Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deaths of JFK Witnesses

Kowalski

Some writers who have investigated the assassination of John F. Kennedy have claimed that a large number of witnesses to the event have died in mysterious circumstances. The Sunday Times reported that "the odds against these witnesses being dead by February, 1967, were one hundred thousand trillion to one." When the Select Committee on Assassinations questioned the newspaper reporter who wrote the article, he admitted he had made a "careless journalistic mistake".

Taken from http://www.spartacus...k/JFKdeaths.htm

Actually, the odds of all these people who were either witnesses, or connected to Oswald, is more like:

The calculated probability that at least eighteen witnesses would die of any cause within three years of the JFK assassination was 1 in 100,000 trillion.”

—Jim Marrs, New York Times bestselling author of Crossfire

1400 JFK-related witnesses, the probability of at least

- 15 UNNATURAL deaths within ONE year of the assassination: 1 in 167 TRILLION.

- 33 UNNATURAL deaths within THREE years: 1 in 137 TRILLION TRILLION.

- 70 UNNATURAL deaths from 1964-77: 1 in 714 MILLION TRILLION TRILLION.

- 40 HOMICIDES from 1964-77: 1 in a BILLION TRILLION TRILLION TRILLION.

552 Warren Commission witnesses

- EXACTLY 10 HOMICIDES in THREE years: 1 in 31,000 TRILLION.

- EXACTLY 14 HOMICIDES from 1964-1977: 1 in 4,000 TRILLION.

David Ferrie:

On 17th February, 1967, The New Orleans States-Item reported that Garrison was investigating the assassination of Kennedy. It also said that one of the suspects was David Ferrie. Five days later Ferrie's body was found in his New Orleans apartment. Although two suicide notes were found, the coroner did not immediately classify the death as a suicide, noting there were indications Ferrie may have suffered a brain hemorrhage.

Taken from: http://www.spartacus...k/JFKferrie.htm

Mary Pinchot Meyer:

According to his biography, Flashbacks (1983) Timothy Leary claims that Mary phoned him the day after Kennedy was assassinated: "They couldn't control him any more. He was changing too fast. He was learning too much... They'll cover everything up. I gotta come see you. I'm scared. I'm afraid."

Taken from: http://www.spartacus...k/JFKmeyerM.htm

Gary Underhill told friends that he feared for his life: "I know who they are. That's the problem. They know I know. That's why I'm here. I can't stay in New York." Underhill was found dead on 8th May 1964. He had been shot in the head and it was officially ruled that he had committed suicide. However, in his book, Destiny Betrayed (1992), James DiEugenio claimed that the bullet entered the right-handed Underhill's head behind the left ear.

Taken: http://www.spartacus...k/JFKdeaths.htm

Nancy Carole Tyler worked as secretary to Bobby Baker. At the time of the assassination she was living with Mary Jo Kopechne, who worked for George Smathers (she later became secretary to Robert Kennedy). According to W. Penn Jones Jr, it was Tyler and Kopechne who told Baker that John F. Kennedy planned to replace Lyndon B. Johnsonas vice president. Tyler died in a plane crash, near Ocean City, Maryland, on 10th May, 1965. Kopechne was later to die in the car of Edward Kennedy on 18th July, 1969.

Taken from: http://www.spartacus...k/JFKdeaths.htm

Edited by Saru
Trimmed quote lengths
  • Like 5

Oink oink ... said Napoleon ....

~

• Like 2

Good work, Kowalski! :tsu:

• Like 2

I guess they couldn't control Lincoln any more either.

Check this site out: http://www.assassina...1n2/deaths.html

In the three-year period which followed the murder of President Kennedy and Lee Harvey Oswald, 18 material witnesses died - six by gunfire, three in motor accidents, two by suicide, one from a cut throat, one from a karate chop to the neck, three from heart attacks and two from natural causes.
Yet it is now well established that the CIA was developing a wide-range of lethal techniques for disposing of people dating back to the early 1950s. Testifying before the Church Committee in 1975, CIA technicians told of a variety of TWEP technology - Termination With Extreme Prejudice - including liquid botulinum toxins and a pulmonary-embolism-causing pill which cannot be detected in a post-mortem examination.
Edited by Saru
Trimmed quote lengths
  • Like 2

Well... .since they actually did die, I would say the odds are more like 100%...

• Like 1

The death of Lee Bowers, Jr. Is definitely weird....

On 22nd November, 1963, Bowers was working in a high tower overlooking the Dealey Plaza in Dallas. He had a good view of the presidential motorcade and was able to tell theWarren Commission about the three cars that entered the forbidden area just before the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Bowers also reported seeing two men standing near the picket fence on the Grassy Knoll. He added: "These men were the only two strangers in the area. The others were workers whom I knew." Bowers said the two men were there while the shots were fired.

Mark Lane interviewed Bowers for his book Rush to Judgment (1966): "At the time of the shooting, in the vicinity of where the two men I have described were, there was a flash of light or, as far as I am concerned, something I could not identify, but there was something which occurred which caught my eye in this immediate area on the embankment. Now, what this was, I could not state at that time and at this time I could not identify it, other than there was some unusual occurrence - a flash of light or smoke or something which caused me to feel like something out of the ordinary had occurred there."

According to W. Penn Jones Jr, the editor of the Texas Midlothian Mirror , Bowers received death threats after giving evidence to the Warren Commission and Mark Lane.

On 9th August, 1966, Lee Bowers was killed when his car left the road and crashed into a concrete abutment in Midlothian, Texas. Robert J. Groden later reported "Lee Bowers was heading west here on highway sixty-seven heading from Midlothian down to Cleburne and according to an eyewitness he was driven off the road by a black car. Drove him into this bridge abutment. He didn't die immediately, he held on for four hours and during that time he was talking to the ambulance people and told them that he felt he had been drugged when he stopped for coffee back there a few miles in Midlothian."

Taken from http://www.spartacus...k/JFKbowers.htm

His testimony given to the Warren Commission can be read in the link above.

Bowers was played by Pruitt Taylor Vince in the 1991 film JFK.

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 2

Lee Bowers, Jr is definitely the key that opened the pandora box ... without him we'll still be believing that 'magic' bullet and Lee HArvey Oswald is the ballistic magus

• Like 2

Lee Bowers, Jr is definitely the key that opened the pandora box ... without him we'll still be believing that 'magic' bullet and Lee HArvey Oswald is the ballistic magus

That's very true.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw a documentary on Discovery, which completely debunked the whole "magic bullet" theory....I think I saw it last year.

• Like 2

This is interesting about Jack Ruby on here:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8618

And on here:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKruby.htm

Could he have been injected with cancer like he claims? Or maybe he was injected with thalium?

• Like 3

A lot of people don't remember that Jim Garrison proved in court that there was a conspiracy, but he didn't win the case against the people he accused of being part of the conspiracy such as Clay Shaw

At the trial's conclusion — after the prosecution and the defense had presented their cases — the jury took 54 minutes on March 1, 1969, to find Clay Shaw not guilty.

Attorney and author Mark Lane said that he interviewed several jurors after the trial. Although these interviews have never been published, Lane said that some of the jurors believed that Garrison had in fact proven a conspiracy to kill President Kennedy, but that Garrison had not adequately linked the conspiracy to Shaw or provided a motive.[52][53] However, author and playwright James Kirkwood, who was a personal friend of Clay Shaw, said that he spoke to several jury members who denied ever speaking to Lane.[54] Kirkwood also cast doubt on Lane's claim that the jury believed there was a conspiracy.[55] In his book American Grotesque, Kirkwood said that jury foreman Sidney Hebert told him: "I didn't think too much of the Warren Report either until the trial. Now I think a lot more of it than I did before...." [56]

wiki link

Even today there are continuing efforts to smear the reputation of Mr Garrison ... and still insisting Lee is the 'lone' assassin ... I remember his wife ~Marina~ went on Oprah and the interview shone a big spot light on the way the investigation on Lee Harvey Oswald part in the shooting was conducted ...

There are some that is calling for the case to be reopened :

"oswald not guilty" blog with an extensive bio :

Conclusion:

As more evidence is released, despite media support for the official version, the responsible scholar or citizen needs to be aware that there are good reasons why "conspiracy theorists" are concerned about the truth concerning the murder of President John F. Kennedy. Calls to have the case reopened have fallen on deaf ears: apparently, we must wait until all the witnesses are dead before the last files on Oswald will be released. Even then, nobody knows if what we see then will be the truth, or falsified. There is no doubt whatsoever that Oswald's case was mishandled: the tragedy is that President John F. Kennedy's death, for whatever reasons, was not properly investigated.

link

Marina's testimony and transcripts link

The links to the transcripts of her interview on Oprah is all gone :(

~

• Like 3

A lot of people don't remember that Jim Garrison proved in court that there was a conspiracy, but he didn't win the case against the people he accused of being part of the conspiracy such as Clay Shaw

That's true! Even the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) concluded that there was a conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy.

wiki link

Even today there are continuing efforts to smear the reputation of Mr Garrison ... and still insisting Lee is the 'lone' assassin ... I remember his wife ~Marina~ went on Oprah and the interview shone a big spot light on the way the investigation on Lee Harvey Oswald part in the shooting was conducted ...

There are some that is calling for the case to be reopened :

"oswald not guilty" blog with an extensive bio :

link

Marina's testimony and transcripts link

The links to the transcripts of her interview on Oprah is all gone :(

~

Thanks for the links!

I saw an episode of "Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura" and he talked to Marina, off camera, and when he asked her about Oswald being in the CIA she told him, How much do you value your life and the lives of your children? :o

• Like 2

(4) San Jose Mercury News (28th September, 1988)

Twenty-five years after the assassination of President Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald's widow says she now believes Oswald did not act alone in the killing.

''I think he was caught between two powers - the government and organized crime,'' said Marina Oswald Porter in the November issue of
Ladies' Home Journal
, published Tuesday.

Testimony by Oswald's widow, who married Dallas carpenter Kenneth Porter in 1965, helped the Warren Commission conclude that a deranged Oswald acted alone in the Nov. 22, 1963, assassination.

''When I was questioned by the Warren Commission, I was a blind kitten,'' she said. The commission, appointed to investigate the assassination, concluded it was the work of a single gunman, Oswald. But in 1979, the House Select Committee on Assassinations, relying in part on acoustical evidence, concluded that a conspiracy was likely and that it may have involved organized crime.

Since then, Porter, 47, has drawn new conclusions. ''I don't know if Lee shot him,'' she said. ''I'm not saying that Lee is innocent, that he didn't know about the conspiracy or was not a part of it, but I am saying he's not necessarily guilty of murder.''

''At first, I thought that Jack Ruby (who killed Oswald two days after the assassination) was swayed by passion; all of America was grieving,'' she said. ''But later, we found that he had connections with the underworld. Now, I think Lee was killed to keep his mouth shut.''

Porter said that in retrospect, Oswald seemed professionally schooled in secretiveness, ''and I believe he worked for the American government.''

''
He was taught the Russian language when he was in the military. Do you think that is usual, that an ordinary soldier is taught Russian? Also, he got in and out of Russia quite easily, and he got me out quite easily,'' said the Russian-born Porter. She had emigrated from the Soviet Union in 1961 after marrying Oswald, who had defected to the Soviets and then changed his mind and returned to the United States.

In the months preceding the assassination, a man posing as Oswald reportedly appeared in several public places in the Dallas area.

''I learned afterward that someone who said he was Lee had been going around looking to buy a car, having a drink in a bar. I'm telling you, Lee did not drink, and he didn't know how to drive.

''And afterward, the FBI took me to a store in Fort Worth where Lee was supposed to have gone to buy a gun. Someone even described me and said I was with him. This woman was wearing a maternity outfit like one I had. But I had never been there,'' she said.

Porter said she hopes the truth will emerge when the Warren Commission materials are declassified.

''Look, I'm walking through the woods, trying to find a path, just like all of us,'' she said.

Link:

5) Marina Oswald Porter, letter to John Tunheim (19th April, 1996)

I am writing to you regarding the release of still classified documents related to the assassination of President Kennedy and to my former husband, Lee Harvey Oswald.

Specifically, I am writing to ask about documents I have learned of from a recent book and from a story in the Washington Post by the authors of the same book (as well as other documents they have described to me). The book reviews Dallas police, FBI, and CIA files released since 1992, and places them in the context of previously known information. I would like to know what the Review Board is doing to obtain the following:

1. The Dallas field office and headquarters FBI reports on the arrests of Donnell D. Whitter and Lawrence R. Miller in Dallas on November 18, 1963 with a carload of stolen US army weapons. I believe that Lee Oswald was the FBI informant who made these arrests possible. I would also like to know what your board has done to obtain the reports of the US Marshal and the US Army on the same arrests, and the burglary these men were suspected of.

2. The records of the FBI interrogations of John Franklin Elrod, John Forrester Gedney and Harold Doyle (the latter men were previously known as two of the "three tramps") in the Dallas jail November 22-24, 1963. All of these men have stated that they were interrogated during that time by the FBI.

3. The official explanation of why the arrest records for Mr. Elrod, Mr. Gedney and Mr. Doyle, as well as for Daniel Wayne Douglas and Gus Abrams were placed "under federal seal" in the Dallas Police Records Division for 26 years as described by Dallas City Archives supervisor Laura McGhee to the FBI in 1992.

4. The full records of the interrogation of Lee Harvey Oswald, including his interrogation in the presence of John Franklin Elrod as described by Elrod in an FBI report dated August 11, 1964.

5. The reports of army intelligence agent Ed J. Coyle on his investigation of Captain George Nonte, John Thomas Masen, Donnell D. Whitter, Lawrence R. Miller, and/or Jack Ruby. I am also requesting that you obtain agent Coyle's reports as army liaison for presidential protection on November 22, 1963 (as described by Coyle's commanding officer Col. Robert Jones in sworn testimony to the House Select Committee on Assassinations). If the army does not immediately produce these documents, they should be required to produce agent Coyle to explain what happened to his reports.

6. Secret Service reports and tapes of that agency's investigation of Father Walter Machann and Silvia Odio in 1963-64.

7. Reports of the FBI investigation of Cuban exiles in Dallas, to include known but still classified documents on Fermin de Goicochea Sanchez, Father Walter Machann and the Dallas Diocese Catholic Cuban Relocation Committee. These would include informant files for Father Machann and/or reports of interviews of Father Machann by Dallas FBI agent W. Heitman.

8. The full particulars and original of the teletype received by Mr. William Walter in the New Orleans FBI office on the morning of November 17, 1963, warning of a possible assassination attempt on President Kennedy in Dallas. I now believe that my former husband met with the Dallas FBI on November 16, 1963, and provided informant information on which this teletype was based.

9. A full report of Lee Harvey Oswald's visit to the Dallas FBI office on November 16, 1963.

10. A full account of FBI agent James P. Hosty's claim (in his recent book,
Assignment Oswald
) that Lee Harvey Oswald knew of a planned "paramilitary invasion of Cuba" by "a group of right wing Cuban exiles in outlying areas of New Orleans." We now know that such an invasion was indeed planned by a Cuban group operating on CIA payroll in Miami, New Orleans, and Dallas - the same group infiltrated by Lee Oswald. We know this information only from documents released since 1992, as described in the book I have mentioned. On what basis did agent Hosty believe Lee "had learned" of these plans, unless Lee himself told him this? I am therefore specifically requesting the release of the informant report that Lee Oswald provided to agent Hosty and/or other FBI personnel on this intelligence information.

The time for the Review Board to obtain and release the most important documents related to the assassination of President Kennedy is running out. At the time of the assassination of this great president whom I loved, I was misled by the "evidence" presented to me by government authorities and I assisted in the conviction of Lee Harvey Oswald as the assassin. From the new information now available, I am now convinced that he was an FBI informant and believe that he

did not kill President Kennedy. It is time for Americans to know their full history. On this day when I and all Americans are grieving for the victims of Oklahoma City, I am also thinking of my children and grandchildren, and of all American children, when I insist that your board give the highest priority to the release of the documents I have listed. This is the duty you were charged with by law. Anything else is unacceptable - not just to me, but to all patriotic Americans.

Link:
Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

What about Garrison's main witness Perry Raymond Russo?

He was deemed unreliable as a witness as he changed his story one too many times ... and it was debated even how reliable he was actually in court -

On January 26, 1971, the day before he was expected to testify in Jim Garrison's defense in the civil suit, Clay L. Shaw v. Jim Garrison, Perry Raymond Russo approached a family member of one of Clay Shaw's attorneys and requested an opportunity to speak with Shaw's defense team. In the first of several meetings, most of which were tape-recorded, Perry Raymond Russo came clean. Here is the memorandum written from this first session.

<QUOTE ON>---------------------------

FROM THE FILES OF EDWARD F. WEGMANN

January 27, 1971

Perry Raymond Russo came to our office last night at 7:00 o'clock [sic] sharp by prearrangement.

link to the above memo

One of the many articles regarding the question of his character :

CONVERSATIONS WITH PERRY

by William Matson Law

"Perry Russo is a unique character because of his individuality.

I don't think the man would lie if you put burning irons on his hands.

He's one of the most remarkable young men I have known."

- Jim Garrison

link

Or lack of :

Perry Raymond Russo Way Too Willing Witness

by Dave Reitzes

Perry Raymond Russo told, at the trial of Clay Shaw, of "Clem Bertrand" (Clay Shaw), "Leon Oswald" (Lee Oswald) and David Ferrie plotting to kill JFK at an "assassination party" in David Ferrie's apartment in September of 1963. With the exception of one Charles Spiesel (who was quickly revealed to be insane) Russo was the only witness to Clay Shaw conspiring to kill Kennedy. In other words, he was Garrison's entire case. But the story Russo told at the trial was only one of many versions of his story.

link

But here in his 'last testament' ?

THE LAST TESTAMENT OF PERRY RAYMOND RUSSO Introduction by Will Robinson

MC:

I understand that there's been a lot of things in the press that are untrue and misinformation about you that you feel very angry about that you would like to set straight.

PR:

OK: over the years the press, for whatever it's own reasons whether it was...it had it's own agenda, whether it was government sponsored, whether it was government leaked or whether these people who wrote these articles had various ways to get at Garrison and of course one way is of course to attack me and my credibility. Recently the 1968 article of Time Magazine listing me as a drug addict when I never even smoked marijuana did it serious damage to anybody believing that Perry Russo could possible speak anything about something factual because he was a known drug addict. 1970 US New and World report says that Perry Russo is a very dapper dresser. However, there's always a "however", However, he associates with a strange crew of wierdos and over the years has so done so. That's not libelous but you get into just a slanting of that particular article. Who would trust a person that hangs around with a strange assortment of wierdos. Then you have a Times Picayune which is a notorious champion here in New Orleans of anything that is anti-Garrison over the years. Time Picayune newspaper publishing company which publishes two newspapers comes out with an article on the twentieth anniversary of the Kennedy assassination saying that convicted burglar, Perry Raymond Russo, which I'm not a convicted burglar. They ...we go into court on that and they...we don't go into court but we go into discussions and they settle out of court with a retraction. Seventeen weeks later on the 55th page of something of the Sunday newspaper whereas the first statement came with my photograph and "convicted burglar statement right underneath it." So now over the years I have thought to be by myself and not read any of the articles or read any of the newspapers clippings when Oliver Stone contacted me asking me to sign on and do technical work. I thought that was satisfactory. I continue not to read the articles that were written even at that time. However there was one that was written in the January issue of Gentlemen's Quarterly and for this reason I have come to talk to you people who have asked for an interview. It's an opportunity to set the record straight. Nicholas Lehman wrote an article in GQ analyzing the movie which hadn't yet at this time come out. And so he wrote an article and in the article he savaged Garrison and savaged me. The article states that Stone's basing his movie upon Garrison who is basing his conspiracy theory upon testimony of Perry Raymond Russo, Baton Rouge insurance salesman cum grifter. That would seem like a very innocent remark except I looked up the definition and it means a convicted swindler. I have never had any convictions for anything except traffic. And yet this news outlet GQ thinks it can take a cheap shot. I didn't ask for the publicity. I have never asked for one interview ever, by anybody. I have not taken any money for interviews and GQ takes this cheap shot. A person reading this article in another area would read a grifter, isn't he a scam artist, isn't he a con man, isn't he a swindler or a dishonest.. yes that's what grifter means and GQ said it. Nicholas Lehman was deposed in this particular case which is in Federal Court now. Was deposed.. The essence of his deposition when asked why he would label Perry Russo a grifter was ...his answer was that he was hired...he did not want to label him as he had been historically labeled as Baton Rouse insurance man. He wanted to give a different twist, a different light upon that person. And he was hired to savage the movie. And he said that's exactly what he did in the article and he had no regrets about it whatsoever. He savaged it and the best route to savage it was to savage Garrison and to savage Garrison's witnesses.

link

bolded mine ...

Perry Russo Dies

Perry Raymond Russo (14 May 1941 – 16 August 1995) , a key witness in the Clay Shaw conspiracy trial of the late 1960s, has died in New Orleans at the age of 52.

According to the New Orleans coroner's office, his body was found in his home by a friend on August 16th. A spokesman said it appeared Russo had been dead for about 24 hours.

The cause of death was not immediately made public, although there have been reports he suffered from a heart ailment.

RIP

link

~

• Like 1

I'm just looking through this forum for the first time. There is one thing that I don't see any mention of and that is the bullet in Gov. Connelly. I clearly remember during the assassination investigations that it was stated there was a bullet in Connelly that could not be removed for some reason, it was too close to spine, artery, something like that. That when they were able to recover that bullet that it would lend further confirmation of or against the Magic bullet theory. However, when Connelly did die, I didn't see any mention of that bullet. Does anyone have anything on that ?

• Like 3

I'm just looking through this forum for the first time. There is one thing that I don't see any mention of and that is the bullet in Gov. Connelly. I clearly remember during the assassination investigations that it was stated there was a bullet in Connelly that could not be removed for some reason, it was too close to spine, artery, something like that. That when they were able to recover that bullet that it would lend further confirmation of or against the Magic bullet theory. However, when Connelly did die, I didn't see any mention of that bullet. Does anyone have anything on that ?

Wow, I never heard that before! Here's what I was able to find:

But what I want to show you today is when Governor Connally was wounded, something that has never been shown correctly on any of the documentaries or in any of the books that I’ve reviewed. You see, experts such as Dr. Wecht have been arguing about what did nothappen. Instead, let’s show you what actually did happen.

To do that, I think the best place to start is with the last shot.

To briefly familiarize you with the Zapruder Film frame numbers, Z frame number 313 will be called Z313. The following are a few major frame numbers for familiarization.

Z=133 We first see the Limo in the film

Z=160 Some theorize the first shot from the Texas School Book Depository, we see Gov. Connally’s head movement to the right shortly afterwards

Z=220 We first see President Kennedy emerge from behind the sign, clutching his throat and obviously wounded

Z=223 Governor Connally reacts to his first wound

Z=220 to Z=324 Governor Connally turns to look over his shoulder toward what he thinks are gunshots

Z=313 We see the fatal shot to President Kennedy

Z=325 Governor Connally is hit in the back and driven forward

With the film speed of 18.3 frames/second, things happened quickly, too quick for 1960’s technology and the lack of accurate information they had to extract the truth. What we can see now in individual frames captured and edited was not possible even a few years ago when everything was analogue. And of course, nobody looked at Governor Connally closely after JFK's head shot at Z=313. Most everyone was sure all the serious action was over.

To those of you who remember the basic scenarios of the Warren Commission and the other numerous theories, the descriptions shown above concerning Connally’s wounds are new. And as I’ll show you, it isn’t a theory, it’s the only times Governor Connally could have been wounded in the eight seconds from the first shot until the last was fired.

With literally thousands of books and hour after hour of documentaries on what must surely be the most investigated murder in history, at this time let’s concentrate on Governor Connally’s wounds. Once you understand the only way possible that Governor Connally could have been wounded based on the facts we have, then not only can we understand how both men were wounded, it will once and for all reveal how the Guilty Men pulled this off.

The first question concerns the last shot shown above at Z=325. The Warren Commission concluded the last shot was the fatal head shot at Z=313 but was faced with testimony such as one of the best witnesses, Secret Service agent Roy Kellerman who sat in the Limo directly in front of Governor Connally. During his Warren Commission testimony, Kellerman spoke of the ending of the shooting as a “flurry” of shots. When pressed for how many, he said two. He described the spacing of the last two shots as bang-bang. When Arlen Specter pressed him again, he said it was like an airplane breaking the sound barrier (the front of the plane breaks the sound barrier before the rear of the plane, hence you hear bang-bang also).

When Arlen Specter asked the spacing between the first shot and the flurry of shots, Kellerman said three to five seconds.

When we look at the Zapruder film, we see at Z=325 the collapse forward and downward movement of Connally’s head. Looking at the sequence in real time, we see Connally driven quickly forward with his head snapping forward when he is shot. Further confirmation is given when you look at the analysis of the Dallas Police Recording. The difference between the Z=313 shot and the last shot is 0.7 seconds or approximately 12 frames.

Link: http://www.freerepub...t/1725590/posts

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 1

Fear not brave conspiracists - McAdams shall set you free!

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/deaths.htm

Oh, and the 455 quadrillion majillion number is complete bumpkus and was corrected by the newspaper in the later edition that day.

Well, according to this: http://richardcharnin.wordpress.com/2013/02/25/executive-action-jfk-witness-deaths-and-the-london-times-actuary/

HSCA statistical expert Jacqueline Hess testified that the actuarial calculation was "invalid" due to the "impossibility" of defining the "universe" of material witnesses. Her dismissal of the odds was a ruse (like the Magic Bullet Theory) to maintain the cover-up. The fact is that there was a definable set of 552 Warren Commission witnesses, of whom at least 19 died unnaturally in the period from 1964-1977. Only four would normally be expected. The 552 is a subset of the approximately 1400 JFK-related witnesses named in the reference "Who's Who in the JFK Assassination".

Among the 552 Warren Commission witnesses, the probability of at least 20 UNNATURAL deaths and 1 attempted murder is 1 in 236 MILLION. Omitting suspicious deaths, the probability of 6 homicides, 2 suicides and 7 accidents is virtually ZERO: 1 in 19 MILLION.

But the two "suicides" and seven "accidents" were very likely homicides. The probability that 15 of the 552 witnesses would be murdered is 1 in 131 THOUSAND TRILLION, closely matching the actuary's calculation.

In her list of 21 names, Hess conveniently left out scores of mysterious, unnatural deaths. Hess focused on five names in the list where the deaths appeared to have been natural (heart attacks). But they were still suspicious.

For example, Thomas Howard was one of three people who met in Ruby's apartment on Nov. 24, 1963. All died within a little over a year (two unnaturally). Hess never calculated the odds of that.

She did not include David Ferrie and Eladio del Valle. Ferrie supposedly died of an aneurysm within days of being called as a witness by Garrison. Ferrie was held in protective custody until Feb. 21, 1967. He was found dead in his apartment the next day. Ferrie associate Eladio del Valle was also sought by Garrison. He was murdered on Feb. 21. Hess never calculated those odds, either.

What is even more unbelievable, Hess neglected the strange deaths of nearly a dozen prospective HSCA witnesses. She gave a convoluted excuse as to why she did not include George De Morenschildt, Oswald's friend who allegedly shot himself with a rifle the day he was notified by HSCA. Nor did she mention the seven (7) high level FBI officials who died within a six-month period in 1977 just before they were due to testify at HSCA. She obviously never calculated the probability. Apparently, HSCA-related deaths were immaterial; she limited her analysis to 1964-1967.

Hess claimed the actuary concluded that on 11/22/63 the odds of 15 witnesses being dead was 1 in 10 to the 29th power which is 1 in 10,000 TRILLION TRILLION. That is obviously an incorrect statement. The actuary calculated the odds as 1 in 100,000 trillion (1 in 10 to the 17th power). He presumably used the Poisson probability function of rare events - the perfect mathematical tool for the problem (see below). One in 100,000 trillion is E-17, or 0.0000000000000001. Hess appears to have been anything but a "statistical expert". If she was one, she would have done the calculations herself.

There were approximately 1400 JFK-related witnesses. In 1964-1977, at least 70 died unnaturally (homicide, suicide, accidental, unknown) and 34 deaths were suspiciously timed heart attacks, cancers, etc. Normally 11 unnatural deaths would be expected.

Cause........rate; expected; actual; prob

suicide....... 0.000107; 2.1; 7; 1 in 170

homicide.... 0.000062; 1.2; 40; 1 in 1 BILLION TRILLION TRILLION TRILLION

accidental.. 0.000359; 7.0; 23; 1 in 2.3 MILLION

unknown... 0.000014; 0.3; 5; 1 in 5 THOUSAND

TOTAL UNNATURAL..0.000542; 10.6; 70; 1 in 700 MILLION TRILLION TRILLION

Assuming 1400 JFK-related witnesses and using the mortality rates above, the probability of at least

- 15 UNNATURAL deaths within ONE year of the assassination: 1 in 167 TRILLION.

- 33 UNNATURAL deaths within THREE years: less than 1 in 100 TRILLION TRILLION.

- 70 UNNATURAL deaths from 1964-77: 1 in 700 MILLION TRILLION TRILLION.

- 40 HOMICIDES from 1964-77: 1 in a BILLION TRILLION TRILLION TRILLION.

552 Warren Commission witnesses

The probability of at least 20 UNNATURAL deaths and 1 attempted murder in the 1964-77 period is 1 in 236 MILLION.

If the two "suicides" and seven "accidents" were actually HOMICIDES (very likely), then the probability of 15 HOMICIDES within 14 years is 1 in 131,000 TRILLION, quite close to the actuary's calculation.

The probability of 10 HOMICIDES in the three years following the assassination is 1 in 31,000 TRILLION.

The Poisson probability function is:

P(n) = a^n * exp(-a)/n!

where a = the expected number of unnatural deaths = R*N*T

In a random group of 1400 individuals, ONE unnatural death is expected in any given year:

a = 0.7588 = R*N*T = 0.000542*1400*1

Using the expected number (a=.7588) of unnatural deaths and the actual number (n= 15) in the Poisson formula, the probability that there would be EXACTLY 15 unnatural deaths is

P (15) = 0.7588^15 * exp(-0.7588)/15!

P (15) = 5.70E-15 = 1 in 175 trillion

The probability of AT LEAST 15 unnatural deaths is of course slightly higher: P (>14) = 1 in 167 trillion!

The spreadsheet formula is P (>14) = 1- Poisson(14,1400*0.000542*1, true)

• Like 1

Don't want to derail this, but this is the most telling smile in history;

[media=]

[/media]

Br Cornelius

No, your not derailing the thread. Thanks for posting this! :tu:

I think Bush, Sr. Can't remember where he was the day of the assassination....

:rolls eyes:

• Like 1