Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should New Laws Be Passed.

and-then

HOW DARE YOU SEE BOTH SIDES OF AN AGRUMENT ON THE INTERNET!!!!! :angry: YOU MUST DISPLAY FANATICAL DEVOTION TO ONLY ONE SIDE AT ALL TIMES!!!!!!

I feel so ashamed, so much so, that when the biased police came to arrest me, I had them put a blanket over my head so the neighbors wont see me getting shoved into the police car...

I liked a few of and then's posts a while back. It made me feel so dirty and wrong.....

I know me too ..I felt some sort of buzz when I clicked an -and then post... like like like.. Ohhh it gave me chills.. I felt like a rebel without a cause.... I feel like taking a stand and starting up a - LIKE PRIDE PARADE...and chant - "WE'RE HERE...WE HAVE NO FEAR......GET USED TO IT" .... With LIKE button signs on our t-shirts lol :lol:

I may disagree with the man on most everything (And Then, not George Michael. There's just too much funny there) but damned if I don't just like the guy. :lol:

I like -and then too...He may be a christian, and most likely thinks I can't sneak my way into heaven, but...he has got guts and he is a likeable guy.. Pun intended lol :P

and then...we salute you...

• Like 2

AndThen

So would it be safe to say that your original intention in creating the post was to discuss the death penalty, in one way or another?

Actually I think that the primary issue isn't death for the offense so much as harsh punishment that is CERTAIN to be enforced when there is no doubt. Prime example of how ridiculous things have become is the Major Hasan case at Ft. Hood. The man jumped up on a table in a crowded room, yelled alahu ahkbar and slaughtered 12 of his compatriots in uniform. There should have been a hearing within days and the survivors should have been given a chance to independently verify what they saw in front of a judge or panel of judges then he either should have been summarily executed or put in a cell to think about things for, forever. Obviously not every case is so simple but even the Tsarnayev brothers situation is unmistakable. Video evidence and witnesses. The young man will probably never see freedom again but the trial will take many months and his opinions about the "nobility" of his cause will receive airing in public that he does not deserve. My complaint is less about the form the punishment may take that the certainty and speed of punishing traitorous behavior.
  • Like 1

We have no idea what the threshold is for being labeled a "domestic terrorist."

That's a very broad term you're using. Too broad ...

• Like 2

Oooppps I did it again...lol

"It is simply ENDING "Muslims" and doing so quickly and doing so every time for every one of them."

Fixed it.

Since this thread was based on an incident in Canada could someone tell me if the Canadians carry the same fanatical ideas of a "War against Islam" as a few fundies in the US do? They already hijacked our national conversation once and that era seems to be over. Would they ever have a chance at doing that in Canada?

Do you always quote a person, and then change their words? That's a lousy thing to do.

• Like 2

Fanatical Islam is the new Communism in the States, since Communists no longer seem so fearsome. The political right in the States needs some such focus of fear so as to justify the size of the military, foreign adventurism and various forms of domestic control. Not being "tough enough" on such groups is a useful weapon to use against more rational politicians.

Do you always quote a person, and then change their words? That's a lousy thing to do.

It's called - tell others how to think and act.. Control you,like what a cult would do..Think this way, act this way, say it our way, if you are not for us, you are against us hisssssssss lol..

Me thinks Aerosmith and RUN DMC were part of a controlling cult, with lyrics like - Walk this way, talk this way...

Yup they were a controlling cult, one that sucked me right in..Loved that song :P

More controlling folks....Like the movie Children of the damned, the kids just looked, eyes glowed and they made the adults do what they wanted....The Simpsons done a parody of the same movie..Were the children of Springfield ( Bart, Lisa, Nelson, Milhouse,Ralf etc ) all told their parents secrets.. with their glowing eyes and their funny English accents saying . "We know ALL your secrets ".. :lol:

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

More controlling folks....Like the movie Children of the damned, the kids just looked, eyes glowed and they made the adults do what they wanted....The Simpsons done a parody of the same movie..We the children of Springfield ( Bart, Lisa, Nelson, Milhouse,Ralf etc ) all told their parents secrets.. with their glowing eyes and their funny English accents saying . "We know ALL your secrets ".. :lol:

I loved that episode....

:)

• Like 1

Fanatical Islam is the new Communism in the States, since Communists no longer seem so fearsome. The political right in the States needs some such focus of fear so as to justify the size of the military, foreign adventurism and various forms of domestic control. Not being "tough enough" on such groups is a useful weapon to use against more rational politicians.

Not sure if the political left is any better than the political right. Both are crap in my opinion.

• Like 1

Imagine if, as we saw in Egypt, 15+ million Americans took to the streets for a week or more, blocked roadways, downtown areas, etc....

What would the federal government do?

If you already know, then you're a domestic terrorist ...now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCsjuqgIwJI

9038542405_7321dbbae7_o.jpg9040700852_3e4af48965_o.jpg

Imagine if, as we saw in Egypt, 15+ million Americans took to the streets for a week or more, blocked roadways, downtown areas, etc....

What would the federal government do?

If you already know, then you're a domestic terrorist ...now

*snip*

Excuse me while I go read 1 Corinthians 13.

A precursory search of history will reveal that from time to time governments do come down on sections of their population but that in many cases law and order is maintained for the majority. America has had its own dark chapters.

History also reveals that from time to time peasant revolts occur and in most instances law and order fails. Like an unstoppable machine of violence once it begins to eliminate the government it just cannot turn off and begins to turn on other sections of the population.

Why anyone would want to see unrest in America is beyond me. Horrible things have happened in Egypt beginning with violence towards women whom all sides there will use those from the opposite camp as a focal point of attack. In either case pray we never mirror their experience in scope or scale.

Edited by The world needs you

Excuse me while I go read 1 Corinthians 13.

A precursory search of history will reveal that from time to time governments do come down on sections of their population but that in many cases law and order is maintained for the majority. America has had its own dark chapters.

History also reveals that from time to time peasant revolts occur and in most instances law and order fails. Like an unstoppable machine of violence once it begins to eliminate the government it just cannot turn off and begins to turn on other sections of the population.

Why anyone would want to see unrest in America is beyond me. Horrible things have happened in Egypt beginning with violence towards women whom all sides there will use those from the opposite camp as a focal point of attack. In either case pray we never mirror their experience in scope or scale.

When it happens in the US there it will be on a scale we have never scene in modern history. Egypt will seem like a roman gladiator vs a cave man. The US is in a spin that will not stop till the people stop it. Russia or the Chinese will not aid in a US revolt. The US aiding in another nations revolt is almost comedie.

• Like 1

Okay I'll try asking for your opinion for the 3rd time, even though you're so emphatic that you haven't given it yet after asking you twice already.

And because my question is directed at everyone, does anyone want to take a crack at what in the world these harsher punishments are that we're referring to?

My guess is that some Americans support cruel, unusual torture and public executions. There is a segment of our population that thirsts for blood in the guise of justice. Some of them would like an Americanized form of Sharia Law with punishments that would have been popular in the realm of Vlad the Impaler. Yet more examples of why we need enlightened rule of law as a guide for our reactions to law-breakers.

• Like 3