Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spirit Guides

dundundun

Hello everyone!

I'm very new to this, well I guess, world, but very interested.

Can you explain to me what exactly a spirit guide is and what your experiences with them are?

I don't know if I have one, but there is definitely something positive guiding me. I don't quite understand it and the events taking place are too frequent to be coincidence.

I don't know if this has anything thing to do with it but I'm Buddhist and very spiritual, however I keep my mind open to the possibility of God. And these events started happening after I went to my grandparents grave and poured my heart out to them. My grandmother passed in 2001 when I was 12 and grandfather in 2011 when I was 22. I was closer to my grandmother as she was loving and kind. My grandfather was stoic and very disillusioned with religion. But they practically raised me.

Any advice, experiences, sharing and information will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! :D

• Like 1

Hi,

I see spirit guides as helpers for every day wisdom. Most of us are unable to connect with our own inner wisdom or we consider that wisdom less valuable than some outside greater authority. Some can just ask them self what is best and receive insights that are most helpful. The rest of us need spirit guidance which we imagine is out side of us.

The truth is that we are all very wise. That this wisdom originates from within the self and the form we give it does not matter.

I hope my views about this will help.

John

• Like 2

Hello everyone!

I'm very new to this, well I guess, world, but very interested.

Can you explain to me what exactly a spirit guide is and what your experiences with them are?

I don't know if I have one, but there is definitely something positive guiding me. I don't quite understand it and the events taking place are too frequent to be coincidence.

I don't know if this has anything thing to do with it but I'm Buddhist and very spiritual, however I keep my mind open to the possibility of God. And these events started happening after I went to my grandparents grave and poured my heart out to them. My grandmother passed in 2001 when I was 12 and grandfather in 2011 when I was 22. I was closer to my grandmother as she was loving and kind. My grandfather was stoic and very disillusioned with religion. But they practically raised me.

Any advice, experiences, sharing and information will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! :D

I can't tell you what spirit guides are other than to just say spirits. It's true some speak through your inner voice, but I feel that this does them injustice to say that's all they are.. I have met them face to face before, the way in which they come through can be very direct. There are consciousnesses in many forms. I have spirit guides that are close friends and even the spirits of trees can be teachers. In most traditions they have an animal representation aswell. My closest spirit guide comes as a young woman or a deer with one spiked antler and one forked. There are others to. Some that are right there with you all the time, some that might be ancestors, some that are nowhere near human and are deeply inter dimensional, some that are angelic. Angels are very special, yet they speak in circles. They always seem to throw your questions back at you, and they will carry you.

The journey is the only way I know to have these experiences your self.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&st=0

Be careful with "spirit guides" Some are good, some are very, very evil.

If you do not DIRECTLY, FORCEFULLY challenge their authenticity and intent, you open yourself up to unwanted manipulation.

You have the right to challenge... always remember this. NEVER forget that.

When encountered, ask them(with a demanding tone) who God is and if they like God. This will clue you in.

Peace.

• Like 3

I suppose you would have to know who god is to ask such a question.

With the advice above, If you are projecting these negative emotions and fear, I can promise You what you are going to get back every time. Carrying dogma with you into the spirit world is a mistake.

This human animal's infatuation with evil lurking around every unknown place is something that one must shed before rising to ones potential. Any helping spirits will try to help you through this first before you can adaquatly stand on your own feet. Otherwise you remain a child with the power of creation, walking around challenging everyone, spinning wildly in your own dark thoughts, and otherwise insane compared to other beings. We humans are infants throwing temper tantrums 90% of the time swinging crosses and quotes as is if we are chosen to rule the spirit world.

Higher dimensional beings simply shake their heads and offer their hands when we decide that we want to WAKE UP!!!

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

I've worked with helpers & guides for almost 20 years and have never experienced anything remotely scary or evil. None of my experiences have been especially powerful. I just get quiet messages like: "lock you doors" (which I almost never do), or "call Mary", or "move away, this person is up to no good," or "this thing you're worried about isn't going to happen, so relax." Early on I decided to pay attention to these messages and act on them, the more I did the more consistent & frequent they occurred. Some spiritual traditions believe that the spirits of our ancestors still exist, and that what brings them joy is to help us, protect us & guide us, all we need to do is welcome them. Maybe the reason I've never seen anything scary is because for me those things don't exist. I trust explicitly that no harm will come to me from "evil spirits" because in a sacred world those things wouldn't have been created. That's my philosophy & experience, and what's true for me. Anyway, it's always good to have allies, wherever we find them.

• Like 4

You don't need a spirit guide to hold your hand. Guide yourself, it's your life.

Indeed. In the physical world you dont need any books or messiahs telling you what is spiritual or not, you can experience it for yourself.

In the spirit world, its like being a child guides are teachers much like in school, but ultimately it's up to you to learn.

• Like 1

Be careful with "spirit guides" Some are good, some are very, very evil.

If you do not DIRECTLY, FORCEFULLY challenge their authenticity and intent, you open yourself up to unwanted manipulation.

You have the right to challenge... always remember this. NEVER forget that.

When encountered, ask them(with a demanding tone) who God is and if they like God. This will clue you in.

Peace.

First off, -assuming that spirit guides are even real- why assume that they must have religious beliefs and even if they did why must it dovetail with yours?

"Spirits" (again assuming for the moment that they are real) are no different from the guy next door. Just because it says something doesn't mean it is true or valid nor does it mean you must worship them.

• Like 1

First off, -assuming that spirit guides are even real- why assume that they must have religious beliefs and even if they did why must it dovetail with yours?

"Spirits" (again assuming for the moment that they are real) are no different from the guy next door. Just because it says something doesn't mean it is true or valid nor does it mean you must worship them.

The spirit world is not a physical place. Spirits do not have human or physical intentions or motivations. Those that are not attached to something physical really are not concerned with what happens here. Higher dimensional spirits those that say have the conciousness of a galaxy even less so. Our entire lives are merely a blip.

The spirit world is not a physical place.

Yes, I know.

Spirits do not have human or physical intentions or motivations. Those that are not attached to something physical really are not concerned with what happens here. Higher dimensional spirits those that say have the conciousness of a galaxy even less so. Our entire lives are merely a blip.

This is why I asked about why a so called 'spirit' would even need a religion if such dogmas are a aspect of the physical.

I agree with Pallidin and Heaven. Spirits can not be trusted, we don't know what their true intentions for us may be and they have a very poor track record. We should focus on our own abilities and guide ourselves to where we need to go.

• Like 2

Well you called out to the departed or spoke to them & it is possible your spiritual guardian or guide decided to show you that you have a spiritual presence with you. Generally they stay out of the way & let us deal with life in our own way, & only step in at certain times including when we come close to death, or close to the deceased. They subtly help our lives at all times in various ways & may never show themselves. When they do make their presence known people generally take fright & think it may be an evil entity that seeks to harm them. This leads millions of people to miss out on meeting all their guardians because they fight or flee them & fail to understand their messages.

Although I've met my guardians face to face & traveled with them to other worlds they generally remain out of the picture, & only offer subtle telepathic guidance or suggestions that I take into account but do not always act on. The guide generally tries to pace the human instead of helping them. It expects the human to carry out all the human responsibilities instead of seeking divine help at every step.

My guardians have done a vast amount for me, but materially they haven't really done much at all. They basically make it known that I am a soul living a human life & I'm from elsewhere & will be taken to other worlds when I die. That knowledge or awareness lets me relax & enjoy my time on earth more

• Like 1

I agree with Pallidin and Heaven. Spirits can not be trusted, we don't know what their true intentions for us may be and they have a very poor track record. We should focus on our own abilities and guide ourselves to where we need to go.

Just like a university you need teachers if you want to understand more. Teachers do not hold your hand, they help you gain tools.

One can lead a normal life and not seek this sort of awareness and be just fine. Then there are Those of us that choose to learn because we enjoy the journey and marvel at Human potential.

There is no reason to go around mistrusting beings simply because you have fear in your heart even more so if you have never experienced interaction with a spirit . These sorts of goggles will only be self fufilling. Native Americans and other traditional peoples worked intimately with the other side of reality long before dogmatic religions that cannot aford to let people experience spirituality without their materials, books, power centers, and hierarchies.

My experiences with my guardian.

I used to have dreams I was in a white white room. This individual opened the door gave me a message, walk towards me kissed me on my foreheads and disappeared in a bright white light.

I gave the message to my mother. She was in disbalief.

My mom had been praying that I would find work and Everything would be fine. A few days later a global glamgomorate called to offer me a position. Since, I have worked for 3 large global companies.

Last week, I had a weak moment and said outloud. I need change!! Yesterday, two large firms called to meet up with me. I was not certain what I was going to do.

Last night, I had a dream. The dream told me to call them back. I believe someone,something is looki g out for me.

Experience number 2

I ended up in a bad relationship and needed out quickly. I called for an apartment. That night I got lost and was Sri inf ar

• 1 month later...

Wow there are a lot of opinions on spirit guides.... my thing is this. Everyone that does believe in spirit guides, you are all talking very matter of factly. However, no one is saying exactly where they are getting their information from. Some say they are evil, some say they dont care about us and what we are doing at all, and some say that they come in many shapes. Not to mention when you do other research on the net you can get billions of answers and opinions there.... I personally believe there is SOMETHING. Dont know what. They could be spirit guides, angels, lost relatives, god himself. Who knows? It could be something different for everyone. I just would appreciate if everyone could elaborate on where they got there spirit guide information. If it was an encounter go into detail about the encounter and how you meditated your way to that point? I have always had lots of questions about spirit guides, but with everyone talking like they know for sure...... I just find it more intriguiing that everyone knows what they are saying but everyone is saying something different. How exactly does anyone KNOW this? Just asking out of curiousity. I have been thinking along the same questions as the original poster....

'/

Hello Ashley,

The way we work with spirit and thus our spirit guides is essentially a subjective experience. Since we are all uniquely different, our perspective and perceptions of this experience will be quite personal.

In my case, I have always had a telepathic connection with my higher self. The spirit guide of all spirit guides as I understand these things. So when I ask myself a question, I would often get this extraordinary good answer in my mind. Very much like I thought it up myself but truly beyond my normal range of considerations. Over the last 60+ years of my life I have used this wisdom to assist me in making all kinds of choices.

I hope that this is the type of reply that will be helpful for you.

Sincerely,

John

• Like 1

Wow there are a lot of opinions on spirit guides.... my thing is this. Everyone that does believe in spirit guides, you are all talking very matter of factly. However, no one is saying exactly where they are getting their information from. Some say they are evil, some say they dont care about us and what we are doing at all, and some say that they come in many shapes. Not to mention when you do other research on the net you can get billions of answers and opinions there.... I personally believe there is SOMETHING. Dont know what. They could be spirit guides, angels, lost relatives, god himself. Who knows? It could be something different for everyone. I just would appreciate if everyone could elaborate on where they got there spirit guide information. If it was an encounter go into detail about the encounter and how you meditated your way to that point? I have always had lots of questions about spirit guides, but with everyone talking like they know for sure...... I just find it more intriguiing that everyone knows what they are saying but everyone is saying something different. How exactly does anyone KNOW this? Just asking out of curiousity. I have been thinking along the same questions as the original poster....

'/

Achieving altered states of consciousness is the only way I know to learn about this. The shamanic journey/ astral projection is where my information comes from. Usually those carrying the evil card perpetuating religious dogmas. There are indeed a lot of opinions on spirit guides, some are based on experience most are based on parroting.

• 3 weeks later...

Ask your spirit guide if Jesus was a both a man and the son of God. If your guide says yes, then you should listen.

If your guide says no or nothing, then it's a dead end.

It doesn't matter if you're Christian or not, it's simply a tool of identification.

It doesn't even matter if you believe the answer, it's still a tool of identification, and will keep you safe.

The reason is simple, it's a question that no spirit guide can lie about. There are laws on the other side, and they are strictly enforced.

Again I must ask, if spirit guides are real, then why must they believe in YOUR religion?

Or rather why must a so-called spirit guide BE religious at all?

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

Ask your spirit guide if Jesus was a both a man and the son of God. If your guide says yes, then you should listen.

If your guide says no or nothing, then it's a dead end.

It doesn't matter if you're Christian or not, it's simply a tool of identification.

It doesn't even matter if you believe the answer, it's still a tool of identification, and will keep you safe.

The reason is simple, it's a question that no spirit guide can lie about. There are laws on the other side, and they are strictly enforced.

I suppose I should choose a spirit guide that is a lawyer ;)

spirit guides or light beings are those who play a major role in helping man to evolve and develop consciousness.Spirit guides are those who are in any 1 of the 7stages of evolution after leaving the human form.In a simple way they are evolved humans.Examples of spirit guides are angels, saints,spirit creatures which are not evil.They guide us in the right path so we dont take up the negative or evil path in our evolutionary stages.These spirit guides have the positive energy of the universe.They are always working trying to prevent negative energy to protect mankind.But still evil has its own way of workin.But if we ask our spirit guides to help they will definitely show us the correct path to develop consciousness.

• Like 1

I suppose I should choose a spirit guide that is a lawyer ;)

or a feeding tube ...

or a feeding tube ...

Im guessing you might have examples of people that have been damaged by fake spirit guides?

I know that everyone has 12 spirit guides. I mainly get there powers by having dreams about the future when I'm in REM sleep. I've had mine come to me in my dreams and tell me that we were psychic elders. There was a time where i told someone about them but after that I doubted my spirit guides saying it was probably just a dream. That same night I had another dream where I was with them and they showed me my potential in this world and what I could do to better myself and the people around me.