Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lawmakers/Aides try to get out of Obamacare

Merc14

and it is vital to the finances

It's not. Again you've been listening to propaganda.

Listening to every single conservative and backward thinking business magazine and financial adviser in the country

There. I fixed that for you.

Edited by ninjadude

I thought everyone was getting free healthcare?

Then AGAIN, you are completely wrong and do not understand the ACA.

Sure you would. The entire GOP is out to stop it. Mostly because frankly they don't understand it. Change is hard for Gopasaurs

Whoa there Guantanamo! I'm talking about private citizens in organizations who have the option of actually using Obamacare not GOP officials who have Cadillac insurance already. And you democrats are exactly as intolerant of republican's change as they are of yours. But if you're referring to GOP voters, all republicans do is rant and rage about social security and food stamps, yet show me the republicans who refuse to deposit social security checks the moment they qualify for them. The same goes for every other democrat program. The same goes for democrats. The same goes with every policy the democrat-beloved George W. Bush started in 2001-2008. They bilk with the best of 'em to get their "fair" share.

You and Merc have so much more to agree on than not. Life is too short for fussing and fighting my friend. You two should hold hands and go to Washington DC together. Something there for everyone with the big credit card in Uncle Sam's pants.

• Like 1

Then AGAIN, you are completely wrong and do not understand the ACA.

It's wonderful NNs, that is why your party keeps putting it off till they get to steal a few more million with another election.

• Like 1

Something there for everyone with the big credit card in Uncle Sam's pants.

"Is that a credit card, or are you just happy to see me?"

Harte

• Like 1

I'm talking about private citizens in organizations who have the option of actually using Obamacare not GOP officials who have Cadillac insurance already.

The answer is exactly the same. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT. But go in for the FUD. Merc is classic in this as well as many others. It's politically important for GOP private voters to complain even though it goes against their own interests thus again showing who is to blame. The ACA will work spectacularly in blue states and the red will get the hind end.

And you democrats are exactly as intolerant of republican's change as they are of yours. But if you're referring to GOP voters, all republicans do is rant and rage about social security and food stamps, yet show me the republicans who refuse to deposit social security checks the moment they qualify for them. The same goes for every other democrat program. The same goes for democrats.

Really? show me. Unless you mean woman hating abortion laws, poor hating cutbacks, war mongering and profiteering or wall street back dealing. When did Social Security, one of the most popular and successful programs in US history, become a one-sided program?

When did Social Security, one of the most popular and successful programs in US history, become a one-sided program?

I'm no expert but likely when fiscal conservatism noticed that everyone on all sides keep dipping their greedy fat fingers in the social security account, if in fact an actual account was ever made, and realized it isn't sustainable to keep "borrowing" from the fund to give billions of dollars to countries that hate US and people who won't work or whatever other irresponsible waste they felt like stealing it for. It should work like this.... I give you money each payday, you put it into an account and don't touch it until I retire and need it. Simple as that. That's all they ever had to do but they couldn't so probably a republican started talking about a better way and the democrats like you puff out your chests at the notion of fiscal responsibility and say nooooooooooo keep stealing from the tax payers and spend three times as much as they give you and we'll screw the value of a dollar so bad but who cares so long as we can print money and spend it like the fake housewives of Beverly Hills. Social security isn't supposed to be a government fund. It's the people's fund entrusted to the government to keep safe. Why do you trust the gov so much? And why old white man do you hate old white men so much? You never answered that and never realized how many old white men comprise your majesties.

• Like 1

The answer is exactly the same. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND IT. But go in for the FUD. Merc is classic in this as well as many others. It's politically important for GOP private voters to complain even though it goes against their own interests thus again showing who is to blame. The ACA will work spectacularly in blue states and the red will get the hind end.

Really? show me. Unless you mean woman hating abortion laws, poor hating cutbacks, war mongering and profiteering or wall street back dealing. When did Social Security, one of the most popular and successful programs in US history, become a one-sided program?

You are such a caricature of the whiny liberal castrati that we often wonder if you are playing a game. Obamacare is a disaster and eben your power mongers realize it so open your eyes and watch it fail. Of course you'll have to wait an extra year because Obama decided to delay through another election cycle. Here read this again, it'll serve you well to read other than the most liberal sources on the web

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/5/pruden-obamacare-called-fiasco-ages/

Edited by Merc14

I'm no expert but likely when fiscal conservatism noticed that everyone on all sides keep dipping their greedy fat fingers in the social security account, if in fact an actual account was ever made,

SS is "accounted" for constantly. It is backed by the full faith of the US government.

and realized it isn't sustainable to keep "borrowing" from the fund to give billions of dollars to countries that hate US and people who won't work or whatever other irresponsible waste they felt like stealing it for.

The amount we give the other countries in miniscule. You're whining here about nothing. And SS is not related to unemployment. Rules exist for unemployment at state levels. You should be railing against your Republican state officials.

It should work like this.... I give you money each payday, you put it into an account and don't touch it until I retire and need it. Simple as that.

what makes you think that's not what happens? Just putting money into an account will not grow it enough to pay you a dime.

keep stealing from the tax payers and spend three times as much as they give you and we'll screw the value of a dollar so bad but who cares so long as we can print money and spend it like the fake housewives of Beverly Hills.

Your rant here is going off into some seriously psychotic areas.

Social security isn't supposed to be a government fund. It's the people's fund entrusted to the government to keep safe.

No. it's an insurance policy which must be invested in order to gain enough to be useful

Why do you trust the gov so much?

I trust the institutions not all the individuals.

And why old white man do you hate old white men so much? You never answered that .

because they are unable to accept change and comprise 90% of the GOP. I don;t know why because I'm an old white man myself. Must be something in your water.

Let's consider your source and try again shall we?

In 2003, the Southern Poverty Law Center accused Pruden of using The Washington Times to push "extremist, neo-Confederate ideas."[7] The report from the SPLC also stated that Pruden was "fired in 1978 by the now-defunct National Observer, where he had worked for 14 years, under suspicion that he had 'manufactured' quotes in his stories."

Pruden's father, James Wesley Pruden, Sr., was a Southern Baptist minister and president of the Little Rock chapter of the White Citizens' Council,[2][3] a segregationist group that battled integration throughout the 1950s and 1960s. When President Dwight Eisenhower sent Army troops to protect nine black teenagers attempting to integrate Little Rock Central High School in 1957, Pruden Sr. reportedly told an assembled mob, "That's what we gotta fight, ******s, Communists and cops."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Pruden

When the partisan rhetoric made it so in the partisan minds of you people.

War mongering and wall street back dealing is as popular as ever. Your leaders have failed. Stop imagining it's all on one side of the aisle. The losers you advocate reek with corporatism.

How don't they understand penalties and costs that are pulling back what would otherwise be growth in the economy? I think you're the one who doesn't understand the costs involve with this because you're no employer.

• Like 1

Your rant here is going off into some seriously psychotic areas.

Why thank you. I resemble that remark.

• Like 1

Let's consider your source and try again shall we?

In 2003, the Southern Poverty Law Center accused Pruden of using The Washington Times to push "extremist, neo-Confederate ideas."[7] The report from the SPLC also stated that Pruden was "fired in 1978 by the now-defunct National Observer, where he had worked for 14 years, under suspicion that he had 'manufactured' quotes in his stories."

Pruden's father, James Wesley Pruden, Sr., was a Southern Baptist minister and president of the Little Rock chapter of the White Citizens' Council,[2][3] a segregationist group that battled integration throughout the 1950s and 1960s. When President Dwight Eisenhower sent Army troops to protect nine black teenagers attempting to integrate Little Rock Central High School in 1957, Pruden Sr. reportedly told an assembled mob, "That's what we gotta fight, ******s, Communists and cops."

https://en.wikipedia...i/Wesley_Pruden

WHat a childish response. Why or why do the democrats keep DELAYING!!!! Answer that NNs. Of course the answer is simple, they know it is a disaster.

• Like 1

George Will explains

George Will!!! Seriously? next you'll be quoting Lil Kim.

George Will!!! Seriously? next you'll be quoting Lil Kim.

Anyone want to vote who is more intelligent, Ninja or George Will? LMAO. Ninja is still at that awkward phase where he dismisses as ignorant anyone that doesn't agree with his narrow vision of the world. George Will, Krauthammer, Sowell etc, are all ignorant dolts compared to the brilliance of the cut and paste prose of NNs in his rose colored world of leftist BS. Ninja just can't answer that one HUGE nagging question, "Why do the dems keep slipping this thing past the next election? Afterall, if it si so great wouldn't you rush it out to crush the republicans?" Tough question that NNs can't answer.

Anyone want to vote who is more intelligent, Ninja or George Will?

Will is the Buckley of our time.

Well, this time.

Buckley was the Buckley of my time.

Harte

• Like 1

, if in fact an actual account was ever made, and realized it isn't sustainable to keep "borrowing" from the fund to

I believe you're completely correct here.There is NO MONEY set aside for anyone. There is only numbers coming in and numbers going out, and numbers beside your name in an excel spreadsheet in a file in a building somewhere in Washington DC.

The reason that there can't be an actual account for everyone is that some people will pay into SS only a little, yet draw out a lot. While others will pay in a lot and if they die early, recieve none of it out. Ninja is right in that it is more like insurance with a variable monthly payment based on how much you earn. So if you somehow pay in five hundred thousand, yet die at age 55, you get nothing (unless you leave a widow/widower).

I think the reason they couldn't make simple investment accounts is that from the beginning they were paying out to people who had not paid into it. And they had not set it up that way, it would have never been adopted.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

Anyone want to vote who is more intelligent, Ninja or George Will?

Well, apparently GW is published in 450+ newspapers and magazines. And has won a pulitzer-prize. So, he is obviously not an idiot.

I believe you're completely correct here.There is NO MONEY set aside for anyone. There is only numbers coming in and numbers going out, and numbers beside your name in an excel spreadsheet in a file in a building somewhere in Washington DC.

The reason that there can't be an actual account for everyone is that some people will pay into SS only a little, yet draw out a lot. While others will pay in a lot and if they die early, recieve none of it out. Ninja is right in that it is more like insurance with a variable monthly payment based on how much you earn. So if you somehow pay in five hundred thousand, yet die at age 55, you get nothing (unless you leave a widow/widower).

I think the reason they couldn't make simple investment accounts is that from the beginning they were paying out to people who had not paid into it. And they had not set it up that way, it would have never been adopted.

I didn't mean an individual account for each contributing citizen. That's asking for trouble. Just one big account where only SS money goes and I can only justify it being some sort of investment account to account for inflation to keep your dollars as valuable as possible. Unfortunately, our government can't invest for shlt. We give billions to the world and are never paid back. We borrow from others and do nothing but pay interest and that's assuming we actually pay our debts.

I know none of this is so simple but that begs to question what the hell we pay so many government entities to do. I run my life like this.... 3 personal bank accounts. One that all my paychecks go into, my general spending account. Then my tax account that I transfer all my tax money into, 30% of every dollar I make, and it just sits there waiting for my quarterly tax bills. Finally a miscellaneous savings account. 3 accounts for business I have my general account where all payments received go to for spending on all things business. Then there's a payroll account where each week I transfer funds necessary to cover payroll and payroll taxes. Finally a miscellaneous account that is usually untouched but is reserved for very large jobs with large ongoing payments because for those types of jobs you need to keep track of all expenses and don't want to mix up that money with the general account used for general everyday jobs.

I know ninja, math and common sense doesn't apply to government finances, just personal finances. All I'm saying is that I am just one guy managing 6 different bank accounts, that never bounce, and I could handle more no problem. Is it too much to ask our public servants in charge of the financial future of the country to actually account for the tax money and to keep it separated from other monies received for different purposes?

Edited by F3SS

I know what you mean. I was checking my 401K the other day. Intel lets us pick between a number of funds to invest our money in. And not one of the 20+ funds that Intel has available to pick from was below 10% growth for this year. I have several in my 401K for diversity sake, and my lowest one was 13% gain this year. True enough, I might loose everything, but with funds that have survived 20+ years and have had growth exceeding the stock market every year, that would seem to be a small risk.

There is no way the government is getting that kind of return on their investments. I think probably most of the Virtual money in SS goes into virtual bonds, at a very low rate of interest. I say virtual because I highly doubt any of the money is physically moved, or even physically exists, and I doubt the bonds actually physically exist also.

• Like 1

Im in NY, and it doesnt look that way at all. Again, I now litteraly cant afford to insure my family. I was pushed outta the market completly. The prices have already raised over 70%.

There is no way you really believe the prices are going to go back down do you? Cause Id be willing to bet the farm that that will never happen.

I'm not sure what rates you were looking at, but the premiums for plans being sold in New York's new marketplace (for people who buy insurance on their own, not through a group plan at work) were just revealed today.

Health Plan Cost for New Yorkers Set to Fall 50%

Individuals buying health insurance on their own will see their premiums tumble next year in New York State as changes under the federal health care law take effect, state officials are to announce on Wednesday.

State insurance regulators say they have approved rates for 2014 that are at least 50 percent lower on average than those currently available in New York. Beginning in October, individuals in New York City who now pay $1,000 a month or more for coverage will be able to shop for health insurance for as little as $308 monthly. With federal subsidies, the cost will be even lower.

Supporters of the new health care law, the Affordable Care Act, credited the drop in rates to the online purchasing exchanges the law created, which they say are spurring competition among insurers that are anticipating an influx of new customers. The law requires that an exchange be started in every state.

I dont buy individual plans star. Thats always been outta the question. Id never be able for afford a realistic family plan on my own in NY. Most likely not even after a drop in prices. They are so far outta reach its crazy. Is that why I cant afford insurance through my job anymore? Cause now I have to pay for individual plans I cant afford?

• Like 1