Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian woman marries a bridge in France

Still Waters

How do we know the bridge really wanted to get married? It should've never happened until the bridge gave consent. It's forced for all we know.

A good documentary on the topic of "Objectum Sexuals":

http://vimeo.com/32989072

On the serious side. I have nbeen sayhyingg same sex marriag wuld cheapen marriage ovear all.

Why even go there in THIS particular thread? It has nothing to do with same sex marriage. Are you trolling? Also, just because YOU say something doesn't make it original or right.

Thank you! And have a NICE day...

I question a mayor that even blesses this display of mental illness.

On the other hand it is a nice bridge...always liked stone bridges.

• Like 2

-snip-

On the other hand it is a nice bridge...always liked stone bridges.

Just get that thought out of your head... That particular bridge is taken...

(You homewrecker!) :D

• Like 2

If this happened in the good ol' US of A, the bridge could collect spousal social security benefits when she dies.

If this happened in the good ol' US of A, the bridge could collect spousal social security benefits when she dies.

She could do something drastic, and burn her bridges before she goes lol

• Like 2

I can't see any wrong with Paraphilia they are still a lot better than pedophilia, just because this sort of people just simply not attracted to human sexually or non mainstream in their sexual behavior. At least the object would not cheat on the person just like human do. Therefore I am not prejudice against their sexual preference or them selves, in the end the day they are also human, in many cases they are also loving people. They just have different wiring in their brain to mainstream people.

Edited by Mindscanner

The real issue is why the rest of us need to hear about it at all.

Marrying an inanimate object indicates a lingering illness or at the least a serious emotional issue.

I will not apologize for failing to see this as "normal" or even admirable.

• Like 2

What a pathetic excuse for attention! As an Australian,I disown her! Why didn't she just go on X factor & embarrass herself like everyone else does? lol

• Like 1

The real issue is why the rest of us need to hear about it at all.

Marrying an inanimate object indicates a lingering illness or at the least a serious emotional issue.

...and so is calling two men a "marriage" only because they hump each other.

But once you open flood gates, it is all the same.

So stop discriminating against the inanimate object loving community.

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 1

Time for me to puke over my shoulder.Oops,got some veges on my back.Just gotta love them undigested veges.But wait,I cant discriminate between the digested & undigested ones.

So stop discriminating against the inanimate object loving community.

Why are you bring that into the discussion?

We are talking about something entirely different..

• Like 1

What a pathetic excuse for attention! As an Australian,I disown her! Why didn't she just go on X factor & embarrass herself like everyone else does? lol

Oh yes, the amount of people who go on X Factor certainly can embarrass themselves.. I could never go on it, I know I can't sing, I haven't a note in me.. The show is too fixed though, I no longer watch it..I think people waste their time and money phoning in.

Why are you bring that into the discussion?

We are talking about something entirely different..

He didn't bring gay marrtiage into this I did.

As for why we need to hear asbout it, the city is hopeing for tourists.

I was directly quoting zaphod..not you which is why his name and quote in in a box.

Also..if this is the the best thing a city has to offer potential tourists then they are shooting themselves in the foot. I certainly wouldn't be encouraged to visit a city that makes a big splash about a woman with a emotional issue.

That's a false equivalency. Marriage is a legal contract that had has many forms throughout history. Just because you don't agree with gay marriage doesn't make it wrong or suddenly turn homosexuality into an illness.

• Like 2

Homosexuality is neither an illness or genetic it is a choice, like this woman marring a bridge.

While her marriage to the bridge is not recognized by French law she did get the approval of the local mayor

expected cause if recognized by law mean she own the bridge legally .

Homosexuality is neither an illness or genetic it is a choice, like this woman marring a bridge.

If homosexuality is a "choice", the heterosexuality is also a "choice". Which is a patently ridiculous claim.

And none of this has anything to do with the issue of marriage. If two men can legally form a "marriage" (and I don´t give a hoot what their sexuality is), then so can a woman and a bridge. Or a Volkswagen and a goldhamster.

And if you think that by expanding the definition of something to cover everything you do not devalue it, you are dreaming.

• Like 1

This thread has gone HORRIBLY wrong.

It's not even remotely about same sex marriages. WTF??

• Like 3

That's a false equivalency. Marriage is a legal contract that had has many forms throughout history.

Really? How many forms exactly, apart from polygamy and from the short-term "contract marriages" which serve as legal prostitution substitute in Shiite islam? Do tell us.

Just because you don't agree with gay marriage doesn't make it wrong or suddenly turn homosexuality into an illness.

Wrong, and wrong. I never said anything about "gay marriage", and I never called homosexuality an "illness". Try to read before posting.

Edited by Zaphod222

Wow... A tongue in cheek story about a woman marrying a bridge and it turns into a debate about gay marriage... Grow up people.

• Like 2

Tongue-in-cheek you say?

These days it is incredibly hard to decipher that considering the growing amount of insanity I see in the human race as a whole.

People will do almost anything then turn and claim how "normal" it is. Why not marry your tv or car? I'm certain it has been done.

• Like 2

I see the town is getting what it wanted is happening. We are talking about it. They will get some tourist out of it.