Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is the scariest movie?

xBlackDahliax

Some of the scariest movies Iv ever seen had played on attacking your psyche instead of the outright gore and blood visuals.

The Entity has to be the most Frightning film Especially if your a woman, the music is so intense

17816_498525186874629_1330958283_n.jpg

captive audience ... future dinner ...

~

• Like 3

The Shining but the TV miniseries version. It was done with Stephen King helping out. The bath tub scene gave me nightmares as an adult.

I didn't even know there was a TV series !!

I really want to see it:

Stephen King's The Shining is a new adaptation from the author himself, made for television, that bears very little resemblance to the 1980 Stanley Kubrick version. That's not surprising since Kubrick threw out most of King's novel and presented his own version of the story. Here King redresses the balance in a miniseries that follows his original almost to the letter, and manages to be effectively creepy despite the budget and censorship limitations of the TV format. Stephen Weber takes over the role of Jack Torrance, the caretaker who slowly descends into madness in the haunted Overlook Hotel. His performance is as far from Jack Nicholson as you could get, with his insanity building slowly and menacingly rather than being virtually mad from the get-go. Rebecca De Mornay is superb as Wendy Torrance, struggling to hold her fragile family together amid the spooky goings-on. Young Courtland Mead plays Danny, whose unique gifts give the story its title, as one of those infuriating TV brats who overacts left, right, and center. Fortunately, there are enough creepy moments and a number of frights to hold the whole thing together, the woman-in-the-bathtub scene being a standout shocker. Sure, there is nothing quite like Nicholson's "Here's Johnny!" moment, but this is the story King wanted to tell and it still shines brighter than most of the other recent screen adaptations of his work.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/

• Like 2

The Entity has to be the most Frightning film Especially if your a woman, the music is so intense

Yeah I remember my uncle came in when I was sleeping over at my grandmas and I wasnt sleep and he started watching that movie, I was watching it, its scary but I was like ten years old at the time so it scared me ****less.

• 3 weeks later...

I vote for the Exorcist too. Something about the music, the imagery and the overall dreariness of the settings makes it all the more scary.

Yes, the whole film is a piece of art. I will forever protest that it is more of a documentary than an outright horror showing. The music is downright terrifying, it only appears in a handful of segments but darn is it effective. The dreary part is most definitely inside that harrowing house. The outside scenes are a welcome relief, you hear your exhalations escape into the vibrancy of those parts.

I vote for the Exorcist too. Something about the music, the imagery and the overall dreariness of the settings makes it all the more scary. I remember the Omen being somewhat creepy, but I haven't seen it in quite a while, maybe I'll have to watch that one again to see how it holds up after all these years.

Original before my time, though I watched original and remake on DVD over two nights. I though the remake was very much better, except perhaps what is often seen as the main scene in the film, the hanging at Damian's birthday party, the original perhaps had the edge.

I'm a huge fan of Guillermo Del Toro I'm a fan of whatever this guy puts his hands on, He directed this one called the Orphanage I thought it was pretty creepy

• Like 1

Although it didn't scare me, I liked "Children of the Damned" (the original). It's really a remake of "Village of the Damned" but with a larger budget and more complicated plot. Stoic children are just spooky to me.

Yea RP!! The Orphanage (or El Orfanato) was an EXPERIENCE back when I saw it in the cinema. I was astonished and more than a little peeved when a gigantic slab of the paying customers, around a third, proceeded to walk out when they saw it was subtitled, their loss. The atmospheric build ups are phenomenal and the plot is so heart wrenching and fascinating. Hollywood simply doesn't make horror films with actual worthwhile plots anymore. There were several excellent 'jump' moments too. The ending left me very upset but it was beautiful at the same time.

Yeah DancingCorps I loved that movie, and I thought it was even better with the subtitles

I tried watching another Paranormal Activity the other night, it was painful. There were about two decent moments, the rest was a cobbled together mess of scenes and ideas stolen from other far far superior horror movies, with dreadful acting performances and hideous progression of story. It was the fourth installment and jeez, the way they attempted to suggest a link between that and the third was hilarious. This franchise really devalues the concept of horror and gives absolutely no wisdom or opinion or viable interpretation to the paranormal aspect. It makes NO sense!!

Definitely The Exorcist

that movie was not scary.disturbing as to what they made the actress do, but not scary

I tried watching another Paranormal Activity the other night, it was painful. There were about two decent moments, the rest was a cobbled together mess of scenes and ideas stolen from other far far superior horror movies, with dreadful acting performances and hideous progression of story. It was the fourth installment and jeez, the way they attempted to suggest a link between that and the third was hilarious. This franchise really devalues the concept of horror and gives absolutely no wisdom or opinion or viable interpretation to the paranormal aspect. It makes NO sense!!

Those movies make a TON of money lol iv never liked them

I saw The Human Centipede the other night, i was really disappointed. I had so many people saying how scary it is so i rented it out with high hopes.

One film that really made me jump is Rec.

I saw The Human Centipede the other night, i was really disappointed. I had so many people saying how scary it is so i rented it out with high hopes.

You can still rent movies there. Video stores here have gone the way of the dodo. As a kid the cartoon Watership down really creeped me out.

I thought that movie was just grotesque, not scary at all. Rec was a good one though

The most scariest, twisted, grotesque, sick and deranged movie I've never seen is A Serbian Film.

They say 8mm is a Disney movie in comparison, and it seems that way.

I would never defile my senses by watching this movie, I've heard enough of it retold to me so that I can dub it the most scariest and sick movie I've never seen.

that movie was not scary.disturbing as to what they made the actress do, but not scary

Linda was extemely well protected and informed on set and many of the more gruesome and unsightly things were done by a double, it was most definitely a demanding role and to deal with the fallout and maturity of the role, she sure had to be a resolute and resplendent young woman!

For me its: Threads. A BBC production.

I will admit that I wasn't able to watch the entire thing. I stopped watching when a woman started eating a radiated dead sheep. Didn't cook it and she used her hands as utensils.:/

Edited by Asadora

lol @ A Serbian Movie, that's just plain wrong. I think by mentioning this flick, it breaches several terms of agreement on these boards :whistle: 120 Days of Sodom is pretty effed up, the Guinea Pig series, The ABCs of Death.

• Like 2

I cant wait to see the conjuring, It actually looks scary. The advert for the movie made jump a little, and thats never happened to me before.

I don't know if Session 9 was ever mentioned but that movie creeeeeeeeped me out, big time. I also thought Shutter Island was phenomenal, not really scary though

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

Session 9 was very interesting, just thinking about the line 'I live in the weak and wounded, doc' just gave me the goosebumps eek! I really love the place it was filmed too, the infamous Danvers State Mental Hospital, riveting history as with all buildings of that era.

Shutter Island is a brilliant movie, whilst the plot is not particularly fresh now, the execution and little nuances are really stimulating and Di Caprio's performance with the ending being the stand out for me, is phenomenal. Under rated actor when you think about the depth of the man's career so far.

I am slightly interested in The Conjuring also. I saw a couple trailers and the scares seem above the average that are around in horror recently. The 'BASED ON A TRUE STORY' puts me off though. I doubt the plot will be all that interesting but a few scenes may be worth the watch from what I gather.

Yeah Session 9 is kind of a hard movie to figure out, I'm still not positive but believe it was a demon that was the one that said ' I live in the weak and wounded doc' its creepy nevertheless,

I loved Shutter Island and own it, I will say Di Caprio is pretty underrated, Along with James Franco. they both can be pretty diverse in the roles they take on.