midterm elections, says Treasury source

I guess the law is bad enough to worry your party to the point that they delay a key part until AFTER the 2014elections. Why? If ACA is so great why keep putting the most important parts off?

Love to hear how keeping such wonderful legislation from taking effect until after the 2014 elections means it is a GOOD thing. LMAO.

.... Watching crappy legislation that no one wants, falling apart... Priceless!!

• Like 2

If Obamacare was so great we wouldn't be seeing people trying to exempt themselves, we wouldn't be seeing it get delayed for another year because of the burdens it creates. If it was so great people would be clamoring to get started and lamenting why it didn't start a year early. Like everything else big government does, it's a bloated mess of paperwork and lost productivity. The bane of economic health countrywide.

• Like 1

Obama Administration Delays Health Care Law Employer Penalty Until 2015

The Obama Administration announced on Tuesday that it is delaying implementing a key component of the Affordable Care Act for a year following complaints from the private sector about reporting requirements.

The so-called employer mandate, which penalizes employers with more than 50 employees if they fail to provide a minimum standard of affordable health insurance, was set to kick in in 2014, but now will take effect in 2015, the Treasury Department announced in a blog post first reported by Bloomberg News. The delay not only allows the Administration time to alleviate concerns among business owners, but also takes a controversial component of the law off the table before the midterm elections.

Remember how the Obama campaign tried to blame Romney because some guy's wife died of cancer after he lost his health insurance?

I wonder how many people are going to die during this year delay.....

• Like 1

If Obamacare was so great we wouldn't be seeing people trying to exempt themselves, we wouldn't be seeing it get delayed for another year because of the burdens it creates. If it was so great people would be clamoring to get started and lamenting why it didn't start a year early. Like everything else big government does, it's a bloated mess of paperwork and lost productivity. The bane of economic health countrywide.

You're far to logical. LOL. Seems simple doesn't it? We have the glad-handers running around telling us the wonders of Obamacare while teh politicians who will win or lose from it keep pushing the thing back so they can get one more term before the bottom falls out. The difference is the glad-handers here believe the propaganda and the politicians know the truth.

• Like 1

I like this bumper sticker...

anti_obamacare_bumper_sticker_2-p128923709127151969trl0_400.jpg

Ha ha for some reason this did make me almost spit my tea out ...Nice one lol :P

• Like 1

My mother in law, is scared to death about all this.

I'd gladly let my mother in law take part in it lol :ph34r:

:P

• Like 1

HA HA... My Father-In-Law was a true Obama-Liberal-CoolAid drinker last year... when he was unemployed and was not paying taxes and was collecting his free money. Now that he has a job with a Religious Conservative Retirement facility, he's turned into a Neo-con, and is telling everyone how Obamacare is going to Ruin him and how he shouldn't have to pay for all these freeloaders...

He cracks me up sometimes.

• Like 2

I'd gladly let my mother in law take part in it lol :ph34r:

:P

LOL....

:)

She's not the only one scared about it either. I talked to a friend of mine today, whose also worried sick about Obamacare. The plain, and simple truth is most people just can't afford health insurance. Their barely making ends meet right now.It's called "The Affordable Healthcare Act" Ha ha, yeah right....

• Like 1

HA HA... My Father-In-Law was a true Obama-Liberal-CoolAid drinker last year... when he was unemployed and was not paying taxes and was collecting his free money. Now that he has a job with a Religious Conservative Retirement facility, he's turned into a Neo-con, and is telling everyone how Obamacare is going to Ruin him and how he shouldn't have to pay for all these freeloaders...

He cracks me up sometimes.

That is called "class conscientious" or put simple: "Whose bread I eat, his song I sing"

• Like 2

This delay will give Employers an extra year till they have to fire enough people to get below that 50 employee mark.

Read in an article that this 50 employee mandate for insurance will likely cause small companies to retard growth when they reach 45 to 50 people on the payroll. Overall ecomonic growth may suffer as a result. And small business is a significant percentage of individual wages (and therefore taxes) and a smaller but relevant percentage of corporate wages/taxes.

• Like 1

From a liberal pov and from the sales pitches cast upon it this is absolutely supposed to be because the government does care and they are making the right move towards a healthier and more productive society. And why would you as a liberal support a bill that is simply all about making insurance companies richer?

Lastly, it's not a bill. It's been the law of land for YEARS now.

But I wanted what the brits have. Medicare for all.

Love to hear how keeping such wonderful legislation from taking effect

It's just one part of it. Not the whole thing. It's debatable as to whether it's a "key" or major part it.

If Obamacare was so great we wouldn't be seeing people trying to exempt themselves,

Sure you would. The entire GOP is out to stop it. Mostly because frankly they don't understand it. Change is hard for Gopasaurs

and is telling everyone how Obamacare is going to Ruin him

How exactly? because he has to buy insurance?

I talked to a friend of mine today, whose also worried sick about Obamacare. The plain, and simple truth is most people just can't afford health insurance. T

seriously?! worried sick? what crap is your friend listening to? the blaze? The plain and simple truth is that insurance rates are allowed to go wild in the current with no competition. By making them compete in exchanges against each other we will NOW have a market based system that is regulated apples to apples. Well except in Texas where the FEDERAL government will setup and control the exchange.

It's just one part of it. Not the whole thing. It's debatable as to whether it's a "key" or major part it.

]\

Really? Then why did the administration do it if it is a nothing event and it is vital to the finances of this monstrosity and it is so please do not try and minimize it? BTW one and all, this is perfectly legal as it is in the language of the bill that the regime, I mean administration, can determine when this takes effect. There is only one reason all these things are geared to the election cycle no matter what NN says.

Listen one and all, it doesn't matter since the outcome has always been collapse of the system to attain single payer, the dems just don't want to lose the house and Senate in 14 as they are making too much money. This is the most corrupt and inept government in the history of the country and your kids will be paying for it.

Edited by Merc14

seriously?! worried sick? what crap is your friend listening to? the blaze? The plain and simple truth is that insurance rates are allowed to go wild in the current with no competition. By making them compete in exchanges against each other we will NOW have a market based system that is regulated apples to apples. Well except in Texas where the FEDERAL government will setup and control the exchange.

Listening to every single business magazine and financial adviser in the country and teh many democrats quitting to escape the wrath of their constituents. What the hell are you listening to, the DNC that keeps putting this thing off? Doesn't that ring any bells in that dome of yours?

I'm not sure. He seems to buy into whatever propoganda that strikes him at the time. Maybe he is the perfect representation of the average American? Unthinking and just repeating what he saw on Hannity and O'Reilly.

• Like 1

I thought everyone was getting free healthcare? LMFAO Reality sucks and it is setting in now.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1