Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skyflashes Evidence Of Mulitcoloured UFOs

NatureBoff

There's numerous undeniable evidence that skyflashes are a real phenomenon which have the colours of Blue, Green, Orange and Red. These are the exact colour range of thousands of reported UFO sightings. Aurora can be seen to be yellow and lilac, which aren't colours of reported UFOs.

Go to 2min 45 secs for pink/orange skyflash footage and 5 mins 0 secs for red skyflash. Bluish at 18min 18secs..

Here's a bunch of posts who have seen GREEN skyflashes three of which also say that electrical disruption also occurred at the same time.

Why did the sky flash green last night?

Last night i looked out my window and every so often the sky would flash green for maybe a second or two. This pretty much happened all night until sunrise. No sound of thunder either. However my tv turned on and off a couple times.

On Monday, January 20, 1997 I woke up before sunrise. About 7:00 a.m. I noticed a flash outside, then I looked more closely and it looked like the sky was blinking at irregular intervals-blinks at different locations in the sky. It was cloudy, and the temperature had changed from below zero readings the night before to the 20's that morning. I wondered if it could be the aurora borealis or heat lightning, but it didn't really seem like either of those phenomena. When I asked my colleague, the earth science teacher, he said he had heard of this before sunrise phenomenon but had never observed it himself and didn't know the cause. Since it was a school holiday, apparently none of my students observed this amazing sight. It was a totally cool sight! Can anyone explain what caused this?

Did anyone else see this?? I was driving home from the city this evening, about 7:00 and as I passed through the Orinda/Lafayette area the WHOLE sky lit up a greenish blue for a second or two. I thought it was lightning at first but then it happened again twice...no thunder, no lighting bolt. Did something blow up in the hills? My first thought was that maybe the Martinez shell plant blew up but I cant find anything in the news...

That green flash across the sky on Sunday evening...

By sheer freakish luck, I happened to have seen it. For a while, my heart sank as my ears braced for an explosion. Fortunately, by now, we can safely conclude that it wasn't an aircrash. Whatever it was, it travelled quite slowly, slow enough for my wife to catch a glimpse in the anticipated direction of travel when the object re-emerged after being blocked by some flats. It definitely travelled slower than a meteor. The best way I can describe it is that, it looked like an unusually large ball of fireworks stuff, constantly disintegrating as it moves southwards. No photograph though. Just chipping in my 2 cents worth, desperately hoping to hear the truth about this "UFO".

Freaky, on the 8th January 2008, in Nottinghamshire (England) about 8.45 at night me and friends all over the county witnessed the sky light up bright green for about 5seconds and then again for about 2 seconds. Scared everyone as the power grid went down twice, but there has been no reports of any electrical damage to any sub stations or transformers. There was just silence and no noise what so ever. Just keen to find out where you witnessed it as your account seems very similar.

I'm glad someone else has seen this as I thought I was going mad. Whilst driving home from work tonight ( 9th Jan 08) at around 5.50pm I saw the whole sky flash green suddenly...with no noise also. The street lamps cut out and then flickered back on. Really strange. This was on the A31 west bound in Dorset.

The aurora which have DIFFERENT colours to skyflashes and UFO reports.

SKYFLASHES CAN'T BE METEORS OR LIGHTNING SO DON'T POST TO SUGGEST SO!! (Not that you'll listen)

• Like 1

Just posted here Bright White Light

3:55 am July 3rd 2013 I awoken awoken suddenly to a bright white light shining through my blinds outside my bedroom window. I'm on the second story above street lights and zero possibility of car lights. I got out of my bed to investigate and the shining light was in the sky. In that time it moved to the right and seemed to move in a slight circular movement. At approximately 4:02 the light disappeared. Wide awake I proceeded to go outside and look for a possible reason and no moon was visible. I waited about 10 minutes, the sky was partially cloudy and no reminisce of the light. Kicking myself for not going outside sooner!

Any ideas what this light could have been? I am a rational 25 yr old female, no drug or alcohol use and was 100% awake for this experience.

They could be mete..............................oh sorry.

• Like 2

quote:

"A great mystery was set in motion a few years ago when a spacecraft designed to measure gamma-ray bursts -- the most powerful explosions in the Universe -- found that Earth was actually emitting some flashes of its own".

Named Terrestrial gamma-ray flashes (TGFs), these very short blasts of gamma rays lasting about one millisecond, are emitted into space from Earth's upper atmosphere. Scientists believe electrons traveling at nearly the speed of light scatter off of atoms and decelerate in the upper atmosphere, emitting the TGFs.

NASA link

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/rhessi_tgf.html

"A great mystery was set in motion a few years ago when a spacecraft designed to measure gamma-ray bursts -- the most powerful explosions in the Universe -- found that Earth was actually emitting some flashes of its own".

Named Terrestrial gamma-ray flashes (TGFs), these very short blasts of gamma rays lasting about one millisecond, are emitted into space from Earth's upper atmosphere. Scientists believe electrons traveling at nearly the speed of light scatter off of atoms and decelerate in the upper atmosphere, emitting the TGFs.

NASA link

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/rhessi_tgf.html

It's an interesting link, so thanks for sharing. Unfortunately it doesn't offer an answer for the skyflashes seen by people on the ground.
TGFs have been associated with lightning strikes and may be related to red sprites and blue jets, side effects of thunderstorms that occur in the upper atmosphere and are typically only visible with high-altitude aircraft and satellites. The exact relationship between all these events is still unclear, though...TGFs are emitted as narrowly focused beams that would only be detected when the satellite is directly in their path.
Edited by RingFenceTheCity

It's an interesting link, so thanks for sharing. Unfortunately it doesn't offer an answer for the skyflashes seen by people on the ground.

Sprites, taken from the ground :tu:

red_sprites3.jpg

Martin-Popek-sprites1903-1-z-1b_1314534772.jpg

Red_Sprites_2012.jpg

"Sprites are large-scale electrical discharges that occur high above thunderstorm clouds, or cumulonimbus, giving rise to a quite varied range of visual shapes flickering in the night sky. They are triggered by the discharges of positive lightning between an underlying thundercloud and the ground".

Sprites appear as luminous reddish-orange flashes. They often occur in clusters within the altitude range 50–90 km above the Earth's surface. Sporadic visual reports of sprites go back at least to 1886, but they were first photographed on July 6, 1989 by scientists from the University of Minnesota and have subsequently been captured in video recordings many thousands of times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_%28lightning%29

• Like 3

(Not that you'll listen)

You rarely listen to anyone on this forum or offer any kind of reasonable argument.

People offer you known explanations and you either ignore them or dismiss them.

• Like 2

"Sprites are large-scale electrical discharges that occur high above thunderstorm clouds, or cumulonimbus, giving rise to a quite varied range of visual shapes flickering in the night sky. They are triggered by the discharges of positive lightning between an underlying thundercloud and the ground". Sprites appear as luminous reddish-orange flashes. They often occur in clusters within the altitude range 50-90 km above the Earth's surface.

Okay, thanks for the interesting photos and info. Unfortunately this still doesn't fit with skyflashes that light up the whole sky in non-thunderstorm conditions. Nor does it explain the skyflashes which have a blue colour or green colour. The info you've given says "They often occur in clusters within the altitude range 50-90 km above the Earth's surface". This doesn't fit with any eye-witness accounts which are given in the OP. It doesn't fit with any of the video footage given in the OP. It is therefore NOT a contender to explain the many skyflash reports that happen during clear conditions. Edited by RingFenceTheCity

There's numerous undeniable evidence that skyflashes are a real phenomenon which have the colours of Blue, Green, Orange and Red. These are the exact colour range of thousands of reported UFO sightings. Aurora can be seen to be yellow and lilac, which aren't colours of reported UFOs.

Go to 2min 45 secs for pink/orange skyflash footage and 5 mins 0 secs for red skyflash. Bluish at 18min 18secs..

[media=]

[/media]

Here's a bunch of posts who have seen GREEN skyflashes three of which also say that electrical disruption also occurred at the same time.

Having now watched the entire video carefully, it was grueling I might add, the opening shots show a known led ufo rc thingy. will see if I can find the actual; vid later as Im off out now, and toward the end it looks like someone is filming off a tv, and again near the end it would seem someone is shining something on a window thats being filmed. For the most part however, this vid does not show sky flashes at all, just non descript lights in the sky, so Id say you are basing this thread on what some people have allegedly commented on, and this vid.

Not much is it?

laters..

#

et, just realized the vid above, BEFORE PLAYING, shows the image that I described as being a torch shone on a tv,

Edited by seeder

Okay, thanks for the interesting photos and info. Unfortunately this still doesn't fit with skyflashes that light up the whole sky in non-thunderstorm conditions. Nor does it explain the skyflashes which have a blue colour or green colour. The info you've given says "They often occur in clusters within the altitude range 50-90 km above the Earth's surface". This doesn't fit with any eye-witness accounts which are given in the OP. It is therefore NOT a contender to explain the many skyflash reports that happen during clear conditions.

Okay, that YT footage is annoying, I agree, and not well documented. The above response now has that line deleted. Sprites CANNOT account for the eye-witness accounts of green and blue skyflashes in clear conditions. FACT. Don't try and change the subject. Please try and stick to the logic of the argument involved.

Okay, that YT footage is annoying, I agree, and not well documented. The above response now has that line deleted. Sprites CANNOT account for the eye-witness accounts of green and blue skyflashes in clear conditions. FACT. Don't try and change the subject. Please try and stick to the logic of the argument involved.

Listen up mate, I do not try and change any subject , ever. Present me with solid evidence of these flashes before I continue further, and that doesn't mean non-descript user comments and stories, when you have some solid evidence and FACTUAL reports of the phenomena, that in turn totally rule out the FACTUAL phenomena I have already presented, then pls go ahead and post

Take your time now

• Like 2

Someone is working really hard NOT to explain this one.

Why is that?

quote:

NASA link

http://www.nasa.gov/...rhessi_tgf.html

Another nicely irrelevant post particularly when the video's clearly show unidentified craft.

:whistle:

This is funny.... those more scientifically inclined is working on an Earthly explanation. Something that the true believers hate.

There is only one explanation that will satisfy these clowns - ALIENZZ.

• Like 2

Having now watched the entire video carefully, it was grueling I might add, the opening shots show a known led ufo rc thingy. will see if I can find the actual; vid later as Im off out now, and toward the end it looks like someone is filming off a tv, and again near the end it would seem someone is shining something on a window thats being filmed. For the most part however, this vid does not show sky flashes at all, just non descript lights in the sky, so Id say you are basing this thread on what some people have allegedly commented on, and this vid.

Not much is it?

laters..

#

et, just realized the vid above, BEFORE PLAYING, shows the image that I described as being a torch shone on a tv,

I think its from the SCI-FILM Skyline

• Like 1

This is funny.... those more scientifically inclined is working on an Earthly explanation. Something that the true believers hate.

There is only one explanation that will satisfy these clowns - ALIENZZ.

You mean like the ones mentioned in the Ramey memo?

:whistle:

Edited by zoser

Listen up mate, I do not try and change any subject , ever. Present me with solid evidence of these flashes before I continue further, and that doesn't mean non-descript user comments and stories, when you have some solid evidence and FACTUAL reports of the phenomena, that in turn totally rule out the FACTUAL phenomena I have already presented, then pls go ahead and post

Take your time now

Lol! Your efforts to explain the many eye-witness accounts of coloured skyflashes has failed, and you don't like it.

Firstly, you tried Terrestrial gamma-ray flashes (TGF) and I politely showed you that if you had actually read and understood the NASA article you linked to, it says that TGFs are typically seen in the very outer atmosphere by satellites and high-altitude aircraft. Therefore it cannot account for the coloured skyflashes seen from the ground.

Secondly, you attempted to use Sprites, associated with tops of thunderstorms, as the source of people's eye-witness accounts of coloured skyflashes. Again I politely pointed out to you that unfortunately this still doesn't account with skyflashes seen in non-thunderstorm conditions. Nor does it explain the skyflashes which have a blue colour or green colour due to Sprites being only reddish in colour.

I'm saying that the colours of the observed skyflashes have the same colours as that of observed UFOs, namely; blue, green, orange and red. I've even given an account which someone posted just today, of a bright white inexplicable skyflash, which fits with UFO sightings more than any other colour. Due to their being no known atmospheric cause of these reported aerial skyflash phenomena, I'm stating that this is evidence that UFOs are responsible for the coloured skyflashes.

I don't want to make you angry, it's just that the evidence speaks for itself.

Edited by RingFenceTheCity

Due to their being no known atmospheric cause of these reported aerial skyflash phenomena, I'm stating that this is evidence that UFOs are responsible for the coloured skyflashes.

There is no point in trying to state anything as being in any way factual until all evidence is available. We simply do not know anywhere near enough about the atmosphere to be able to rule everything else out and then make a large leap and assume they are caused by ufo's. (two phenomenas exhibiting the same colours does not automatically equate to a direct link).

• Like 3

There is no point in trying to state anything as being in any way factual until all evidence is available. We simply do not know anywhere near enough about the atmosphere to be able to rule everything else out and then make a large leap and assume they are caused by ufo's. (two phenomenas exhibiting the same colours does not automatically equate to a direct link).

Strongly agreed, you cant agree on 1% of evidence

• Like 1

The biological UFOs are the favourites in explaining the skyflash phenomena. It's a fact.

Nor does it explain the skyflashes which have a blue colour or green colour due to Sprites being only reddish in colour.

Blue sprite :tu:

V9QzDs_2.jpeg

http-inlinethumb06.webshots.com-32069-2511108600103830173S600x600Q85.jpg

Green, tho I cannot confirm TBH

sprite1.jpg

Im still waiting for the facts and links to credible witness reports please? or dont you have any?

• Like 2

The biological UFOs are the favourites in explaining the skyflash phenomena. It's a fact.

It all comes down to preference - whether you want to believe something is the answer, or if you want to know what the answer is. I want to know, I always want to know regardless of the result. Your 'facts' don't even enter the equation for me. And before you start harping on about debunkers or sceptics, I'm not one (check my entire posting history for that if you're not sure). :tu:

Edited by Sky Scanner
  • Like 3

Green flashes and green rays are optical phenomena that occur shortly after sunset or before sunrise, when a green spot is visible, usually for no more than a second or two, above the sun, or it may resemble a green ray shooting up from the sunset point. Green flashes are a group of phenomena stemming from different causes, and some are more common than others

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_flash

• Like 2